• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
- Areas adjacent to your own owner area is no longer "overseas". aka, no more penalty on integrating vassal etc when neighbour to your home.
- Fixed broken scrollbar in the macrobuildinterface

That missing scrollbar was really annoying, if one wanted to build large fleets at once.
And the annaexing/integrating made my Mamluks game quite slow (with vassals of Yemen, Oman, Hedjaz, Ramazan, Dulkadir, etc etc) xD

General query: is it WAD that Provence is not in the HRE at game start? Historically the counts of Provence were imperial princes until the line died out and the last count (who was also a duke and king due to other titles) left Provence to the French Crown in his will IIRC. So really Provence should be an HRE province until it is inherited by France.

Just thought I'd ask here rather than reporting it as a bug, as it may be for balance reasons?

General query: is it WAD that Provence is not in the HRE at game start? Historically the counts of Provence were imperial princes until the line died out and the last count (who was also a duke and king due to other titles) left Provence to the French Crown in his will IIRC. So really Provence should be an HRE province until it is inherited by France.

Just thought I'd ask here rather than reporting it as a bug, as it may be for balance reasons?

It's probably so that France doesn't find itself against the HRE immediately when reclaiming its cores.

It's probably so that France doesn't find itself against the HRE immediately when reclaiming its cores.

This, and the fact that a smart player couldn't get France integrated into the HRE. Not sure if it can be done, I've never tried it, but if it works like it did in EU3 (I got the TO into the HRE, then every single province I took from Poland and Lithuania) Paradox probably didn't want France to have any possibility to be turned into a larger blob than it can already turn into.

Is the checksum actually supposed to be 1638, or is that a typo in the thread title?

I ask because I've ended up with 1683 after the update, and they look similar enough that it could be a typo. If it's not, I'll have to investigate what happened with my game.

I saw AI chasing the same run-run-run rebel for about 100 years, and still going........ This has to be fixed......

WE SHOULD BE SO HAPPY THIS WAS IGNORED, AND 2 COMPLETELY ASTHETIC BUGS WERE FIXED IN IT'S PLACE. Clearly scrollbars and unit sprites are more important than actually broken mechanics.

WE SHOULD BE SO HAPPY THIS WAS IGNORED, AND 2 COMPLETELY ASTHETIC BUGS WERE FIXED IN IT'S PLACE. Clearly scrollbars and unit sprites are more important than actually broken mechanics.

Some things take longer to fix than others, and some things are more likely to get people complaining when they've paid money for separate additions that were purely aesthetic that aren't working. On top of that fixing skins is a different problem from fixing AI behavior, and so the same people aren't necessarily working on the same tasks. You can cool down you know.

Some things take longer to fix than others, and some things are more likely to get people complaining when they've paid money for separate additions that were purely aesthetic that aren't working. On top of that fixing skins is a different problem from fixing AI behavior, and so the same people aren't necessarily working on the same tasks. You can cool down you know.

So what you're saying is, that much smaller than core player group that spent 3$~ish dollars, are allowed to be more vocal about their bugs, and as such, have it fixed first because they paid a few more peanuts than the rest of us? I thought the purpose of a hotfix was to fix major bugs introduced in a patch, before a comprehensive patch comes out weeks/months later. A few incorrect sprites (that "shockingly" got past the 4-5 fulltime testers, and 200+ beta folk), hardly fits in that criteria. Now, rebels you can't kill, and AI that can't work around this seems like just the kind of thing to fix in a hotfix.

So what you're saying is, that much smaller than core player group that spent 3$~ish dollars, are allowed to be more vocal about their bugs, and as such, have it fixed first because they paid a few more peanuts than the rest of us? I thought the purpose of a hotfix was to fix major bugs introduced in a patch, before a comprehensive patch comes out weeks/months later. A few incorrect sprites (that "shockingly" got past the 4-5 fulltime testers, and 200+ beta folk), hardly fits in that criteria. Now, rebels you can't kill, and AI that can't work around this seems like just the kind of thing to fix in a hotfix.

Those '4-5 full time testers' aren't paid. Don't even try and say that just because it was missed by them, it was 'shocking'. That's just ignorant.

Deal with it. Stop moaning and whining. You think that helps solve the issue? 'WAAAH, REBELS R BROKE'

Why don't you post a damn detailed bug report? Why don't you attach pictrues and/or a screenshot, detailing your issue? Oh wait no, you'd rather spend your time whining about how paradox caters to 'a small player group'

Grow up.