• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Camtheman: I don't believe Marathas starts in play. They can certainly show up. I agree, Vijayanagar usually dominates, in fact I think this is the first time I've seen them wiped out.

Gen. Marshall: Thanks. Yes, the Marathas are actually the ones who all but finish off the Mughals, only to fall in turn to the British. I'm enjoying the Timurids - so much chaos.

GreatUberGeek: Without the constant mandatory wars, but the game keeps trying to tempt me with random claims on my neighbors. I've played Vijay alot, but never Orissa - I imagine having a long coastline has its advantages.

Najs: Thanks! In all fairness, Lan Xang was my own fault for that disastrous first war, but I think I served my penance for that fiasco. Bengal...well, at least it was quick.

Seelmeister: Yes, always nice to be able to actually make a difference. That was hard to do with some of these nations.

Incidentally, I checked: As of 1525, Tripoli's little Byzantium vassal is still alive and well. Just...uhm...not a vassal. And at war with the Ottomans. I don't see them making 1530.

Stuyvesant: Indeed. It's too bad there's no real "kill heir" mechanic other than hoping they die in a war. Obviously the trick here would be to only have toddlers for heirs, so every succession war ends before it starts.

Chief Ragusa: Well, I've proven I can thrash Gujarat pretty handily. We haven't tested ourselves against Nepal yet, but they're much the same with equal or weaker tech. The mountains could be an issue I suppose. Again, I've never seen Vijayanagar completely vanish. That makes southern India very volatile and very interesting.

PhilUK: That's the plan: Take what I need, then sit back and play defense until I can form the Mughals

Darkath: Let me know how it goes!

TonyJoe: I know. Or Byzantium in the middle of a war with the Ottomans.

Kazmir: Thank you very much!

Avindian: Welcome aboard!

CHAPTER V: TIMURIDS
Part 3: A World of Hurt (1520-1525)

No Manpower for the Wicked

So let's see: We're waiting for the Delhi truce to expire in 1424. Though I usually think of it as gamey, I'd feel justified in breaking the truce because of the cheese in not letting me claim Upper Doab as a capital province. We'll see how the turn progresses.

Meanwhile, I'm busy stomping on Malwa. Plan A is to vassalize them just like Jaisalmer.

I've managed to scrape together 1500 manpower, so I recruit a unit near the Persian border. That's when I notice all my Persian border provinces have access to Shamshir Infantry, far superior to my Eastern Archers. I see where I'll be doing future regular recruiting from.

It's also time to do something about my diplomatic situation. I currently have 7 relationships of 4 allowed: RM/Alliance with Golden Horde and Kazakh, Guaranteeing Delhi, Jaisalmer and Punjab are my b..vassals, and MA through Nepal and Gujarat. I cancel both MAs - I don't need them anymore. Then I cancel the RM and Alliance with Golden Horde. Why?

152004GoldenHorde_zpsc3136fcb.jpg

Why not.

In June 1520 Mewat, the northern Malwa province falls. I stare at the screen for several moments, then decide:

152006Mewat_zps355722ed.jpg

Why? Why not.

More seriously, Central Doab (the province I took from Delhi) has a 19.4% revolt risk, and since I don't have a land border I can't even begin coring it. This way I can begin coring Mewat immediately, and Central Doab in April 1522. Recall that, aside from the revolt risk, coring C. Doab is part of the price of becoming the Mughal Empire.

Notice that Nepal decides as a result that I'm not worth fighting. Too bad in July Delhi joins the coalition. Said coalition currently consists of the Oirat Horde, who I suppose could annoy me if they really chose, as well as OPM Gwalior, OPM Multan and TPM Jaunpur. I'm terrified.

Far more troubling are the revolts, which simply don't let up. This time peasants in Khiva and Khorasani nationalists in Kandahar start the whack-a-mole of death. There are perhaps six or seven in total, and while I win each battle easily it does prevent me from using manpower to recruit any more Shamshir.

It does give me a reason to recruit a new general however, and I choose Shah Rukh Mohsin (F1 S3 M2 Sg1). Do Muslims really call their children 'Shah'? It'd be like us naming our children 'President' or 'Prime Minister.' I just don't think it works.

By the end of 1420 I've noticed two things: First, I have annoying nobles who once again demand privileges (-10 prestige), and second my missionary in Jangladesh is frozen at 91.4%. Apparently the province has grown richer under my administration and, paradoxically, thinks that's a great reason to keep worshipping cows. We currently have a negative piety which isn't helping. Look, if you can't trust cynical secularist nomadic hordes with your spiritual life, who can you trust?

Sigh.

At least I'm not the only one suffering. Delhi gets overrun by peasants who, as near as I can tell, accomplish nothing. On the home front, Shah has an identity crisis.

152012ShahRukh_zpsfd6d9b56.jpg

Fortunately he gets his head back on straight in time for us to take advantage of trading opportunities (+5% Trade Power). We also look at taking the third trading idea, but it would cost 400 diplomacy points. We have 401. I want a healthy reserve for my eventual peace treaty with Delhi, so I'll wait until that war is over.

I also get the chance to begin repairing relations with my imams.

152207TaxingClergy_zps7037f6e5.jpg

In March 1523 I commit to an attack on Delhi starting the day the truce ends (February 11, 1524). This involves moving my 'western' army to the Oirat border to discourage mischief while my larger main army waits two provinces from the Delhi border.

In April 1523, rebels in Far commit to torquing me off.

Okay, so my 'western' army is going to be somewhat busy. By July I'm able to get them somewhat in position, but then in January 1524 another rebellion breaks out.

Screw it. We'll never have another chance, not with Johan and his dice breathing down on our necks.

Coalition of the Puppies

The plan wasn't very simple.

152402DelhiWar_zps11d6731f.jpg

Abu Said's 'western' army would play whack-a-rebel before hopefully rejoining the war. Shah would plunge through Delhi, hopefully crush a few armies along the way, and take everyone out of the war.

But what to do about the Oirat Horde with no manpower but 780 gold. Right.

152402Mercenaries_zpsdd1bdd48.jpg

Within days it's the Timurids, Jaisalmer and Punjab vs. Oirat Horde, Delhi, Gwalior, Jaunpur, Multan (coalition) plus Ahmendagar and Assam (alliance w Delhi, but irrelevant)

Yemen is impressed with my audacity and asks for an alliance. In this game Yemen's turned into a regional power with extensive holdings on both sides of the Red Sea. That means they have a navy, and while that won't help with this war it may continue to help discourage attacks while I'm busy.

By March 1524 I've crushed the Delhi, Jaunpur and Gwalior armies and sieged Upper Doab. By the end of April all of Jaunpur, Gwalior and the rest of Delhi are also under siege. I try ending the war with some of the minors, only to be reminded that in a coalition war there ARE no separate peaces.

With the rebels in the north destroyed, Abu Said begins moving towards the Oirat border again. A handful of mercenaries siege Multan, who has placed their army along with Jaunpur mercenaries in Central Doab. The rest of the mercs move south to break the Multan army's back.

Through the spring of 1524 I play a game of cat and mouse (and cheese) with the Multan army. Every time their army starts to move to break one of my sieges, I send all my reinforcements to that province. They back off. I back off. Then they begin moving again, resetting the movement timer. Finally, on July 14, they run out of time.

152407BigBattle_zpscaa8f2c5.jpg

Notice another fricking rebellion has broken out. I move my 'Oirat defense' force to deal with it, which unfortunately is a bit of a mistake as this frees up the Oirats to move into my territory en masse. I rush the mercenaries, what troops I can spare from the southern sieges, and Abu Said to the scene to kick them back out.

Starting in October 1524, troops pour into Kashmir. The Oirats are technically the defenders, and that technicality makes all the difference. It starts at roughly 24K a piece, but with the defensive advantage and a narrow frontage the Oirats gain the advantage. Soon it's 20 on 19, my favor, but my morale is at 1/4 while theirs are at 1/2. I don't want to chance losing more men in a losing proposition so I retreat.

This was not my best moment. Since I have two plus armies in the province, only one goes to the province I want. Abu Said routs all the way to the Persian border.

Still, all is not lost. It's not even bad. I build more mercenaries where Abu will finally stop. Meanwhile all of Delhi and Jaunpur fall, which means I can rush their sieging armies. Shah's troops stop in Sirhind and are quickly beefed up.

After a few days the Oirat Horde sends 13K survivors to chase down Abu's army. I don't think they'll catch them, but now Shah once more has a larger army and can hunt them in return.

We're at 28 warscore. Upper Doab is worth 29, so I'm hoping when Multan or Gwalior fall the war will end. Still, I could see if the Oirat Horde as war leader isn't ready to give up yet. Perhaps when I kill that army...

C'mon Johan, let me finish this.

Johan's Dice

Reign: 15 years
Roll: 6
Needed: 4+
Continue?: Yes

Johann's dice are being kind to you. Got your hands full with that coalition though, so hopefully you can mop that up and end the war next turn. And then hopefully form the Mughal Empire.

Onward Timurid soldiers! Always fighting rebels, which negates the large fighting force the Timurids can field. Again, you get to stay to finish off a war and core the provinces you need to form the Moguls. You noticed
two things about the end of 1420. I noticed that's a hundred years previously. That explains the fall of the Timurid empire's fall in our timeline. Some anti-Timurid noble discovered the secret of time travel and went back
to do the empire in.

I note you're keeping tabs on OPMs in hopeless situations. A wise precaution.

Very glad you get to continue, I'm enjoying the Timurid ride.

This AAR inspired me to try a random game of my own along the same lines. I got Shan, Wurztburg (100% dull but luckily short) then Ming, where I got to help my old and still allied self, Shan. Which inspired me to start a new game as Shan which frankly would not have happened otherwise (100 years in it's been a lot of fun). This random format is a great way to allow you to sample countries you'd have a hard time committing to for a full campaign. Thanks.

Woohoo! The die rolled in your favor! But I fear such good fortune can't last, so I implore you to finish off Delhi before the next turn runs out. Otherwise, the RNG will punish you and put you in control of Delhi, in all likelihood. ;)

By the end of 1420 I've noticed two things: First, I have annoying nobles who once again demand privileges (-10 prestige), and second my missionary in Jangladesh is frozen at 91.4%. Apparently the province has grown richer under my administration and, paradoxically, thinks that's a great reason to keep worshipping cows. We currently have a negative piety which isn't helping. Look, if you can't trust cynical secularist nomadic hordes with your spiritual life, who can you trust?

Sigh.

Who, indeed, would be a better guardian of your spiritual welfare than a cynical secularist nomadic horde? :) Honestly, I think you just need to have one of those blind taste test thingies Coke and Pepsi were so fond of (in days of yore): "Gather ye all, and taste these tasty morsels! One is a block of tofu, the other a mysterious concoction known as a "hamburger". Try them! What say you sir, do you prefer the so-called "hamburger"? Indeed? How wonderful! It is indeed a scrumptious delight, an ambrosia sent to us from the Gods God. It is how He shows his love for us (and makes sure we steer clear of the vile perversion that is pork), and by partaking of it, we show our Lord our love in return. Now, let me show you the secret ingredient..." <Dramatically pull back curtain, reveal beatific bovine chewing the cud>

That should do the trick and convert them post-haste, I would imagine.*

*Look, it's a slow day at the office and I'm bored, okay?

Woohoo! More Timurids and moar war! What fun, taking over small nations and crushing their spirit and opressing freedoms and the stuff that all the other tyrants are doing-this is what EU4's truly about. A time for the family to get together and smash eachother in 3D.

Excellent, it would have been very disappointing had your tenure in Samarkand ended now. The war is going well, retreating at Kashmir seems to have been a wise decision, and the defeat will have little impact on the result of this war.

Catknight I can see you are going to be ready to take the empire decision at the end of your next turn and the role will send you to the Inca or some other hilarious nation.

tnick0225: Yeah, I keep expecting the dice to take me away from such a powerful (and fun) country, but so far so good.

dutchmagnum: Let us know how it goes!

OsirisDeath: True, the Timurids usually do well enough, and they weren't exactly dying when I took over. (Though I do think the AI had made some bad decisions and trouble was just around the corner.)

Chief Ragusa: Definitely a wise precaution. Yes, it's funny how the 1400s keep showing up rather than the 1500s. I had to change almost all of my file names over. I suppose it's because I don't get out of the 15th century that often!

InnocentIII: Absolutely! I think that has been one of the hidden prizes of doing this AAR. I think I've played Mali once (back in EU3), but I'd never touched Tripoli or the Timurids. I've had alot of fun with them all and will probably play them again.

Stuyvesant: Another thing I've noticed is that having that die roll waiting for me at the end of every five years, and not knowing if it'll let me stay or not, has changed my playing style. I've taken more chances and been a little more aggressive than I'm used to. Definitely going to try to finish the war this turn.

GreatUberGeek: "We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power... We know what no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end... The object of persecution is persecution." - 1984, by George Orwell

Translation: Damn straight!

Seelmeister: No, retreating probably wasn't a bad move, but I do wish half my army hadn't shattered all the way to Persia.

BBBD316: Undoubtedly. I'm burning through dice karma at an alarming rate.

CHAPTER V: TIMURIDS
Part 4: The Sound of Fur Flying (1525-1530)

Grinding to Glory

It is January 1525 and we're at war with a moderate sized coalition over the last piece to our puzzle, Upper Doab. Conquer and core Upper Doab, and we can form the Mughal Empire who should be strong enough to be a moderate pain in the butt for the rest of the game.

First we must face down our coalition however. Delhi and Jaunpur are already occupied, while Gwalior and Multan are sieged. The last piece of the puzzle is the Oirat Horde, who had the audacity to send some 24 regiments over the border in my direction. Some ten or so are sieging a total of four border provinces, but 14 are huddled in one mass chasing one of my retreating armies.

There is hope though! The 'other' retreating army, under Shah Rukh, has reformed and picked up reinforcements. They number 17 regiments and take off in pursuit.

While we wait to see who will win that particular race, I go ahead and take Trade Idea 3-Merchant Adventures (+25% Trade Range). I have enough Dip points to be able to afford that and a modest peace, so why not. This also gives me Timurid Idea 1-Timurid Architecture (-2% Prestige Decay). Apparently we build our huts to last.

Later in January Jangladesh finally turns Sunni following a series of blind taste tests. Mewat (which we took from Malwa) cores. Apparently bordering a cored province makes the process of coring go much faster, because Central Doab cores instantly. Now Upper Doab is truly the only thing in my way.

Gird (Gwalior) falls, and so perhaps it's time to appeal to the Oirats' sense of survival and peace out.

152501GwaliorFallsPeace_zpsc0683c8c.jpg

Or perhaps they'd like to die in anguish and misery instead. Fine. We're Timurids. We're good at pain and misery.

So, February comes. First, Multan falls and the Oirats effectively stand alone. Then, Shah catches the Oirat army.

152502DefeatOirat_zps2cae350c.jpg

It's not as easy as it may look: Killing those two artillery regiments is going to be hard. I chase them into Kashmir: They keep going, but we do defeat a smaller siege army. It also gives some of my southern forces time to catch up. We then begin our counterattack towards the Oirat border while Abu Said, commander of the other defeated army, rallies and begins moving eastwards again.

Not everything goes well during these frenzied few months: In March Uighurstan falls to the Oirats, while Gazni falls to Khorasani nationalists. Abu's diverted to deal with the latter, while Shah continues his counterattack.

Through the summer we continue holding the initiative: Abu finishes off the rebels, then leaves a sieging army while Shah kicks the Oirats out of Kashgar, leaves a sieging army of his own in Uighuristan, and advances into Oirat territory for the first time.

Then, the greatest potential challenge to my reign begins: 18 regiments of Delhi nationalists in Central Doab. Shah's fully committed to the Oirat campaign, while Abu's army is too small for a head on fight. I have no choice but to hope our defenders hold out while both armies head for Oirat lands. Slowly the warscore is ticking in my favor, but will it be enough?

By October the counterattack begins in earnest:

152510ChasingOiratsAround_zpsd76dded0.jpg

And almost ends there. The Oirat army defeated earlier has rallied and is on the move back to the front. Shah meets them in open battle at Urumqi. We win...but lose 9.4K men versus 6.1K on their side.

We can't afford this. Sending huge armies into the eastern steppes may be necessary, but between that battle and the attrition we're going to reach the point we can't recover. The Oirats still don't want peace, but it's getting closer. We move 5K mercs into Uighurstan (if they get annihilated, no biggie), another 2K into Hofan as the Punjabi army has mysteriously wandered off, and the rest of both Abu and Shah's army sits in Kashgar. We briefly have visions of luring the Oirat army in, then sending the whole army crashing down on them.

In January 1526, another 18K rebels join the force in Central Doab, bringing them up to 36. Central Doab promptly falls. We check: Three years before the province defects to Delhi if nothing else changes, but how am I going to kick out 36 regiments?

Yep, time for more mercenaries.

In February Uighuristan is retaken, and still the Oirats won't consider peace - though now the difference is only five points. Nationalist rebels in Kabulistan decide this is a great time to be an *** about things and revolt. We reply with harsh measures in the most problematic remaining provinces, and using Admin points to raise our Stability to 2.

Through the spring and summer of 1526 we play cat and mouse, with two moderate Oirat armies on one side, and my attriting but still huge doomstack on the other. They move towards Uighuristan or Hotan, I counterattack, they back down, I back down. It's almost like a dance.

In September 1526, it becomes a dance of victory!

152609Peace_zps3f5d0e6f.jpg

Of course, I now don't have the admin points to core Upper Doab right away, but that's okay. I have other fish on my plate. Hi guys? Remember me.

152606Rebels_zps7e9f37f4.jpg

Notice that's only 18K near Central Doab. The other 18 wandered into Gwalior, and now that the war is over they are officially 'Not my problem.' I grin a nasty little grin. It's sort of like when I'm driving to work, and I notice some **** in a faster car pass me - but I know that their lane is about to merge with mine. That's not my problem either, so I let him sit there stewing because I'm not letting him back in.

Sometimes I wave.

Once in awhile they try to muscle in. That's when I remind them my old SUV is bigger and stronger than their shiny compact, and if they continue this will happen:

152704RebsCrushed_zps116dae7f.jpg

Silence

For the next 2 years, 8 months we do not fight a single battle. None. No huge coalitions, no tiny rebellions. At first I don't notice. I'm still busy recovering - catching my breath as well as our country's.

First, we begin coring Upper Doab. It's scheduled to finish in October 1531. Good enough: Spend the rest of the turn getting the Timurids ready, then by January 1530 even the AI can't mess this up.

Our armies are...depleted. Towards the end we consolidated regiments left and right, and now stand at 27 regiments of 57 maximum. We hire 8 mercs to bolster our armies in case of a sneak attack that never comes. By October Central Doab is ours again.

In February 1528 our armies are once again at full strength, and our manpower pool begins building. This lets me start trading out mercenary infantry for the much stronger Shasmir Infantry. It's now that Shah passes away, and I actually feel a moment of remorse like I rarely do for these fictional bits of information. Shah was a great general, defeated only once and saw me through any number of battles. Perhaps it's fitting that he dies now, with the army recovered and on the verge of transcending beyond our Timurid past. He will forever be one of the greatest of the Timurids, free from competition once we become Mughals.

The coalition against us, which one month after the war's end featured Gujarat, Delhi, Chagatai, Oirat Horde, Jaunpur, Multan, Nepal, Gwalior, Orissa, Equestria, and several Eve Online guilds, begins to settle down again, and I'm grateful. Years of war and Allah knows how many mercenary regiments have strained our coffers to the breaking point. Indeed, I have to think long and hard before taking what would normally be a no-brainer decision:

152810Ancestors_zpsc9044a51.jpg

Still, we're doing well enough that by May 1529 I stop building more regiments. We have thirty: 9 Shashmir Infantry, 5 Eastern Archers, 14 Eastern Steppe Cavalry (6 of them Mercs), and 2 Bronze Mortars (1 Merc). We could keep going, but no. No, save some money and manpower for the AI to work with when I leave.

It's around this time that it all starts to feel surreal. I'm not sure I have the linguistic skills to explain .. see, I was nearing my twentieth year here in Timurid territory, and I spent over seventeen of them in near constant war. Four 'real' wars, and I have no idea how many rebellions. Constantly marching armies west and east, north and south. Sometimes it wasn't far from a click fest, even with frequent use of the pause key. There were times it had been so frenzied that I forgot what it felt like to catch my breath, look around the screen, have everything I wanted (or could reasonably have).

The best analogy I can think of is to pretend you're an airplane pilot in a storm. Winds knocking you left and right, poor visibility, the very real danger that the ground is down there somewhere, rain beating on your wings, lightning, then all of a sudden you break through the clouds. That's how I felt now, that I'd somehow broken through, that my two years of peace were somehow the AI's way of congratulating me for outlasting it.

It was ... peaceful.

153001Timurids_zps593d1b00.jpg

And it's now January 1530, and I know it's my time to go. I didn't quite finish what I set out to do, but all the pieces are in place. The Timurids have strong allies, a strong enough army to deter attack, Upper Doab will core inside of two years, and then... Yeah, close enough. Good enough for one lifetime perhaps. I'm ready now Johan. Take me to Byzantium or Gotland or even New Jersey.

Yes, there. Can you hear it? Johan's voice.

"Not yet."

Johan's Dice

Reign: 20 years
Roll: 5
Needed: 5+
Continue?: Yes

Lol you are so getting the Swahili or Maya next! LOL...nice job though looks like you will probably be around to see the Mughal Empire formed :)

And well the EveOnline guild thing cracked me up! That game literally consumed me for a good couple of years...it's still my most played Steam game as of now.

Gird (Gwalior) falls, and so perhaps it's time to appeal to the Oirats' sense of survival and peace out.

152501GwaliorFallsPeace_zpsc0683c8c.jpg

Or perhaps they'd like to die in anguish and misery instead. Fine. We're Timurids. We're good at pain and misery.

True, the Tims are good at pain and misery. Mostly their own, though, it would seem. :p Or at least the people that are under the Timurid yoke benevolent protection. :)

Notice that's only 18K near Central Doab. The other 18 wandered into Gwalior, and now that the war is over they are officially 'Not my problem.' I grin a nasty little grin. It's sort of like when I'm driving to work, and I notice some **** in a faster car pass me - but I know that their lane is about to merge with mine. That's not my problem either, so I let him sit there stewing because I'm not letting him back in.

Sometimes I wave.

I can just about picture you giving a cheery wave from the heights of your hulking SUV, while said wannabe line-cutter's head nearly explodes from a rage-induced stroke. :D

And it's now January 1530, and I know it's my time to go. I didn't quite finish what I set out to do, but all the pieces are in place. The Timurids have strong allies, a strong enough army to deter attack, Upper Doab will core inside of two years, and then... Yeah, close enough. Good enough for one lifetime perhaps. I'm ready now Johan. Take me to Byzantium or Gotland or even New Jersey.

Yes, there. Can you hear it? Johan's voice.

"Not yet."

To be fair, New Jersey would constitute cruel and unusual punishment, even for this particular game that's built around random bouts of severe punishment. ;)

But whee! 5 more years in Timuridia! Enjoy that basking in the sun - either you succeed in forming the Mughals and you're in for 285 years of OPMs on the brink of disaster, or the game will throw in a bunch of succession crises as the Timurids, seeing some provinces break away and forever dashing your hopes of reaching that elusive Holy Grail that you've chased for 20 long game years now. :p

PS: I noticed that the coalition against you (whilst including the ever-pleasant Eve Online guilds - Goonsquad, I believe it is?) was lacking the Horsehead Nebula, so things are definitely improving for the Timurids. Truly, as Macchiavelli observed: "It is better to be feared, than to be loved".

A succession without pretenders. how very unTimurid. You got to stay. Two years to form the core, rebels permitting and then form the Moguls -as long as you are at peace. To carry on the aviation metaphor
you have still to land your crate. Dangerous foes those Eve guilds. Perhaps, it was your mention of New Jersey that stayed Johan? Maybe he has a thing against new Jersey. As a matter of interest, how are
your earlier nations doing?

You had a hard fight, as much against the land over which you fought than anything the enemy did. it was their refusal to make peace that stretched the war out.

(whilst including the ever-pleasant Eve Online guilds - Goonsquad, I believe it is?) was lacking the Horsehead Nebula, so things are definitely improving for the Timurids. Truly, as Macchiavelli observed: "It is better to be feared, than to be loved".

Goonswarm ;) I was thinking maybe TEST Alliance: Please Ignore...but the goons would be a more likely cause of troubles lol :p

Goonswarm ;) I was thinking maybe TEST Alliance: Please Ignore...but the goons would be a more likely cause of troubles lol :p

Thank you for the correction - I've only ever heard of Eve through Rock, Paper, Shotgun so I can't claim any real knowledge of it. :)

Thank you for the correction - I've only ever heard of Eve through Rock, Paper, Shotgun so I can't claim any real knowledge of it. :)

Not a problem :) I used to be addicted to that game, its like crack, even more addictive and time consuming than PI game. The mere mention of it makes me want to log back into it...so CatKnight I blame you if I relapse!!! :p