• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ejwith9953

Captain
2 Badges
Apr 27, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
The Grand Campaign for Darkest Hour 1.04

Please refer to first post by delanonne as life got real and real fast and he is now in charge of this thread unless I am informed otherwise. Thank you every one for everything and I hope to one day return but until then, good luck, good job and everyone please, enjoy the mod, she is a beautiful thing

Last edited:
Reactions:
USE THIS ONE Not the one in the first post!

NEW Interim Version of the MOD!

Latest Verson! Hey all here it is. This has all of the fixes that we put in to make WW1 work better like US in war and mobilizing. Romania should now annex Hungary anymore. The Greek-Ottoman War should work ok too. There is one small problem with Austria having negative daily manpower growth but, who plays Austria after WW1? K can fix it when he gets back from his vacation. Everyone please give us feedback so we can get this thing polished up a bit more. As K said we are hoping to have the E3 map version of WW1 beta in a month or so. OK the usual instructions. Unzip this version which is called TGC New 09-02-16 into your DH mods folder. The checksum is now LPEG which is two better than JPEG, yuck yuck. Enjoy.
delanonne

https://mega.nz/#!0IFygbjZ!AwQok27ZhomTG469O_b0u53XhWGFuFVXNaPVW1CcRaE

Well I was gonna put the MF link here but, they are making me update Adobe Flash before I can copy the link. Thanks Opera and Adobe.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wgofwx80rkawhf1/TGC_New_09-02-16.rar

Last edited:
Reactions:
I suggest it only because I got 3 errors when I used just 1.03, 1 error when I did the step from 1.01>1.02>1.03. Yes I did mean 10/27/2013, good catch on that one lol been a long day. I plan to release a beta tomorrow afternoon with my fixes so keep checking in!!!

I suggest it only because I got 3 errors when I used just 1.03, 1 error when I did the step from 1.01>1.02>1.03. Yes I did mean 10/27/2013, good catch on that one lol been a long day. I plan to release a beta tomorrow afternoon with my fixes so keep checking in!!!

Hey ej thanks for the quick reply. I got an official DH team member reply on the tech support forum saying only the latest is needed. Since I already have the right checksum I will try it that way unless I have problems. I look forward to your update. Thanks again,
delanonne:happy:

BETA 1 OF MY RE-BALANCE RELEASED!!!
Change log:

added Hindenburg and Ebert deaths to death file
reworked the Russian dissent gained by conquering key territory in ww1
removed units from ww1 Russia to make them somewhat weaker
add Ebert death tag to force fire 1925 elections for Hitlers rise to power

this is beta 1 let me know what needs to be fixed. some non aar files fixed to help aar

Hey ej thanks for the update. I think I can just run the installer again and it should update the grand campaign. I worry though about the CWTT being messed up so I suspect you need to put that in again after you update the base mod. I will let you know if I have any problems. Last night I ran two handsoff games to see how WW1 turns out. That is what I usually do and then pick a country to run right after the Germans surrender. Oman is a good country to use since you get to see the allies units and OOBs. My first game was really bad. The UK did not join the war and the Ottomans also did not. The US either. I let it run until 1919 and nobody gave up. So I gave it up as a bad game and restarted. This time it went pretty normal except the Russians never gave up. I even manually fired the event to send Lenin back. That usually triggers the fall of the Russians. It worked partially since the Tsar quit and Kerensky is the head of gov. I have seen all of these things happen in the past. I am well into 1920 and all of the demob events seem to be working OK. The Roumanians annexed the commie Hungarians though. I hope this helps and I will have more tonight after work.

Nope I get an error about an eu file 1900 being missing so I tried to delete the whole thing and start all over from scratch and still got the same thing. Any ideas why your update seems to have broken it? OK the darn thing wont let me copy the error but it says something about the grand campaign setup is missing the 1900.eug file. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
OK I have more feedback. The missing 1900.eug file is there but it says it is not. So I tried to merge the two versions. That seems to have worked but I need to check and see if I got the fixes. So could you tell me where the fixes are and I can check to see if the merge worked or not. If it worked then it is a kind of a kluge but better than nothing. I have played this things multiple dozens of times so I have a pretty good feel for what usually happens and what does not. For example on rare occasions Germany beats France and the mod is not really ready for alt history yet. The problem with Russia not giving up on time is fairly common too. Burning used to include a save with the download for 1919 or so where the war ended historically. You might want to think about that.

So the folders where the fixes are and I will let you know if my kluge worked.
delanonne :unsure:

1900.eug Is included with the zip file, it is an aar file for 1.03. If you unzip and go to scenarios you will find it, just copy and paste to you TGC/scenarios folder and should fix. I will try to recreate and see what happened but I just double checked the zip and it is included.

On a different point I believe the Russian civil war may need some work, Ran 3 games hands off and in all 3 soviet republics were annexed lol but the good news is on all 3 games the soviet script fired flawlessly and no more russian empire over running germany in 2 years. YAY!! also noticed that the trigger for the German 1924 elections is still broke it seems as it only fires 2 out of 3 games but Hitler still came to power and followed the rest of the elections paths. will work on this tonight and update ASAP

edit: just did fresh install from file by downloading it and going from there, no 1900.eug missing error. Also just added the hotfix for the ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 7 / id 3049001 ) already used! error I forgot to include. Working on beta 2 now hope to fix the Russian civil war and the German 1925 elections with it.

Last edited:
1900.eug Is included with the zip file, it is an aar file for 1.03. If you unzip and go to scenarios you will find it, just copy and paste to you TGC/scenarios folder and should fix. I will try to recreate and see what happened but I just double checked the zip and it is included.

On a different point I believe the Russian civil war may need some work, Ran 3 games hands off and in all 3 soviet republics were annexed lol but the good news is on all 3 games the soviet script fired flawlessly and no more russian empire over running germany in 2 years. YAY!! also noticed that the trigger for the German 1924 elections is still broke it seems as it only fires 2 out of 3 games but Hitler still came to power and followed the rest of the elections paths. will work on this tonight and update ASAP

edit: just did fresh install from file by downloading it and going from there, no 1900.eug missing error. Also just added the hotfix for the ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 7 / id 3049001 ) already used! error I forgot to include. Working on beta 2 now hope to fix the Russian civil war and the German 1925 elections with it.

Hey ej I have more feedback. Yes the file is there but I still get the error saying it is not. The old version works OK mostly. I still seem to need to fire the event to send Lenin back to Russia manually. If I dont the chain for Sov takeover does not work. I tried to merge the old ver with your new one but I suspect that they did not merge. I am getting an error in savedebug about Stalin should be HOS instead of HOG or vice versa for Paranoid Maniac trait. This game went all the way to 1919 and no commies but Ger did surrender. So I went back to Jan 1916 and fired the Lenin event. After that everything went fine. The Rus Civ war is a bit different this time with Ukraine rising up and doing a good job up to Jan 23 the current save. I am just real happy to have mod that is working pretty well. I will keep plugging away at this until you have a new update. Thanks again.
delanonne:)

PS I fixed the problems by unzipping the AAR files first. Using the zipped version caused the errors.

Last edited:
Hey ej I have more feedback. Yes the file is there but I still get the error saying it is not. The old version works OK mostly. I still seem to need to fire the event to send Lenin back to Russia manually. If I dont the chain for Sov takeover does not work. I tried to merge the old ver with your new one but I suspect that they did not merge. I am getting an error in savedebug about Stalin should be HOS instead of HOG or vice versa for Paranoid Maniac trait. This game went all the way to 1919 and no commies but Ger did surrender. So I went back to Jan 1916 and fired the Lenin event. After that everything went fine. The Rus Civ war is a bit different this time with Ukraine rising up and doing a good job up to Jan 23 the current save. I am just real happy to have mod that is working pretty well. I will keep plugging away at this until you have a new update. Thanks again.
delanonne:)

PS I fixed the problems by unzipping the AAR files first. Using the zipped version caused the errors.

Ya, for some reason this is NOT save game compatible. I don't have a clue why though since the whole Stalin issues has nothing to do with anything I did. Never seen the Lenin option not fire, it fired in all mine. I think for the next version I am going a different route since I believe not all the fixes I made are making it through normal install since some of the files are DH Full files, not AAR files. I am still working on the civil war and may release an update soon. I am also reworking a few other files as well and may have to upload to another source other than the AAR home. Keep me posted and I will also make a list of files changed soon. BTW made a shout out to ya my friend, you are a life saver!!!

Just fixed the civil war problem by changing the creation of the red army, allowing the soviets to produce units sooner. will add this soon!!!

Last edited:
Hey ej I just installed the new update and I get an error about an unknown trigger in line 46 of the Ebert dies event. I have not gotten that far in the game yet. Let me know if you come up with a fix. I am gonna just hit ignore and see if that works.
delanonne:confused:

Hey ej I just installed the new update and I get an error about an unknown trigger in line 46 of the Ebert dies event. I have not gotten that far in the game yet. Let me know if you come up with a fix. I am gonna just hit ignore and see if that works.
delanonne:confused:

open db/events/aarevents/elections and open the germany file, on the trigger for the 1925 elections change the ebert dies of septic shock from id = 2191900 to event = 2191900

Hey LOVE This idea and AAR is all I basically want to play! I just need some more detailed instructions as I am installing right now.. I presume I install combination of AAR and NWO over a fresh copy of DH Full? I also am not going to update step-by-step and trying directly from 1.03, so if I can get the installation to work properly, I will give you updates on campaign games I plan to play with Greece and Portugal!

Sorry what I am trying to ask is do I:

-Download your AAR and copy & paste it into a fresh copy of DH Full, then do the same for NWO, before using the Grand Campaign link to install both copies of DH into a new one?

Or

- Do I merely leave the downloads of AAR and NWO and THEN use these two unzipped files that aren't complete versions of the game, and install them INTO a fresh copy of DH Full?

open db/events/aarevents/elections and open the germany file, on the trigger for the 1925 elections change the ebert dies of septic shock from id = 2191900 to event = 2191900

Hey ej that did the trick but I have gotten some strange results. The first game Germany would not give the Sovs a peace and instead annexed them. Never seen that one. So Germany surrenders and still owns all of Russia. So restart. The next game the Sovs were OK but Germany would not surrender. All of the events about the new gov fired but they would not sign a peace. I gave up after waiting one year so restart. Actually just go back to early 1918. So now I have a good end of war. I think you nerfed the Russians a bit too much. They really should not give up in 1915. OK that is it for now. I will let you know when I have something new.

-Download your AAR and copy & paste it into a fresh copy of DH Full, then do the same for NWO, before using the Grand Campaign link to install both copies of DH into a new one?

Or

- Do I merely leave the downloads of AAR and NWO and THEN use these two unzipped files that aren't complete versions of the game, and install them INTO a fresh copy of DH Full?

Use the installer to properly mix the mods made by Bizon found here. Point it to the extracted files and then allow it to make a copy of the dh full folder, do not install over the dh full folder. Updated my install instructions to account for this, should have been in there. http://codeofwar.tk/index.php/component/content/article/8-mods/3-the-grand-campaign-aar-nwo

Hey ej that did the trick but I have gotten some strange results. The first game Germany would not give the Sovs a peace and instead annexed them. Never seen that one. So Germany surrenders and still owns all of Russia. So restart. The next game the Sovs were OK but Germany would not surrender. All of the events about the new gov fired but they would not sign a peace. I gave up after waiting one year so restart. Actually just go back to early 1918. So now I have a good end of war. I think you nerfed the Russians a bit too much. They really should not give up in 1915. OK that is it for now. I will let you know when I have something new.

Will work on that, its a real balancing act with those pesky Russians lol not sure why Germany won't surrender, I may add a new type of war weriness event if the war goes on too long and force a peace deal, as long as Germany don't own certain territory

Or

use the grand campaign installer found here made by bizon. http://codeofwar.tk/index.php/component/content/article/8-mods/3-the-grand-campaign-aar-nwo let it make a copy of the dh full folder it self, do not install over your dh full folder

hello .. great effort there ... one question please ... do we need a fresh copy of DH or DH FULL which is in the mods folder ... my game is already patched to 1.3 directly is that gonna be a problem ?

hello .. great effort there ... one question please ... do we need a fresh copy of DH or DH FULL which is in the mods folder ... my game is already patched to 1.3 directly is that gonna be a problem ?

should not be a problem, you do have to have an unmodified DH full folder otherwise you will get unexpected problems. already at 1.03 should be green across the board with that.