• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why are you interested in a Hungarian AAR? I'm going to visit BeNeLux after I got my hands free again, now that makes you happier, doesn't it? :p

That would make me happy and why I am interested in a Hungarian AAR? ..... erhm..... just being polite :p. But to be more serious, basically I like almost every non-major AAR. It usually makes you seeking the limits of such a small power, even if you join a faction. I am interested to see how players, you included ;), can cope with certain difficulties. Obviously for me it is also from a learning perspective interesting.

subscribed.

Thanks.

Actually, I was half-way in writing the update on Sunday, but then something interrupted me (and judging from the save date - 6.10. 23:08 I guess it was school). The very same thing stalls me now, since I got some math homework and presentation about Canada to do...

So the update might come out this weekend, but don't count on it too much :)

Thanks.

Actually, I was half-way in writing the update on Sunday, but then something interrupted me (and judging from the save date - 6.10. 23:08 I guess it was school). The very same thing stalls me now, since I got some math homework and presentation about Canada to do...

So the update might come out this weekend, but don't count on it too much :)

Don't you just hate it when school does not take your game-time into account? I have a manager that clearly does not understand what it is like to be gamer, otherwise he would have given me some time off to play and write ;) :p

Sounds like an upcoming Canada-AAR ?? ^^

Not such a bad idea, it'll go next to the Belgelands round II and Swiss Empire :p

Don't you just hate it when school does not take your game-time into account? I have a manager that clearly does not understand what it is like to be gamer, otherwise he would have given me some time off to play and write ;) :p

Thanks to the presentation (Canada during the WWII obviously!), I got to read about the Dieppe Raid failure. I can honestly say that thanks to my activity here (commenting and AARing) and playing games in English (e.g. I played WoT in English), it's no surprise that my English speaking and reading capabilities had improved gradually. So the presentation took me about an hour of clear work time (with 3/4 of it reading the article on Wiki), though it got delayed to about two hours due to my atribute of taking breaks a lot (made a few ME3 Gold runs during it). I really love that I can put together sentences right on the spot, using my own words and if I got stuck, hell, I'm too lazy to have notes on paper anyway. Unlike my Spanish, where I can barely find the words to match, let alone put sentences together...

See? To write this, I just needed to find the "attribute" word (can't believe I couldn't remember it). Way cool I'd say :)

Subscribed!

Glad to hear that.

The bad news is, this weekend was damn too short even though I had nothing to do as always. Whatever, you just need to hope :D

Subbed
:) third AAR this month.

Nice.

It's also very nice to see almost a page of your comments before the AAR really started. It's just me waiting for the mood, when I'll burst out three chapters per day :)

Ikar, you are a genious, without a single update your AAR has more comments than many other :D

Ikar, you are a genious, without a single update your AAR has more comments than many other :D

I hate to say that, but an update should be up in 10-15 minutes :p

Chapter I: Building Up the Kingdom Part One

Kingdoms tend to drift to Axis, so why not speed up this progress a little bit more?

oav.gif

And now some Hungarian technology report!

Infantry tab looks pretty nice, with Hungarian army lacking only AT guns of any kind so far. This needs to be rectified, since all of our potential enemies (democracies!) have some kind of tanks, especially Czechoslovakia.

fzb.gif

But we have a tank program of our own also! Most likely we won’t be able to build heavier tanks, but it’s better to have Straussler V-3s than nothing.

rgw.gif

Industry is on par with all the regional powers in Europe; basically lagging behind a few years in almost every technology.

i2qm.gif

Military doctrines are again quite average, but I couldn’t wish for anything better.

05bs.gif

And a few hours into the game, I’m able to enact better laws!

ewl.gif

After I get my OOB reorganized (no pain, most of the divisions were INF/INF/ART), I start producing these units which are missing to the build or upgrading the current ones.

euc.gif

Later on, 14 horse-towed support brigades enter the production as well. I’ll be going for 3xINF/2xSUP (H) and ARM/2xMOT/2xSUP (T) divisions.

8nf.gif

Hungarian neutrality drops like a brick even without raising threat, so I’m soon able to mobilize for war.

vnp.gif

A great tragedy hits Hungary on 6th October. Gyula Gömbös passed away and Kálmán Darányi replaces him right away (actually, more than a month passed between these events).

ilnn.gif

pyy.gif

These are three infantry and one armored divisions in production.

nk.gif

Yeah, we all know that Romanians are bad. Those greedy rascals inhabited the borders almost solely by their population, but forgot that Hungary once extended as far as Brasov and many Hungarians are still living there!

u35.gif

On 12th February 1937, Hungary signs the Anti-Comintern pact.

axf8.gif

And the very same day, war economy is put into effect. After all, the war is the only tool that can redeem the injustice of Trianon treaty.

se6.gif

That’s it for this one; I hope the next chapter won’t take 14 days to complete as this one did. Don’t put too much hope into seeing another chapter today, it’s getting late here! :eek:

Last edited:
I was starting to seriously doubt if this update is ever going to appear at all... :p Nice job with the law enactment message windows - different sizes, and yet you managed to fit them together perfectly. :laugh:

I was starting to seriously doubt if this update is ever going to appear at all... :p

Never stop hoping! :p

Nice job with the law enactment message windows - different sizes, and yet you managed to fit them together perfectly. :laugh:

It's a bit of a chemistry, but hey; I could've done even better! :eek:

Nice, it finally starts! I was afraid this day might never come :D

I don't think that is possible, but he can do quite well helping Adolf. Nice update.