• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our only hope is that Herr Tanzhang's article in AARlander will bring in more conservatives to vote for our cause. It would be oh so sweet irony.

Our only hope is that Herr Tanzhang's article in AARlander will bring in more conservatives to vote for our cause. It would be oh so sweet irony.

Or it brings lotta liberal voters and buries the right more than what it is XD

Or it brings lotta liberal voters and buries the right more than what it is XD
Honestly, I'm pretty sure if the liberals won historically, more people would vote conservative. People tend to show more want for alternative history than political standpoints in these forums. After all, that is what happens on a regular basis here.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure if the liberals won historically, more people would vote conservative. People tend to show more want for alternative history than political standpoints in these forums. After all, that is what happens on a regular basis here.

Actually that isn't always the case, especially in some past IAARs that I've been in. For fun I voted conservative/moderate and watched as we slowly were beaten out over time, different IAAR of course but as me and others have learned in IAARs (check FoE and EoE to know what I mean) nothing is guaranteed :laugh:

And that is that, the polls on our first election have closed. Final results to follow presently.

Total Votes: 30

DFP: 19
KP: 11

Seats:

DFP: 150
KP: 86

With an impressive start in terms of turnout at 30 votes (perhaps helped by the long voting period) the DFP claim a stunning victory with a strong 32 seat majority in the Landtag. The conclusion update for the election should be up in a little while as well.

The Election of 1861

The election of 1861 was dominated by the emergence of the liberal DFP as Germany’s first modern political party – organisationally far more advanced than its predecessors on the left and present opponents on the right. With the ascension of the politically moderate Wilhelm just weeks before the election of the Landtag hopes of a liberal led government were high.

The final results revealed a stunning victory for the Progress Party. The liberals had not just won a majority but claimed a shade under 2/3s of the vote and of the Landtag. For the Conservatives it was a total disaster, hardly a united bunch at the best of times their humiliation at the hands of the liberals sent the right into a period of deep introspection.

With the Landtag now totally under their control the DFP felt they were in a strong position to demand that the King appoint a liberal led government. Things would not be quite so simple for the DFP. Constitutionally the King was under no obligation to accept the supremacy of the Landtag, indeed there still existed a Conservative dominated upper house – the Herrenhaus (Prussian House of Lords) to contend with, not to mention the distrust of the King and his circle towards radicalism of any sort.

The negotiations of the DFP founder and leader Max von Forchenbeck with the King and elements of the right must be seen as the greatest political triumph of liberalism in Germany since 1848. In exchange for tempering his party’s reform programme – effectively abandoning the call for constitutional monarchy – von Forchenbeck secured a liberal led administration. His DFP was to enter into coalition with centrist conservatives – but the liberals were to hold the balance of power and von Forchenbeck was to be appointed Minister-President. With Prussia becoming an unlikely beacon of liberalism in the reactionary world of post-’48 German politics, hopes amongst the Germans of unification began to grow once more. The von Forchenbeck government was about to enter a deeply hostile world, but with the boundless enthusiasm of liberal idealism behind it.

OK, played through until when we will have our next election. Going to be some exciting times for Prussia :D.

Then we can accuse Herr Tanzhang of rigging the election :D

Funny you should mention that actually. I have a vague recollection of another interactive AAR which was started shortly after LTRCT: Tommy posted a link to it in his AAR and encouraged his readers to vote (though he did not explicitly say for which party.) As I recall it, the Communists went from having only a handful of votes to winning the election!

OK, played through until when we will have our next election. Going to be some exciting times for Prussia :D.
That was fast :)

Funny you should mention that actually. I have a vague recollection of another interactive AAR which was started shortly after LTRCT: Tommy posted a link to it in his AAR and encouraged his readers to vote (though he did not explicitly say for which party.) As I recall it, the Communists went from having only a handful of votes to winning the election!
haha that must have been a surprise for the other parties

Haha, yeah I remembered that. IIRC people got really pissed after my Commies won the election and the AAR shut down after only a short time :p.

Haha, yeah I remembered that. IIRC people got really pissed after my Commies won the election and the AAR shut down after only a short time :p.

I remember that, sadly. Though I was on the conservative side it sucked that it shut down.

Great for the DFP! Show them conservatives where it at! Interesting to see where prussia goes...

Wait for me before you start the next Bürgerkrieg! :cool:

I see the head of the anarcho-cannibalists have arrived... let the games begin. :)

Hamburger war? Oh my.