• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Patchnotes 1.2.2
------------------
- Fixed several different OOS related to hotjoin.
- Fixed crash when inviting steam friend while friend in game browser
- Fixed crash when player is annexed
- Fixed crash when player changes tag and is in a coalition
- Fixed bug where it was possible to play as a lucky nation.
- Cheatcodes should now be cleared on resign
- Ai will no longer dismiss leaders if it only have a few, and below their free count.
- Battles are now 50% less bloody.
- AE on vassals are now 10% instead of 50%.
- AE on allied nations is now reduced by 75% if in a war together, or 66% if not.
- Very large armies should no longer make the mil power calculation go negative.

Patchnotes 1.2.1
------------------
- Can no longer see destination of others shattered retreat using the low morale icon
- Fixed issue with changing side in the war when making someone your vassal
- Fixed chat where player would not show up i chat
- Warexhaustion now gives revoltrisk again
- Border friction is now entierly dependant on how much basetax you border them with
- Unions now end when the subjects dislikes the overlord, as the tooltip says
- Defender of tha faith now gives normal deus vult cb as well
- Fixed some hotjoin OOSes (Y_67 and others)
- Fixed bugs with unsynched pause during hotjoin

Ouch, that change is going to be really awful post 1600. Get ready for eternal ping pong battles as noone's manpower ever drops. I was hoping something would be done to restore cores to the game, I'm playing a game in the 1650s, and there are so few cores left in the game.

Ouch, that change is going to be really awful post 1600. Get ready for eternal ping pong battles as noone's manpower ever drops. I was hoping something would be done to restore cores to the game, I'm playing a game in the 1650s, and there are so few cores left in the game.

Let's just see how it will actually play out first.

The AE changes are a pleasant surprise! With the alliances being less volatile, the diplomatic game experience should improve. Need to play for a bit to confirm this though.

Can you explain that to me? I thought AE was aggressive expansion and counted towards your neighbours. Does the changes mean that from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 the IMPACT of acquiring provinces in a peace settlement now is 10% on vassals (down from 50% of the "normal" AE impact of a non-allied neighbour?

I for one thought it was ok and yes battles will be even LESS decisive.

Battles were too decisive. Armies shouldn't randomly vanish upon one lost battle. This change might be overcorrecting things, but saying "even less" incorrectly implies it was not overlydecisive when it was.

Good, good. But can someone explain me new AE?
Can you explain that to me? I thought AE was aggressive expansion and counted towards your neighbours. Does the changes mean that from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 the IMPACT of acquiring provinces in a peace settlement now is 10% on vassals (down from 50% of the "normal" AE impact of a non-allied neighbour?
Aggressive Expansion is an opinion modifier that you get on all nations separately. As you probably noticed, further away nations/different religions etc get less than the base amount shown in the peace screen. This change means that vassals/allies now get a much smaller amount of AE.

So if you annexed a province, and your ally would normally get -15 relations due to AE, now it's reduced to -4 or -5 depending on whether you were fighting the war together. It seems clear that it's what the patch notes are saying, anyway.

Battles were too decisive. Armies shouldn't randomly vanish upon one lost battle. This change might be overcorrecting things, but saying "even less" incorrectly implies it was not overlydecisive when it was.

Battles were too decisive pre-1500, but almost pointless after some point (depending on game, between 1600-1700). So it might help pre-1500, but late game...ugh. My advice? Don't get involved in a land war in asia...it'll never end now.

That´s your opinion. I play the game since 1.0 so I don´t need your patronizing, thank you.

Since shattered armies are MUCH less eliminated in 1.2 the battles WILL Be less decisive. Had my share of battles to know that.

- Battles are now 50% less bloody.
... Well, that's a rather vague statement. How do you define "50% less bloody"? Absolute number of casualties, for example? Or is just a metaphor? And there's the issue of how the balance is reversed, where it should be that later-game battles are bloodier than early-game ones.

- AE on vassals are now 10% instead of 50%.
Sweet! Eases up the burden on an expansionist's diplomacy.

- AE on allied nations is now reduced by 75% if in a war together, or 66% if not.
... So that means they get only 25% of the AE if in a war together, or 33% if not? That's very nice.

- Very large armies should no longer make the mil power calculation go negative.
Wait, what? I never heard of this bug before. Or is it not that frequently occurring?

Aggressive Expansion is an opinion modifier that you get on all nations separately. As you probably noticed, further away nations/different religions etc get less than the base amount shown in the peace screen. This change means that vassals/allies now get a much smaller amount of AE.

So if you annexed a province, and your ally would normally get -15 relations due to AE, now it's reduced to -4 or -5 depending on whether you were fighting the war together. It seems clear that it's what the patch notes are saying, anyway.

That's my reading as well. Your allies and vassals will get a smaller opinion penalty of you when you act aggressively.

That´s your opinion. I play the game since 1.0 so I don´t need your patronizing, thank you.
I'm not sure how expressing a different opinion somehow patronises you. I'll grant you that's an innovative way of saying "nuh uh shut up only i'm right because reason".

Battles were too decisive pre-1500, but almost pointless after some point (depending on game, between 1600-1700). So it might help pre-1500, but late game...ugh. My advice? Don't get involved in a land war in asia...it'll never end now.

I don't know, I feel like I could wipe out an army still pretty easily - just that it requires setup/followup rather than throw troops into one battle and instant win-the-war. Let's wait and see, I guess. Maybe tech modifiers needs to be upped more mid-late game.

Battles were too decisive early and then became like the usual "shattered retreat"-scenario on higher tech levels. The tweak was surely made to correct the former and we have still to see whether it noticeably affects the latter. I found that with the right army composition, army tradition, leaders and ideas I could have pretty decisive battles even late in the game.