• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for your excellent AAR (and tutorial).

I have been struggling with EU4, abandoning games early on, and would have never thought to try an Asian country as I would have expected even greater difficulty. Following in your footsteps, I am having my first enjoyable game experience. For some reason Ming seems to get many more positive events than any of the European nations that I have attempted. Whether it is simply that I have been having bad luck with my prior games or have chosen a strategy that leads to more negative events rather than positive, I cannot say, but I have had more positive events in my first 75 years with Ming than in any other nation that I have tried. This creates, from my perspective, the necessary balance of positive and negative events so as to not get discouraged with an unrelenting barrage of choices with no good solution piled on top of numerous stability hits.

Also, the structure and tone of your writing is very enjoyable. I, and my friends at Einbinder Flypaper - the brand you've gradually grown to trust over three generations, compliment your great style and presentation.

Thanks again!

Update please! This is really awesome! If you do another AAR could you do the USA with the American Dream DLC?

Can't believe I've missed this. I loved double domination and its great to see Jim and Bob back. Keep it up.

Thanks, Dauth, good yo have you back!

As always entertaining...
Good exposure to the dynamics of Extra dimensional Universe 4 for those of us still stuck in EU 3

Thanks blsteen.

Thank you for your excellent AAR (and tutorial).

I have been struggling with EU4, abandoning games early on, and would have never thought to try an Asian country as I would have expected even greater difficulty. Following in your footsteps, I am having my first enjoyable game experience. For some reason Ming seems to get many more positive events than any of the European nations that I have attempted. Whether it is simply that I have been having bad luck with my prior games or have chosen a strategy that leads to more negative events rather than positive, I cannot say, but I have had more positive events in my first 75 years with Ming than in any other nation that I have tried. This creates, from my perspective, the necessary balance of positive and negative events so as to not get discouraged with an unrelenting barrage of choices with no good solution piled on top of numerous stability hits.

Also, the structure and tone of your writing is very enjoyable. I, and my friends at Einbinder Flypaper - the brand you've gradually grown to trust over three generations, compliment your great style and presentation.

Thanks again!

Ming has some nice Faction events, so indeed that might balance things out. Thanks for your kind words, Tuor.

No updates for a while - please, keep it up! This AAR is great fun!

I agree with Draik this AAR is great and if you can find the time I hope you could continue!

Update please! This is really awesome! If you do another AAR could you do the USA with the American Dream DLC?

I've been extremely busy the last months as I have started my own company. I hope to spend some time on the AAR soon, but I can't promise that. Anyway, thanks for all your support, it is really nice to hear that people enjoy my ramblings!

Ah, RL. The scourge of AARLand! Well, don't worry - the subscribe button exists for a reason, and I'll be waiting with bated breath for your next update, whenever it may come.

Also, best of luck with your new venture!