• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hush now, no words. Only rage.

dq37DVQh.jpg

Io130jj.jpg

lUoEAUg.jpg

I restarted game untill I got lvl 3 adm advisor, I spammed cash with method described, I had super luck: my king died so I instantly got new one and adult with 5 points in adm.
When that happened I decided to not core anything and saved every adm point for lvl 4 tech(I vasallized china ofc), then my army rushed for europe, cored, began westernizing, my leader died again and I got 3 "defeat rebels".
Anyway I am thinking to wait with this game untill they fix this "Western trade".

If I knew you were a comin' I'da a built a fort... Oh wait, I did, and everything else possible to delay the inevitable extinction of anything non-Ryukyuan.

But damn... 75 days per siege tick. The average siege would take, what, 5 years? And all that attrition generating war exhaustion... What is their average fort level?

But damn... 75 days per siege tick. The average siege would take, what, 5 years? And all that attrition generating war exhaustion... What is their average fort level?

Almost every province is a level 5 or level 7 fort. It's a real tough nut to crack!

Been following this since before the restart, better post in before it ends :)
You've worked really hard for this, best luck for the final sprint!

Thanks. We're approaching the end and nobody is happier about that than me.

I'm starting to suspect that many a mercenary will be flung against the walls of those forts in the near future.

Heh, I'm actually using exclusively soldiers. There just aren't enough mercs in the world to take on the Holy Roman Fortress.

---

And so it begins, the final push for world conquest. my strategy here to avoid coalitions, reduce Overextension and generally not fall apart is to start as many wars as possible. I will occupy most of the land in the world but not annex until I can do so with most nations tied up in war with me. This way I won't have to face OE until the very end. The Revolutionary CB is -so- powerful that most nations I use it on can be annexed in one go. Having all these wars will desync coaltions so much that I can ignore them: almost every nation will have a different truce timer with me so I won't even have to break truces. Assuming all my planning here works out, the only barrier is fighting the actual war for the world. Tech advantage means all non-europeans are a cake walk. numerical advantage means that all Europeans are also not a problem, so let's focus on the one that actually is.

The Holy Roman Empire boasts a standing army of 200,000 men. This is a 3-front war, with borders in Polish lands, Hungarian lands and the entire Western Theatre. I have roughly 200,000 men dedicated to sieging, broken up into stacks of 5/0/1. My main fighting units are 20/2/1, combined and divided as needed to protect the sieging forces. My expensive but uniquely powerful tank is a single stack of 34/6/40. This single division is arguably the most powerful available. The maximum battle width currently is 40, so I will have a full line at the front, all guarded by cannons on the rear. The front shall fight normally, with the cavalry able to flank by up to 4 units' width. The cannons on the rear are able to do massive fire damage and provide 50% of their defensive strength to the front row. The results are devastating.

CaWd8Jwh.jpg

5nFrN8bh.jpg

The fog of war makes me hesitant about a full scale assault, so I keep my men to the northwest until the Black Curtain of exiled troops are brought in to be my eyes. Information is power.

ALbLIfKh.jpg

The cannon division clears a path for the siege troops.

RrakMP5h.jpg

Reinforcements are fed in from Hungary to slow down the Roman advance. My siege troops all find their place in the north and begin their long task. Each unit of mine within HRE lands take 2% attrition, with an added 2% loss every time they travel from one province to another. I need to be mobile, but I also need to be sparing with my manpower. I make the best with what I've got.

glrzp5K.jpg

The regular fighting armies group together to remove an unsuspecting threat to the siege progress.

PEmgRW7h.jpg

Once in position, the rest of Northern Germany is placed under siege.

cF2Vabr.jpg

heWYX3f.jpg

This is hell on the manpower, but I know deep down every man woman and child of Ryukyu would gladly lay down their lives, not for gold, not for glory, not even for God but for PINK! Wait, wrong AAR....

sziGghIh.jpg

It's moments like this where I wish you could hide the interface. This above, to me is a beautiful shot, the moment where the very last of the Empire's troops make their standoff on the Swiss mountains, the peaks from which they can see their entire beloved country being razed by warriors of the far east. There are worse ways to die. Probably.

kIq8krI.jpg

uk42JzY.jpg

Even though not all sieges are progressing, it was important to prevent the recruitment of more troops by the HRE. As sieges round off, troops are re-arranged to bring the wounded back to France while the Siege units do their work. The cannon stack is kept on the sidelines to pick off any revolts from occupied lands.

This war was very enjoyable. While The Seven Years War is a good exercise in Quantity v Quality, this was a great test of logistics, planning and warfare on a grand scale between two technologically equal forces.

While Rome bubbled away, I was commanding troops across the world, but there's not much of excitement to report.

JTHHCyc.jpg

7LwlJ2p.jpg

YdLXDPd.jpg

Pbs23QE.jpg

Countries are being occupied in preparation for the big annexation. After all, Aggressive Expansion doesn't mean much from one continent to another, and a country cannot join a coalition if it doesn't exist.

This has been my favourite chapter in Ryukyu's history. I love Europa's warfare and feel that it's overlooked and just played down as being luck+throwing men around. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I did making it. If all goes to plan, the credits will be rolling soon and nobody is happier about that than me.

They year is 1750
Not very long remains.

Last edited:
Time for maximum war exhaustion again. That plus the overextension is going to be an awful lot of revolts.
Don't get caught out by the automatic white peace (5 years with no battles/seiges/blockades I think?).

Time for maximum war exhaustion again. That plus the overextension is going to be an awful lot of revolts.
Don't get caught out by the automatic white peace (5 years with no battles/seiges/blockades I think?).

War exhaustion is almost non-existent. It scales with force limit so attrition is giving me +0.05/month tops, and the battle losses are very small too. Not to mention I have a massive surplus of DIP, and that is compounded by annexation only costing the same price as 1 province in a peace deal.

OE will be massive, but not until the very end. White Peace is avoidable by throwing a single ship at the enemy fleet from time to time.

"Call for peace" may fire from time to time, but even that will take a long time to build up any meaningful War Exhaustion when I can pay it down with DIP at a rate of -2WE every 7 months or so.

Even if despite everything, +20Revolt Risk from WE is still preferable to + 1 zillion RR from the overextension I would get from annexing everything straight away.

This chapter is truly epic... war with HRE is a fitting climax to this ambitious AAR.
Still 70 years left...do you plan to make any more vassals? I imagine Cologne is one of them but what else? Not that the issue is important, just interested in this particular detail.

That's a lot of armies besieging the HRE. :eek:

I honestly don't know how you can organize all that and not go insane. The only conclusion I can make is that you are secretly a robot from the future sent back to show everyone how Ryukyu can conquer the world. :p

Reactions: