• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hooni

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Aug 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Updated for the v2.3 patch and made balance/interaction changes...

Code:
#### VERSION 004 ####
- Only half of vassal's levy (pledge units) are provided during a defensive war
- AI vassals will never join your defensive wars unless you are actually losing the war
- AI vassals are very unlikely to join your offensive wars unless you are losing the war or the vassal is ambitious
- When the vassal joins liege's wars, the liege will only get one pop-up (the rest of the pop-up messages will be a side messagebox notification)
- AI councillors will never join liege's wars.
- Tribal Vassals have the decision to join a feudal lord's wars
- Balanced AI
#####################

Pledge Mod v4 Download Link

Introduction
I was annoyed by the fact, you cannot help your liege conquer other lands.
Also I was annoyed my minions would not help me defend.
So here it is, a mod that lets you do just that.

rGJ2eTz.jpg

T8z9JAT.jpg

Features:
  • Become part of your liege's wars if your liege is the primary attacker
  • Supply your liege with your personal levies if your liege is the primary defender
  • AI will supply troops or join your war (depending on their trait and opinion of you)

Code:
#### VERSION 004 ####
- Only half of vassal's levy (pledge units) are provided during a defensive war
- AI vassals will never join your defensive wars unless you are actually losing the war
- AI vassals are very unlikely to join your offensive wars unless you are losing the war or the vassal is ambitious
- When the vassal joins liege's wars, the liege will only get one pop-up (the rest of the pop-up messages will be a side messagebox notification)
- AI councillors will never join liege's wars.
- Tribal Vassals have the decision to join a feudal lord's wars
- Balanced AI
#####################

#### VERSION 003 ####
- Updated French Localisation (Thanks to Ivan37!)
- Pledge Defence cannot be used if your capital is under siege OR occupied
#####################

#### VERSION 002 ####
- Added French Localisation (Thanks to Ivan37!)
- Balanced Pledge contribution
#####################

#### VERSION 001 ####
- RELEASED!
#####################

Attachments

• pledgeMod003.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 449
  • pledgeModv2.zip
    8,7 KB · Views: 333
  • PledgeModV4.zip
    9,6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Huh. I had been thinking about this, how it would be better for your dukes to join and control their own levies and retinues than for you as king to do so.

Good job.

Works like a charm, but -- IMO -- the AI takes the option far too frequently. A high opinion of one's liege shouldn't always prompt a vassal's donation of their entire levy (there's already a system in place for opinion affecting the number of troops they give after all)... and, presently, that's what seems to be happening.

What are the current trait restrictions?

Works like a charm, but -- IMO -- the AI takes the option far too frequently. A high opinion of one's liege shouldn't always prompt a vassal's donation of their entire levy (there's already a system in place for opinion affecting the number of troops they give after all)... and, presently, that's what seems to be happening.

What are the current trait restrictions?
Code:
modifier = {
	factor = 1.1
	opinion = { who = liege value =  40 }
}

modifier = {
	factor = 1.1
	opinion = { who = liege value =  60 }
}

modifier = {
	factor = 1.1
	opinion = { who = liege value =  80 }
}

it's 0.03 base, however you get 1.1^3 bonus if you have high enough opinions. Which is only 30% increase.
However if you are from the same dynasty, you get 1.5x bonus (makes sense, if they are not in faction and you are attacked, they need to protect their dynasty, otherwise your dynasty loses land). My guess is most of your vassals are from your dynasty and they are not in faction.

Although, I think positive traits (charitable, kind) have high bonuses, so I might nerf that.

EDIT:
- Added French localisation (thanks Ivan37)
- Balanced pledge a bit (for now)

Last edited:
It could have the opposite effect if you turn vassal levies to zero and the dukes have to decide to join the emperor's wars by factors defined in the mod.

Probably not, most of the time though. The relationship bonus from elective succession would normally give the HRE a bit of a boost over its neighbors. Scaling down levies would probably be more historical though, especially at the TOG start. You would probably want to change things, however, to make it so that allies vassals can join because otherwise most allies would be even more useless than they are already.

I'm worried this mod will make HRE even more unstoppable :S

Excellent:rofl:

On a more serious note, I like this feature; but if I like the liege and oppose the goal of a faction I usually mobilise my character's private levies, especially when I don't have any claims I can press at that moment.