• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mithfir

Major
70 Badges
Jan 4, 2013
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Anscarid d’Ivrea, the emperor of France

stemma_zps64a01a38.jpg
Mutantur omnia nos et mutamur in illis
All things change and we change with them.

25/08/13: Merely a placeholder for the continuation of my CK2 AAR in progress. Will be a nice opportunity to test text colours. Currently in 1202, with ruler Richard III reigning. The saga of the d'Ivrea family continues! And also, shameful self-promoting my own campaign report. :ninja:

There are still a few bugs to get rid of with the converter, main one being my 1444 protagonist François III aged almost 20 years. Hopefully, Paradox will get rid of it. Sooner they do, sooner I can finally play it for my canon story! Going back to playing I mean writing!

Ah, this can be interesting.:)

Ah, this can be interesting.:)

It will be a nice challenge once I reach EU4's timeline, especially for a historical AAR. They don't seem very numerous on these forums... With the religious reforms, royal marriages, alliances, the discovery of the new world and far eastern Asia and economics, there's bound to be a few viewpoints to explore!

Historical AARs are among the best. I'm really looking forward to it.:)

I keep meaning to read your CK2 version, and seeing that you will carry it over to Eu4 makes me even more interested in reading it. So best of luck and look forward to going through and reading your AARs!

I keep meaning to read your CK2 version, and seeing that you will carry it over to Eu4 makes me even more interested in reading it. So best of luck and look forward to going through and reading your AARs!

Why thank you! Writer's honour, I'll be reading your AAR as well, so I'll slowly catch up. I'm less familiar with EU mechanics since I'm one of those CK2 newcomers, but I'll keep practicing. I'm still not sure how to fully take advantage of the trade system, the ideas, expanding properly (vassals or pure annexation?) and how to properly spend my monarch points. Stockpiling military points to get better units faster seem to be essential early on, or else I fall behind and get clobbered in battles. Oh well, I have time to get better before I reach 1444. My next chapter should be ready soon at least.

Since you are in a testing non-canon mode of the game I imainge several modders would be willing to mod files for you to help make Francia a Teir 1 nation.

Why thank you! Writer's honour, I'll be reading your AAR as well, so I'll slowly catch up. I'm less familiar with EU mechanics since I'm one of those CK2 newcomers, but I'll keep practicing. I'm still not sure how to fully take advantage of the trade system, the ideas, expanding properly (vassals or pure annexation?) and how to properly spend my monarch points. Stockpiling military points to get better units faster seem to be essential early on, or else I fall behind and get clobbered in battles. Oh well, I have time to get better before I reach 1444. My next chapter should be ready soon at least.

Yeah I really am unsure of EUIV mechanics as well as my Milan AAR is more than happy to point out at times. Trade in it baffles me and haven't yet figured that out very well. But making mistakes is half the fun in these Pdox games I think and makes for a good AAR too sometimes :) like in my CKII one where I go off on a hunt thinking everything is fine and dandy and got eaten by wolves! That was priceless.

But I finally caught up on your AAR over on the CKII side and it was great! Pretty excited to see how the empire you built translates over to EUIV, because I'm getting pretty tempted to carry my Welf epic over here if I ever finish it... lol :p

Since you are in a testing non-canon mode of the game I imainge several modders would be willing to mod files for you to help make Francia a Teir 1 nation.

What do you mean by Tier 1 nation?

Yeah I really am unsure of EUIV mechanics as well as my Milan AAR is more than happy to point out at times. Trade in it baffles me and haven't yet figured that out very well. But making mistakes is half the fun in these Pdox games I think and makes for a good AAR too sometimes :) like in my CKII one where I go off on a hunt thinking everything is fine and dandy and got eaten by wolves! That was priceless.

But I finally caught up on your AAR over on the CKII side and it was great! Pretty excited to see how the empire you built translates over to EUIV, because I'm getting pretty tempted to carry my Welf epic over here if I ever finish it... lol :p

Why thanks! It's really enthralling to keep playing a dynasty you enjoy isn't it? I get attached to these characters and their own stories. I still got a solid 230 years to write in CK2 alone and there's much to tell.

What do you mean by Tier 1 nation?

Why thanks! It's really enthralling to keep playing a dynasty you enjoy isn't it? I get attached to these characters and their own stories. I still got a solid 230 years to write in CK2 alone and there's much to tell.

When EU4 was being released, Paradox grouped the countries in Teirs to highlight the amount of attention that they would get with Dynamic Historical Events. For example England and Russia are teir 1 and they got many unique historical events.

When EU4 was being released, Paradox grouped the countries in Teirs to highlight the amount of attention that they would get with Dynamic Historical Events. For example England and Russia are teir 1 and they got many unique historical events.

Ah I see.