• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was looking at Richard III's family in the dynasty tree and it seems he has a Polish son. Is Prince Zygmunt's culture Polish? If so it make for an interesting turn of events in Franica.

I'm eagerly awaiting Chapter 33, it will be interesting to see how Richard III rises to the challenge.

Next chapter might take a while with EU4 coming out on Tuesday... and also maximizing time for my Rosetta Stone sessions.

Thus passes Richard II, an ordinary man driven to extraordinary heights. I enjoyed this line from the previous post: “One less wild horse in the herd”. Obviously culling the herd is a necessary Kingly pastime. Denmark and the HRE are real beasts. They could prove formidable, eh?

One of my future chapters will be named "the Great Purge" (I already hinted at it earlier)... And what would be a strategy game without worthy opponents?

I was looking at Richard III's family in the dynasty tree and it seems he has a Polish son. Is Prince Zygmunt's culture Polish? If so it make for an interesting turn of events in Franica.

Good eye! He is indeed Polish...

I should go back to my screenshots pile and prepare the next chapter before I spill too many beans.

With him being Polish your French vassals might not be too happy...

With him being Polish your French vassals might not be too happy...

They're never happy anyway!

Interlude

I might as well take the occasion to give a small update regarding the CK2-EU4 converter. It's working well, except that they aged my last protagonist 20-25 years. Naturally, he died within the same year and I started playing as my eldest daughter who didn't age with the converter. Strangely enough, they didn't transfer her existing sons or her sisters and she gave birth to another one I could name. I had three choices: Alexander, Caesar and another I forgot. I chose Caesar. It won't be canon as I'm merely doing a quick playthrough to get used to EU4. All in due time... Also, the empire changed to a kingdom. I suppose it's not a huge thing either.

Still playing my Alfred of Wessex game, albeit slowly. I'm almost at 900! I'm... not sure where to go next. My situation is precarious. I'm leaning towards expanding in Ireland (I married the Countess of Ormond and we got 2 daughters so far) to secure a steadier foothold. I have Somerset, Dorset and Wessex under my direct control.

Regular 1444 vs Converted 1444

Another fun thing is about North America. This campaign has the Sunset Invasion enabled (don't throw rocks at me!) and the changes are... interesting, as you can see above. The Aztecs and the Incas both have the "High American" technology trait, which looks like the same as the Western one (100% cost). Eastern Asia didn't change, aside from the Timurids of course. What I wonder is how I'll write a part 2 of this campaign. I'm not sure a historical narration will suffice to make the story interesting in EU4, since the gameplay mechanics are different than CK2. It focuses a lot more on the grand scheme of things instead of focusing on dynasties and individuals. I still got time to think about it before I reach 1444 anyway. Got a good 240 years in part 1 to write, which should take me a couple months. Well, I started the next chapter and should get back to it. Rather, I think I'll play some more first...

Sounds like there are problems with the converter. Sunset Invasion is the one DLC I never bothered buying for CK2. The idea just didn't grab me. However, that's an interesting map of NA. Aztec vs. Inca. Hmmm...

Yeah, the High American tech tree is the same as western I have read. If only there was a way to start EU4 with the EU4 map but Super North America I would be all over it...

Sounds like there are problems with the converter. Sunset Invasion is the one DLC I never bothered buying for CK2. The idea just didn't grab me. However, that's an interesting map of NA. Aztec vs. Inca. Hmmm...

Still a few bolts to tighten. I might as well wait a bit before I do an Ironman of my convert while taking screenshots. I understand that Sunset Invasion is not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. It adds a little flavour, even if it's highly fantasist. They might make worthy adversaries come EU4 as well...

Yeah, the High American tech tree is the same as western I have read. If only there was a way to start EU4 with the EU4 map but Super North America I would be all over it...

It's linked with the Sunset Invasion DLC, so depending on whether you want them buffed or not when you export is up to it.

Chapter 33​

The War for Poland part 3 (1202-1203)​

Finally, got to write a decent chapter with all that's going on. In this update, you will see the full strength of the Frankish heavy cavalry in action.

Huh, I got a bastard son... Oops!

When news of the emperor’s death reached Poland, Richard III quickly returned to Paris to confirm his father’s death. Soon after Richard II’s funeral, his successor was crowned in Reims, as tradition demanded regarding all the rulers of France and later Francia. Orson de Qula, the legendary last living of the Five Peers, shouldered the Poland campaign with the elite Frankish knights. Unfortunately for him, this would be his last glorious campaign.

I wish the AI had put him up to the sword...

Richard III had called the new Queen of Galicia, Violante d’Ivrea, to aid him in his endeavour before he succeeded his father on the imperial throne. However, he didn’t strip Francia Media’s borders to aid the Paladins in their eastern campaign against Denmark. Peering knowledge from the Will of the Anscarids, the new emperor now had to contend with the powerful Holy Roman Empire still led by Kaiser Wenzel “the Great” and his newest Frankish subjects. Richard II spent a lifetime walking on eggs to preserve his throne from ambitious pretenders. Such was the poisoned gift Richard III unwrapped when he took residence in Paris. After all, Richard III was born and raised in Silesia, even if he considered himself a true Frankish noble, a small but important fact that his Frankish vassals took into account. Would the new emperor favour his origins over the core lands of the empire?

How opportune!

Nevertheless, the Poland situation remained the first priority to take care of. In June 1202, the usurped Bogumil, the previous king of Poland, rotted in prison. A rebellion fought in his name to see him reinstalled on the throne, but now Richard III had an ace up his sleeve: Bogumil was excommunicated. The emperor was an extremely devout man; being an outcast of the Catholic Church could never be equaled in his eyes. In extremis, one could never sink so low. Richard III remained a curious blend of pragmatism and zealotry and he decided to execute him, rending the rebellion null.

“The only way to deal with an excommunicated subject is to send him directly to Christ so that he may reconcile with the Lord.”
- Richard III "the Great" d'Ivrea, Emperor of Francia​

Such a decision traced a complex portrait of Richard III. Both his father and grandfather had been excommunicated and both solved the stigma with different methods. Even then, he always remained on good terms with his father. Perhaps Richard II’s submission to Pope Eugene III convinced the young son of his genuine appeal for pardon. Or, the new emperor saw in religion a sordid tool to further his political goals. Most of the time, the truth usually lies in a gray area. Like my esteemed colleague Niccolo Machiavelli once wrote: “One must think of the final result.”

Battlefield overview

Preemptive strike

Richard III solved the lesser problem, but now the Danish armies closed in fast. Divisions were posted in Krakow and Plock with two other armies marching from the north and the west. While the stronger 2nd army remained in the north, the closest army to Orson’s position was the southern 1st army camped in Krakow. As such, Orson hastily commanded the Paladins to strike at the 1st army before they would join with their northern allies. In the meantime, the largest 2nd army stormed Plock mercilessly.

In July, the battle of Jedrzejow began between Orson’s knights and Denmark’s 1st army. The Paladins managed to engage the Danes before they could merge, although that advantage would prove short-lived, as the 3rd army eventually joined their brethren in the heat of battle.

Poor Orson went from 17 martial to 9 before dying

Orson de Qula heroically led the centre in a daring charge to crush the Danes’ defensive formation. While successful, he was mortally wounded in the skirmish after his sword was shattered. Still, the gambit paid off: the battle of Jedrzejow ended in a decisive victory for the Franks. Orson’s last orders were to pursue the Danes and give them no quarters. His second in command, Gaufrid de Crepon, assumed leadership of the Paladins after Orson’s demise on the battlefield. According to legend, Gaufrid kept the hilt of Orson’s sword as a memento. Later, he would brandish the hilt to galvanize his troops at the later battle of Rozsahegy, where he himself died. Orson, in an angelic vision, would have guided Gaufrid to Heaven through the agency of his sword. It was said that on his grave marker, one could read in Old French: “Here perished Orson de Qula, last of the legendary Five Peers who first served under Emperor Richard the 1st and with him, their last adventure”. The exact location of Orson’s final resting place remains unknown. Some archaeologists believe it might be situated around the outskirts of modern Krakow.

Following Orson’s last orders, the Paladins pursued the broken Danes to Oswiecim, where they clashed once more. The pursuit resulted in another victory for the Franks, though the 1st army was not completely destroyed. With Plock subdued, the 2nd army then turned its attention towards the south, where Gaufrid’s knights were camped.

Back in Paris, Richard III secured an alliance with the Salian dynasty by marrying his second daughter Julienne to Prince Engelbrecht, Count of Petra. Engelbrecht was himself a brother of King Bruno I of Jerusalem and a vassal of the Holy Roman Empire.

The traitors list

Domestically, things seemed calm, if only for a moment. Duke Gausbert of Gascogne once more rekindled with his rebellious behaviour. A faction was founded to install the infant Richard, the emperor’s second son, as king of Aquitaine. The current succession law designated Zygmunt, the oldest son, as the heir to Richard III’s titles (except Poland). When the emperor’s whispers caught wind of the plan, he immediately contacted Gausbert, demanding he stopped his petty scheme to split the empire’s territories between his two sons.

“Here I stand the unwanted and unwilling heir to a foreign empire, born of a prestigious, powerful, but detestable family.”
- Zygmunt d'Ivrea, Dauphin of Francia​

“I wouldn’t mind to spend all my time reading books. I almost pity dear brother Sigismond*, for one day he shall rule while I remain in the imperial library to read my life away.”
- Richard d'Ivrea, Prince of Francia​

*Sigismond is the French equivalent of Zygmunt. It appeared that Zygmunt insisted he be called his Polish name. His younger brother and father never complied, much to his annoyance.

While the immediate issue was resolved without blood, frictions remained regarding Richard’s succession. Since he already passed his 40th year, which was considered old in the Middle Ages, the inheritance had to be clear. Zygmunt seemed uninterested to rule the empire and particularly reluctant to live in Paris. Richard, on the other hand, showed a brilliant mind, coupled with a keen interest in occult books. Furthermore, the eldest son barely spoke the French tongue; he conversed nearly exclusively in Polish. Richard proved to be the opposite. We will return to the emperor’s sons later, as future events will have a considerable impact on their respective destinies.

The inevitable clash

With the 2nd Danish army close to Krakow, Richard III brought some reinforcements from Silesia to aid the Paladins. The 1st Danish army was on the ropes, but with the stronger northern force getting closer, caution needed to be exercised. A 3rd division entered Francia Orientalis and laid siege to Yatvyagi. The battle of Nowy Sacz once more collected a victory for the Frankish knights. Unwilling to face the main Danish army on unfavourable grounds, Gaufrid feigned retreat, while they were busy fighting Plock partisans.

“All warfare is based on deception.”
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War​

Gaufried reunited with Silesia reinforcements and then proceeded to move the army in the mountains of Zvolen at Rozsahegy. This was the location he chose to confront the Danes. An ideal defensive position, the Danes would be forced to face a flurry of arrows before they even managed to reach their position. Then, the knights would be unleashed on the unsuspecting assailants.

Their finest hour

As such, in early spring 1203, the battle of Rozsahegy took place. The overconfident Danes took heavy losses before they reached the Franks. Gaufrid then charged the centre with the Paladins. The young leader was killed in the charge, but it didn’t stop the Paladins. After a long and bloody melee, the battle concluded in a decisive victory for the Franks. A shattered retreat was ordered, to no avail. Drogo d’Avranches took over Gaufrid’s command, ordering a full pursuit against the broken Danes. Following the battle of Gorlice, the 2nd Danish army was pushed all the way back to Plock, where their last man fell. Gorged with their victorious winning streak, Roland’s Chosen then marched towards the last Danish army camped in Plock, much to the surprise of the invaders. By early summer 1203, the war for Poland turned firmly in favour of Richard III. The Paladins accomplished a near impossible feat: they triumphed over a force thrice their numbers.

As per tradition, Orson’s hilt was recovered by Drogo, who then sent it back to Paris, along with news of Orson and Gaufrid’s heroic demises. Richard III then ordered a mass in honour of the fallen Peers. Orson’s hilt is now considered an imperial heirloom in all of Francia.

“Before I left for Paris, I told my surprised commanders: prove yourselves inflexible as the stoutest tree, indomitable as the wildest horse, valiant as the strongest knight, determined as the bravest Frank, and victory shall be ours. Remember, this is merely a test laid out by the Divine Providence. I turned out to be right. Everything is going according to the Divine Will.”
- Richard III "the Great" d'Ivrea, Emperor of Francia

The liberation of Plock followed with the arrival of Galicia’s army sent by Queen Violante. King Anders II requested immediate help from his ally, King Ferenc I of Hungary. Unfortunately for him, Ferenc never sent help, since he was preoccupied with a rebellion led by Duchess Signe of Volhynia. Still, the matter needed to be resolved fast; Denmark remained a considerable power in the north and Hungary proved a strong force in the south. Sandwiched between the two, the eastern territories of Francia remained precarious.

The Danish invasion ends

Rather than risk a long and costly war merely for prestige and superiority, Richard III negotiated peace with Anders II. A white peace was signed between Francia and Denmark, thus ending the Danish invasion of Poland. Francia Orientalis' future became brighter for the time being.

Well, I didn't do it in one sitting, but got it done in 24 hours.

Well done with defeating the much larger army. It's certainly not an easy task, but always satisfying when it happens.

Well, I didn't do it in one sitting, but got it done in 24 hours.

Well done with defeating the much larger army. It's certainly not an easy task, but always satisfying when it happens.

I'm over 100 pages in my Word document, so reading it all in one day is flattering. Well, I understand why Paradox nerfed retinues... Worst come to worst, I would have emptied my levies and risk a war with the Holy Roman Empire.

Just finished catching up. Very nice.

Chapter 34​

An Imperial Alliance (1203-1208)​

Well, where I am in my EU4 non-canon game, I had a heir with a weak claim and it all went to hell. If I had a meme of Buzz Lightyear it would go like this: "Revolts, revolts everywhere...". Mighty annoying! Perhaps I should play a regular Ironman game to properly learn how to play this game. I just like this dynasty so much that it's hard to let go. I opened up the placeholder for the second part of this campaign. By doing so, I reveal the name of my last protagonist, which is François III. I'll leave it at that. Moving on with Richard III for the time being.

"Liberating" Holland

Victorious in Poland, Richard III could now let out a sigh of relief. With the far eastern reaches of the empire safe, opportunities resurfaced. For one, Holland bordered the isolated province of Westfriesland. Duke Barend Gerulfing remained an independent feudal lord from the oaths of both the Frankish and Germanic empires. Though, he would not remain free for very long. Orders reached the victorious Peers: they were to conquer Holland in the name of the empire of Francia before the Holy Roman Empire would annex it. So they did.

A county and a son

In May 1204, Drogo d’Avranches led the Frankish knights to Holland, where they were to subdue the Dutch into vassalage. Following the victorious battle of Dordrecht, Duke Barend Gerulfing was forced to relinquish his titles. With this newest conquest came other good news for Richard III: Empress Cecilie gave birth to a son, Hughes, on the 10th of October 1204.

Capturing Liberating Alcantara

Unsatisfied with this easy victory, the emperor chose to humiliate England by seizing territories from them. To be more specific, the county of Alcantara became his next target. The annexation of Alcantara served two objectives: weaken England further and close the gap between the territories of Asturias and Francia Occidentalis. With a new Iberian campaign practically won from the start, the emperor prepared his eldest son’s ascension: Zygmunt approached his 16th birthday. The time drew near when Richard III would have to seek a proper spouse. Sources diverge on who exactly was to be the future bride of Zygmunt, though most agree that the emperor considered a Byzantine duchess. However, this project never came to be.

Zygmunt, heir to Francia

Well... that is convenient

I kid you not, it happened exactly like it's pictured above. Perhaps it's because Zygmunt had a foreign culture, a lower opinion of me and had claims that he changed courts. It caught me totally by surprise, as I was about to betroth him off to a Byzantine duchess, which was cancelled since he left. Well, considering his stats and foreign culture, it went for the best... I thought that Paradox hacked my game with a commandment that went like this: "But thou must play another Richard!". Thank God for Free Investiture! :laugh:

When Prince Zygmunt, the imperial heir, turned 16 in July 1205, he immediately fled Paris. Unwilling to do one day rule the entire empire, the young man sought refuge inside the Republic of Flanders, governed by Doge Sigismond. In an ironic twist of fate, the two individuals shared the same name under two different dialects. The doge welcomed the Dauphin warmly and proposed a solution to his problem. There were 3 ways to escape the succession: change the law, death, or become a servant of God. Of course, death was out of the question and changing the succession law would be impossible. France had long switched to the Primogeniture custom; revoking the ancient law might cause a nationwide rebellion. Besides, the Will of the Anscarids specifically recommended keeping it intact. Zygmunt wished to escape his destiny more than anything, so his path was clear: he would become a bishop.

“To devote a child’s life to God will assure my place in Heaven right next to Zygmunt. A father could not be blessed more with such good sons. Everything is going according to the Divine Will.”

The emperor remained a deeply pious man, so when he heard that Zygmunt chose to forsake the crown for a religious life, Richard III humbly accepted his decision. He even applauded his eldest son, as there was no greater gift to God than to give a child to the Church. Perhaps deep down, the emperor preferred to have the younger Richard as a successor, since he proved a more suitable heir. In any case, the future Richard IV accepted his responsibilities with slight reluctance.

“I can’t say I entirely blame dear brother Sigismond for running away. Unlike him, I will proudly wear the crown in due time. A pity this will leave me with precious little reading time.”
- Richard IV d'Ivrea, Dauphin of Francia​

If only the Holy Roman Empire was this obliging...

King Osulf never sent troops to repel the Paladins in Iberia, since he was still knee deep in rebellious waters back in England. The castle of Alcantara fell in July 1206 and the province came under control of the empire the following April with the surrender of England.

Felipe IV calls for aid

In January 1207, the new king of Aragon, Felipe IV, hastily contacted the emperor for help: a revolt was organized to install a 84 year old man on the throne. Gil Ovéquiz from house Jimena, was a distant relative of the previous Aragonese royal family. The first Anscarid member to sit on the throne of Aragon was Felipe IV, the son of queen mother Violante “Ironside”. Navarra also came to the aid of Aragon by seizing a brilliant victory outside the gates of Urgell. However, a coalition was formed between Alto Aragon and Léon against Felipe IV. Before the emperor could focus his attention on Aragon, he had a more pressing matter to take care of.

Richard IV, my 5th protagonist and his future wife

True to his word, the future Richard IV accepted to remain the Dauphin to the Frankish empire. Once the young man turned 16, the emperor and his son travelled to Hungary, where Richard III laid out an ambitious political alliance. To reward the young man for his devotion, Richard III negotiated a very favourable marriage for the empire. King Nàndor of Hungary had no son, but he did sire six daughters. This meant that his eldest daughter, Zoltàna, would one day inherit the entire kingdom. The girl was 6 years younger than Richard IV. Both father and son made such a fine impression on their Hungarian hosts that a betrothal was signed between Richard IV and Zoltàna. Based on their own first impressions, the future couple held each other in high esteem, especially Zoltàna, who became quite smitten with the young man. Richard IV was also glad, because this would leave him a few more years to study the obscure art of alchemy, his life’s passion, and Zoltàna seemed like a particularly gifted young girl. As for King Nàndor, this alliance served two objectives. One, the empire’s strength would consolidate his kingdom against the Cumans and the Germans. Two, worrying rumours of a new eastern threat preoccupied him; a warlord from the steppes was gathering an impressive army, an army that managed to curb the powerful Middle Empire... To his credit, his foresight would prove him right many years later, when the Mongol Hordes would effectively enter Europe and the Middle East. Richard III’s own foresight later granted him the surname “Father of Francia Orientalis” for laying out the foundations of the eastern territories of Francia.

“I remember meeting the emperor (Richard III) and my husband to be. Most men I meet looked like boorish brutes, but something was different with those slender men. Their noses were slightly tipped upwards, as if they were always solving mathematical problems, or judging their peers. My husband to be greeted me cordially and was quite surprised I could more than match his own wits. He then proudly gave a nod to the emperor and whispered that he was looking forward our future discussions as husband and wife. He also promised to write me letters as often as he could. My feelings only grew over the years for this unusual, yet charming man.”
- Zoltàna Àrpàd, Princess of Hungary​

Both Richards were men of letters, contrary to the usual medieval lords of the time. Kings needed to lead troops on the battlefield and to show bravery in front of their subjects. The two men were brave, yet they frowned upon participating in battles. Such intellectual men struck their contemporaries as odd, since refusing to take part in battles could be seen as cowardice or effeminate. Richard III used to lead troops during his campaign for Poland, but soon he realized that was not his real talent. Possibly, the defeats he himself suffered until the Paladins came to his rescue explain his eventual lack of interest for glory on the battlefield. Richard IV was not so different from his father: most of his free time was spent on reading and conducting strange experiments in his chambers. Once Princess Zoltàna met these two odd men, it must have been quite a contrast for her. She immediately took a liking to her future husband, though it would take a longer time for Richard IV to truly reciprocate her romantic feelings.

“Father was right: the empire’s future lies in the east. Encroached by Denmark to the north and the false empire to the west, our salvation will come from the south. From Hungary’s womb will birth a new generation that will be able to stand up to any power. Everything is going according to the Divine Will.”

The coalition is broken

Let us return to Iberia for the time being. With England out of the picture, Richard III sent the Paladins to Aragon. Diego II of Navarra faced a defeat against the coalition, but now the Paladins were here to help. Bérenger Premyslid scored a victory at the battle of Urgell. The coalition was shattered along with their hope to install an elderly man on Aragon’s throne. With the situation under control, Richard III found another punching bag to unwind on: the Republic of Genoa.

December 1207 was the moment Richard III declared war against Genoa. The prize he coveted was none other than the county of Empuries who bordered the southern border of Francia Media. Doge Pagano II called England for help and Osulf was eager to avenge the humiliating defeat he suffered against Richard III. Osulf managed to quell the Mercian rebellion who wanted to depose him in favour of Amund Yngling from Norway. Also, England forced Beja into vassalage. This meant that Bouchard III d’Ivrea would bring East Anglia under England, once he inherited the duchy from his father Bouchard II. The Godwins may have lost Galicia against the Anscarids years before, but now they were on the way to reclaim a sizeable chunk of land in return.

England lands in Empuries

In any event, the Paladins immediately entered Empuries. Girona fell in May. Genoa counter-attacked by sending mercenaries against the knights. Bérenger confronted them at the battle of Narbonne, where the Genoese were defeated. Following on their victory, the Paladins proceeded to attack the Doge’s personal army at Maguelone, where they once again triumphed over Genoa. However, the alliance was far from beaten. A large English army under the personal command of Osulf entered Empuries to recapture the fortress of Girona, which they did in September.

Felipe IV victorious

The next month, Aragon’s revolt was finally crushed. Felipe IV could rest easy: his crown would remain firmly on his head. Now, the emperor put all his attention on striking the English-Genoese alliance.

Trying to make a continental Francia, are we? Capturing England is mandatory.

Trying to make a continental Francia, are we? Capturing England is mandatory.

They still hold a couple counties in Iberia...

Interesting turn of events for young Zygmunt, but it looks like you might add Hungary to your domain, soon you'll have those German's surrounded.

That's the plan!

About your monarch's aging problem in EU4 if you enter a birthdate in the monarch's file it should fix the problems of their age by giving their proper age. Great update as normal however.

Great update, and AAR! Finally caught up, it will be really interesting seeing Francia in EU4. Seems as if by then you may have a pan-Europa already :)

About your monarch's aging problem in EU4 if you enter a birthdate in the monarch's file it should fix the problems of their age by giving their proper age. Great update as normal however.

Hmm the birthday seems fine in the file. It seems it's the converter itself who gives him another 20 years. Oh well, perhaps if I rewrite it again? Or, I could just let him die as EU4 starts to make a "new age dawns" intro or something.

Great update, and AAR! Finally caught up, it will be really interesting seeing Francia in EU4. Seems as if by then you may have a pan-Europa already :)

There's some forum posters who don't like the Big Blue Blob (France)... It's really tempting to show my 1444 map, but I do try very hard not to until I get there!

In the EU4 country history file for your country if you mod your first character's birthdate into their unit you can set their actual age.
1417.11.4 = {
monarch = {
name = "Bernhard I"
dynasty = "von Nordheim"
adm = 6
dip = 3
mil = 4
birth_date = 1417.2.14
}
}

1417.11.4 = {
monarch = {
name = "Bernhard I"
dynasty = "von Nordheim"
adm = 6
dip = 3
mil = 4
}
}

There's some forum posters who don't like the Big Blue Blob (France)... It's really tempting to show my 1444 map, but I do try very hard not to until I get there!

Haha that is true I suppose! I'd post it out of sheer meanness :p just kidding, as I said I think it will be really interesting seeing your Francia in EUIV I imagine it will be able to be a colonial behemoth!!!