• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A classic line!

What he did is invade the native Americans and steal their territory, then changed his capital etc.

I am interested in how you moved your capital to the Americas. It is a great idea, basicaly for anyone, but how to pull it off?
you can declare on the natives without a CB, conquer a province.. but you can't core it because it's not in range, and you can't move the capital there normaly because that requires a core (the tooltip says). So how did you do it Sir?
EDIT: do you somehow have to lose your current capital? how is that possible?

I am interested in how you moved your capital to the Americas. It is a great idea, basicaly for anyone, but how to pull it off?
you can declare on the natives without a CB, conquer a province.. but you can't core it because it's not in range, and you can't move the capital there normaly because that requires a core (the tooltip says). So how did you do it Sir?
EDIT: do you somehow have to lose your current capital? how is that possible?

There is no need to lose your capital. If you have fleet-basing rights from a nation you can use their "coring" range. Since I vassalised Shawnee, I was therefor able to core any province next to them. Once I had my core, I moved capital.

This is a painful update. Pictures first, then explanation.

bALZSSN.jpg

kSlEnQq.jpg

qibweU1.jpg

U2Ya1Wr.jpg

jsl0bkS.jpg

XFqWCpc.jpg

QSPXSmz.jpg

The war with Spain went well, very well in fact. You could even say it went perfectly. I had them down on their knees and I was able to get exactly what I wanted without costing me too much of anything. I released Castille as a Pagan vassal, ripping the guts out of Spain while at the same time giving me a powerful ally that I could later integrate.

Or so my feeble understanding led me to believe. Well no, it seems that once a nation ceases to exist, it stops teching too, so the Castille that I had released had even worse technology than I had. Well my future plans were to do exactly the same to Guyenne and England but they too would have pathetic tech and be no help in future wars so...yeah.

Never mind though, I soldiered on. I rushed the "counter revolution" idea" so I could become a republic and ensure I always had a ruler with good ADM while also preventing loss of stability from royal deaths. I encountered the Noble Republic of Cyprus. Yes, they'll do, but damn, I need a land border to get the CB. Not a problem, I'll sell them one of my Iberian holdings. I declare war and they have powerful friends, but I don't care, they remain war leader in a counter-revolution war so they quickly make peace, turning me into a noble republic.

Okay, I become a noble republic with one point of republic tradition. Okay, that does make sense, I'll just have to maintain it by making new leaders every year, not much of a drawback.

Except that I was very close to annexing Shawnee, and when I did an event popped up costing me 10 republican tradition. This put me back to a Despotic monarchy with a worse ruler than I previously had and 0 legitimacy. Sensing my weakness, Spain declared war, resulting in the total loss of Castille.

I decided a do-or-die war with Ming would sort things out. I declared war on them with no CB, planning to vassalise them, get all of their former lands back and then integrate them, but I feel that it is too little to late. The rebels are there on purpose: if I let them collapse me I can revert back to 0 stability and 0 War Exhaustion at the cost of 50% taxes in some select provinces which isn't too bad because I am still dripping with thousands of ducats and make plenty from trade, but I really feel that I should take the lessons learned and start anew.

A much more aggressive start is in order.

Last edited:
Sad to hear you're restarting, but lessons learned are always good!

My second attempt will be here, in fact every attempt will be kept to this thread until I manage to nail it. Thanks for the kind words. I'm not all too surprised that this run ended in a ball of flames, but from the burning wreckage I think I've hatched a new, even crazier idea.

Crazy is good. What are you going to do? Mass diplo annex with gifting your vassals all provinces to provoke coring?

Disappointed to see that you're going to restart. At least you can use the mistakes of the first attempt to perfect the second one. :)

My second attempt will be here, in fact every attempt will be kept to this thread until I manage to nail it. Thanks for the kind words. I'm not all too surprised that this run ended in a ball of flames, but from the burning wreckage I think I've hatched a new, even crazier idea.

.. Does that mean that Ryukyu will into space ?

I've been playing the game as France and have gotten to ~1580's, and I'm starting to see a problem with getting a WC. It begins taking forever to core provinces. For instance, I just conquered a swath of Huron provinces which take 153 months to core, besides the one provinces where I have a claim, which is somewhat less. And the thing is, I only have 107 provinces right now. As far as I can tell, coring time scales with provinces number, so are you going to go past 100 overextension? If so, have you done that yet? I did earlier, just to 120%, and within probably a year I got two stab hits as well as some less significant events. I don't think without inheriting/diploannexing massive countries you'll be able to do a WC, regardless of how good you are at the game, which I admit is much better than I am. Any ideas on how to get around that?

EDIT:
Looking at defines.lua, the base core time is 36 months, and for each province you own that time increases 5%. So if you have 1000 provinces, which eventually you will, (I'm assuming linear growth, not exponential, which is best case and most likely scenario) it'll take you 36 +1000(.05)(36) =1836 months or 153 years to core a province. Looking at this, it looks impossible to do a WC without some serious cheese or ignoring OE. The only major cheese I can think of for getting around the huge time is creating a mega-vassal/PU to diplomatically annex.

Edit again:
I did a very small amount of testing with diplomatically annexing vassals. In short, you can't annex a vassal that is bigger than you. Assuming you can sell provinces to your vassal (not guaranteed), each vassal you diplomatically annex could, as far as I can tell, double your size. The issue is, then, selling provinces to vassals. By selling a provinces for 0 ducats, nations are most likely to accept. How much it influences them isn't constant, but it seems to be a function of basetax (albania gives +5 for 0 ducats, some Alexandria gives +35). A lot of things make nations unlikely to accept the sale. For instance, if a nation can't core a province, they will not accept (-1000). They seem to not be able to core a province unless they have a border or naval range. If it is a different religion, -20, if it is an unaccepted culture, -20, if it borders +10, same religion +10. Naturally, if they are overextended (and 9 base tax, or 36% overextension makes them "overextended" and refuse to take provinces).

So it seems that you can sell a province to a bordering vassal as long as they share either culture or religion, and they are not overextended. Because coring time scales for vassals, you won't be able to have mega vassals, meaning you won't be able to get 500 cores at once through diploannexing. Because of the initial limit of 4 diplomatic relations, you'll probably want to have 4 vassals in different areas, each with popular regions and cultures. Eventually you can extend that, +2 for diplomatic ideas and another 2 for expansion ideas, giving 8 total vassals to sell to.

But you'll still have a huge, possibly fatal issue that I can see. Coalitions. Not because I think the AI will be able to beat you with a coalition (though early, against Europeans I'm sure its possible). The issue is that you can't peace out individual nations, which will significantly slow your growth, especially when there are world wide coalitions. One possible way I can see this issue being lessened is through rotation of wars. What I mean by that is all coalition members are called unless you have a truce with them. That means if you can split a coalition, you have a 5 year period where you can DoW the side you weren't just fighting. Even so, it could still cripple your chances.

Anyway, I hope you succeed, but I can see it being anywhere from super hard to impossible.

Last edited: