• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good luck! :D

Your AARs are the best I've ever read and it's an honour to have such a skilled writer reading. I can't do narrative, so I don't even try.

subbed. Loved your Ryukyu WC for Eu3

Cheers. Let's hope for more madness!

I have a feeling that this will be glorious no matter what :D

Glorious yes, but maybe not for Ryukyuns, at least not yet

Ryukyu for the win! I'll be following this with much anticipation :)

Thanks. They have a special place in my heart ever since I found AI Ryukyu crushing South-East Asia when I finally discovered them.

Good luck certainly gonna watch this AAR :p

Cheers, I'll need it

HAIL RUYKU guys :D

Hail!

Jesus, I wish you good luck :D

No, it's not Jesus, it's DDRJake

Madman! You are a madman! Good luck!

I get called mad a lot.

Will follow. I want to see this madness!

see above

it's here! praise the sun!

The sun won't set on the Ryukyun empire, we cannot be trusted in the dark.

we shall conquere the world by peace WITH FORCE!

I almost shared my lunch with the screen laughing at that.

Subbed, good luck!

Thanks!

May the best of luck be with you.

I'll need better than that

I want to believe!

Me too

Oh good.May the Sun always shine upon you DDRJake :p

I'm working on it!

Bringing communism to the masses again? :)

Subbing, always enjoyed your investigations of game mechanics - especially now since my PC is too flaky to run EU4 - as I found out the hard way last night :(

That's nasty news. You were an inspiration in my early years of EU3 and I hope you can rise to glory when you upgrade.

This promises to be worthwhile.

I promise little.

Nice to see you try it again. Even if you do not succeed, I expect the AAR to be very educational.

For both you and me. I'm already discovering horrible things to my financial peril.

I never saw your EU3 one, but I'm in time for this!

Welcome! You should make some challenges for EU4 once everybody has had a chance to get a few normal games done.

The is the achievement called "The Three Mountains"?

From the three principalities of the Kingdom of Ryukyu: 北山, 中山 and 南山, 山 meaning "mountain"

Bearing in mind that other than a couple of short games as Alsace and Mongol Khanate, this is my only EU4 campaign. Things have already been going wrong with my 1/1/1 ruler living to well over 65, but those are the breaks.

05444D50C776E9F7AD5BE007C748072893AB637E

B7E9EDA6FA6F641D88F9F124FCB4398C71EF4271

Jumping right into the thick of it I vassalise Champa and took one piece of land to forge claims on and then further vassalise Lang Xiang, Pegu and Dai Viet. Aggressive expansion penalties don't really mean much to me right now, I feel pretty safe on my island. The drawback is that I had to annex Pegu, I couldn't vassalise them for some reason (they weren't in a PU or already a vassal) so I annexed them and released them. What a fool I was, I forgot that this makes them Animist. For the next 50 years or so, Pegu was in a constant state of revolt, constantly collapsing to rebels.

Unfortunately, and I mean really very unfortunately, Ming got torn to shreds by revolt and a massive coalition. This means that my trade income from their node, which previously brought in over 7 ducats a month (the key to finding the Ryukyun armies) was reduced to about 1 ducat per month. Ming never recovers.

1DCD4E6B62E69E3E2C279BBDD29DD95E20CC5AF8

The war for Dai Viet was truly awful. I had shipped over 14,000 of my finest men, but did not count on Khmer being able to fund such a large army while being a subject of Ayutthaya. Thankfully, Dai Viet remained war leader and an agreeable peace deal was decided upon.

1864057608E26D02D756C83161B53F44C4F03FEB

D168AC79BDA1C5001EC45506FB621BA4B63A2712

Now I feel that I have a decent powerbase, I think about where to aim my new subjects' spears. I don't have any CBs at all so I send a loan to Ayutthaya thinking I could punch some money out of them and any others who join in. I was in luck, Ayutthaya was at war and full of revolting muslims when they failed to repay me and I launch in with an attack. Unfortunately, I did not notice their troops advance upon me and before my reinforcements arrived, they wiped my main force and then mopped up what little I had left, before making short work of the vassal armies. Things looked very bad and I thought my run was already over, but rebels swiftly became my friends. Ayutthaya was so rife with rebellion that I was granted a blessing. Doubly so when I found indirect benefits from this otherwise failed war.

1C1BC623620999CED7F7F3DDC87D9370497F777A

D24139CCC85FB69E84324EF4BA2D8133B5AF80F9

Previously in EU3 I became a horde and marched West, devouring everything in sight. For this attempt at least, I've decided to look to a new horizon.

E8EFE25CB61E96BDD58A0EF90DF4D979FA8ACE4F

45C02683D24E4044F365A2722C13A4FA4C2D05BF

54E7726FEFB6DE48C95C5D8A2D459BEB9BFC78F9

6A8E7955DF922C835696C842C0EF379388A8D868

68C49BFDCF164645507650BD172C3C2DDE505CC0

We are now American Japanese! We punch money and land out of natives, then sell it back for more money to fund our colonies!

I set up as many colonies I can until I notice...I was running a 90 ducat per month deficit! It seems that while 1 colony may cost 2 ducats in upkeep, 2 cost 5, 3 cost 12, 4 cost 20 and so on. I Thought again that my run had ended due to my greed, but I decide that my best American friend can "borrow" these from me, at least for a short while.

10B783AA0C9C2159F340C3C552665EFBB6AFE9F1

AF51C3B6E2583C3A56EE2717E590088623BD2CCE

Go away Spain. Goawaygoawaygoaway.

Last edited:
Already, your strategy is incredibly crazy :D . Shame that I can only barely read the text in the images.

Already, your strategy is incredibly crazy :D . Shame that I can only barely read the text in the images.

Yeah, that's a frequent criticism I get when posting up things like this. linking to Steam with IMG tags is just so easy and I love preserving the full 1920*1080 res.

Rickt click -> view image to see it in full or come up with a suggestion.

Great AAR, I'm not reading too many AARs right now, but this one I would follow for sure. As to the Peasant War. I was very unlucky playing France. After 4 years of Hundred Years War, I was victorious but I have minimum manpower, then coalition formed against me and I have no manpower, and then after 5 years of game, Peasant War stared destroying my Ironman mode game. I Hope that you will not experience that.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to attempt the famous Ryukyu world conquest. Apparently not long at all. :p Good luck.

Great AAR, I'm not reading too many AARs right now, but this one I would follow for sure. As to the Peasant War. I was very unlucky playing France. After 4 years of Hundred Years War, I was victorious but I have minimum manpower, then coalition formed against me and I have no manpower, and then after 5 years of game, Peasant War stared destroying my Ironman mode game. I Hope that you will not experience that.

I've been reading about that. I've also been reading about the horrible endless Catholic zealots destroying Japanese-cultured countries. I'll have to be on my guard or Paradox had better get patching fast!

You've gone for the hardest achievement in your first game!

I maintain that Nadj will be harder

Impressive, keep going :)

Thanks. With the shorter timeframe (game still ends in 1820, right?) I'm very anxious about any time where I'm not conquering new lands one way or another.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to attempt the famous Ryukyu world conquest. Apparently not long at all. :p Good luck.

I'll keep trying 'till it's mine, even if this AAR is 99 pages of failure.

Now for a short update to see if this is working. I cropped down my pictures so that they should display better here. It also saves on how much I need to upload (running off of mobile internet both when I post and when I play here)

I set up a colony next to Maya so I could forge a claim and fight them without losing precious stability. All my ADM is being spent on coring and advancing tech while every drop of DIP is being put towards the colonisation tech tree. When I can afford it, I'll be getting the Diplomacy tech tree as well. It's all about gaining some CBs and coring cheaper. I would love to get the expansion tech tree so that I can have more colonists, but it looks like Nei Wibaru is going to have to do all the hard work himself.

fIr8NJY.jpg

CDJ9gCr.jpg

cVqB0M2.jpg

PgAUavg.jpg

I almost feel sorry for how poorly these Americans fight but I should be warned, this is doubtlessly how the Europeans will be feeling when they meet me. I sell a couple of provinces back to Maya for a total of about 800 ducats to fund a new, better DIP advisor and to give me a large pool of money for colonisation. I am always running a loss.

The year is 1518. Spain has 3 Brazilian colonies nearing completion. I need to begin defending the Americas very soon.

By the way, being Animist means that sieges progress 50% faster. At one point in this war, I was getting a siege "tick" every 3 days

Last edited:
Great progress so far! Even if it is rather 'inventive'! :D

Thanks for your kind words also. :)

Wow this is such a crazy AAR! Wish you good luck!

Following with interest. ^_^

Does Ryukyu have Japanese culture? If so, would it be possible to somehow become Shogun? Would be quite handy to have 10 diplomatic relationships...