EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm losing diplomatic power because I have "15/6 diplomatic relations". What the hell does this mean? And is there anyway I can get a quick injection of diplo power so I can end my damn war before WE cripples me?

This is answered above, but basically you've made too many royal marriages, alliances, military access treaties, vassals, etc

This is answered above, but basically you've made too many royal marriages, alliances, military access treaties, vassals, etc

Ok thanks. I guess France is in a pickle from the start then, with those 5 or 6 vassals they have....

Click on My games, under Manage games, select EU4 in the dropdown and enter your key there.

Only problem being that EU4 isn't on the list, or at least wasn't when i tried to do it an hour or so ago. There's pre-order and call-to-arms things on there (near the bottom) but no plain old "Yo, I just bought EU4 right now, let me register it" ;)

EDIT: Just checked, and nope, still no change.

What are the ways besides ruler stats to improve point generation? I'm lagging in tech.

Also, what are good some good idea trees for Aragon, do you think? I went into offensive thinking it would be a lot better than it actually was, but it was actually pretty trash. I'm not doing so well this time but I want to try another Aragon game after.

What are the ways besides ruler stats to improve point generation? I'm lagging in tech.

Also, what are good some good idea trees for Aragon, do you think? I went into offensive thinking it would be a lot better than it actually was, but it was actually pretty trash. I'm not doing so well this time but I want to try another Aragon game after.

Hire advisors, check so that you aren't having too many diplomatic relations or leaders.

How can I stop being a vassal?

I played a small nation and got vassalized pretty early on. I can't declare war on anyone other than my liege, so I can't expand my territory. But my liege is more powerful. And if I wait for an opportunity (such as when my liege is in a lot of wars), I can't declare war on my liege because then I am in a war on the same side as my liege, and can't declare war on someone that's already in a war on the same side as me. So far, the only thing I've been able to come up with is supporting rebels and declaring war when there are lots of rebels. Is there really no other way to get out of being a vassal? It feels like I should be able to declare war on my liege when he's in a lot of wars, but I can't seem to do it. Am I missing something?

Was just going to post the same question. Anyone got an answer?

If not, how does the coalition work. Just start an coalition and hope someone join?

exactly. I've started one as Hungary against the Ottomans, NOBODY wanted to join for a few decades.
then the lime menace started rolling, crushed the balkans, crating a few OPMs, who have THEN decided to join the coalition, benefitting exactly nobody, ever.

Does anyone know how to pause the game when receiving a call to arms from an alliance? I have tried right clicking, and looking through the message lists. I hate getting a notification at 5 speed and missing it, resulting in a lost alliance and big prestige hit.

Was just going to post the same question. Anyone got an answer?

If not, how does the coalition work. Just start an coalition and hope someone join?

Yeah, coalitions have to form organically, no invitations. Countries join as they feel threatened or enraged by the growing power of the particular nation. The one against Spain in my current game (not as Spain) is quite impressive.

So do stability and technologies ever go up on their own, like in EU3, or do you always (except for events maybe) have to boost and buy the tech level?

Some events boost stability, e.g. Saint Performs Miracle. Sadly, there are far more comets than Saints.

Is there a setting somewhere which will auto-pause the game when an event message appears? I know it is possible to auto pause several messages (battle results, diplomats returning, peace results, etc.) but I wasn't able to find a way to pause the game automatically when an event message appears. I end up having to manually pause the game to read the event and read through the choices, which gets a bit annoying.

The bottom right of most messages has a little QR code which you can click on to change the settings. Or, you can right-click on the text in the Log.

Now, if you mean Event messages that don't have the little box to change settings, I think that's missing. Worse still, right clicking on the text in the Log and changing it to pause simply causes the game to pause when you make your choice on the event, which is not as helpful as it sounds :D

Is there a way to invite other nations into a coalition?

I don't believe so.

I'm having real trouble understanding Trade. What does "upstream" and "downstream" mean? I've scoured the internet and maybe I'm just a fool, but I have no clue what this means.

What are quick ways of gaining extra Monarch Power Points per month?

Is it possible to see a complete list of your potential heirs somewhere?

Also what are the steps to annex a country via royal marriage? After you marry into their royal family is there any way to check how many heirs they have?