• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
javert raised his voice from his chair:

Lord Zaphren can you stop using weak spells unnecessarily? you are just screamed words, and wasting your magic on them. More that frighting my fellow lords you are probably giving them a headache like you are doing to me with all your mad ramble.

Be like the Orc lord, he knows how to behave in a public meeting. He say what he needs to say and stay quite meanwhile the event proceed.....It would be nice if you have the decency of behaving like a rational beings are ought to do, dark or light side matters not, good manners are good manners. That is what my mom teach me when i was a kid was it not the same in your case?

Javert stop talking after yawning.

The alarms outside grew louder. The panicked cries beyond the door had become clearer despite the frenzy within the hall. The clear cry of the door-guards on the other side of the entrance rang in the ears of all in the Assembly.

"Dragons! Dragons!"

89003895_640x383_8647_The_Dragons_Attack_2d_fantasy_dragons_army_castle_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Last edited:
((Justinus is not present: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...i-Prophecy&p=15922218&viewfull=1#post15922218 as there was no guarantee of peace, thus staying at home and sending Perseus Laecus in his stead))

The representative of Three Rivers has stayed silent, shaking his head. "Why do they never listen?" he mutters. He watches as fighting erupts, watching people starting to declare their allegiances. He starts reading over the papers delivered from his liege, trying to find out where it says whether Three Rivers should serve the light or the dark. Generally for now he appears to remain neutral.

Ivar af Blót was still sitting in his chair, fighting someone with greater magic and no weapon was futile. But he would fight it with his resolve.

- "The Pale serve The Unnamed one, our primary god, you call him a hero" he raises himself and leans forward on the table. "If his action fighting Faðir, The Creator, has doomed us..."

His voice grew stronger for each word he spoke. The last words almost a shout, a presence of strength just by uttering them.

- "Then the Pale Ones shall die in his name fighting for the rights he gave us!"

The Pale joins the side of the Light (( I would rather say The Side of the Unnamed one, but I guess that is the light right? Or maybe the side of Ice.... ))

Last edited:
"A great person once said 'These are times that try men's souls', for one thing, I agree with him; This is a harsh trial for our souls, look around us, men, orc, dwarf, elf, many souls lost; many souls brought to glory; many souls that we must honor. One must remember the brave heroes that defeated the Dark One in ages long past, Eccesiasties, the savior of Agorath, Richard Wolfe, the first of the line of Wolfe's, that sacrificed everything for the defeat of the Dark One, even their lives, in the case of Eccesiasties. Now, the light calls upon us, to become like our ancestors, to save Agorath, and to defend the glory of the light.

I call upon another quote, which I will reveal now:

'All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as self-evident.'

The light, is being violently opposed by usurpers, cowering in the dark, but, through this, the light may be strengthened altogether. I would never return to Wolfen with honor if I sided with the dark, nor be received by master. I declare the firm support of Wolfen to the defense of the light.

I would've never told Matthew this, but I practiced magic in secret. Matthew knows me as an ardent preacher of the Light in Wolfen, but only few know that I practice light magics, I have noticed recently that more and more powerful and dangerous magics have been unearthing the foundations of Agorath."

*William now pulls off his noble robes, and reveal that he is wearing priest robes*

"Light, give me strength
Light, give me faith

I call upon the heroes of old,
Eccesiasties, give me your noble strength that has saved Agorath
Richard Wolfe, give me the faith that you had to save the noble cause of the light

Hail, Light! The light that empowers us to do good
Hail, Light! The light that makes us who we are
Hail, Light! The light that will be with us to triumph over the dark

Light, find all lost souls and bring them back to the noble cause
Light, empower all your heroes and protectors to defend the noble cause

per lucem, per Eccesiasties, I am empowered by the light."

"Protectors of the light! Kneel and reaffirm your faith to the light, and receive the blessings of strength and faith!"

William Burnside gives blessings to all protectors of the light that kneels and reaffirms their faith

Last edited:
The fair skin of Qylan began to peel away, blackened scales began to take its place as the Elf kept gradually growing. He opened his mouth, his voice no longer his but someone else, seemingly coming from some other worldly place and resonating with deep horror.

"Death..... Death..... DEATH!"

((Jarl Arnulf Stronghelm promply signs the Northern peace offer))

The Stronghelm ambassador, a young man with unruly golden curls and broad shoulders, stands up. He wears brown boots and a white tunic with a strange crest, a three-headed dog with dark fur. The face of the man is now a grimace of fury and disgust.

- My master, Jarl Arnulf the Young, is not here – but I am his voice, and anybody, who knows my lord, can guess, what his response would have been like. I am Sverre Ragnarson, the son of Ragnar the Black, the Terror of Galadriel, a great Norse general. I have served Jarl Arnulf as a page since childhood – and know, that he hates the Dark side, hates it and holds it in contempt. He has always said, that the Dark side is only a piece of filth, that brings destruction and pain to our world. Some people think, that this filth is grand, even great . They prefer to join you, because they want power, power that is not limited by moral obligations.
But I remember good Erl Arnulf the Redbeard (who was slayed, while fighting the Dark side), the father of my master, say, that evil can never be great. It can be strong, big, ambitious – but it is always rotten, it is always damned. And that your soul is more valuable, than all treasures and all crowns in the world.

We are with the Light – and the Creator. You will not deceive us, that he support your treasonous cause. You will be defeated.

With these words, Sverre Ragnarson spits on the ground, and eyes the Archmage – without respect or fear.

((Blackbishop, I send an Ambassador too. And could you please modify my fort level? You wanted me to remind))

Shah Asad rises up in order to make a statement.

"Qylan! You fool, you've been fed lies! Why should I turn my back against the light? It is true that the Darkness may be powerful, but look what happened to you! Lords, look at Qylan now. Do you want to end up like a hideous beast? Even the dragons cry at what happened to you! They're coming to take you out of your misery! I can't stop your madness, so I draw the line here.

I swear my allegiance to the Light no matter what happens."

Last edited:
Gerald of Westelli heaved his broad shoulder into the door. Again and again as he heard the cries of his men outside. He studied it looking in vein for the reason it would not open.

"Damn you!" He hollered at the door as he rammed his shoulder against it again. He grasped the great handle, then released it suddenly, reeling backward as the great handles turned into large snakes, foaming venom dripping from their fangs. The Lord-Commander turned to Qylan and the other Dark followers at the head of the Assembly. "Damn you I say! I curse you! Cowards I name you! You would use magic and a false peace to disarm us?! Pah! Kill me as best you can, I'll take you with my bare hands if need be!"

The empty eyes of Adelbert Von Knapsen surveyed the room.

"The Dark will wash over you all. You will be cleansed in the Holy Dark. The land must be purged, purified. Balance will be restored from the ashes of this old world..."

Ivar stares at Adelbert, remembering for a moment before he were himself. He walks up to Adelbert Von Knapsen, grabs him by the collar and slams him into the wall and screams with all his might.

- "WAKE UP!" And he punches him in the face.

Ivar stares at Adelbert, remembering for a moment before he were himself. He walks up to Adelbert Von Knapsen, grabs him by the collar and slams him into the wall and screams with all his might.

- "WAKE UP!" And he punches him in the face.

Knapsen blinks.

"The Dark.... Will purify all... The world will burn...."

Ivar grabs a hold of Knapsens skull and stares into his eyes.

- "You are not alone brother! No man should ever be alone." he started whispering. "No man should be without a will or soul. Oh Unnamed one, may you guide this one to Eftirheim so he may be with his family." and he prepares to break Von Knapsens neck.

First Love​

35xs.png

He had found her in a crater in the middle of a field. The grass was singed and the soil rock hard. It wasn’t a normal fire he had told her. It had come from within. Eylinn studied her nails as she tried to come to her senses.
“Warm...” She turned her hand. “Cold.” Alvon continued with how her face had been covered in blood, and she could feel the clots remaining in her nose. “Who saw...?”

“No one. I went alone looking for you. Your sister would not stop pestering me.” Her clothes were unscathed. She was unscathed. It was the weirdest thing. The army had moved without obstacles for two days since Eylinn and Saladin’s emissary had agreed to a peace. She was just out to look for suitable grazing. Even horses need food.
“A whole day, you say?” Alvon nodded, with his ever so blank expression. “We need to get to that assembly. The army can return home. Just make sure Evhana is told to stay put in the carriage this time. No games, for now is not the time.”

“Will you not wave her off?” Eylinn gave him a begrudging look.
“She would never leave if she saw me like this. The poor thing worries too much, even though she’d never admit it.”
“Be glad someone does.”
“Unlike you?” She teased, but Alvon took no notice. He just left. Now alone, she started to experiment with her newfound powers. A thin bolt passed between her fingers and startled her. It felt, but it was far away from anything painful. She tried again, but nothing happened. She could feel the disturbance of the light in her chest, but that wasn’t the worrying thing. “Dark magic, like Barumin...” She thought there at least would have been some room for options. There was only one person she knew that could possibly give her the answers she needed. “The Archmage will be at the assembly...” She looked towards her bag and the tiny piece of cloth therein. “Too dangerous.”

They started their journey at noon, well after the army had started its march for north. A raven arrived at dusk, with tales of kingly crowns and bribes for peace. It mattered to her no more. War was over, and more important matters were at hand. All left now was grieving, and a burning Wilds.

They slowed down their horses to get some distance from the party. Eylinn needed some privacy when discussing matters of the realm, and she didn’t know who would listen or how they would react if they heard.
“We can’t overlook it Alvon. When the war with the Nords is over, what are we supposed to do? Are we to assume the other Galadrien rulers will remain passive? There’s only one crown to be had, but considering how the Steward seems to hand them out without scrutiny, he might just hand out two without even noticing. We would never have peace then.”

“This is way over my pay grade, Therain.” She glared at him without remorse waiting for him to continue.
“I could give you a raise.” She looked down the saddle, following the motions of the dirt in the periphery as the leather remained constant. It was making her dizzy. “I just wondered if you’d have an idea on where to take it from here.”
“There’s only one person I’d call my queen. I don’t think farther than that, nor do I feel the need to.” Her cheeks turned red, hoping he would be as insecure about it as she was.

“There’s only one real candidate, Alvon. I have enough troubles with keeping three small vassals in a canyon from going at each other’s throat. Or mine for that matter.” She let out a sigh. “Armas is the one with the words, and the mind, for fair politics.” Alvon snorted, clearly appalled by her opinion. It didn’t make it any less true, however. The thought of going home and actually rule was chasing her like a predator in the wilds. It kept looking for her most vulnerable spots, striking without remorse when she least expected it. “Don’t you sometimes wish someone else was doing this? Riding all over the continent in the most farfetched expeditions imaginable, burden themselves with the lives of thousands? With the whole world? I just wish we’d have a moment’s respite, just once.” Alvon turned his head towards hers.

“For someone that feels so burdened with her task, you sure do take lightly on who you’d be ready to pass it over to. Would you wish this life on your sister?” No, Eylinn had never thought about it that way.
“Are we having this discussion again? I’m not...”
“Well, it’s your own bloody choice. Either you steel yourself and do this without all the sentimental drivel or you actually plan properly for the future and make another heir.” Eylinn turned quiet. If he only knew...

“It’s not always that easy, Alvon.” Fifteen minutes of silence would ensue, both equally disturbed by the words spoken by the other. It wouldn’t have been so awkward if they only had been strangers, but sometimes, that’s how they viewed each other. She imagined it to be so, and she hated it. She didn’t want to think of Alvon as a stranger just to escape a difficult subject. He was the last person she had left she could fully trust, who knew all there was to know about her. Almost everything. “Alvon...” He needed to know. “...I need to tell you something.”

The harp’s gentle notes were escaping the Great Hall. Such a serene melody, filled with joyous autumn tones it was. Eylinn was walking towards them when she saw Miras leaning against the opening. They had achieved a level of cordial and mutual distaste of each other over the past year. A fortunate thing, she thought, since four weeks from now, they would begin spending the rest of eternity together. To have some common ground to start with was a step in the right direction.

“Enjoying the performance?” She leaned herself to the opposite side of him, crossing her arms looking at the source of the music. Her sister Evhana was practicing dance under their father’s eager supervision. His face reeked with pride, she could tell. A broad smile etched into his face. It made Eylinn so happy to see him glad.
“She has great skill, your sister. Evhana will become a better lady than you one day.”

“She most definitely will.” Eylinn rested her head towards the door frame, following the motion of her sister’s hands. She was proud of her too. It was a beautiful display.
“Why don’t you join her? It couldn’t hurt.”
“I think I chased away three tutors before my father gave up. Dancing never was in my blood to begin with. Swordfight made more sense. At least it has a more... definite ending.” She could feel him eyeing her, but she didn’t care. She was used to it now.
“I won’t have any swords in our chamber. I hope that’s understood.” Her ears turned red, and her eyes narrowed. She would still not look at him.

“Understood, milord.”
“Unlike you, swordfight never interested me. The comfort of one’s court is all I felt necessary to protect myself. To compromise and delegate, even seduction and flattery was always my creed. My father taught me everything he could, and then I just picked up from there.” He never lied or tried to deceive Eylinn from what she could tell. She assumed he didn’t feel the need to, and he was his honest self around her. A pity she found his true self so appalling.

“I never came around to thank you, milord.” Miras raised his eyebrows, clearly confused. “First time I saw you, I felt really lucky. A handsome young man, with such a flattering tongue was more than I could ever hope for. You could have kept that facade, and who knows what would have happened? I would probably have fallen in love, and when I’ve finally got to know you, you would have broken my heart. Showing your true self the very first time we met, only a moment after you had me impressed, before I could even develop a crush, is probably the nicest gift you could have ever given me.”
“That was unexpected. In four weeks, I might discover you’re not actually made of stone under all that clothing. It will be a privilege to be the first to warm you up.”

“Don’t get too excited. You know as well as I do that this, between us, will never be more than politics. Once I’ve conceive, we won’t even have to share the same room ever again.” She indulged herself to a spiteful smile. “Practically celibate. How will you ever survive?”
“Maybe your sister is more susceptible?” Eylinn looked at him, her hate at the boiling point. “Don’t force my hand, fairest maiden of the Earth. But I will not be toyed with. An older man’s influence, well versed in words and charm, against such a young naïve girl? I don’t even have to spell it out for you, do I?” He met her glare, his time to be spiteful. “I wouldn’t ever settle with a peasant mistress. Besides, you would enjoy abstaining as little as I would. I know what makes you tick, and I will only learn more. Play me for a fool, and I will answer tenfold, until your life is nothing but a husk spat from the maws of hell.”

“Extorting your future wife...” She turned her head away from him in disgust, again occupying herself with the performance. “A real class act, aren’t you? How brave you must feel when you go to bed at night.” She hissed. “How chivalrous.” Miras reached for a lock from her hair, and brushed it gently behind her ear as he inhaled her scent.

“In four weeks, my love. No more games. Let’s make the best of it. You will learn to enjoy it, so just give it some time.”
“I can hardly wait.” Her skin had turned crimson with bottled up rage. Miras walked away and left her alone to listen to the music. A thousand thoughts were rushing through her mind, but they slowly disappeared one by one. Watching her family made Eylinn calm, and made all effort worth it. The more she told herself this, the truer it became. Afterall, she wasn’t doing this for herself. There was a bright future ahead, as long as they were around. She had the privilege to ensure her family’s well-being through a safe marriage that would bring two generations of peace in the Chasm. To overlook that would just be selfish. There was nothing she wouldn’t do if it would make them happy. Nothing. She turned around to return to her chambers.

Eylinn sat on her bed and read a book about Imperial warfare. Tactics and strategies; both which were crucial to her education. Her father entered the room just as she was about to finish the chapter about the square formation. His face was clad with a tired smile.
“Your sister is a natural. The rhythm and harmonies all came to her as if she was a Goddess in disguise. Did you see her?” Eylinn answered his smile, happy to see him at peace.
“I saw. It was very soothing. One couldn’t possibly think we were siblings at this point.” Galimon’s smile disappeared, and so was Eylinn’s. She returned to her book.

“Your mother could sense your sister coming; did I ever tell you that?” Eylinn shook her head. “’They will be so alike’, she said. We even ordered bridal dresses in different colours to make sure we could distinguish the two of you. Speaking of brides, it’s only four weeks left ‘till you’ll be standing there. How is it faring with Miras?” Galimon sat down beside her.
“It’s... well. He’s a charming man.” She didn’t want to trouble him. She hadn’t yet, and wasn’t planning to start anytime soon.
“A good outcome of an unfortunate situation then. It was never my intention to marry you within the realm, or your sister. I had hoped for a catch more grand. You deserve a higher standing husband than the heir of a simple baron.” She just kept reading.
“I don’t mind.” She felt as if the room was shrinking.

“I hope you will treat him well. You’re not a little girl anymore. He will be doing a lot of work, and we can’t have you jumping around, scouring the countryside on your little expeditions like when you were a child. You really need to be there for him, and support him.” Now she shrank.
“I promise to be good to him, father.”

“It makes me glad to hear you say that.” She smiled. “The flame of Barumin is strong within you. Much stronger than it is in me.” He knit his hands and placed them in his lap. “It was hushed out with your mother’s passing. A terrible gale...” Galimon stared with empty eyes on nothing in particular. Eylinn just kept reading. His hand reached over her in a half embrace. “Your eyes look tired. It does not become such a pretty girl as yourself. You need to sleep through the nights.”

“Father, I really need to read. Could we... please not do this today?” He closed the book and removed it from her hands. She had her answer. “Please? I don’t really...” He moved closer to her. Eylinn didn’t move at all. She knew he needed her so bad.
Her father moved his hand from her shoulder and grabbed the soft skin on the side of her neck, moving his fingers in a determined motion over her throat. He tilted her head to the side and kissed her earlobe. His other hand moved to her arm, and with soft motions he raised it up and down. Not hard enough to sense anything but the fabric of her nightgown. He moved his mouth to her cheek, only stroking her skin. He tightened his grip, pushing into her windpipe.

“Father... You’re... Hurting... Me...” He paid no heed.
“Take off your clothes, let me look at you.” She unbuttoned the top of her nightgown, and Galimon proceeded to pull her shoulder down, placing his hand on her breast. It was cold, unpleasant, but he needed this. Anything to save him from his sadness. She just didn’t want to move. He didn’t need her to. She forced herself to breathe harder, just to get enough air through her partially obstructed airways. Her heart responded to her hastening respiration, increasing in frequency, like an escalating drum. He moved his mouth to her neck, gently rubbing it against her pounding jugular. Her hot blood flowed in an even rising beat, warming his lips through the skin as he kissed it. She made a painful grimace.
“Don’t wrinkle your nose. It will make the face age faster.” Eylinn obeyed, trying to relax her muscles. It made it more comfortable. Her father was right, as always. It wouldn’t continue for much longer now anyway.

Then her father did something he had never done before, not even once since he had started visiting her at night. He lifted her legs up in his lap.
“Father, what...” He removed his hand from her breast and started to slide it up her thigh, up through her gown, until he reached it. While tightening his grip around her neck, he started to caress her. She could feel the blood racing through her body like an impatient river in spring. A deep thud was repeating itself inside her head, relentless, and the temperature was rising. She felt it widen, she felt it running, and she had no control. “Please...” He kissed her mouth to silence her, before leaving her head against the pillow. He finally let her windpipe go, and she drew a deep breath of relief. She started to shake. It had been uncomfortable enough before, but this was on a whole other scale. “Father...” He moved her legs apart. “No...” She closed them, only to have him separate them again. “Listen, no...” She tried to look at him, but he refused to answer it in kind.

“We need to make sure your husband is well met...” There was so much sadness in his eyes; yet, his face looked so empty of emotions whatsoever. Exhausted by his very being. As if he was fighting himself, in this very moment, and just needed an escape. She was there for him; it was all she wanted, but this...
“Father... You can’t... What if you... What if something takes root?”
“I won’t let it go that far...”
“But...” He wouldn’t listen. “It’s dangerous. It would invite Darkness into the child. It... Into our house... Please, no more...” He finally ceased, his face distorted with grief. “Father, please... Don’t...”
“You’re right. No horror would be greater. What was I thinking?”
“I can finish... Please, don’t cry...”

“No, no...” His tears were unending, and it pained her so. He smiled at her, and it broke her heart. “Forgive me, I will leave. It’s no worse than anything that can’t wait another night. I’ll go to bed...” Her frightened eyes followed him as he left the room. She lied down, staring into the wall with no aim in sight. She started to rub her arm before pulling her unbuttoned nightgown to a close around her.

She felt the sheets, wet. Her gown, wet. She wanted to remove them, throw them away, but she just lied there still. The room was becoming smaller for each second, and the colours descended into something putrid. Hostile, carnivorous, they were coming for her. She squint her eyes and started to sob. “Why?” His touch was still fresh in mind, and it wouldn’t leave. She could feel it all over her body, and she crawled together as close as she could. “Why are you crying?” A faint voice of her own spoke to her from inside. Determined, confident, so much unlike herself. It made sure to say the exact opposite of how she felt or wished for it to speak. “You liked it.” She cried harder, her whole body shaking. Eylinn felt unclean, covered in stains that would never disappear. “You’re so fucking selfish.” She felt selfish, wailing in the night like a little child when her father was in such desperate need of comfort? What kind of daughter was she? All she could think of was her own pain, her own welfare, when all he needed was... “You.” ...her.

She hid her face in the pillow, rocking her head in an attempt to wipe the remnants of his saliva from her skin. It was gone. “Still there, you little whore.” It felt like it reappeared, yet she knew it wasn’t true. She gave up. She would do like all the other nights since he first came forty eight weeks ago, right after her bath. She would take the suffering and have it be gone before morning. All was well. It was a very, very small price to pay to keep her family happy.

“Evhana...” Eylinn stopped the tears for a moment, thinking about her father’s eyes in the Great Hall that day. The look on his face as he had watched her dance. “He needs us both.”

Alvon’s eyes were larger than they ever had been; shocked by the revelation she had given him. Eylinn was not surprised.
“I snuck the poison into his tea that same morning. I didn’t want Evhana to suffer through that burden too. She was... Is, only a child. Father just never recovered from mother’s death.” She saw something she had never seen before. Clear, open emotions radiating from Alvon’s face. Even a tear had escaped down his cheek. She wondered how much he hated her right now, how he’d been forcing himself to follow such a disgrace.

“He... Loved us, very much. It’s just... I don’t think he loved us the right way.” She looked away. “I don’t know if I did...” The breeze over the grassy plains brought a wave of sand over the horizon, and the sunrays reflected a warm tapestry of sparks as the grains flew by. Even in this heat, in this day and age, the Light would bless the land. “I failed my father. As a daughter, as an heir, as a bride to his proposed groom. And it’s just that, Alvon. From that point forward, through that year, I could no longer look at boys without... It just hurts. Not ache, just hurt. If I’m going to stand any chance to redeem myself as a ruler...”

She looked back at Alvon. His face had turned to something else. She couldn’t tell if it was anger, or something else. “The next time we’re home, we can start looking for a husband. I guess I just need to grow up, put my failure behind me and hoping it won’t repeat itself.” Alvon turned his head forward, no longer looking at her.

“Alvon, I’m... Why won’t you say anything? I really need you to tal...” He spurred his horse before she had a chance to finish her sentence. “Alvon! Wait!” He disappeared among the guards ahead of them. She couldn’t blame him. A patricide, and a shame to her house. He must have felt really foolish following her all these years. But it didn’t stop her from feeling utterly broken. She was alone now, not for the first time, and probably not for the last time either. All she could do was leaving the little trust she had left for anyone to the only person who may be able to answer her questions.

“It’s good that you poisoned him.” She turned around. Alvon had snuck around, returning to her side. “For I would have taken a long, long time ending him.” She burst into tears of joy and embraced him from horseback. It was finally over. She wouldn’t have to face her journey alone after all. Had it not been for him returning there and then, she would have read the letter that came that evening much differently. Dragons, fire, the final assembly. The Orc. The Archmage...

“We have everything in common. We believed in the same ideals, we were ready to act in the same way, I followed him. Trusted him.” The death of her men, and the men she had them kill, all helped speed up destiny, to invite the second coming of Darkness. “It consumed him.” She looked over at Alvon with a smile. “Let’s ride out with our brethren and cure him.”

Eylinn Mindrilla of Green Chasm joins the Light from outside the assembly.

Last edited:
The alarms outside grew louder. The panicked cries beyond the door had become clearer despite the frenzy within the hall. The clear cry of the door-guards on the other side of the entrance rang in the ears of all in the Assembly.

"Dragons! Dragons!"

89003895_640x383_8647_The_Dragons_Attack_2d_fantasy_dragons_army_castle_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Wrothiron had been staring silently, impassively at the Archmage's transformation. He seemed still and eternal as stone. But when he heard this cry, his stoic façade cracked.

His one good eye gleamed. Beneath his long white beard, the corner of his mouth twitched. He could not contain himself. He began to chuckle. Then he was doubled over, roaring with laughter.

He straightened himself. Fell glee gleamed in his eye, and he threw his arms wide. Light gleamed off his mail, steel infused with gold. His laughter grew louder and wilder.

"Dragons! And why not? That only was wanting." Still laughing, he looked the demonic form of the former elf in the eye. "Bring them! Bring all your fury and all your tricks! It makes no difference. Still you will fall, sure as stone."

Saladin slowly stood he turned and looked straight at Qylan, or what he had been. The ex-Archmage held the Sultan's stare however Saladin turned his gaze beyond him to Ra'Gru, Chief of the Orcs. His decision had been made for him the moment the Orc King had joined Qylan.

"My Lords, I will stand with the Light. My brother and the united Army of Misr are camped beneath the walls of this city. The Archmage and his accomplices will not leave the Golden City alive!"

Misr stands with the Light.

Ivar grabs a hold of Knapsens skull and stares into his eyes.

- "You are not alone brother! No man should ever be alone." he started whispering. "No man should be without a will or soul. Oh Unnamed one, may you guide this one to Eftirheim so he may be with his family." and he prepares to break Von Knapsens neck.

Qylan now towered over every member of the Assembly. Spines began to protrude from the back of his armour, and his blackened face become elongated in a snout. With a great flap of his growing wings, a rush of air, rank and putrid, blew the Nord Ambassador back across the hall. The raspy voice, no longer resembling anything of that of man and mir, croaked through the fangs of the new form that used to be the ArchMage.

"You dare to tamper with my thrall, he is bound to me, and owes a life debt, for I saved him. Yesss.... I spared his life, therefore it is mine. A kindness that I will not extend to any of you."

Armas took several steps in the direction of the growing monstrosity that was the ArchMage, light pulsing from his hands.

"Did you not fight for the rights of men to be free for these past few years? Now you enforce a life debt on an innocent man who you only see as a "thrall". It should be clear to everyone, if the physical changes were not enough, that you are just a sad puppet of the Dark One. His life is his own, and you will release him!"