• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wildbillhdmax01

Lt. General
129 Badges
Jun 11, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Island Bound
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Darkest Hour
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
What's the point of Dies Irae Götterdämmerung if It can't be used in FTM or TFH? I got Dies Irae Götterdämmerung With all other DLC and expansions on Steam which came with SFI and FTM. (Back in 2012) So I never got to use it. I've taken a look at it and it looks great. I love the Idea of a new UI. So why sell it if you can only use it with SFI? I can understand for people who only have SFI, but who really still only have SFI? Most people got FTM a long time ago and now most have TFH.

DI:G and DI:S&S were created by an independent contractor as mods for a specific expansion only. There was no agreement to keep them updated. This issue has been discussed ad nauseam in the to DI threads. The contractor hasn't been seen on the HOI3 forum for quite some time and only he has the rights to update them for public use. I doubt if Paradox will use that business model again.

If you are looking for a good German immersion mod try [h=2][MOD] Deutsche Wehrmacht Immersion Mod Version 1.2[/h]It is in the other mods section. Pretty darn good mod.

You can still play it, you just have to use the hoi3.exe instead of the launcher or the tfh.exe.

Didn't work. 1 was a FTM launcher which let me choose Dies Irae Götterdämmerung or Dies Irae Stars & Stripes Spritepack. It crashed. All other just lunched TFH or FTM. Also I would like to be able to play it through Steam.

DI:G and DI:S&S were created by an independent contractor as mods for a specific expansion only. There was no agreement to keep them updated. This issue has been discussed ad nauseam in the to DI threads. The contractor hasn't been seen on the HOI3 forum for quite some time and only he has the rights to update them for public use. I doubt if Paradox will use that business model again.

If you are looking for a good German immersion mod try [h=2][MOD] Deutsche Wehrmacht Immersion Mod Version 1.2[/h]It is in the other mods section. Pretty darn good mod.

Taking a look. Thank you very much! What a shame. Did Paradox ever admit to that? Also why don't they ever take it down from sale?

Taking a look. Thank you very much! What a shame. Did Paradox ever admit to that? Also why don't they ever take it down from sale?

Nothing to admit to. The mods were sold for those specific expansions and say so. And there are still people who only have or play the old expansions so they are for sale. But there has been a lot of grief towards PI from people not reading before buying or making an assumption that the DLC would be upgraded for future expansions. There was never a commitment to that. But from a PR standpoint I would guess that PI either won't license indies, too many free mods out there.

If you are looking for a good German immersion mod try [MOD] Deutsche Wehrmacht Immersion Mod Version 1.2

It is in the other mods section. Pretty darn good mod.
I've never seen an offcial statement of any Paradox employee on this one. So I'm curious where this statement is taken from?

As I would wonder if Paradox Interactive would be different to other publishers and not take the whole Intellectual Property when releasing things like this DLC's..
Maybe if your name is Markus Persson and you build minecraft and want to do #2.. But as a little modding team? :D

DWI is a nice mod too, but for people looking in special for DI:G with TFH there is:
[Sub-mod][TFH] Dies Irae Vorwärts Panzers!

## Thank you ##

MOD team : Gamer_1745

Thank you. : Thaegen / Devildread

thanks for comment or bug report : amalric de g. / -ODIN- / RickR / ar73 / marwis / Gamer_1745 / LegionX / kasz2

## Screenshort ##

DiesIraevwp015a.jpg

DiesIraevwp015b.jpg

DiesIraevwp016.jpg

DiesIraevwp06.jpg

DiesIraevwp04s.jpg

The old DIG thread is here:
[Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] Report thread
IIRC all infos how to get it running can be found in this 2 threads. You just have to read them.
While offcially DIG was only patched to FTM, with sowosos submod it is also possible to play with TFH and the nice extra work from Thaegen and him on top.

Cheers,
Chromos

Chromos - this issue came up back in the Di threads. Someone wanted to update them on his own. Pretty sure it was Podcat who confirmed that anyone who wanted to update the 2 DI's for open use would have to get the author's permission.

Chromos - this issue came up back in the Di threads. Someone wanted to update them on his own. Pretty sure it was Podcat who confirmed that anyone who wanted to update the 2 DI's for open use would have to get the author's permission.
Hi Meglok,

to my knowledge there was never an offciall statement made on this topic by any PI or PDS employee.
I knew only one forumite who claimed that it is the way you also wrote, but I can't find the post.
If you look in the [Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] Report thread for such info, you won't find any. Only Darkrenown posted some advice how to get the DLC working. :)

And the other guy who was going to make a TFH compatibel version was xxgodsmack.
Look for the info here: DI:G Updated (To TFH)

But anyway, with "Dies Irae Vorwärts Panzers!" you have a Mod that makes DI:G not only compatible with TFH but expands the DLC even some further.

Cheers,
Chromos

To be honest that's pretty crappy of paradox to continue making money out of their fans by continuing to sell "mods" that dont play. Has no one heard of consumer protection? Bethesda got hammered in Australia for breaching consumer rights.

I bought hoi3 yesterday on steam with all DLC and I looked at DiG thinking that looks amazing, it didnt cost me much but principle is, if you sell a product it should still be avalable to play. So yeah I cant play this official mod, it must be official if its included in the price of the game.

Does TFH include all expansions or does it exclude some of the previous expansions features. I'm very confused about what I'm actually getting for my monies worth. If I play TFH do I miss out on Semper fi and motherland features or do I need to launch each one as if they are different games and not expansions of vanilla?

Any explanation would be amazing thank you.

To be honest that's pretty crappy of paradox to continue making money out of their fans by continuing to sell "mods" that dont play. Has no one heard of consumer protection? Bethesda got hammered in Australia for breaching consumer rights.

I bought hoi3 yesterday on steam with all DLC and I looked at DiG thinking that looks amazing, it didnt cost me much but principle is, if you sell a product it should still be avalable to play. So yeah I cant play this official mod, it must be official if its included in the price of the game.

Does TFH include all expansions or does it exclude some of the previous expansions features. I'm very confused about what I'm actually getting for my monies worth. If I play TFH do I miss out on Semper fi and motherland features or do I need to launch each one as if they are different games and not expansions of vanilla?

Any explanation would be amazing thank you.

Sorry I also found out that some Sprite packs that cost money too are incompatable with TFH !?

TFH does include all of the previous fixes, some things were removed as being "too gamey" (the lower neutrality being tops, as I recall) and certain other functions being nerfed. Those sprite packs and the mods are another matter though. You could copy your game to a new folder and reinstall each game level for the various versions.

TFH does include all of the previous fixes, some things were removed as being "too gamey" (the lower neutrality being tops, as I recall) and certain other functions being nerfed. Those sprite packs and the mods are another matter though. You could copy your game to a new folder and reinstall each game level for the various versions.

Thanks for the info amigo i'm gonna have a look at it but I'm not to savvy with modding which adds frustration from me to paradox as it seems to me they dont give a carp about this game and rely to much on modders to fix their sith. I'll probably go back to darkest hour at least it's more stable more care put in to the mods. If people can do that in their spare time for an older version of the game then why does a company that does this professionaly not fix their games properly. Been ripped off by games studios far to often now and I'm sure it's not just me. Anyway rant over I can keep my fingers crossed that some one some where will come back to this game and fix it. Or maybe reimburse money spent of mods and gif packs that dont work. Arggg.