• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JJDXB

Captain
60 Badges
Dec 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Gaulish Invasion v0.11

ejmTvlh.png

Compatible with 1.111

Further information on compatability below​

Short Mod Intro:

In the county of Auvergne, strange reports emerge of warriors from the past...

Features:
-Playable Gaulish rulers
-Gaulish culture
-Gauls can take concubines
-Gaulish pagan religion which can be reformed
-Invasion enabled to happen between 950 and 1200

NOTE: if you want to trigger it at any point, the event name is "gallic.1"

Screenshots:
KnZS7DW.jpg

3MaAom3.jpg

ARCQZAT.jpg

eMA2aUV.jpg

Future Plans:
-On reasonable hiatus, but I intend to keep the mod as it is compatible with future patches.

Compatibility:
Should be compatible with any mod that doesn't change the map provinces number.

Changelog:
v0.1 :
-Original

v0.11:
-Now compatible with patch 1.111
-Added a decision "Honour Sucellus" to add piety, like the donation to the patriarchy
-Added a Gaulish Tribesman retinue

Credits:
-Shaytana for most of the Gaulish names from his Lux Invicta mod
-Nivve for his assistance in many issues
-superskierpat for ideas
-Caesar01 for French localisations

This is my first mod, so any and all feedback and tips are welcome.

Downloads:
View attachment GaulishInvasion.rar

Author's Note:
This mod is more or less compatible with 2.04, except for some bugs with decisions and CBs, most likely due to the updates SoA brought. I'm rather pressed for time to work on this mod to fully update it, so anybody is welcome to take a crack at doing so.

Last edited:
This seems awesome! I am getting ready to try it out with vanilla and title generator. How strong are they?

This seems awesome! I am getting ready to try it out with vanilla and title generator. How strong are they?

They have the same number of troops the Seljuks start out with, about 35 000. I've changed the composition though, so you won't get stomped by horse archers

Isn't it 'Gallic', not 'Gaulish'?

Both are correct; Gallic and Gaulish both refer to the Gauls/Gaul area/Things relating to the word "Gaul". You might be confusing it with "Gaelic", which refers to Ireland and some of Scotland.

Yeah. Celtic, Gaulish and Gallic are all variations of exactly the same word, referring to a specific group of peoples in what is today the middle band of France

Haha this is awesome, feel free to take any flavor events you want from Ancient Religions, a lot of the events are based on brythonic or gaelic lore, but the divination and holy order events should probably be fine.

Thank you :D

I realised how little information there was on specific Gaulish customs, so I'll probably have to nick a few of yours

(in fact, you might recall me asking if you were planning on adding Gaulish paganism ;) )

I've just tried this mod and something seems to be wrong- when I force peace on French king, lands of Aquitaine become mine for a second and then they become fractured (every single province/duchy becomes independent).

BTW- How about creating Roman invasion mod? :p

I've just tried this mod and something seems to be wrong- when I force peace on French king, lands of Aquitaine become mine for a second and then they become fractured (every single province/duchy becomes independent).

BTW- How about creating Roman invasion mod? :p

Yeah... I just tested it and you're right. Something's wrong with my CB.

I checked to see if it worked with a King of Aquitaine, and it does work.

Otherwise, since you're starting past 867 and I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix this, use the other events file as per the OP

Last edited:
Yeah... I just tested it and you're right. Something's wrong with my CB.

I checked to see if it worked with a King of Aquitaine, and it does work.

Otherwise, since you're starting past 867 and I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix this, use the other events file as per the OP

I guess that problem is with fact that Vercingetorix has 0 directly controlled provinces after victory. Maybe winning Aquitaine could give all provinces of different religion to him? I'm getting claims on every holding in Aquitaine nonetheless.

They have the same number of troops the Seljuks start out with, about 35 000. I've changed the composition though, so you won't get stomped by horse archers

Yeah. Celtic, Gaulish and Gallic are all variations of exactly the same word, referring to a specific group of peoples in what is today the middle band of France

Thank you :D

I realised how little information there was on specific Gaulish customs, so I'll probably have to nick a few of yours

(in fact, you might recall me asking if you were planning on adding Gaulish paganism ;) )
Ahh yes I do! Well if you develop an interesting gaulish religion here, I would not be opposed to adding it in ACR xD (I just want to keep my efforts on more varied religions.)

Hope this stays updated, used, and eventually can be converted to EU, also, sadly, I think Viet is incompatible, so while it's in my game it can't be used, good luck and I hope there is an invasion from the north eventually even if it's fictional. Subscribed.

Last edited:
I do have plans to update this mod. I've experience a little hurdle over the last few weeks, a problem by the name of Dragon Age. It's only the tip of the iceberg though; I think my interest in CK2 has begun to wane a bit after almost 1800 hours of play...

Heres an idea for flavor; Most of the Gauls believed they were descended from Dis Pater (Sucellus, Donn, Beli Mawr, take your pick), It could be interesting for the leader of this invasion to have a bloodline trait claiming that he is a direct descendent of this god.

Thanks, I'll add that to my to do list. :happy:

I do have plans to update this mod. I've experience a little hurdle over the last few weeks, a problem by the name of Dragon Age. It's only the tip of the iceberg though; I think my interest in CK2 has begun to wane a bit after almost 1800 hours of play...

Thanks, hope you can do this as your last breath =D.

Don't worry friend, don't force it, it will come back, it always does.

I've just gotten straight back into it after taking a couple months break myself :D