• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Warchief Ra'Gru will send his champion Bagamu of Goi'Orka with Emir Asad on the quest for the Library, in return for a part of the books and scrolls gathered there.

((After some consideration, and some advice from my fellow Lords of Light, I have decided that the vassals of Jarls, Therons, dukes, and underkings, will be largely passive. This means that crowned players will receive an immediate boost to their army size by 1000 troops as well as tax revenue. Furthermore, the behavior of the vassals will be controlled by their liege/player rather than a random die roll.

So vassal revolts will be limited to player ICs, thus creating some cool stories while keeping the flow of the game moving forward.))

Saladin begin speaking:

"Lords of Light, I hereby announce my agreement to the Compact for Slave Trade Control should the Archmage agree to it as well. I also announce that my brother and Champion Najm al-Din Ayyubid will partake in the quest to the Great Library of Hroniden in exchange for part of the books and knowledge gathered there."

Najm al-Din will join the quest to the Great Library of Hroniden
Shah Saladin agrees to the Compact for Slave Trade Control should the Archmage agree
Shah Saladin will betroth his daughter to Emir Rostani's second son

I approve of the Compact for Slave Trade.

This is an excellent compromise to the issue of slavery.

House Krestarii will build a Manor in Golden City
House Krestarii will send its Champion on the quest for the Library

Last edited:
Yarpen syn Światowida will send his champion Zawisza syn Sulibora on the quest to the Great Library of Hroniden

Compact for Slave Trade Control:
1- All Slave Raids into Elven Territory are to cease.
-This will be enforce by the navies, and armies of those signing the Compact
-Any Slaves captured by these raids after the signing of the Compact are to be freed
-This is to be enforced by slave charters, kept by an unbiased third party
2- Mistreatment of Slaves is now Illegal
-Beating, rape, and killing of Slaves is now Illegal
-Those in violation will be fined an amount totaling 5 chests of gold per incident
Secret Clause that only Lords of Agorath can view
3-Promise for gradual abolishment of the slave trade
-All signatures of the Compact will work towards the abolishment of the Slave Trade

Yay

I would also like to remind all lords about complete ban on slavery in Starostwo Mahakamskie
Code:
[B]Elder Council of Mahakam passes a new law. Every slave entering the territory of Mahakam is considered a free man. Anyone trying to unrightfully take away someone's freedom is considered an enemy of the state and will be hanged without a trial.[/B]

Last edited:
Kvothe Kalare of house Kalare orders the upgrading of our manor into an Embassy, as we have grown on rank we need more space to accomodate new guest and our new vassal diplomatic corp.

House Kalare upgrade its manor to an embassy

Regarding the quest to the library in exchange from some scrolls and book we will join:

Kvothe Kalare sends his new champion Brencis Kalare to the quest of Asad Imad Rostani in exchange for books and scrolls from the library

Treaty Of Mutual Friendship between The Kalare Family and the Stronghelm Family

1.The only son and heir Kalare family: Javert Kalare shall marry Lyanna Stronghelm of the Stronghelm family
--Clause 1.a) The second child born from this marriage shall be from the Stronghelm Dynasty as Lyanna is second to succession in the Stronghelm Province and this are dangerous times.
--This marriage guarantees full military alliance between both houses
2. Mutual Trade between the Stronghelm Province and the Kalare City states and its territories and vassals.
3. The merchants from The Stronghelm province and the Kalare City states and its territories and vassals shall trade freely between each other.
5. Both parties shall protect traders from either party from bandits, looters, and other criminals.

[x] Jarl Kvothe Kalare from the Kalare city states and its territories
[] Arl Arnulf Stronghelm

Armas looked up and saw Eylinn’s look of disappointment. He then began writing something on a piece of parchment. When he finishes he hands it to one of his aids who takes it over to Eylinn.

Mistress Eylinn, I can see the look of disappointment in your eyes, and for that I am sorry. You have to understand that there simply are not enough supporters for us to try to abolish slavery, by vote or by the sword. You are idealistic and passionate in your pursuit of what is right, and believe me, I appreciate that, I was like that once. Maybe as you get older you will understand that the real world doesn’t work that way, as much as we would like it to.

Should it come to war you know that I will fight for what is right, but we shouldn’t force one that we cannot win. The compact offers us a chance to at least start to move towards the abolition of slavery. While there are many holes in the proposal, which I think we have both recognized, it is a good start, and every slaver that signs it is acknowledging that slavery is wrong. The compact certainly won’t make life worse for a slave.

But if we want to make their lives better, then we should sign the compact. I disagree with your opinion that it is acknowledging slavery as legal, look anywhere in the Golden City, slavery is already legal. If we sign it we will have a say in enforcing its clauses against the other slaver lords, people who would otherwise ignore them. As a signatory we will also be able to push for the abolition of slavery sooner. Refusing to sign does not help anyone, trying to get slavery abolished at this point is untenable even if it is the right thing to do.

I hope that you at least understand why I have signed it, even if you will not do so yourself.

Armas gets up and retires from the Assembly for the night.

Treaty Of Mutual Friendship between The Kalare Family and the Stronghelm Family

1.The only son and heir Kalare family: Javert Kalare shall marry Lyanna Stronghelm of the Stronghelm family
--Clause 1.a) The second child born from this marriage shall be from the Stronghelm Dynasty as Lyanna is second to succession in the Stronghelm Province and this are dangerous times.
--This marriage guarantees full military alliance between both houses
2. Mutual Trade between the Stronghelm Province and the Kalare City states and its territories and vassals.
3. The merchants from The Stronghelm province and the Kalare City states and its territories and vassals shall trade freely between each other.
5. Both parties shall protect traders from either party from bandits, looters, and other criminals.

[x] Jarl Kvothe Kalare from the Kalare city states and its territories

[x] Arl Arnulf Stronghelm

I, Arnulf the Young, Erl of Stronghelm, sign this treaty.

Freedom Rang Through the Mountains​

For his gratitude towards the Elven aid during the war against Corpus, Ra'Gru of Goi'Orka, ruler over the Goi'Orka Clanship, made his first decree as newly appointed WarChief of the Orcs in Highathar, that all Elf slaves were to be freed in his realm. The news created a wave of jubilation throughout the forest, and mountains alike. After years in shackles, stolen from their homes, or simply born into their cast, they were finally masters of their own destiny again.

njo5.png

Clad only in rags, or whatever little supplies the Orcs were willing to send with them, a giant train of ten thousand freed men, women and children started the arduous climb down the mountain, back to their sacred homeland. Gates in all Elven cities were to open their gates and embrace their long lost brothers and sisters.

However, after all years in servitude, some of them turned out to have been irreparably scarred, and instead of gratitude and relief, felt an overwhelming rancor building up towards their non-kin. These most abused of the lot would follow the trail South into Berandrail where its master shared a similar sentiment. But the majority would be heading to the Deep and Northern forest of Galadriel. You could hear their chants many leagues away. “Free, free, we are free at last!”

House Deagrin votes against the Archmage's proposal

House Deagrin votes in favor of the compact

House Deagrin's champion, Deagrin Gilthammer, will accompany the quest against the Dark Elf king

House Deagrin buys a manor in the GC

((I wanted to get these on the record in public))

"Another session of the assembly has been devoured by slavery. No doubt it is a weighty matter, but I cannot help but notice that for all the fury, rancor, and dramatics we once again find ourselves having dealt with very little.

I cannot help but notice that almost all the energy is spent on the discussion of elves in slavery, and most of that on elven girls taken for concubines. No mention is made of humans in their various forms, or orcs bought as gladiators and bodyguards, or that handful of dwarves who find themselves in bondage. And none at all to the continued squalor in the poorer sections of this very city, where some live in conditions as bad as any slave. Nor has any mention been made of the momentous fact that magic is once again a powerful force that can determine the outcome of mighty battles, nor any inquiry made as to why it has suddenly reemerged in our world. That seems like something worthy of at least a mention from the highest mage in the realm. But if he prefers to harangue this body more on the subject of slavery, I defer to his wisdom."

The High Steward, nodded along with Master Wrothiron's address.

"Wisely said, my Lord. Magic has indeed returned to us, can you all not feel it? So far, the only real Light spell witnessed, was that of Captain Jacob, who, after considerable prodding by myself and the Archmage, is largely concerned with gold rather than answering questions.

"What concerns me, and no doubt all of us, is the power of the Dark. We have bore witnessed to a number of powerful spells, chiefly under the Necromancer. There must be a something at work that is actively blocking the Light from returning from the realm, while strengthening the Dark. Please, my Lords, forgive the ArchMage. His home is under siege, and the cause of slavery is an important one to him.

"For now, let us pray that some answers can be found in Hroniden at the ruin of the Great Library. So too may we find answers in investigating the disturbing reports of Dark Elves at work in Galadriel.

"For now, I am afraid Qylan, Keeper of the Light has left the Golden City, and on what purpose, I do not know. For now, let us hope that as strongly as the Dark is returning, so to may the Light."

If it is a question of payment, I would not think any coin spent on buying answers from this Captain Jacob ill spent. Having witnessed the power of his abilities first hand, I think it is of the upmost importance to determine how he came to have them."

Now that the issue of slavery has been silenced for now, I would like to thank the help of those on the quest. I cannot guarantee any success with Wan Shi Tong, the access to scrolls or books you are all asking for, or even finding the library. Countless adventurers, bandits, and scholars have all been rejected by Wan Shi Tong to even move outside the entrance into the library. Even so, we must try, and try we will. We will give it our best, even if it means failure.