• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Justinus Celestian looks at Kvothe Kalare.

"That is serious accusations you raise against a number of houses. All because you captured some agent who said it was so. That is absolutely stupid and without any truth behind it.

- First off I am quite certain that if anyone would scheme, they would never reveal their names to said agent. Only a complete imbecile would do that.
- Secondly even if for some strange reason an agent would know the name of his employer, why should said houses work together? They got little to nothing in common.
- Lastly the name of my own house is mentioned, and I can assure you that if my house at some point ever get involved in a plot, you can be assured that we would be working strawmen, to hire an independent contractor, who would have no knowledge of who asked him to complete his contract.

Perhaps you, Lord Kalare, should sit down before you make more of a fool of yourself, by throwing more wild accusations. Who are the next you will blame for your ill fortune? The Archmage, Ra'Gru or perhaps the Creator or the Dark One?"

Kvothe just looked at justinus Celestian

So you try to deny the hard evidence i have collected? against you and the other lords involved? we have track the sources of the money of the agents, families ties etc. And interrogated many men and woman to verify the information obtained. All written here ! (throw a a box full of documents to the center of the room)

Have you no shame! here look my lords a man that have no shame in his nefarious actions and crimes even when confronted with the truth he simple try to denied it.

At least Lord Coanmel have some sort of honesty to confess he indeed was participation on the plot. Even though his excuse is simple silly The invasion of Mirrorwater was launched soon after the quest departed to the Kilare mountain. There is no evidence i have change behavior from before i got the hammer and after, and worse it forget the fact i have spend all of my time here or campaigning and haven't gone back to Kalare ( were the hammer is stored) until a few weeks ago for the wedding of my daughter.

--You can ask any of the lords that know me from long time i have no been much different from before the hammer acquisition and after, the hammer is simply a Nord relic nothing more, the light priest in Kalare have examined and see no trace of evil presence on it either.

I know Nord ways. If you "interrogate" anyone for long enough with your barbaric methods they will tell you whatever you want to hear so they can be sparred from further suffering and hanged.

I know Nord ways. If you "interrogate" anyone for long enough with your barbaric methods they will tell you whatever you want to hear so they can be sparred from further suffering and hanged.

We have not kill anyone, all agents are well in our prison and no person was harmed in the interrogations as you seem to imply. I don't know what Nord ways you know...but not ours. I still waiting for the other involved lords to accept their crime and confession. All evidence gathered in concise and truth do not Try to say i am faking these accusations!

You speak of evidence but I see no evidence. You may be lying to get your way for all we know.

Saladin quickly stood and began speaking:

"These are serious accusations you make Master Yarpen, lying in the Assembly of Lords is an extremely serious offence and I personally do not believe that Jarl Kalare is lying. I believe that most of his information is true and I, Saladin I, Shah of Hroniden, therefore demand that all lords either prove their innocence or explain their actions."

After negotiations with interested parties, House Krestarii would like to propose the fallowing compact in order to hopefully avoid civil war:

Compact for Slave Trade Control:
1- All Slave Raids into Elven Territory are to cease.
-This will be enforce by the navies, and armies of those signing the Compact
-Any Slaves captured by these raids after the signing of the Compact are to be freed
-This is to be enforced by slave charters, kept by an unbiased third party
2- Mistreatment of Slaves is now Illegal
-Beating, rape, and killing of Slaves is now Illegal
-Those in violation will be fined an amount totaling 5 chests of gold per incident
Secret Clause that only Lords of Agorath can view
3-Promise for gradual abolishment of the slave trade
-All signatures of the Compact will work towards the abolishment of the Slave Trade

Kvothe Kalare stand up:

As you may have noticed i have not expressed my opinion on the issue of the mad proposal of the Arch-mage. Again the ugly head of violence and control over the lords reach out from him, in the form of a forceful banning of slavery to the point of sword.

I must say No to the proposal of The arch-mage

At the same time the proposal of Arl Alföðr Frostsverð even though with merits is too drastic to the hundreds of thousands that depending on slave trades an new slave be it to cultivate, build structures etc. And worse than that it tell a man that he is forbidden to sell his property to others. What about the investment he did in that slaves? would that be just lost? all his hard work to get the money?
-Regretfully this preposition tell many that all their work, money and time spend was for naught and crush them. and so

Kvothe Kalare Vote NO to Arl Alföðr Frostsverð

Now before i am accused of being lower than a beast and think of the elves as simple things. I will tell you this is NOT true. They bleed like us and have feelings and even though i may have been uncaring for it for many years, as i age i see better my mistake and therefore i exalt everyone to support Compact for Slave Trade Control, this compact deals with more than the anti-slavery position even believe was possible. It acknowledge that slave have been mistreat and prohibit this type of behavior anymore, it too will end the introduction of new slaves to the market therefore ending raids and the sorrowful stories we all have hear about.

This compact will achieve many objectives of the abolitionist and at the same time avoid economic doom to many areas of the continent.

more importantly this compact eliminated many if no all the reason that were bringing the two sides of the issues to destroy each other in a war of gigantic proportions. This and the many points exposed before bring me Kvothe Kalare, one of the most vocal supporters of slavery , to support the compact!

Kvothe Kalare supports Compact for Slave Trade Control

After negotiations with interested parties, House Krestarii would like to propose the fallowing compact in order to hopefully avoid civil war:

Compact for Slave Trade Control:
1- All Slave Raids into Elven Territory are to cease.
-This will be enforce by the navies, and armies of those signing the Compact
-Any Slaves captured by these raids after the signing of the Compact are to be freed
-This is to be enforced by slave charters, kept by an unbiased third party
2- Mistreatment of Slaves is now Illegal
-Beating, rape, and killing of Slaves is now Illegal
-Those in violation will be fined an amount totaling 5 chests of gold per incident
Secret Clause that only Lords of Agorath can view
3-Promise for gradual abolishment of the slave trade
-All signatures of the Compact will work towards the abolishment of the Slave Trade

"Though I commend House Krestarri, Lord of the Slaver City, for taking a step in the right direction, I say that he does not go far enough..."

The golden eyes of the ArchMage burn into Lord Asharian's.

"You take but a small step, when a leap is needed, and I fear you may falter. Trust me when I say, my Lord, that I will be there when you stumble."

"Though I commend House Krestarri, Lord of the Slaver City, for taking a step in the right direction, I say that he does not go far enough..."

The golden eyes of the ArchMage burn into Lord Asharian's.

"You take but a small step, when a leap is needed, and I fear you may falter. Trust me when I say, my Lord, that I will be there when you stumble."
Asharian stares back into the eyes of the ArchMage:
"I do not appreciate threats. This Compact was made to save lives from a war you are so eager to push us into. Further more, you will not stumble, you will fall, and I will make sure that fall is harder than the chains of the slaves in Azeratii. I recommend you don't cross me."

"I do not appreciate threats. This Compact was made to save lives from a war you are so eager to push us into. Further more, you will not stumble, you will fall, and I will make sure that fall is harder than the chains of the slaves in Azeratii. I recommend you don't cross me."

"Recommendation duly noted, my Lord." The ArchMage smiled slightly before breaking his gaze with Count Asharian.

While I am not against you at this time Lord Krestarii, you seem to forget the lives that will be saved by this potential war. Yes, people might die in the fighting, but how many men would go free? I would guess many times more, and there would only be a war if the slavers refuse to give up their slaves should the vote go against them. I do not think that any Lords who are against slavery would march if the vote was not in their favor, it would be suicide.

And as ... let us say "overeager" as the ArchMage is, I would appreciate if you did not threaten him, and then in the same breath mention the slavery that he wishes to abolish. It is below you Lord Krestarii. The ArchMage may be over zealous but he is a man of conviction and he is just trying to do what he thinks is right, just as you are.

Though I am opposed to slavery, I also do not appreciate the archmage's continuing effort to force a crisis to the point of war. House Deagrin will not take part in any such conflict, nor will I vote in favor of the archmage's proposal while the possibility of compromise remains.

The ArchMage stood up before the Assembly, with a nod the great doors creaked open. Walking in was an Elven woman, no older than thirty years old. She had dirty blonde hair, matted and tangled upon her head. Wearing a roughspun cloak, she took small steps up the aisle to the front of the Assembly, taking the periodic look up at the intimidating hall of lords. There was fear in her eyes.

The ArchMage held out a hand to urge her forward, slowly, she joined Qylan at the front of the Assembly, her eyes on the floor as she tightly clutched her cloak below her chin. With a swift pull, Qylan pulled the cloak off of the Elf revealing her naked body. The Assembly let out a collective gasp. Red streaks marked the woman's slender body. A round red wound, where her right breast should be, pulsated with a foamy puss. Scabbed and horrible rings around her neck revealed where she had been recently choked. A large brand on her hip, burned into her skin marked her as a sex slave, followed by another mark that identified her as disobedient.

"This is highly indecent!" Cried one Lord.

"For shame!" Yelled another.

"Cover the poor girl!" Shouted one in the back.

His eyes aglow the ArchMage let his voice ring above the others. "I make no apologies my Lords! For this is the price we pay for the comfortable luxuries afforded to us for the slave trade. Many of you, do not see this price from your towers! But I, Keeper of the Light, see this travesty everyday! This is a threat to the people of Agorath!" The ArchMage's lips quivered as he pulled the cloak around the woman, apologizing into her ear. With a sloppy courtesy, the girl ran from the hall.

"This, my Lords, is the reason I may seem so overeager to push the realm to conflict. Make no mistake, this will end! You may either follow the Light or inkeep with the Dark."

The ArchMage stood up before the Assembly, with a nod the great doors creaked open. Walking in was an Elven woman, no older than thirty years old. She had dirty blonde hair, matted and tangled upon her head. Wearing a roughspun cloak, she took small steps up the aisle to the front of the Assembly, taking the periodic look up at the intimidating hall of lords. There was fear in her eyes.

The ArchMage held out a hand to urge her forward, slowly, she joined Qylan at the front of the Assembly, her eyes on the floor as she tightly clutched her cloak below her chin. With a swift pull, Qylan pulled the cloak off of the Elf revealing her naked body. The Assembly let out a collective gasp. Red streaks marked the woman's slender body. A round red wound, where her right breast should be, pulsated with a foamy puss. Scabbed and horrible rings around her neck revealed where she had been recently choked. A large brand on her hip, burned into her skin marked her as a sex slave, followed by another mark that identified her as disobedient.

His eyes aglow the ArchMage let his voice ring above the others. "I make no apologies my Lords! For this is the price we pay for the comfortable luxuries afforded to us for the slave trade. Many of you, do not see this price from your towers! But I, Keeper of the Light, see this travesty everyday! This is a threat to the people of Agorath!" The ArchMage's lips quivered as he pulled the cloak around the woman, apologizing into her ear. With a sloppy courtesy, the girl ran from the hall.

"This, my Lords, is the reason I may seem so overeager to push the realm to conflict. Make no mistake, this will end! You may either follow the Light or inkeep with the Dark."
Krestarii turns to the ArchMage:
"My Compact would end this abuse. It would make such treatment of slaves illegal. Furthermore, you say that this abolishment of Slavery would make this land moral, just, and free. I ask you, have you seen the poor, those who can't afford to feed themselves? If you take Slavery, thousands, tens, maybe hundreds of thousands, more than their are slaves, would be plunged into poverty. Azeratii, and much of southern Eccelestus would fall into poverty and anarchy. Is this what you want? I am offering you a chance to get what you want, and avoid this disparity. Take it!"

Krestarii turns to the ArchMage:
"My Compact would end this abuse. It would make such treatment of slaves illegal. Furthermore, you say that this abolishment of Slavery would make this land moral, just, and free. I ask you, have you seen the poor, those who can't afford to feed themselves? If you take Slavery, thousands, tens, maybe hundreds of thousands, more than their are slaves, would be plunged into poverty. Azeratii, and much of southern Eccelestus would fall into poverty and anarchy. Is this what you want? I am offering you a chance to get what you want, and avoid this disparity. Take it!"

"No my Lord! Your proposal will only allow slavery to continue! A meager fine of 5 chests, insignificant compared to the profits of the slave trade, will allow slavers to pat themselves on their back while they promise that it will all soon end. There is only one thing that will make it end; the edge of a sword!"

Kvothe get up from his sat immediately:

-Stop this idiocy Arch-mage, you are trying to bring a war to the realm that no one wants. You are trying to manipulate them by showing an abused slave, even though the compact prohibit such actions and make them Ilegal.

-Arch mage YOU are not emperor to end something you don't like nor you have formal power over us to threaten ANY lord here.

-Furthermore as Lord Krestarii has say the compact will stop this abuses, it will give the slaves a decent treatment by their owners. It will stop new people becoming slaves and more importantly it will with time end slave trade and therefore slavery. Time is needed You want to just free hundred of thousand of slaves to the streets suddenly?
--first of all, every economic action that use slaves will collapse, be it agriculture, building, crafting, you mention it. That alone mean the collapse of many lords and areas and if not collapse a severe recession that will with thousands poor and starving on the streets. Secondly with the recession hitting where will these slaves find jobs? or food? if not even free citizens can do it what could a slave just released hope for? only to starve by the thousand in the streets. If that's the freedom you want for the slaves you are simple mad.

The compact make it be phased therefore not breaking apart economies and allowing the slow but steady freedom of the slaves yo an environment that can maintain them and allow them to have a decent living once they are freed, NOW this is what i would believe much better than to starve in the streets.

And i repeat for the last time: YOU are NOT the emperor or a successor of him, YOU cannot threaten to end these by the sword, and furthermore your desire, because yes my lords it is desire, to end this in a war will just destroy and kill many people, making the environment for the new freely slaves well worse and not helping them at all.

Kalare Kvothe sit down meanwhile many lord began giving looks at the arch-mage

"I do not claim to be Emperor, but my office obligates me to act for the benefit of the entire realm. And I will not trade an iron slave collar for soft satin! Slavery is wrong, and I will fight to abolish it!"