• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Range

General
12 Badges
May 9, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
[post=15822600]Poland EU1 by Range (playing Poland) year 1492-1792

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry Intro

v7ujv9.jpg

Regent Tomlinson sent Range back to the same castle in Poland where he first met Alina and the others.

euedkn.jpg

Range

Upon his arrival in the great hall, Range’s back was turned away as it was so many journeys before. “I recognize that wall. All I have to do is to ask the question, “Now where am I?”

Silence fell.

“That’s strange.” Taken aback Range turned to see Alina moving toward him. “Baby,” he said all smiles.

“Smack,” was the sound of Alina’s hand striking the side of Range’s face. “Where have you been?”

“Where have I been?”

2i774a8.jpg

“Didn’t you miss me?” Alina (Marcie) asked.

“Miss you…that’s not how time travel works. You know that. Besides when you didn’t show up, I just figured you had enough of the journeys.”

Alina, crying bitterly, hurried off. That’s when a big-big man named Gorski came up to Range. “We’ve been through a lot,” he said. “We’ve lost count of the number of times we looped.”

“Looped,” asked Range.

Jovial laughter is heard quickly approaching, and soon five men burst into the room. Range recognized all of them. He remembered all of them as they were his friends. He also recalled how they would eventually die. Range stared at Gorski momentarily, before asking “Does the outcome always the same?”

“Events change…but, the outcome remains the same.”

The men rush over to welcome Range, glad to see their old friend.

Last edited:
Time to fight off the Russians and the Germans and everyone else, to save Poland? March for victory!

I recently started an EU1 Poland game, and between the revolt risk from the long initial war I got into (snowy attrition made it long), and the fact that I quickly converted the government to Protestantism, I quickly had what I might as well call a civil war.

Time to fight off the Russians and the Germans and everyone else, to save Poland? March for victory!

I recently started an EU1 Poland game, and between the revolt risk from the long initial war I got into (snowy attrition made it long), and the fact that I quickly converted the government to Protestantism, I quickly had what I might as well call a civil war.

Civil war...that can't be good. The Russians have to be put into their place real quick...before they get too strong.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 2

Photo Range’s command

Range looked about the members of his command, knowing that most of them would be dead before their journey would come to an end.

28wdiqh.jpg

“The first thing we need to do,” said Range, “is to make certain our country is well defended with forts. Although we have the largest army in Europe, it doesn’t mean we can go off to war and leave any province unprotected.”

So we began to build forts along our northern and western borders.

m820px.jpg

There was a growing number of enemies of our great nation. You can tell an enemy when no matter what you do, relations never grow stronger.

2ex0ilv.jpg

We need friends and relations/

k4tixv.jpg

This will help, too.

2dmecza.jpg

The question has to be asked, who will benefit…

I vote for supporting the great France against England, since they both are kind of far away, and you can still sit around making sure Russia doesn't get up to anything.

In this case I like France. too...and, Russia must be kept small.

POLAND (EU1)

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 3

2lm8ok1.jpg

It’s time to ride into war my friends. There’s no time to fret upon tomorrow. The time is now…for Poland to rise up and take its destiny…there shall be no partition. We shall not be a sad note upon history, or forgotten. Poland shall live forever more…

f36paq.jpg

It was war against Russia. We have to cut them down to size before she grows to engulf Poland. There were two objectives in this war…Novgorod, and Tver. Novgorod for their trade…and Tver because it’s next on our to-take list.

5fmzit.jpg

But, we didn’t expect Russia’s allies to come swiftly.

63rpmc.jpg

So, we took the war to Russia’s allies.

16axgma.jpg

We finally whittled down the Norwegians.

iwu4bt.jpg

In the end, Poland came out on top in the war. We took Novgorod and Tver from the Russians. Norway paid us 85 ducts indemnities.

The date: 17 September, 1509.

Good result, always nice to get both cash and land. I might also knock out the baltic area, since I think Poland has cores there.

You're probably right. But, with Poland having so many enemies, it might be better to remove the Russian threat first. Or, at least limit its power to make war. If Russia is allowed time to grow they will be the biggest threat to Poland's freedom.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 4

ruqnf9.jpg

If Range and his comrades plan on stopping the partitions of Poland, they would have to break up the three principle members of that union, Catherine II of Russia, Joseph II of Austria, and Frederick the great of Prussia. One way to do it, is to make certain the at the three grow into a powerful alliance.

j6tvf7.jpg

The first step is to eliminate one corner stone before they grow into a real threat. War was declared against Russia and its allies on 2 April 1516.

21nl260.jpg

It didn’t take long before Russia to find out they were alone in the war.

wrykwy.jpg

27 October, 1517…Russia agrees to peace with Poland.

5p1sar.jpg

Poland gains two provinces…Vladimire and Vologda.

Too bad for role playing purposes that there isn't a good way for Catholic Poland to convert the Orthodox heretics in their new lands. But that's life.

Yeah...but, that's what upgrades are for. Giving us what we need.

Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 5

2ljt5dw.jpg

Poland could never fight one country against them…oh, no. When Poland went to war to fight the Russian, Denmark and the Netherlands lined up against Poland-Lithuania against us.

aauhig.jpg

Of course, Russia was our main objective. Moscow was of course taken.

dqrreb.jpg

We could only take three provinces (limitations).

33lm7t0.jpg

Poland grows.

that Prussian doomstack... I really miss good old eu1 when OPMs were running around with ridiculously huge armies :D

Yeah...I have to keep a close eye on them. Sooner or later, I'll have to take them out, or otherwise they'll take me out when everyone comes against me.

Yeah, you can't fight the Russians in the winter. I've heard someone played as Poland and lost a huge army in the Russian snow. They've got to go.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

2lm8ok1.jpg

Entry 6

One thing for sure, Range wanted to keep every one of his intrepid band alive. However, he had not a clue on to accomplish that. They had first all come together in Poland many journey’s before. On that occasion only Alina, and Gorski survived. And the three of them just narrowly escaped death at the end of the trek as time begun to change to the world we know today.

Shortly after the war with Russia came to an end, one might have felt it was time to gather oneself and reflect on the war. Ah…but, with Poland this can never be true. They have too many enemies. And, they were all about to descend upon them. They came from every direction.

2csc6sl.jpg

The Hanseatic League were first…

2zic5eo.jpg

The first battle against the Hanseatic league in Pommerania was a defeat for Poland. But, Polish victory in Western Prussia soon turned the tide.

nx54xj.jpg

France soon entered the war against Poland. Thankfully they did send a large army, only nine thousand troops.

2upa0qa.jpg

The war was going to well for Poland. But, Bohemia accepted a white peace, Poland was given a short reprieve of sorts.

2h6zyhx.jpg

Rebel scum began to spring up and were eventually wiped out. But, a more pressing matter had taken shape, as a war continued to wage in the north; the Golden Horde, Kazan, and Astrakhan took up arms against Poland.

2s0hlhw.jpg

Smaller Polish armies had to be relieved or they would have been slaughtered. It wasn’t the time for the faint of heart, nor the moment to worry about your captains. This was life and death for all of Poland.

2419nic.jpg

The battle for Danzig proved to be too much for the French. They soon retreated back to their homeland…forgetting the thought of gain from a war with Poland.

The War continues: I don’t want to make any post too long, so I’m splitting this war in two.