• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if the discussion/talk page doesn't exist, go ahead and create it.

I created a page for the DWI mod, but it doesn't look like the other mod pages. How do I get it changed to use the mod page template?
By using the mod template? :p
See the other pages for how it's used.

Meneth - I have made major changes to the logistics reference page, but I have no clue as to how to make a talk page (I am quite new to this). I have spent the last two weeks using the game to verify every change - even things I have known are true for years were rechecked. This page is nearly complete, but it may need stylistic changes. I should only attempt these after a break, this way the material will appear fresh.

Meneth - I have made major changes to the logistics reference page, but I have no clue as to how to make a talk page (I am quite new to this). I have spent the last two weeks using the game to verify every change - even things I have known are true for years were rechecked. This page is nearly complete, but it may need stylistic changes. I should only attempt these after a break, this way the material will appear fresh.
Click the red link at the top saying "discussion" page and you will be taken to a page where you can type your comment, creating the page.

From what I've seen your changes are a big improvement. It might need some changes when it comes to things like grammar and writing style, but it is definitely better than it was.
Would you consider it up to date for Their Finest Hour? If so you can mark it as such by changing the bit about the version at the top of the page to say {{version|Their Finest Hour}}

Click the red link at the top saying "discussion" page and you will be taken to a page where you can type your comment, creating the page.

From what I've seen your changes are a big improvement. It might need some changes when it comes to things like grammar and writing style, but it is definitely better than it was.
Would you consider it up to date for Their Finest Hour? If so you can mark it as such by changing the bit about the version at the top of the page to say {{version|Their Finest Hour}}

Short of some minor changes it is ready for TFH. I wrote this on the fly while trying to beat bad weather, though I have to admit my writing style has been damaged by illness. I'll look at it again after a rest, fix the minor errors (only two), and then mark it as ready for TFH.

Hi, Charles, one other thing that could be added is the 24 hour supply cycle that (in the production screen) says you need 1 supply unit at one part of the day and 52 supply units at another part of the day - would be nice to have an explanation of which number to take notice of, and when e.g. is the number at 00 the only number that matters? I was previously told that the time to worry about your supply figure was 20:00 but the wiki seems to be saying it is 00:00. This is important because you can't automatically set your supply production, so you have to move the slider every day.

Hi, Charles, one other thing that could be added is the 24 hour supply cycle that (in the production screen) says you need 1 supply unit at one part of the day and 52 supply units at another part of the day - would be nice to have an explanation of which number to take notice of, and when e.g. is the number at 00 the only number that matters? I was previously told that the time to worry about your supply figure was 20:00 but the wiki seems to be saying it is 00:00. This is important because you can't automatically set your supply production, so you have to move the slider every day.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are referring to, but let me give it a shot. The only time of day supply need is calculated, or recalculated if you will, is at 00:00. I do not know where the 2000 hours comes from, but it's wrong. Other than this you seem to be describing the point when the capital supply depot reaches and/or partially exceeds the programmed desired level (e.g., for Germany it is around 35k). At this point supply production need will go to near zero and, if the sliders are automated, supply production will be reduced to this level. [Please note - the production need fell, not the need for supplies.] This also occurs at 00:00.

It took until FTM for PI to get this right. Before this the supply stockpile would grow without limits, reach 99,999, and still produce supplies. These excess supplies were dumped overboard, wasting valuable IC. They went through Semper Fi and FTM playing with it to get to the point where the sliders would function without wasting our IC. You can go to manual control, set supply production to the desired level and lock it, but you cannot revert to slider AI without the number being changed, thus you are right - you are stuck using manual slider control, whether it be for supply or for all of the other categories. Since PI did a good enough job with the fix I am almost always on slider AI, using manual daily control only as a last resort.

Is this along the lines of what you are talking about? If it is, then IMO it is best left to the Production section of the Wiki. As to the 00:00 calculation of supply, I will make a point to emphasize this when I go in to make my next (and almost final) edits.

Meneth: I've completed the logistics reference and marked it current. I'll probably take a look at the logistics strategy, but hopefully Katie has worked on this. If so, there won't be much to do.

Meneth: I've completed the logistics reference and marked it current. I'll probably take a look at the logistics strategy, but hopefully Katie has worked on this. If so, there won't be much to do.

I'm having trouble with how those blasted text boxes work; specifically, I can't see where the text in the title portion comes from. Seeing, and placing, the actual text became apparent to me after some messing around, but the title portion may well have been placed there by the gods!

On a secondary note: wouldn't it be better to just describe decisions and events? I can't see how adding the actual script (lua) is going to help do more than confuse most people. Wouldn't it be better to pull all those decisions and events into a coherent whole?

I'm having trouble with how those blasted text boxes work; specifically, I can't see where the text in the title portion comes from. Seeing, and placing, the actual text became apparent to me after some messing around, but the title portion may well have been placed there by the gods!

On a secondary note: wouldn't it be better to just describe decisions and events? I can't see how adding the actual script (lua) is going to help do more than confuse most people. Wouldn't it be better to pull all those decisions and events into a coherent whole?
Yeah, I'm not sure why Paradoxian even put the script on there. I assume they had a script to do it though.
Hell, for the most part there's no real reason to have separate pages for individual decisions.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Paradoxian even put the script on there. I assume they had a script to do it though.
Hell, for the most part there's no real reason to have separate pages for individual decisions.

This then leaves me with the question - can we change this, or do we have to leave the pages intact and make new pages to support our needs?

The wikis will be moved over to a better server tonight.
This may cause some downtime, in which case you have my apologies. The move should be entirely finished within a few hours of starting though, so the worst case scenario is a few hours of downtime.

Alright, I think I've put all the relevant information to the NatChi country guide.

Anyone want to play a game of "this wiki page is ugly and I know how to touch it up" before I copy it live? ;p

Alright, I think I've put all the relevant information to the NatChi country guide.

Anyone want to play a game of "this wiki page is ugly and I know how to touch it up" before I copy it live? ;p
I'll take a look at it and move it over.

On the Navy page there is a graph that purports to show maximum effective hull size, and I was trying to update it to TFH but I can't make a graph that looks like that at all. The graph starts off adding 0.4 penalty for every hull value but it is a 4% penalty so it should be 0.04, shouldn't it? I can only get a graph that shows about a 25% penalty even at 58 hull size, certainly not 0 at 35 as shown in that graph. How do you get a decreasing returns graph like that? The formula should be hull value - penalty, where the penalty is (hull value -16) *4% shouldn't it?

Oh, no, I just noticed that nearly all the changes I made to that page (including the tables) to fix the hull value have disappeared!!

Last edited: