• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gm5.png

A new, more accurate map of Galadriel, featuring capital city locations.

((A big welcome to our new players, Bialaska and Groogy. Glad to have you. :) And yes, enchanted items are okay. As you can see we are in the midst's of a Corpus epidemic here in Agorath, so we need all the help we can get!

Today's Agenda - Get caught up on stats! Possibly a mini update coming today or tomorrow, on the efforts of House Deagrin and their plot to create a fire potion to help combat Corpus, and Chief Ra'Gru's recon expedition/plot to discover a weakness within the Corpus Horde by seeking out the Necromancer in Highathar. If there is a connection between the Necromancer and the Horde, than Ra'Gru may be able to break it and weaken the Horde.))

((A big welcome to our new players, Bialaska and Groogy. Glad to have you. :) And yes, enchanted items are okay. As you can see we are in the midst's of a Corpus epidemic here in Agorath, so we need all the help we can get!

Today's Agenda - Get caught up on stats! Possibly a mini update coming today or tomorrow, on the efforts of House Deagrin and their plot to create a fire potion to help combat Corpus, and Chief Ra'Gru's recon expedition/plot to discover a weakness within the Corpus Horde by seeking out the Necromancer in Highathar. If there is a connection between the Necromancer and the Horde, than Ra'Gru may be able to break it and weaken the Horde.))

((I've pmed you, but I'm shelving the liquid fire for this turn and backing Ra'Gru's plot))

Perseus Laecus, steward of the Three Rivers, arrives to the assembly and quickly catches up on events.

"I am here to make a request on behalf of my liege, Lord Celestian of the Three Rivers."

He pauses, looking around at the other representatives.

"He would ask that a part of the Golden Army will be securing the capture of a number of Corpus rather than slaying them. Some of these he wishes brought to the dungeons of Three Rivers, the others to other secure locations. We know little to none about these creatures, other than having a firm belief that a Necromancer is involved and that they are very dangerous. If some are taken alive we can make examinations and test a number of materials on them, trying to find possible weaknesses.The Corpus are very strong and with each soldier turned, we face another enemy."

He pauses and leans back a bit, waiting for someone, anyone to respond. He ignores the minor bickerings taking place, apparently not finding it important enough.

Kvothe Kalare stood up

-Now that the lady has ended her little “speech”, I can see that your father forgot to teach you a thing or two about how to rule and behave young “lord” and how things work in the real world. When real danger and crisis are happening people compromise, for example I have say that I will follow whoever is elected to lead the army, be it nord, dwarf and even elf, these just show how young you still are nothing that you cannot correct in your future behavior.

-Now to more serious business accusing me Kvothe Kalare of treason against the realm, how dare you girl!, if I were a less forgiving nord like its normally the case I would be putting a slave collar on you after beating you senseless. Thought I would not do such a thing as you are just a little ignorant of the events happening after all your people are quite isolated down in their chasm.

Who give you your information I do not know, but I can only guess he wasn’t paying much attention as everyone here know the intention of Kalare forces send to Mirrorwater was not to simply raid for slaves (private slaver do that and are quite proficient at it, why would I sent my army do the same job?) But to annex the province as a territory of Kalare city and so it came to surprise to no one went the news came the city had fall easily to the superior Nord forces, well except you I guess. I suggest you train better your representative or get new ones that can do their job properly, do not take it badly, only a friendly advice from me . Silent for a min so everyone could hear the laughter rising from the nords ranks.

Now my dear elven lady, About the 1000 I promised for the quarantine as I have already say, and let me say you need better attendants to keep you informed, It was a miscommunication with my general Kalerus Antillus that caused they didn’t were send to the quarantine But do not fault him as you may do not now this, after all you are too young to have ever being in a real campaign , things get hectic in a siege and he probably just was reading at and was interrupted making him confuse the order, or something similar.

What kind of traitor makes his entire army march far away from his homeland to fight the danger to the people in the realm? I am exposing myself to some revenge or treacherous attack by the elves in doing so. If that’s a traitor to the people in this realm then yes me a many, many lords are traitors and proud of being so! Many lords immediately began cheering and saying I am a traitor too, the real will be save by traitor to it, oh the irony!

Kvothe Kalare sit down smiling and looking directly to the eyes of the young lady

We don't have time for arguments! The time has come to take action, not to fight like cats in here! We must focus on the Corpus and the necromancer.

((I know I'm being quite hypocritical here, so don't remind me about that.))

Perseus Laecus, steward of the Three Rivers, arrives to the assembly and quickly catches up on events.

"I am here to make a request on behalf of my liege, Lord Celestian of the Three Rivers."

He pauses, looking around at the other representatives.

"He would ask that a part of the Golden Army will be securing the capture of a number of Corpus rather than slaying them. Some of these he wishes brought to the dungeons of Three Rivers, the others to other secure locations. We know little to none about these creatures, other than having a firm belief that a Necromancer is involved and that they are very dangerous. If some are taken alive we can make examinations and test a number of materials on them, trying to find possible weaknesses.The Corpus are very strong and with each soldier turned, we face another enemy."

He pauses and leans back a bit, waiting for someone, anyone to respond. He ignores the minor bickerings taking place, apparently not finding it important enough.

Mathlion, High Steward of the Golden City, addressed the Steward from Three Rivers, "You needn't fear a lack of specimens, Steward Laecus, for I fear the dead will walk all corners of Agorath unless this Assembly can begin to cooperate."

All hail the Frostsverð!

The ting was over. The coronation of the new Arl was made. The bronze crown had been destroyed by Alföðr's rage but now the frozen sword was the proof of his false legitimacy. He called for the attention of his steward.

- "Ulfr, what have I done? I am not noble by birth, I have no right to lead these people"
- "Sire, these people gave you that right. If you did not have it you would not sit on the throne." the gray old man responded with soft words.

Alföðr scratched his beard worrying over his new responsibilities. He was already feeling the weight, a much heavier one than leading men to battle. Families trusting in that his decisions shall make his life just a little better. He glanced over to his twin children warming themselves in-front of the fireplace. Usually happy, now in morning of their big-sister... Every memory of her ached trough his entire body.

- "Sire?" Ulfr asked him and touched him on his shoulder. "I'm sorry but we have pressing matters to attend to."
- "Yes, let's hear He said after collecting himself.
- "First you have to choose your thanes and then we have an envoy from the Golden City

Alföðr knew exactly who he wanted as his closest housecarls. Those two had been his mentors, too old to be fighters but they had served the realm well and still do. Most of the younglings in the army still would not be able to best them.

- "Grímnir Hávi and Týr Váfuðr deserve the titles, if I could give them more I would"
- "Very well sire, it shall be so." He waved to a thrall and told him to fetch them.
- "What was the message from the shiverers?" he asked with a smile on the face, the weakness of outsiders to the cold of The Pale had always amused him.

Ulfr explained that they had requested the presence of late Arl Thormund in the Assembly of the Imperial Palace. Apparently a plague brought forth by underlings of dökk was terrorizing the lands. More than that he did not know, the envoy had died by the cold before he could tell them anything else. Anything concerning Myrkrieinn, or The Dark One in the common language, was always of great concerns. The ancient Ahtaer fought him after they so foolishly destroyed the only thing protecting them, The Faðir, in the quest for power. Now every mortal is tasked with protecting life. Alföðr took a sip from his mead and looked at the reflection of the fire in the bronze goblet. He imagined the whole city engulfed in flames of war and his people for the slaughter, the last solitude of the proud Pale ones finally destroyed. On one side he has the tribesmen and on the other side he has aggressive Arl's looking to expand their realm. Then beyond that there is the Myrkrieinn set on eating the world. For a moment he played with the thought that maybe he should have swallowed his sorrow and accepted his liege crime so he could have been let go of this weight.

The doors to the longhouse opens up and in comes Grímnir and Týr with full gear for border patrol duty. poor thrall that had to run out in the cold after them. He leans over to the steward

- "Leave us..." he tells him "... and make sure the thrall is given a pelt to warm himself. If he's so determined to run after them in this cold he is worth keeping"
- "Yes mi'arl." he bows and walks out of the longhouse leaving the Arl and the new Thane's.

Alföðr stands up with an open gesture towards to the two old men in-front of him

- "My old friends! Would you do me the honour to join me in the Assembly of the Imperial Tower as my Thanes and Chancellors?" he yelled out in happiness of seeing them "I would really appreciate your wisdom."

They agreed, the very next day they headed to the Golden City by longboat trough the rivers, making the journey fairly quick. three dozen enormous pale housecarls exited the boat first then the Arl and his trusted Thanes, one on each side. They all wore white dire wolf pelts. The local populace were stunned by the vision. Alföðr has been here before as the personal guard of previous Arl's, he well knew his way to the assembly.

While walking the streets he saw everything he detested, the nobles lived separated from the people of the city, the very notion that the people should serve the lords is not what he believed in. The lords were the servants, everything they did was for the furthering of his people, even if at his own expense. This is what The Pale Ones always have believed. While walking trough simply The Harbour he saw people he wanted to help, but not the means to do so. This corrupt society have fallen upon itself, and soon to be forgotten. His eye catches something in an alley, a small critter scavenging for food. He walks closer to notice a malnourished baby hedgehog. At least this being he can help for now he tells himself and walks closer to it, scared it curls into a spiky ball. He squats down beside it, reach inside his pelt cloak and pulls out some grilled salmon and waves it in-front of the scared poor thing. Smelling the wonderful meat she slowly peaks out. She eventually grabs it and starts eating. He continues his walk towards the Imperial Palace.

When entering the nobles quarters Grímnir pats on his back and tells him:

- "Seems like you have gotten another companion, friend." he points on a dark little shadow approaching them carefully. She had followed them the whole way from the Harbour. A little light started to burn inside of Alföðr, his small act of kindness had a difference. Gave the little creature some more salmon then put her in a pocket of the pelt cloak where she fell soundly asleep. Probably the first time in her life she felt safe. A little proof that in this world where the Myrkrieinn rules, there is still place for something better.

With the determination he needs, he entered the assembly. Determined to make everything right, to save the world, in the memory of Gudrun.

(( I'm still going by the lore, just replacing like names to fit the culture of my realm. Ahtaer = The Saints, though worshipped as gods. The Faðir is the creator. ))

Posted on behalf of Jeeshadow:

Azeratii War Room

"I know we just fought a major battle, but the fate of the entire world is at stake here."
Asarian Krestarii addressed his officers
"Guard-Commander, how many men do you think we have left?"
"At least 3600 men my lord."
"Good, I shall take all of them. We must stop this blight in its tracks men. If the golden city falls, we will shortly after. While I am gone, my son shall act as lord-regent."
Jutarian nodded. He new what he had to do with his father gone.
Asharian turned back to his officers,
"Finally in regards to Jacob, we don't know the full extent of his powers, but we need him. He shall ride with me. Furthermore, tell him he fought against us for money, he can know fight for his life."

Count Asarian will force Captain Jacob to fight against the Corpus amongst his army.

Alvon didn't need diplomatic training to understand this was his queue. And he'd rather take the first hit from the assembly, rather than Eylinn blowing up in front of them.

"Right. I'm no speaker, so I will keep it short. Gentlemen. I can assure Arl Kvothe that I forwarded the messages from the last assembly, written by our attending ambassador, wholly unedited to my mistress. She would have been here to audit your message herself I assume, had she not been returning home from Highothar on a quest to capture a necromancer. Now, excuse me."

He sat down, showing no signs of emotions as was his trait. Eylinn stood up again, fixing her eyes forward down the aisle, talking with as calm a voice as she could muster. It turned her cheeks red, but it would have to do.

"Trap me in a slave collar? Well thank the Light and its saints I am standing among lords, and not tending a farm. I can only but reiterate, that I would never follow this man in battle. I am happy to hear that your failure to aid the realm was not based on all personal glory and deceit. Just by incompetence." She turned her head towards Kvothe and fixed her eyes on his. "That is, if I would believe such a tale." She decided to leave it there for a second, observing him. It was to no avail. She did not have that patience. "There is almost not a single person in here that didn't bring almost their whole army to save the city from the Corpus. That hardly earn you any special credit."

She straightened her dress and sat down again, no longer interested in looking at him any more. Alvon leaned quietly towards her, and whispered into her ear.
"I liked the incompetence part."
"Me too." She replied.

- "The Pale Ones shall help with what we can, but in this time of transition to me as The Crownless Arl, I fear that the tribesmen or neighbours might view me as weak. I do not dare send more than a thousand men in your aid."
Alföðr gestures to himself and his Thanes standing behind his chair.
- "We shall personally lead these men, this is our dedication and we shall die next to you in battle if that is what the Ahtaer demands. So I am wondering, why are we still discussing these petty problems when the glory of Eftirheim awaits?"

The Pale supports Ra'Gru of Goi'Orka plot
The Pale votes Yes to mustering the army
The Pale votes to free the mercenary captain to fight the horde
The Pale votes yes to ending all conquest

Kvothe Kalare stood up

-Now that the lady has ended her little “speech”, I can see that your father forgot to teach you a thing or two about how to rule and behave young “lord” and how things work in the real world. When real danger and crisis are happening people compromise, for example I have say that I will follow whoever is elected to lead the army, be it nord, dwarf and even elf, these just show how young you still are nothing that you cannot correct in your future behavior.

-Now to more serious business accusing me Kvothe Kalare of treason against the realm, how dare you girl!, if I were a less forgiving nord like its normally the case I would be putting a slave collar on you after beating you senseless. Thought I would not do such a thing as you are just a little ignorant of the events happening after all your people are quite isolated down in their chasm.

Who give you your information I do not know, but I can only guess he wasn’t paying much attention as everyone here know the intention of Kalare forces send to Mirrorwater was not to simply raid for slaves (private slaver do that and are quite proficient at it, why would I sent my army do the same job?) But to annex the province as a territory of Kalare city and so it came to surprise to no one went the news came the city had fall easily to the superior Nord forces, well except you I guess. I suggest you train better your representative or get new ones that can do their job properly, do not take it badly, only a friendly advice from me . Silent for a min so everyone could hear the laughter rising from the nords ranks.

Now my dear elven lady, About the 1000 I promised for the quarantine as I have already say, and let me say you need better attendants to keep you informed, It was a miscommunication with my general Kalerus Antillus that caused they didn’t were send to the quarantine But do not fault him as you may do not now this, after all you are too young to have ever being in a real campaign , things get hectic in a siege and he probably just was reading at and was interrupted making him confuse the order, or something similar.

What kind of traitor makes his entire army march far away from his homeland to fight the danger to the people in the realm? I am exposing myself to some revenge or treacherous attack by the elves in doing so. If that’s a traitor to the people in this realm then yes me a many, many lords are traitors and proud of being so! Many lords immediately began cheering and saying I am a traitor too, the real will be save by traitor to it, oh the irony!

Kvothe Kalare sit down smiling and looking directly to the eyes of the young lady

A large slam to the desk brought by Zepher's fist, making desk crack around it his eye's raged with the intent to kill Kyothe Kalare, as he pointed his finger at him. "YOU ****** PIECE OF NORDISH FILTH!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU BRAG AND INSULT US ELVES ABOUT YOUR LATEST INVASION OF OUR LANDS, YOU ARE NO ONE OF NOBLE BIRTH YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A RAG TAG BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHOM WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ELVEN LAND BY SURPRISE!!!! IF THE NECROMANCER WASN'T CAUSING PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD I WOULD OF GUTTED YOUR FILTHY NORDISH BODY ALL OVER THE CONTINENT!!!!!! MARK MY WORDS AFTER THIS IS OVER YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR WORDS TEN FOLD!!! I WILL NOT SIT HERE AND HAVE YOU INSULT OUR RACE EVEN FURTHER DO YOU HEAR ME!!!"He moved his eyes away from the Nord and to the Assembly leader, his fists filled with blood he salutes and bows to the leader. "I am sorry but I must take my leave outside for awhile, I cannot stay in a room with such undignified savages whom have no respect for my kin...." Zephfer walked outside and tried to control his rage.

Last edited:
((Stats up to date - you will notice that those of you with corpus in your lands may have received a misfortune roll and lost gold, all Diplomatic Missions in the last Assembly have been cancelled and must be reproposed once peace returns. Let me know if you have any questions or there are some discrepancies. Will be on IRC.))

Kvothe Kalare looked quite calm even after such an insult

-sighs, what a volatile temper that one have wouldn't you agree my lords, thought i would speculate he have bad hearing too...after all i cannot recall i ever insulted or talked about the elven race in that manner in my previous little commentary. It could be i am older than i thought and i am starting to forget things easier? some lords began to laugh at that.

-But at least everyone here present can see that the elves are not the creatures they are picture as, wise, in love with nature and life. The blood lust in that one is quite big, and even let some kind of Threat to me? could not really understand it well under his screams in rage.

-Another one whose father didn't teach a thing or too about how to rule and behave, quite common i see in the elves.

Kvothe Kalare stop talking meanwhile the buzz of half contained laughs were buzzing all around the assembly

This is unworthy of this chamber. If the offense is too grave to be borne, settle it between yourselves when the crisis has passed.

I would caution all lords from exchanging threats, nothing can be gained with such foolishness, and it only decreases the Assemblies opinion of you. Additionally, I have heard several remarks against other races, and frankly I am disappointed. We cannot judge a race by the lords assembled here today, though this assembly does seem to attract the worst each race has to offer. I am ashamed that this is the behavior of lords of Agorath, men and women who are supposed to be examples to their citizens, and in the future I hope that these discussions will not occur in the Assembly.

After a few moments regaining his composure he returned to the assembly hall and bowed towards the Leader. "Sorry about that a while ago, I just had to regain my composure but on the other hand I have some thing I wish to demand out of the Nord who angered me moments ago." He gave a glance at Kvothe Kalare and pointed at him. "You Kyothe Kalare! I Zephfer Huaindren of Balendreil! Challenge thy self to a one on one duel for the honor of both our peoples, if you think of yourself so highly then fight me and if you decline you will prove to me that you are not a Nord but a lowly rat that will only have his men fight his battles for him!"

Zephfer has challange Kvothe to a one on one duel!