• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please fix the japanese ai (its broken in china) and also fix the british ai (it doesnt reinforce egypt)

Well I´ve never tried to change ai, but well there´s always a first time I think maybe some1 can help us with this?
and th

I can help with events but as for AI, maybe not so good; but i could share a few things with you perhaps if you gave me credit

I think the dev team is already adressing the japanese ai issue for 1.04

Here are the screens I´ve promised!

mu48.png

0z2t.png

Cool stuff-but won't the mention of terror bombing give you some trouble with the PI forums?

Cool stuff-but won't the mention of terror bombing give you some trouble with the PI forums?
From the rules: "Strategic bombing in DH will be abstracted and not allow you to terror bomb civilians specifically."
"There will not be any gulags or deathcamps (including POW camps) to build in Darkest Hour, nor will there be the ability to simulate the Holocaust or systematic purges"

Therefore you are not allowed to simulate systematic mass murder in game, and you cant terror bomb yourself in anyway too. But mentioning historical events is fine, since we have the Nanjing massacre and Stalin trials events in game since HoI1, nobody ever said a thing against it, not even any of the hardcore big moderators, and really the Chongqing bombing was lesser of a massacre in scale than in Nanjing or of Stalin. So you should be fine.

I don't understand, why would it be a problem? It was a bombing, just like all the other horrible events that happened. This historical event tells a lot about dissent and relations between the countries, nothing more.
Otherwise, it would be really a cynical thing to play, for example, with Japan and lead all those armies which did what they did, but pretend that it didn't happen, and it is only a game of chess.
The important thing about this war, as well as all the others, is to convey the message and the truth so that they wouldn't happen again, and not romanticize these events through any game.

Better OOB for both china & Japan perhaps? Events for IJN commissioning various ships , they got lot of CV & CVL or maybe some cut down on carrier built time + the 2 salvage CL from ROC navy.

Better OOB for both china & Japan perhaps? Events for IJN commissioning various ships , they got lot of CV & CVL or maybe some cut down on carrier built time + the 2 salvage CL from ROC navy.

Japan is well covered with commissioning ships, historically, an Communist and Nationalist China are well covered with some events that provide them defensive mechanisms. At least we hope they are, we still need to test the events.

I'm working on an OOB for China for 1.04.

Interesting amount of events there, will take a look for Japan/China for what can be used.

Bombings are fine as long as they are historic events. There's a Shanghai event that was in CCIP for bombings.

Usage of the swastika is not allowed and should be photoshopped out (see triparte pact event first page). I had to do this for the Wang Jingwei Sino-Axis cooperation event picture.

Excellent--just wanted to be sure you won't be getting in trouble. I'm all for more historical events anyway.

Great news!

Chinese question
Any chance unite red China before 1945-46 or win sino-jap war as Qumonintang in vannila?