• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Victory!

The one specific regrer must be Singapore. It is such a good location. But Range has done very nicely.

It was a big blunder, not taking Singapore...I thought I had clicked a trader, instead of a colonist.

[post=15801104]Portugal by Range (playing Portugal) year 1492-1792

PORTUGAL

2mer4b9.jpg

Entry 37

1st of January, 1793, Lisbon. Portugal.

Two good friends met in the hallway just outside the grand ballroom

sq5uma.jpg

Range

“What do I owe for this visit?” asked Range.

qmxtp0.jpg

Walcott

“Two Regents dropped by the facility,” replied Walcott.

“Oh, what did they want?”

“They want you to return to the observatory.”

“Nothing doing…if I do that they’ll have the both of us…me and the younger me. Then, they can decide which one of us to get rid of.”

“That’s not what they’re worried about.”

“Then what? Hey wait a minute. Why did they send you?”

“Range. . .you know the Regents can’t force you to return to them. So, I came as a favor to the them.”

“What do you get out of it?”

“Why would you ask that?’

Range stared at his old friend, knowing there was an ulterior motive behind Walcott being there.

“All right, if you must know. The Regents promised if I were able to bring you back to your world, they would allow me to reopen my facility.”

“Well that’s all well and good for you. But, you do know there are still a few people trapped back here. When are you going realize your machine never worked?”

“It worked with your help…and those three boxes you brought me.”

Range stared blankly for a moment, wondering. “Three?”

“You even had names for them…Oda, Rangemura, and Mahakala, remember?”

“Oh, yeah…but, what do they want me for?”

“It has something to do with Alina and Gorski. They’ve been pulled back to Poland in the year 1492. It seems they’re trapped, too…reliving the same period over and over again.”

“Oh, no…”

“There’s more. It seems they’ve changed history.”

“In what way,” asked Range, concerned for his wife and friend.”

“I can’t rightly say, but it has something to do with Poland’s partition.”
never happened.”

“You fixed the partition? My boy, I don’t know what you’re referring to. All I know is, Poland disappeared from the world map in 1795 and has never been seen again.”

Range and Walcott were last seen walking down the hall away from the ballroom.

No sooner had Range gone…everything he had built for Portugal began to unravel. And, it was all due to the Regents (caretakers of time) righting history. Their adjustment was so bitter of times that after everything was said and done, no one would speak of the woes. Instead, they merely considered the events that took place only a horrible nightmare that they awoke from.

The history of Portugal you now know, had been changed. However, unlike Poland…Portugal didn’t disappear from the world’s map…as it once had…thanks to Range. The Regents agreed to allow Portugal to continue to exist…in exchange for Range’s help with another matter.

17eq1k.jpg

The End.

Last edited:
So, it was all a dream? Talk about giving us the middle finger at the end ;)

An intriguing note on which to finish. I imagine I'll have to take a look at some of your other work to see if I can piece together more of what I've just read.

Thanks for writing this – it's been great fun to follow.

So, it was all a dream? Talk about giving us the middle finger at the end ;)

An intriguing note on which to finish. I imagine I'll have to take a look at some of your other work to see if I can piece together more of what I've just read.

Thanks for writing this – it's been great fun to follow.

It wasn't a dream. The Regents are interlopers. . .watching over time as if it's their play world. They dabble, changing things here and there without man even knowing things have changed. Oh, man may wake up thinking that their successes were just a dream...but, in actuality the dream was real. . .but, not allowed to continue. Previously, in the case of Poland, Range was forced to help Poland become a great country...but the ultimate plan was for Poland to become world dominate. When he discovers this plot, he and other heroes band together to stop it from happening and stopping the end of the world.

As for Range. . .he's gone a little too far for the Regent's liking. Shortly after Range escaped from his world, he came to Earth. He was a teenager...he had no past...no memory of who he was. The strange part of his existence...if he remained in our present time he aged. But, if he traveled back in our history he didn't age. But, he could die.

You might know it, but it is because of Range's travels that the world is like it is...

However, now Range must travel back to Poland to bring the country back into existence...or, it will become just a sad note on history. You may not realize it, but there are wavering shadows gathering to wipe Poland's existence from your mind.

Thanks for following along.

Last edited:
Not a dream, but the more sinister version, where invisible beings can make us think it was a dream. i.e. it's a nightmare, haha. I certainly hope that Range can resist them in Poland, but that's another story.

Last edited:
Not a dream, but the more sinister version, where invisible beings can make us think it was a drea,. i.e. it's a nightmare, haha. I certainly hope that Range can resist them in Poland, but that's another story.

Thank you and thanks to everyone for following along. Sometime over this weekend, I'm hoping to begin posting Poland...if the old laptop holds up its end of the bargain and keeps working.

Congratulations on the completion of the AAR, first time I've even thought about EU1 in forever. The Libraary is updated

Congratulations on the completion of the AAR, first time I've even thought about EU1 in forever. The Libraary is updated

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you adding the AAR to the library.

I just came across this. A EU1 AAR in 2013! Well done. This brings back memories. Not very good ones since I was really bad at it but memories nonetheless. ;)

Thank you for checking in. I just started an ARR on Poland; maybe you'll drop by again.