• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ive tried to create an account. My problem s identifying the cat. Click on cat pic then click adopt me, most seem to be not available, but even if they are what am I supposed to do
You just need to click on the cat itself; it should get a green border around it. Select all the cats, then hit Create Account.

Ive tried to create an account. My problem s identifying the cat. Click on cat pic then click adopt me, most seem to be not available, but even if they are what am I supposed to do

Ignore the dogs. :)

You just need to click on the cat itself; it should get a green border around it. Select all the cats, then hit Create Account.

I struggled with this until I realized that the pictures enlarge when you mouse over them.

Click them once & it's easy if you enter the correct e-mail, DUH!

So I've taken the liberty of "fixing" the overview on combat width.

I suppose I'll get a WTF? message from you soon. :)

I struggled with this until I realized that the pictures enlarge when you mouse over them.

Click them once & it's easy if you enter the correct e-mail, DUH!

So I've taken the liberty of "fixing" the overview on combat width.

I suppose I'll get a WTF? message from you soon. :)
Looks good.

I'm looking at the Beginner's Guide and I noticed the following:

Serial & Parallel construction: Serial production is the ideal method for creating units: units are produced one at a time, which means the next in the series benefits from practical knowledge increases. Parallel construction is used to meet immediate needs: when you need a bunch of a certain unit type at once. As a result, parallel construction is much less efficient than serial builds.

I think everyone is fairly agreed that this is a misleading piece of advice. I'm just not sure on how to phrase what I want to say.

if this is the wrong place for such a discussion, please redirect me.

Hey look, something I can do!

Lots of these are rather out of date, and mostly apply to FtM and SF. I'll see what I can change up with my (limited) knowledge.

I'm looking at the Beginner's Guide and I noticed the following:

I think everyone is fairly agreed that this is a misleading piece of advice. I'm just not sure on how to phrase what I want to say.

if this is the wrong place for such a discussion, please redirect me.
Well, it does depend on what you're producing. A single production run is always a bad idea if you have the time to do more, since you then get the mentioned practical benefits and thus save IC days.
So if one has the time, it's generally best to do as many production runs as possible. As an example as Germany I tend to produce runs of 2-3 airplanes all the way until September '39.
And if you don't do a smaller run with things like Carriers for example, you'll waste a lot of time.

Hey look, something I can do!

Lots of these are rather out of date, and mostly apply to FtM and SF. I'll see what I can change up with my (limited) knowledge.
Yup, loads of outdated stuff. The outdated category doesn't even cover all of it, as a bunch of pages are missing the version template.

Welp, I have plenty of time to kill, I'll see what I can do to clean it up somewhat.

I've tried to make a start on "Brigades" but I want to include a table listing all the brigades, their abbreviations & fire types but don't know how to format it. Sorry.

I've tried to make a start on "Brigades" but I want to include a table listing all the brigades, their abbreviations & fire types but don't know how to format it. Sorry.
You could look at the formatting here for how to make a sortable table.
I've redirected brigades to unit types now. It definitely needs a rewrite though.

Seems like it's gonna be cool!! :cool: I think it will be nice to see more mods ^_^

To add a table, look at the advanced formatting options - one of the buttons is to insert a table. Click on that, and it asks how many rows and columns (excluding the header row). It then inserts a table with example text, just replace the text with your own, and ensure that you have not deleted the -| symbols between each line.

I've made quite a few additions though i am not sure in some cases what is the difference between versions of HOI so haven't deleted anything.

The wiki seems to finally be gaining some ground on Google. It is now 4th for me when I search for Hearts of Iron 3 Wiki.
As more links to it start to pop up around the net it should rise even further.

Well, I was told at one point that my "beginners guide to Nationalist China" should be on a wiki.

Now I guess I gotta find time to do just that. Not sure when though ;p.