• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So... I can submit? And this will be for 867, right? I hope the information is correct.

About 867 version - first I have to contact with Dan, as it's still he in charge of all this mod, I'm only the assistant :)

But my thoughts were to rather export all current characters submitted. It's not much work, as only need to change dates. If there's going to be totally separated version, I'll surely inform.

For now, county of York isn't vacant. So you might choose any other county until then. Good advice - if you want to stay within (vanilla) duchy of York, there's still free space in Leicester. I can also recommend Durham as coastal province.

About 867 version - first I have to contact with Dan, as it's still he in charge of all this mod, I'm only the assistant :)

But my thoughts were to rather export all current characters submitted. It's not much work, as only need to change dates. If there's going to be totally separated version, I'll surely inform.

For now, county of York isn't vacant. So you might choose any other county until then. Good advice - if you want to stay within (vanilla) duchy of York, there's still free space in Leicester. I can also recommend Durham as coastal province.
Edit 2: Scratch all that. I checked the front page. I didn't see Adrianopolis though, is it available?

Last edited:
Edit 2: Scratch all that. I checked the front page. I didn't see Adrianopolis though, is it available?

Information in first page can be little out-of-date... But yes, Adrianopolis is available.

Information in first page can be little out-of-date... But yes, Adrianopolis is available.
Great! Let me fix up the form:

County -

Adrianopolis

867.1.1={
holder=1000028221
}

Dynasty -

1000008615 = {
name="Antonini"
culture = portuguese
}

Characters -

1000028221 = {
name="João"
dynasty=1000008615
dna="adhlgmmabav"
martial=3
diplomacy=12
intrigue=5
stewardship=10
learning=10
religion="norse_pagan"
culture="portuguese"
add_trait="grey_eminence"
add_trait="humble"
add_trait="gluttonous"
849.11.23 = {
birth="849.11.23" #Must be same as above, before 1066.1.1
}
929.8.17 = {
death="929.8.17" #Must be same as above
}
}

Last edited:
County -Holland

Dynasty: Raterink

Culture Dutch

Name: Willem

Religion : Catholic

Traits : Skilled commander,Diligent,zealous

diplomacy 1

martial 10

Stewardship 10

intrigue 10

learning 5

Birth : 13 january 1045

Death : 1 may 1123

Hope this is correct

Dutchguy

Last edited:
To all users participating in this mod!

DanJonMin officially left me free hand in developing Community Shattered Europe.

What does it actually mean?
- Current version of mod will be updated to 0.1.1u, I will add everyone who wants to have a game in current form.
- After this, I wish to start a new thread, where I will introduce all planned changes...

What will change in 0.2.0 version?
1) Somewhat revised and updated rules of submitting characters - traits, etc.
2) I'll finally add what Dan has planned long ago, just never had a chance to implement - duchies.
- First (added) character within de jure duchy will be granted a title.
- Other character will stay independent and gain casus belli for this ducal title.
- Characters will be able to ask for titular duchy instead of de jure one. If character was supposed to gain de jure title, next character will have it. Although there will be no casus belli on titular titles and titular dukes won't gain claims on de jure titles as well.
3) Possible 867 start date. I have to think more about this, as probably not all of you have The Old Gods DLC already, and I'm not sure if 867 scenario for CSE would work without it (this has to be tested yet). Besides, maybe not all of you would even be interested in it, I mean - TOG mechanics works also in 1066, so maybe you might not need to start earlier.
Besides, there are 2 options how this might be introduced:
A. Export all current characters to new start date
Pros:
- All current characters will be available in both start dates
Cons:
- Requires to have separate versions of mod
- same set of available characters; there won't be any changes in existing characters, unless people decide to post any
B. Let people add new characters, from the beginning
Pros:
- One single version of mod, characters don't recur
- New beginning: all provinces occupied in 1066 will be available in 867!
- Character set adjusted to TOG changes - it should mean more pagan rulers, etc.
Cons:
- Starting from 0: little available characters until it expands
- if you want to play both dates you need to submit new character (unless you don't mind being Robert II in 867 and Robert IV* in 1066)

You can post your opinion here, if you'd like to.

- - - - - - - - - - -

* -> I will give ducal titles to your predecessors as well, so if your father was Robert and you are Robert, technically you are Robert II, but! if you have two same families in different time periods there will be FOUR Roberts - twice you and twice your father.

Last edited:
Version 0.1.1u available!

You can download it here: View attachment CSE 0.1.1u.zip

Unfortunately there is a bug that CTD at October 9th after you begin the new game. It's somehow related with 9th day of month... When I changed start date to 01.01.1067, it also crashed at Jan 9th.

When you save the game before this day and reload everything should work fine.

Anyone willing to help me find the cause will be appreciated.

- - - - - -

EDIT: I can't find anything causing crash in files. Theoretically everything should work fine!

Do you actually experience this bug as well? Maybe it's only me...

Last edited:
County -

Modena

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028223
}

Dynasty -

1000008616 = {
name="Gemmi"
culture = Italian
}

Characters -

1000028223 = {
name="Andrea"
dynasty=1000008616
martial=10
diplomacy=5
intrigue=10
stewardship=8
religion="Catholic"
culture="Italian"
add_trait="proud"
add_trait="wroth"
add_trait="deceitful"
1056.4.11 = {
birth="10XX.X.XX" #Must be same as above, before 1066.1.1
}
{
death="1136.1.1" #Must be same as above
}
}
"

(It's too late?)

Could you remove cultural and religious requirements from titles? I just saw I can't form either Greece or Byzantium :p

I could - if I would change this mod from character's database into bigger mini-mod.

But I don't want to without reason, because thanks to it you are now able to use it with most of other mods. I use(d) it myself successfully with titular titles generator, Yet More Titles, Flavourful Titular Titles, The Prince and The Thane, Project Balance (with Shattered Balance option), CoA packs like ARKO and Patrum Scuta... and SWMH map mod! And people reported using it even with Lux Invicta!

All because CSE overwrites only "history\characters", "history\titles", "history\wars" folders and few files in "history\provinces". So now the only requirement for other mods is to remove "history\characters" and/or "history\titles" folder from them (if they have any). And I say this step is just in case if in-game overwrite wouldn't work.

So in short - no. Find or make a mod that will do it and use with CSE.

I could - if I would change this mod from character's database into bigger mini-mod.

But I don't want to without reason, because thanks to it you are now able to use it with most of other mods. I use(d) it myself successfully with titular titles generator, Yet More Titles, Flavourful Titular Titles, The Prince and The Thane, Project Balance (with Shattered Balance option), CoA packs like ARKO and Patrum Scuta... and SWMH map mod! And people reported using it even with Lux Invicta!

All because CSE overwrites only "history\characters", "history\titles", "history\wars" folders and few files in "history\provinces". So now the only requirement for other mods is to remove "history\characters" and/or "history\titles" folder from them (if they have any). And I say this step is just in case if in-game overwrite wouldn't work.

So in short - no. Find or make a mod that will do it and use with CSE.
Ah, I see. I'll try using Flavourful Titular Titles with it. Thanks for the answer.

Ah, I see. I'll try using Flavourful Titular Titles with it. Thanks for the answer.

No problem. :)

I vote for option B! Then I can make a new character in a pagan area rather than being trapped in greece with the other.

Okay, 1 point for Option B.

Remember that nothing stops you from editing your current character in anyway you like (strict to rules, ofc). ;)

By the way, does anyone still remember that there's actually no limit of submitted characters - also for other counties? The only rule was that when you submit characters for two counties, they can't be related, so they won't inherit from each other.

Last edited:
I can't resist putting my hat into this.

First, however, I would like to vote for option B regarding the OG start date, and also ask that (if you do Dukes) that my character be the Duke of Tuscany

Hopefully I do this right:

County -

Florence

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028224
}

Dynasty -

1000008618 = {
name="Fiori"
culture = Italian
}

Characters -

1000028224 = {
name="Michele"
dynasty=1000008617
martial=8
diplomacy=10
intrigue=6
stewardship=9
religion="Catholic"
culture="Italian"
add_trait="Just"
add_trait="Depressed"
add_trait="Scholar"
1049.12.30 = {
birth="1049.12.30"
}

1118.1.1 = {
death="1118.1.1"

Alright, is there anything wrong?

Last edited:
I can't resist putting my hat into this.

First, however, I would like to vote for option B regarding the OG start date, and also ask that (if you do Dukes) that my character be the Duke of Tuscany.

Alright, so 2 points for B.

And dukes will come whenever I'll start working on 0.2 version. First I should find this stupid bug causing game crash... or give up on trying. I really can't see anything wrong in mod files, everything should work fine, and it works normal when you skip this bug with my suggested method.

Maybe it's just me who has it... Anyone experienced this game crash? Anyone tried?

Alright, is there anything wrong?

Just two things:
1) users already submitted from my last char/dynasty ID reminder, and they are already messed up. Your dyn ID should be ...08618 and char ID ...28224.
2) Traits like quick, strong, ambitious are not allowed.

- - - - -

NEXT CHARACTER ID = 1000028225
NEXT DYNASTY ID = 1000008619

Last edited:
Repost for Sparticulous

County of Smyrna

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028099
}

Dynasty -

1000008550 = {
name="Palaiologos"
culture = Greek
}

Characters -

1000028099 = {
name="Sparticulous"
dynasty=1000008550
martial=8
diplomacy=10
intrigue=7
stewardship=15
religion="orthodox"
culture="greek"
add_trait="midas_touch"
add_trait="just"
add_trait="diligent"
add_trait="content"
1048.17.9 = {
birth="1048.17.9" #Must be same as above, before 1066.1.1
}
}

Can I make my character 3 years older? So he doesn't start as a child.
I also got rid of ambitious since you are asking people not to use it and changed it to diligent + content

County -

Dyfed

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028225
}

Dynasty -

1000008619 = {
name="Emrysing"
culture = welsh
}

Characters -

1000028225 = {
name="Hywel"
dynasty=1000008519
martial=3
diplomacy=6
intrigue=4
stewardship=7
learning=8
religion="catholic"
culture="welsh"
add_trait="underhanded_rogue"
add_trait="just"
add_trait="zealous"
1049.12.14 = {
birth="1049.12.14" #Must be same as above, before 1066.1.1
}
}

Can I make my character 3 years older? So he doesn't start as a child.
I also got rid of ambitious since you are asking people not to use it and changed it to diligent + content

It was actually Dan's rule targeting those traits, but he wasn't cautious for later updates and put some characters with those traits into the file. I'm rather more aware of what people posts here, and I was keeping this rule, no matter how I wish to give ambitious to my own character :p

What's important, Ambitious trait gives AI boost, and in some mods is the only way to declare wars. Stats boost isn't much problem, as you can lose this trait (unlike the congenital traits) through events.

But I was already thinking of changing some of Dan's rules. So I may consider enabling it. You can leave it, just put "#" before the line, so the game won't see it for now, and if I decide to change this rule, I will just make it active to your char, disabling the last trait you have. How about that?