• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are do you guys use the greek portraits for the Imperial group, and not the or not the bretons.

Theyre not, just deselect the DLC when you load the game.

Speaking of previews, before I nip off to bed...
(This is the next preview, not the next-next *swiftly edits his previous post*, I'll show the small rebel change in the next-next one :p).

Since we're talking of legitimacy, I realised while copy-pasting this from my text file that what I mention here could be used as a facet of the legitimacy system too...hm...

0.1.4 Preview #2 ~ Bloodlines

Ga4CdZQ.jpg

Previously I gave you a preview of the upcoming Slavery system present in 0.1.4. Today I'm
going to be showcasing a much simpler system that is mostly just for flavour, that of Bloodlines.

ikTE2BF.jpg

Right now the implemented Bloodlines consist of the Reman, Eplear, Olo, Faolan, Frandar, and
several others, each with a small bit of text, a unique coloured blood icon and a small boost
to a single attribute.

XyBNxz0.jpg

For the player, as stated, these serve more as flavour, linking existing Dynasties to their
ancient predecessors, but for the AI they hold a little more impact as they influence the
ambition, zeal and honor of these descendents of past heroes, to push them to try to
recreate the feats of their ancestors.

ivlTUx2.jpg

To keep this system as simplistic and less resource intensive as possible, I have opted to use the
agnatic form of trait inheritance. This means unfortunately that the bloodlines are only passed through
the male lines, although hopefully in the future Paradox will add enatic and cognatic variants
of this command, allowing the lines to be inherited via alternate means :)

BYA0TXz.jpg

(the localisation is WIP)

You as the player can also create a "new" bloodline when forming the Empire of Tamriel. When
your character dies, and they ascend to become the Ninth Divine, all of their children and living
descendents at the time gain the "Divine Bloodline" trait, which marks them out as the living children
of a veritable God.

Finally, in addition to the above, I will be including in the mod instructions on how to create your own
unique bloodlines with just a few moments work; allowing you to customise your world a little more.

And that's all for this one; If you have suggestions for other Bloodlines to add, let me know ;)

Speaking of previews, before I nip off to bed...
(This is the next preview, not the next-next *swiftly edits his previous post*, I'll show the small rebel change in the next-next one :p).

Since we're talking of legitimacy, I realised while copy-pasting this from my text file that what I mention here could be used as a facet of the legitimacy system too...hm...

0.1.4 Preview #2 ~ Bloodlines

Ga4CdZQ.jpg

Previously I gave you a preview of the upcoming Slavery system present in 0.1.4. Today I'm
going to be showcasing a much simpler system that is mostly just for flavour, that of Bloodlines.

ikTE2BF.jpg

Right now the implemented Bloodlines consist of the Reman, Eplear, Olo, Faolan, Frandar, and
several others, each with a small bit of text, a unique coloured blood icon and a small boost
to a single attribute.

XyBNxz0.jpg

For the player, as stated, these serve more as flavour, linking existing Dynasties to their
ancient predecessors, but for the AI they hold a little more impact as they influence the
ambition, zeal and honor of these descendents of past heroes, to push them to try to
recreate the feats of their ancestors.

ivlTUx2.jpg

To keep this system as simplistic and less resource intensive as possible, I have opted to use the
agnatic form of trait inheritance. This means unfortunately that the bloodlines are only passed through
the male lines, although hopefully in the future Paradox will add enatic and cognatic variants
of this command, allowing the lines to be inherited via alternate means :)

BYA0TXz.jpg

(the localisation is WIP)

You as the player can also create a "new" bloodline when forming the Empire of Tamriel. When
your character dies, and they ascend to become the Ninth Divine, all of their children and living
descendents at the time gain the "Divine Bloodline" trait, which marks them out as the living children
of a veritable God.

Finally, in addition to the above, I will be including in the mod instructions on how to create your own
unique bloodlines with just a few moments work; allowing you to customise your world a little more.

And that's all for this one; If you have suggestions for other Bloodlines to add, let me know ;)
Neravine, when you finally get that added XD

That looks cool. its probably best to leave it agnatic, or else almost every character would need to have one, or two, or three the start and their descendants would end up with even more.
It means more if its the unbroken male line then just descended from. As everyones descended from, but male line makes them special, makes them an heir.

Maybe a line for each of the named dunmer house familes? giving a diplomacy +1. So that Telvanni's are more likely to be elected to head of house Telvanni and Dres to Dres and etc.

That looks cool. its probably best to leave it agnatic, or else almost every character would need to have one, or two, or three the start and their descendants would end up with even more.
It means more if its the unbroken male line then just descended from. As everyones descended from, but male line makes them special, makes them an heir.

I kind of wanted to make it enatic based, rather than agnatic, so it passes through the mother. Makes more sense genetically.

I kind of wanted to make it enatic based, rather than agnatic, so it passes through the mother. Makes more sense genetically.

Also easier to prove. With there now being a succession law for it its possible a trait succession for it might be on paradoxs to-do-list.

Awesome :D

Will one be able to claim a bloodline? Was just thinking perhaps it would be interesting of adding "unkown" bloodlines? Like for instance the Night Mother. No body knows who she really is but she ieither lived in the second or first era. So there possibly could be descendants of her that still live when the game starts. Sounds interesting? :D
The Night Mother is likely to have lived during the Second Era,[1] although the woman represented by the statue in Bravil lived in the First Era,[2] which suggests the two are not the same person.

The earliest written record of the Dark Brotherhood ever existing is also after your start date I think?

I like the bloodline stuff it sounds pretty cool.
On legitimacy, as well as artefacts the people who've created empires in ES lore have used places to legitimise their rights (usually the imperial city)
Both Chulecain and Titus Mede I only declared the Empire after taking the city. Holding the traditional seats of power is a good way to add legitimacy and of course to lose it if a pretender holds those positions.

what happened to the flags, the nordic flags are missing like white run and the pale, and the empires flag, or is there two downloads and i didnt complete the download because it says 0.1.3a

and by the way this mod is worthy of being its own dlc and maybe a game if paradox and Bethesda would work on it or publish it, i would by it for 59.99

Of course, by using agnatic descent for the bloodlines, you run into the lore-correct situation where Uriel VII would not have the "Septim descent" trait. :)

(Pssst: a dev is posting here. If he likes the mod enough, maybe he'll add enatic and cognatic inheritance for traits!)

Will there be something like dynasty fading, like when you marry into other families and over time there blood isnt as whole, and if you marry a family member your blood becomes closer to the main family.

I wanted to congratulate the devs on this mod. A few months ago when it was released I had some issues because my PC was kinda bad, but now my new notebook runs it nicely. I had lots of fun with my Empire of Tamriel until the flu obliterated High Rock and slowed my game to a turtle-snail pace. I applaud you all, except for the guy who made the flu, damn your seventh grandfather! :p .

Will there be something like dynasty fading, like when you marry into other families and over time there blood isnt as whole, and if you marry a family member your blood becomes closer to the main family.
That... doesn't make much sense, I think.

Well, if the trait is strictly agnatic spread, than I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.