• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's another war? Apr 1st to Jun 30th 1817

Von Borberek takes Aarhus and now attempts the Odense crossing.

In the east the Galloper Army has arrived to find the Moldavians at Cernowitz and the Wallachians at Karlsburg. They head for Cernowitz. Other troops should arrive in theatre soon.

Von Borberek makes it to Odense brushing aside a unit of Danish cavalry before laying siege to the town.

On the Algerian border our envoys are once again rebuffed by the Moroccans.
waw1_zps8a63982e.jpg

The British make a continental landing.
waw2_zps5fab546b.jpg

Von Bellegarde begins the long march to Sicily.

Karl's army crosses the Moroccan border and lays siege to Spanish Melila.

Von Wurtemburg who was heading for Ceuta, marches into the sandy interior to counter Moroccan movement.
waw3_zpsd6da4d71.jpg

A lone British transport is spotted, it proves to be an ambush!
waw4_zps9333ae17.jpg

At Taza von Wurtemburg drives back the locals.
waw5_zpsded0858c.jpg

In the east Kollowrath-Krakowski overruns the Wallachians at Karlsburg and marches for Plevne.

Josef's troops reach Kutlofca and begin a siege.

Von Wurtemburg reaches the Moroccan capital of Fes. After defeating a local mob the army is split with half staying to lay siege to the city and half pushing west to invest Tanger. The Moroccans repeatedly attempt to break out.
waw6_zpsce52c3fd.png

Kollowrath-Krakowski's army splits in two to lay siege to both Plevne and Rushuk.

The Galloper Army is in Moldavia waging economic warfare. There appears to be building work in each province there, the army gallops across the land laying ruin to them all.

We adopt the Army Corps idea.

Frederica falls.
waw7_zps57b0d6c4.jpg

Odense falls when von Borberek makes a breach in it's walls.

Denmark capitulates.
waw8_zps3c22f349.jpg

After only 40 days of siege Kutlofca surrenders.

Construction begins on a depot at Kiel.

Civilised development begins at Warschau.

Josef reaches and storms Filibe.

The British land in Holland. With plenty of warning a reception is prepared.
waw9_zpsdecd217d.jpg

Another transport appears and starts to disembark troops, von Hiller awaits their arrival.

Plevne surrenders the leaderless troops move east to lay siege to Silistre.

Out of nothing more than spite and revenge the empire continues to grow. If Denmark had stayed out of matters that didn't concern them we wouldn't have ended up with territory that far north.

On land we work on the principle if we can reach you, you will suffer. On sea we just have to suck it up and take our beatings in silence.

Despite lacking any form of leadership on the seas Austria is managing to project her power across the Mediterranean, good work. It is a shame the long unloading times have held back your original plans, but they hardly seem to have dented the ambition if the Empire. Good work, with 2 and a half years remaining it appears to be a case of how much, rather than what conquests are to be made.

Despite lacking any form of leadership on the seas Austria is managing to project her power across the Mediterranean, good work. It is a shame the long unloading times have held back your original plans, but they hardly seem to have dented the ambition if the Empire. Good work, with 2 and a half years remaining it appears to be a case of how much, rather than what conquests are to be made.

Thank you, spite and viciousness will continue to drive Greater Austria onwards :)

When they fix the game I'm going to do a Dallas, von Wurtemburg will awake in a Viennese Coffee house and realise what a horrible dream he has had. I'll then reload it from just after the Brits declared war and play out the last few years, I may even post it as a mini AAR.

Don't say you haven't been warned :)

Six months of attrition Jul 1st to Dec 31st 1817

From his conquest of Filibe, Josef marches his army south to the Aegean coast before swinging east to attack Edirne from the south.

Having finished it's raiding war in Moldavia the Galloper Army had settled into siege work at Iasy. After 61 days the city surrenders. The army ride east for Ismail.

In Spanish Morocco Karl accepts the surrender of Melilla after 76 days of siege. Next target Ceuta.

The Egyptians have gone on the assault in Palestine. This is the furthest the Egyptians ever seem to advance into Ottoman territory.
6moa2_zps391a625b.jpg

Satellite troops pour into the eastern theatre of the wars.
6moa3_zps401911a8.jpg

The siege iof Tanger is lifted!
6moa4_zpsddcf784d.jpg

Edirne surrenders.
6moa5_zps20d22d4c.jpg

The next day Rushuk falls to assault.
6moa6_zps7e371751.jpg

Kollowrath-Krakowski marches this half of his army to lay siege to Kostantinyye.

Karl diverts from the march on Ceuta to strike the Moroccans.
6moa7_zps32c94872.jpg

Josef storms Burgas.
6moa8_zpsf131d562.jpg

West of Kostantinyye only Ismail and Silistre are not in Austrian hands.

The road upgrade project in Veldes is completed.

Civilised development is started in Graz province.

At the Straits of Messina the navy attempts to drive off the British and clear a crossing to liberate Sicily.
6moa9_zpsda973b6d.jpg

Josef crosses the Dardanelles and marches for Bursa.

Spain offers a white peace which we refuse. Perhaps if we can take Ceuta we can get something from the war.

Sweden joins Britain's coalition. A week later they fail to declare war on us.

At Silistre the ungeneralled half of Kollowrath-Krakowski's army storm the city. They begin the march to Kostantinyye.

Fes falls after 85 days of siege.

Karl marches for Tanger, von Wurtemburg's army lay siege to Ceuta.

Somehow we manage to slip the British blockade and attack a British transport off Minorca.
6moa10_zpse8f16515.jpg

The Algerians lose a transport, as do the British, which only had 5000 troops on board.

Josef storms Bursa and targets Izmit next.

Depot construction in Kiel completes.

Off Messina our navy tries to force another crossing for our army.
6moa11_zps55533562.jpg

The Falling of Cities Jan 1st to Mar 31st 1818

The Navies sacrifice proves worthwhile, von Bellegarde crosses to Messina and liberates the city.

The blockade of our navy at Genova is lifted, in fact all the naval blockades appear to have been. I decide to start combining fleets. From Genova the fleet will sail down Italy to link up with the contingent in Sicily.

Sweden rejoins the British coalition.

Josef breaches the walls of Izmit and sacks the city. His army will now raid across Anatolia until the Ottoman's learn their place.

The fleet makes it safely to Reggio di Calabria.

Eskisehir falls to Josef.

The British on Sicily are caught at Palermo.
tfoc1_zpsfa3b73b2.jpg

Sweden joins the war against us.
tfoc2_zps2995ee93.jpg

We have 3 armies in the northwest guarding against British landings and French or Prussian adventurism. Ferdinand marches his to Stralsund.

The British on Sicily are caught at Messina and dispatched.
tfoc3_zpsadd49bd9.jpg

Von Bellegarde's army start the crossing attempt back onto the mainland.

Cutting a swathe across Ottoman territory, Josef reaches Konya and puts it to the sword.
tfoc4_zps110b321e.jpg

At Ismail the Galloper Army accepts the surrender.
tfoc5_zps74a71343.jpg

Von Wurtemburg's depleted forces accept the surrender of Ceuta.
tfoc6_zps9a12c61b.jpg

From Tanger half of Karl's army and the remains on von Wurtemburg's strike for Fes.
tfoc7_zps28f44196.jpg

Josef storms Kayseri.

Tanger falls.
tfoc8_zpsfea980d8.jpg

Morocco joins our ranks.

Prussia seeking to gain an advantage declares war on Sweden, the Ottomans honour their coalition treaty and declare war on the Prussians.

With nothing better to do at the moment I send a diplomat to the Danes, would they kindly let me march an army or two through their country to visit Sweden?

I think they must have taken the loss of Kiel personally as they refuse.

Back east Josef's storming continues unopposed, minor resistance is met as Adana is taken. Iskenderun likewise falls almost undefended, then Aleppo.

The march down the Levant slows as news of actual Ottoman field armies operating against the Egyptian held cities to the south arrives!
tfoc9_zps3ea8ac97.jpg

We have an event occur, Carl Maria von Weber, something about theft and poison, we pick an option that gives us idea points.

Spain reoffers a white peace. This is refused, I shall see what stage we are at and make a counter offer.

The Galloper Army crosses into Anatolia and rides for Sinope.

Great news to end the month. Kostantiniyye falls, the garrison who have been offered to leave peacefully decide (as they always do) to fight outside the city walls and are destroyed.
tfoc10_zps7c7b572c.jpg

<I think there needs to be a change in the surrender rules for cities, perhaps when they surrender the manpower could be added to the national total, rather than the usual "we give them terms then slaughter them">

I have a question, Where are depots for? I am building them like crazy in my Russian AAR but i have no idea what their use is.

Oh, thanks, the MIGHT be the Reason why my Manpower in my Russian AAR generates more and more everday :D

Satellite Nations Apr 1st to Jun 30th 1818

Josef assaults Beyrut, hopes of drawing a nearby Ottoman army into the battle are dashed when they flee south.
satnat1_zps072fdab0.jpg

The British blockades of all our navies is once again lifted, cue desperate rushes for ports to repair and reinforce!
satnat2_zps7b7f16bf.jpg

The desperate flight tips us over the edge into another idea, Satellite Nations! Why hadn't we thought of this before? We could take smaller countries and have their armies swarm the enemy.
This innovation gives 10% reduction in peace costs, just what the Ottomans wanted!
satnat4_zpsf552afd0.jpg

Our breakout from Algeria ends.
satnat5_zpsca3a136a.jpg

As does the one at Reggio.
satnat6_zps89cf8010.jpg

However at Reggio the Brits fail to reinstate the blockade and our fleet manages to sail to the far end of the Med and sink an invasion fleet.
satnat8_zps4b2fcad2.jpg

Our warscore against Britain has dropped to 16%, we test the ground for peace. Westphalia would cost only 1%. They would not accept even this.

On their way home our fleet at sea encounter another British transport off Crete.
satnat9_zps2579fce5.jpg

Another 1800 drowning redcoats in the Med.

In all the confusion and excitement Spain had slipped down the priority list, we test the waters for peace on our terms. The Spanish will not budge and we have to accept that without invading through France or risking an naval landing....
satnat10_zpsedc44695.jpg

Creeping home the navy meets the Brits yet again, and again, and again.
satnat11_zpsd3d48372.jpg

Warshau development completes.

At Stralsund von Borberek replaces Ferdinand's army in siege duties.

Is it my impression or the AI is a bit dumb in this game? At least as dumb as Vicky 2 regarding transports it seems :)

Is it my impression or the AI is a bit dumb in this game? At least as dumb as Vicky 2 regarding transports it seems :)

The British AI seems rather lax about transports, but then they have almost total domination of the seas, and it's rare to actually reach them without having to flee to port 3 or 4 times on the way. Also the current naval landing bug means it's not a quick sail in and land for them like it used to be so increasing the chance of slipping out and hitting them.
There also seems to be a cycle as far as blockades are concerned as every so often the AI sails away from them all, however there are just so many British ships around with nothing much to do that you don't get far before running into them again. I got very lucky on the way to Cyprus.

France on the other hand has a naval stack with warships and transports of over 40 vessels <coming soon>. Spain in this game has no navy at all, it's either been sunk or captured, Russia seems not to have bothered investing one. Until recently I had the second largest navy and I was about 60 ships behind. I think the Ottomans are now 2nd and France 3rd.

Bowing to the Inevitable Jul 1st to Dec 31st 1818

One lone ship breaks out and links up with the returning victors of Cyprus and Crete.

Elsewhere naval movement continues as normal.
btti1_zps75c68458.jpg~original

On land things are going better.
btti5_zps82ef4baf.jpg

Sweden offers a White Peace, as always we refuse.

The British try to land on Rodos.
btti6_zps879d2d00.jpg

This must be our lucky fleet!

Or perhaps not.
btti7_zpsa1549c23.jpg

I've had enough, we can't float a matchstick without it being attacked and we can't force a land confrontation. Better to lose face than have this drag on much longer.
btti8_zps7e1a5b3b.jpg

Still it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
btti9_zpsa20e0c09.jpg

With money to burn we start port construction work at Kiel, once it's completed I shall start building a Baltic fleet. <spoiler alert> 12 months later I find out that I can't build ships there just repair them.

A quick look at the headline figures.
btti10_zps67b2d82e.jpg

We are at peace, time to do what needs to be done in peace time. Build.

And look for the next target.

Civilised development work begins at Pilsen and is completed at Graz.

So.... Time for a little petty revenge.

Britain wants Portugal, Spain wants Portugal. With troops in Portugal we could kick the Spanish should we end up at war with them again, more importantly we could attack Spain to get at Gibraltar!

Portugal has a navy of about a dozen warships and some transports on top. The Imperial fleets mass and begin to sail for southern Portugal, an army is landed at Tanger. The transports sail back to Genova to bring up another.

France tells us of an Imperial Wedding.
btti11_zpsd82c39bb.jpg

No, really NO! Not ever, not in any way, no how! If you think this is anything but a harbinger for war you are sadly deluded my freakishly short Corsican corporal!

We repond diplomatically.
btti12_zpsac5c2cb9.jpg

In response France guarantees Portugal and a navy of 49 ships sails past my fleet off the Portugese coast. Invasion plans are hastily shelved and new ones drawn up.

Russia lightens my day by declaring war on the Prussians.

The wedding guests arrive Jan 1st to 31st 1819

It takes the best part of 2 months to get the troops back from Morocco and into their new jumping off points.

So new year, new beginnings but somehow strangely familiar.
stwym1_zps3acb8b20.jpg

We shall attack on 2 fronts.
stwym2_zpseee670a2.jpg
stwym3_zpsc3f55887.jpg

Or is that 3?
stwym4_zps63a149c7.jpg

Denmark apparently enjoys a wedding.
stwym5_zps55cd5437.jpg

Von Hiller was at Koln when news from Munster of Dutch activity arrives.
stwym6_zpscfe70951.jpg

On the Rhine frontier Kollowrath-Krakowski's army, which has already been split for the invasion, is split again to lay siege to Colmar.

Von Borberek's army splits at Koblenz to relaunch the siege of Koln.

Plans change.
stwym7_zps69065399.jpg

Munster is relieved.
stwym8_zps035d6d5f.jpg

Von Hiller marches back to Koln via Utrecht.
stwym9_zps5c1ccd09.jpg

Denmark declares war on us, von Wurtemburg who was recovering at Ulm marches north to Hamburg.

The Galloper Army reaches Briancon and begins the job it was always meant for, hunting down small French armies.
stwym10_zpsd0ddbf46.jpg

The French strike viciously at Landau. 15000 guard with 3000 supporting cavalry inflict 12000 casualties on the besieging forces for the loss of less than 2500 men! <and I've lost the screen shot>

The wedding guests arrive Jan 1st to 31st 1819
The French strike viciously at Landau. 15000 guard with 3000 supporting cavalry inflict 12000 casualties on the besieging forces for the loss of less than 2500 men! <and I've lost the screen shot>

Huh... And I thought grouping your guards like that was a bad idea...

Huh... And I thought grouping your guards like that was a bad idea...

Not for the French apparently, and those casualties were when I was watching the fight and desperately trying to withdraw, I suspect if I'd left the army alone it would have been wiped out. Might have made more of a fight of it but the Austrian army was ungeneralled, one of Kollowrath-Krakowski's subdivisions.

Guest accomodation Feb 1st to Mar 31st 1819

Ferdinand strikes Mouton at Landau.
ga1_zps34336f63.jpg

Koblenz falls.
ga2_zps9644e1d0.jpg

After taking Koblenz von Borberek storms Trier then marches west for Charlerville-Mezieres.

Charlerville-Mezieres falls, so begins the latest storm raid across France. South to Reims.

The Galloper Army strikes again.
ga3_zps3c0cbde8.jpg

The blockade of southern France is rethought!
ga4_zpsb591b52f.jpg

But if there is one thing the Austrian Navy is good at, it's running from a fight. We manage to escape without loss.

Reims is stormed.

Colmar falls.
ga5_zps3ca88bda.jpg

Some of our blockade fleets are slower than others.
ga6_zpsbc5e1ae0.jpg

Troyes falls to storm.

We adopt Squares, +0.5 increase to army morale.

The French Guard sally out at Landau.
ga7_zps9123ee13.jpg

In the south the Galloper Army is racing around between Chambery, Grenoble, Valence and Briancon striking at lots of French units who appear to be using the area as a muster point. By the end of the war they have inflicted 24,127 French casualties for the loss of 4,768.

Nevers falls to storm.

Nice falls to Josef.
ga8_zps6e4c74c7.jpg

A surprise naval victory followed by a return to normal.
ga9_zps55cd0f1a.jpg

Landau surrenders.
ga11_zps4a061e11.jpg

Guest accomodation Feb 1st to Mar 31st 1819

Ferdinand strikes Mouton at Landau.

LOL, read that as Ferdinand strikes Mutton!

Poor sheep

Late Guests Apr 1st to Jul 31st 1819

Von Borberek reverses direction to remove a threat to Charlerville-Mezieres.
stc1_zps9abb44d4.jpg

Deciding to stop the raiding policy von Borberek marches west for Paris.

Picking up von Borberek's mantle, Ferdinand storms Nancy and marches south to take Dijon, he then marches west to relieve Nevers.

Josef's army replaces Karl's at Marseille. Karl's army splits and besieges Montpelier and Perpignan.

The Ottomans, always late to the party, join the French coalition.

Koln falls.
stc2_zps6de2d3f1.jpg

Von Hiller is ordered east to the Imperial capital.

Ferdinand relieves minor French attacks against Reims and Nancy then moves to Luxembourg.

Strasbourg surrenders.
stc4_zps5c4e7bc5.jpg

Britain decides to subsidise France.

Mainz surrenders.
stc5_zps82e8fffe.jpg

Ferdinand encounters Lannes on the way to Paris.
stc6_zps94461e27.jpg

Moving west his troops storm Rouen then turn south to Orleans.

Marseille surrenders.
stc7_zps505b973f.jpg

Josef marches east for Funfkirchen near the Serbian border.

The Ottomans move into Wallachia.
stc8_zpsd4a84db1.jpg

They only have 91,220 troops and most are in Wallachia.

Orleans falls to storm.

France and Sweden make a White Peace.

Von Hiller marches further east from Wien to Klausenburg.

Toulon surrenders.

Von Bellegarde marches north and storms Valence.

In the east the Ottomans divide their forces, von Hiller marches to take advantage of their folly.

Von Bellegarde takes Rodez.

Montpellier surrenders.
stc11_zps89efea1a.jpg

The army reunites at Perpignan.

Porrentruy surrenders after 131 days of siege.

The HRE take Verdun.

Aurillac is stormed.

Ferdinand arrives at Bourge and finds it too strong to storm, Limoges is targetted instead.

Hamburg falls after 157 days of siege.

A harsh battle breaks out as the Danes refuse to march away peacefully.
stc12_zps70fca524.jpg

A Final Settlement Aug 1st 1819 to Jan 2nd 1820

Von Bellegarde storms Lyon.

Paris surrenders.
fs1_zpsa311fab4.jpg

Executions and looting commence.

In the east von Hiller liberates Iasy.

The Ottomans storm Czernowitz.
fs2_zps0884dd17.jpg

The Galloper Army take Geneve.
fs3_zpscd880098.jpg

Czernowitz is liberated.
fs4_zps069a9a4f.jpg

The French are humiliated again.
fs5_zps2e341ded.jpg

Berg and Switzerland are enlarged, Austria creeps further west and we gain a new satellite.
fs6_zps3d199766.jpg

Depot construction begins at Strasbourg and Colmar.

The useless port at Kiel is completed.

The upgrading of Pilsen is completed.

On 19th September Britain forms a coalition against us yet again.

On the 7th of December they finally declare war.

They have used the peace to land in force.
fs7_zps667a7d5c.jpg

Spain joins Britains coalition.

von Wurtemburg's army enlarged by a loan from Kollowrath-Krakowski reaches the North Sea coast and crushes the 6,500 British at Leuwarden.

fs9_zpscae47f17.jpg

fs10_zpsa30a2935.jpg

fs11_zps55210b42.jpg

The naval landing bug has broken the game, I'm going to break my own rules! The game ends with us at war.

It's over.

A win of sorts.

I'm disappointed.