• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A war with the Swiss has real risks due to it's 1 Million man in one day policy. The Swiss has a strict conscription policy, a highly trained command staff and a very laissez fairez weapons policy. Every Swiss man is armed, even nowadays. The Swiss is able to raise up to 100 infantry Divisions within 1 day and to organise them within 3 days. The mountains and the swiss' fortifications made it nearly impossible for Military weak nations such as France or Italy to conquer it completly.

IMO this fact should be rewarded, when invading the Swiss. They definatly would provide a total Folks war as Germany does. (Totaler Volkskrieg). Germany allways tried to be able to bring in more than 30%-60% of the total (male) Population as soldiers, if needed.
Well, the current even chain with the Swiss is just the first version of a timeline which I thought of.. It's bound to face changes, for realism sake. If you are knowledged of Switzerland in light of possible events in a Post-Axis scenario, maybe I can send you an outline of the current Swiss role in 'Fatherland', so you can shed your light on it?

Regards,
Tonie
Fatherland

A war with the Swiss has real risks due to it's 1 Million man in one day policy. The Swiss has a strict conscription policy, a highly trained command staff and a very laissez fairez weapons policy. Every Swiss man is armed, even nowadays. The Swiss is able to raise up to 100 infantry Divisions within 1 day and to organise them within 3 days. The mountains and the swiss' fortifications made it nearly impossible for Military weak nations such as France or Italy to conquer it completly.

IMO this fact should be rewarded, when invading the Swiss. They definatly would provide a total Folks war as Germany does. (Totaler Volkskrieg). Germany allways tried to be able to bring in more than 30%-60% of the total (male) Population as soldiers, if needed.

Never tested, and I severely doubt those numbers. While a conquest of Switzerland is no piece of cake by all means, we are at most talking a Finland-v-SU scenario here. Just siege their fortresses for half a year and see how they will do without no food, no medicine and a lack of ammunition, sooner or later. Germany only needs to occupy the juicy parts anyway.

Regarding Fatherland: I didn't know this was based on the Fatherland novel per se. We are not talking the 60s though, are we?

Never tested, and I severely doubt those numbers. While a conquest of Switzerland is no piece of cake by all means, we are at most talking a Finland-v-SU scenario here. Just siege their fortresses for half a year and see how they will do without no food, no medicine and a lack of ammunition, sooner or later. Germany only needs to occupy the juicy parts anyway.

Regarding Fatherland: I didn't know this was based on the Fatherland novel per se. We are not talking the 60s though, are we?
It's indeed only loosely based on the Fatherland mod, as the book/film itself doesn't give too much facts to implement anyway. We found the name of 'Fatherland' appropiate as defining term for a victorious Nazi Germany, but in a realistic matter.

The Swiss heavily prepared against German aggressions. So every attack would cause heavy casulties. But it isn't impossible for the German army to dissolve the Swiss' autonomity.

Okay, you can send me every event-chain you like :D

BTW: cold war tech tree mod is fully compatible with fatherland. simply merge both files: fnished.

The Swiss heavily prepared against German aggressions. So every attack would cause heavy casulties. But it isn't impossible for the German army to dissolve the Swiss' autonomity.

Okay, you can send me every event-chain you like :D

BTW: cold war tech tree mod is fully compatible with fatherland. simply merge both files: fnished.

Yes, but if you want some countries to start with 1941 special forces, 1939 corvette or 1941 frigate, among others, some adaptation work is required.

I'm not so sure that integration with the cold war tech tree can be added at this time. In my vision (and in my dream) one day would be nice if Fatherland MOD combines as an alternative to the classic history path output in a sort of integration with the rest of DHF, but this is just my opinion.
We will talk about it with the team and we will try the best solution.

Is this compatible to the greate campaigne? Can you play from 1933 win the war and end up in this?

Some events could works even without particular modding of your save. I didn't test it, but most should not, so I don't recommand it. It is howewer a long term goal wich would allow to play the mod along WiF2 :)

@Gen.Schuermann Thanks for your suggestions about Italy, that's pretty much how our system of crisis works! I believe that such a move on part of Germany would be costly with others non-puppets Axis states such as Hungary or Finland, on the diplomatic stage.
Will think about it :happy:

@Gen.Schuermann Thanks for your suggestions about Italy, that's pretty much how our system of crisis works! I believe that such a move on part of Germany would be costly with others non-puppets Axis states such as Hungary or Finland, on the diplomatic stage.
Will think about it :happy:

Oh surely, it would just feel weird though, creating all that Lebensraum and then just stopping in front of Switzerland and Italy, especially since Hitler was such good pals with Musso ;)

For your information, we had a discussion within the team and we decided to integrate the Cold War Tech Tree of Kretoxian in the next version.

:)

However, keep in mind that many new units and models are missing their respective pics.

Last edited:
So are there events about Soviet Union launch a full scale invasion to liberate his lost terriroies from Germany. Or do you plan to do something like that later?

There are certain conditions which if respected click events on (the Vladivostok conference for example but also others)

For me the Vladivostok conference does nothing though.

It seems a lot of event (chains) do not work properly yet, still already a great mod.
We've noticed so too, but haven't had yet the chance to fix all of the broken code in all event chains. That's why we've published this beta, it's more or less playable and 'fun', but enough bug reports have to be made to perfect this mod.

In other news, we've succesfully implemented the Cold War Tech Extension mod!

Can you reate an option to I Create a Vlassovist Russia?I have here a map with my proposed borders if you wanna :)