• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do I have the feeling that I will have to deal with Uritsky one of these days? That is if I don't get purged in Sokolov's purge of the NKVD.

Good question; truth is, I don't know (at the moment) if Uritsky will be a persistent character or not.

Good question; truth is, I don't know (at the moment) if Uritsky will be a persistent character or not.
He is #3 in the NKVD, putting him just bellow Pasternak, and making him a threat to him. You mentioned that he is now head of security. I am wondering what that entiales, because I am in charge, or at least before Yagoda's death, of security for members of the Portburo. I just want to make sure he is not taking my job :)

I could have been so many rubles richer if I wasn't a voting member. I might have been able to afford a car that doesn't breakdown.

He is #3 in the NKVD, putting him just bellow Pasternak, and making him a threat to him. You mentioned that he is now head of security. I am wondering what that entiales, because I am in charge, or at least before Yagoda's death, of security for members of the Portburo. I just want to make sure he is not taking my job :)

Counterespionage. You did read the update, right? :p

I could have been so many rubles richer if I wasn't a voting member. I might have been able to afford a car that doesn't breakdown.

In the 1930s Soviet Union? I wouldn't count on it.

Counterespionage. You did read the update, right? :p
Well, I imagine the NKVD is quite a mess right now, it probably is taking Sokolov, Uritsky, and me all working together to keep it functioning in some form.

The question on everybody's lips, though, was how far would he go?

Got it.

Privately, Stalin could not have been more pleased with Yagoda's assassination. While Stalin did not trust the Red Army, Yagoda had an irritating habit of actively stirring up discord between the NKVD and Red Army...

Stay in your role, Avindian :rofl:

That's a hard question indeed ;)

Last edited:
Notice from the People's Commissar of Justice and Interim Commissar of NKVD

Regarding: Investigation into the death of Yagoda

Comrades,

In the investigation regarding the death of Comrade Yagoda, the Commissariat of Justice has discovered the following facts. These facts have been proven through intensive research and shall not be disputed.

- The late Comrade Yagoda has been poisoned by a specific type of neurotoxin, which I shall call Toxin A due to its classified nature. Traces of this toxin have been found during autopsy. Toxin A is commonly used by the NKVD itself, and as far as we know it is only used by the NKVD.
- The toxin has been applied to the food of late Comrade Yagoda by NKVD Sergeant F. Burdukovsky. Earlier indications that the toxin would have been applied to a glass of water are invalidated through forensic research and the relatively long time Toxin A takes to be effective.
- The toxin, plan, and orders to kill the late Comrade Yagoda have all been distributed by Sergei Uritsky, the current NKVD Chief of Security.
- Through thorough investigation of Comrade Petrova it has been established that she did not help execute this murder, nor that she knew of the criminal aspect of Uritsky's plans in any way or form.

Both S. Uritsky and Sergeant F. Burdukovsky have been detained by NKVD security forces, and shall remain in detention until a court dictates otherwise. I hereby conclude my investigation, and transfer this case to the Prosecutor-General and the General Secretary, who will formulate the demanded sentencing against these traitors.

Signed,

FVSokolov_zps7571a034.jpg

Feodor Vasilevich Sokolov

Very nice !!!! Shame Uritsky couldn't enjoy his rise to power !!!!!! :cool:

Very nice !!!! Shame Uritsky couldn't enjoy his rise to power !!!!!! :cool:
Why can't he? He did Stalin and the politburo a big favor.

Why can't he? He did Stalin and the politburo a big favor.
((Well, we had the majority to demote Yagoda anyways (and there's not much chance, that a guy demoted by popular vote get's ever promoted again). We just argued about the definite terms (as what to do with the NKVD, who get's what piece of the cake and so on).))
--
EDIT: Also, he assasinated Yagoda. The practice of assasinating people someone doesn't like is the major reason why most people were upset of Yagoda.

Last edited:
((Well, we had the majority to demote Yagoda anyways (and there's not much chance, that a guy demoted by popular vote get's ever promoted again). We just argued about the definite terms (as what to do with the NKVD, who get's what piece of the cake and so on).))
--
EDIT: Also, he assasinated Yagoda. The practice of assasinating people someone doesn't like is the major reason why most people were upset of Yagoda.
Wait, you wanted to humiliate a murderous sociopath and leave him alive? Are you insane? Or do you just have a death wish? You don't piss off someone like that and then turn your back on him. I put myself into his shoes while playing him, and even toned down I despised him. I know exactly what he would do in such a situation. I would rather be locked in a room full of cobras than do what you are talking about to someone like him.

I'm sure we could have. The allegations were serious enough, the support was there to pass the guilty verdict, and I reckon Stalin probably would have gone for capital punishment.

Well, we cannot kill someone by vote ((I guess you would've chosen a new character anyways - playing as a candidate with that history shouldn't be much fun...))
Actually, if I could have stomached him any longer, playing him in that situation would have been interesting. There would have been pure mayhem and multiple assassinations though. I was never much one for evil characters in the long haul. Not that I played Paladins by any means. I usually prefer Chaotic Good characters. Yagoda is pure Neutral Evil. The most amoral type around. At first I expected him to be Lawful Evil which is a little more palatable. I represented that by making and keeping alliances. Though Marshall sure was quick to step over my corpse. LOL. But as I delved more into the character, I could see that he was "lawful" only to the degree that he was held in check by Stalin. Once he/I felt Stalin turning against him, the amorality really started to bubble to the surface. That was when I began to withdraw from the character. Alkinsis is much more palatable. He is Lawful Neutral. A strict disciplinarian who has a job to do and wants it done right. He will most likely never rise above candidate status, but that is ok too.

I'm sure we could have. The allegations were serious enough, the support was there to pass the guilty verdict, and I reckon Stalin probably would have gone for capital punishment.
To be honest: The risk that Stalin only sentences Yagoda censure was too high for me.
There would have been pure mayhem and multiple assassinations though. I was never much one for evil characters in the long haul.
Well, you cannot assasinate someone else than your own character...
((From a RP perspective: a candidate Yagoda would've been not much more dangerous than a Yagoda expelled from the party. IRL I surely would suicide if Yagoda has only been censured but continued to be NARKOMVD))

I am working on the next edition of the Red Star. Out of interest (and to ensure the Red Star is at the top of the next page), does anyone beside the players from the admin thread actually read this thread?

It's probably similar to The Presidents in the V2 AAR forum. It's too intimidating.