• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What kind of changes did you make to the religions file?

I just made every non christian religions using always random coa(to benefit completly of the new stuff ;) )

I added this mod when I was it advertised in the PB thread, but now my game is super slow, I am using the shattered balance module of PB. It was working just fine prior to adding this mod, any idea why? Do I just have to wait it out?

Looking good, Arko. Advertised the new version in the PB thread.
Next PB version I'll randomize the Pagan and Zoroastrian CoAs, so that'll guarantee full compatibility with ARKO.
good news then^^

I added this mod when I was it advertised in the PB thread, but now my game is super slow, I am using the shattered balance module of PB. It was working just fine prior to adding this mod, any idea why? Do I just have to wait it out?
sorry, no idea about this kind of issue.

Deux "bugs" à reporter pour le moment:

La dynastie Tulunid est localisée "Tulunide" en anglais, je suis presque certain que ça s'écrit sans "e" en anglais.

Les armoiries en Irlande semblent désorganisées: elles ne correspondent pas à celles d'origine, l'arbre de Connacht se retrouve dans un autre comté irlandais par exemple mais il y en a d'autres :Ulster, Thomond, Ormond me semblent aussi bizarres.

Deux "bugs" à reporter pour le moment:

La dynastie Tulunid est localisée "Tulunide" en anglais, je suis presque certain que ça s'écrit sans "e" en anglais.

Les armoiries en Irlande semblent désorganisées: elles ne correspondent pas à celles d'origine, l'arbre de Connacht se retrouve dans un autre comté irlandais par exemple mais il y en a d'autres :Ulster, Thomond, Ormond me semblent aussi bizarres.

you should avoid speaking French. just say, before a moderator does^^

-fixed. put the real name "Banū Ṭūlūn"
-I didn't touch anything in Ireland kingdom excepeted. but if some coa have jumped to other countries there is a problem. do you run it with other mod(s) ?

New version looking good - I will try to make sure the big update of VIET to TOG will have the Arko compatch.

New version is looking good. Some of the CoA are a bit strange, especially for the Makedon dynasty of Byzantium, the random CoA's for the Irish dynasties, the Kingdom of East Anglia being considered "lowborn" with having no CoA, & the Carolingian dynasty arms are a bit strange as well. Otherwise, it looks very good!

Also, when designing CoA in the ruler designer, I don't see any lion rampant, eagle, or anything like that. Which numbers are they? Or are they even included? :) Either way, it looks very good!

Edit to the above - I found Lion Rampant, yet no spread eagle, there seems to be a bit less variety than I remember in designs. No emblems either besides the ermine sash horizontal. It still looks good, mind you. Just seems to be less than I remember.

Last edited:
When designing a CoA I can no longer half or quarter the designs... is that a feature or a bug?
WAD. I've also suppressed the access of old emblems from vanilla for ruler designer as it interfered with the ermine bar feature. I've chosen to favour ingame features instead of ruler designer as both can't work well together^^

New version is looking good. Some of the CoA are a bit strange, especially for the Makedon dynasty of Byzantium, the random CoA's for the Irish dynasties, the Kingdom of East Anglia being considered "lowborn" with having no CoA, & the Carolingian dynasty arms are a bit strange as well. Otherwise, it looks very good!

Also, when designing CoA in the ruler designer, I don't see any lion rampant, eagle, or anything like that. Which numbers are they? Or are they even included? :) Either way, it looks very good!

Edit to the above - I found Lion Rampant, yet no spread eagle, there seems to be a bit less variety than I remember in designs. No emblems either besides the ermine sash horizontal. It still looks good, mind you. Just seems to be less than I remember.

-Makedon dynasty is vanilla's or from a DLC.
-If you have correct sources for those Irish families I'll had them.
-East Anglia : vanilla (maybe a bug but it is not something i can in this mod's scope)
-Carolingian uses the oriflamme flag. there is in fact no historical arms defined for them (as, in fact for any dynasty before 1150)
-main problem is that if i put them back them will spam ingame coa when i want only ermine bar to appear sometimes ingame. the current system doesn't allow enough flexibility sadly.

thank you for feedback guys (and/or girls ^^ )

future plans for soon :
-more norse pagan coa.
-probably reworked stuff for zoroastrians, mongols and east africans.
-introduction of reworked interface items.

Can I use ARKO with PB and with a running game?

I could work I think but no garantees. be sure to fit those conditions at least : game being started with PB and after 1.10.

Can I use ARKO with PB and with a running game?
Should work. I've loaded test games without any problems.
As long as Arko isn't removing any dynasties it shouldn't cause issues, and even then I'm not sure it'd cause any problems.

-Carolingian uses the oriflamme flag. there is in fact no historical arms defined for them (as, in fact for any dynasty before 1150)
I adore the carolingien coat of arms you added, much more interesting than vanilla! I also love the fact that you made it the coa of francia as well!

For Irish dynasties:
Ua Briain: This or this (the second one is a blog, but it does spout some pretty impressive sources at the end).

For the descendants of Neil Noigiallach: This, this or this.

This site could also be interesting:
http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/resources/faqs/12-resources/36-crowns-and-crests

From what I read, the pre-norman Ua Nialls could probably use the red hand on white, the pre-norman Ua Briain's could probably use the arm holding a sword