• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those back stabbing SoB's.

You have me hooked on yet again another AAR. Definitely following this.

I am actually fluent in Japanese culture. I spent ages 5-13 in Japan. So basically, It would be like a spansih person living in america. You are taught both languages as you grow up. I know Japanese customs like I know my American and Scottish customs. The thing is, I wasnt sure if others were familiar with the customs, so I Kinda tried to dumb it down.

I may not understand some customs, but please continue with it. It makes the story that much more interesting (for me anyway).

To My Beloved Michiyo,

I wanted to wait for you to return home first but I cant seem to hold it in. The day you left and we spent that time together, it made me feel like the luckiest woman alive. I actually had trouble walking right for two days. It was painful, but you made me feel loved. I cant wait for you to return so we can spend some more alone time together. I know that is unlady like of me, but these are my true feelings for you.

well. this certainly was... uh. unexpected.
but im not complaining

that's why I really hate playing Japan ...

HAHAHA!! Makes a great storyline though!!

I may not understand some customs, but please continue with it. It makes the story that much more interesting (for me anyway).

Thanks for reading. I shall keep with the customs. I actually feel better writing it that way. It feels more natural if you will.

well. this certainly was... uh. unexpected.
but im not complaining

Neither was she.... :rolleyes:

Yea!!

第3章: Peace With the Taira

The Sound of a horse running with all its might fills the forest. Michiyo attempts to make it to the front line, to warn his troops of the impending doom that lay before them.

Michiyo: I know the journey is rough, but we must hurry. We dont have time. We have almost made it to Kii.

The tree line has ended. He ends up in a large meadow..... Staring down nearly 1000 men. He stares at them. One of the man turns and stares at him. Then, the man lets out a battlecry. Then, the rest of the soldiers let out a battle cry.

'OI!!OI!!OI!!'

Michiyo understood, that this army belonged to him. He immediately ran forward.

Michiyo: What is this, why is this army unattended??
Voice: We were left to guard the the Province of Kii. We have taken control of Kii, Settsu, Yamato, Owari, Omi and now have the Taira capital, Mino and everything north of that under siege.
Michiyo: You men have been busy. I commend you on your strength.

Another Battle cry filled the Area.

Michiyo: But I am afraid it is not over. The Minamoto have declared war and marched onto Kyushu.

The Army was filled with chatter and disbelief.

Michiyo: As we speak, our homeland is being taken down and our armies are months away from arrival. It doesnt look good for Kyushu.
Voice: But what of our loved ones?
Michiyo: I dont know. Thats why I am on my way to Mino. To declare a truce with the Taira so that we may focus on the Minamoto.
Voice: Take a new horse Michiyo-sama. Your seems tired out. This horse shall last you till Mino.
Michiyo: Thank You. Tonight I want you all to rest. Tomorrow, be ready to march.

The Army let out a battle cry.

Michiyo bowed his head, and made off for the province of Mino.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Province of Mino​

Michiyo Finally arrives to the province of Mino Castle, Only to see that it is set ablaze. He runs to get a better look. There he is surrounded by troops.

Voice: You, off your horse.
Michiyo: Who's army do you belong?
Voice: Silence Scout. If you want to live, you will keep quiet.
Michiyo: Scout? Me? Are out of you mind? Do you have any Idea who I am?
Voice: Silence. Talking is not going to get you out of this one. Men Kill him.

Voice: If you lay a single hand on him, there wont be a body to return to your families!!

All men turned to look. Takahashi stood behind them.

Voice: Takahashi-dono, this man is a scout for the Taira. He must be put to death!!
Takahashi: This man is Michiyo Tachibana. The Leader of the very clan you serve. and you have him groveling on the ground like a peasant? I SHOULD KILL YOU NOW!!

All the men looked at each other. Then looked at Michiyo. Then fell to their knees, face first in the dirt and began begging for forgiveness. Michiyo stood up and kicked at least three in the stomach.

Michiyo: Ok, now all is forgiven. Now, How fares the siege?
Takahashi: We actually took control of the capital less then a week ago, my Lord. But have yet to storm the castle. We also have Takamochi Taira pint up in the castle, since he decided not to flee.
Michiyo: Excellent. Something horrible has happened and We need to end the war With the Taira, NOW. March with me to the castle. I shall fill you in on the way......

Qm1kOG2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Mino Castle​

Michiyo: Ok Takamochi-dono, let us talk about ending this war. We are here to sue for peace.
Takamochi: What are your demands?
Michiyo: We will be taking the provinces of Settsu, Kii and Yamato.

Takamochi didnt speak.

Michiyo: This is not up for discussion.
Takamochi: My honour is fading. I am shaming my ancestors...
Michiyo: The exact opposite, Takamochi. You Still have Honour. You did not run from your castle. You stayed to meet the fate that awaited you. Not even the Shogun himself would do something as honourable as this. You did not abandon your people for your own personal gain.
Takamochi: Where is the honour of losing? I have lost Three wars within the span of three years.... The only thing that awaits me now is death.
Michiyo: If death is what you want, then we shall certainly grant you that wish here and now. But what will happen to your wife? The Taira bloodline? Your People that fight for you?

Takamochi looked deeply into Michiyo's eyes.

Michiyo: If you were to die now, your land would be thrown into Chaos. Is that what you wish?
Takamochi: No it isnt. I shall live for now. But I find no pleasure in it.
Michiyo: Then until next time, Takamochi.
Takamochi: Yes, Next time we meet, I shall kill you.

Michiyo's men pulled out their Katana's. Michiyo put out his hand to stop them. Takamochi had not budged. His glance had not turned away from Michiyo. There was a poisonous dagger in his gaze. Michiyo could see this mans resolve.

Michiyo: I look forward to it.

Michiyo and his company left the room....

n7ESg41.jpg

第3章End​

Last edited:
第4章: What has Happened to Kyushu.....

Settsu Province

Michiyo: Are the armies ready to march?
Takahashi: Of course Sir, we await your orders.
Michiyo: Good.
Takahashi: My Lord, Do you have a plan of action? Minamoto has gotten a head start and forced our hand.
Michiyo: That is true. I have no word on the happenings of Kyushu since Akumura is helping our people escape....

Michiyo mouth stopped moving.

Takahashi: My lord?
Michiyo: Sorry, I am just worried about my People and what horrors they are experiencing...
Takahashi: The People will be fine, Michiyo-sama.
Michiyo: Right. I have no time for this. Takahashi.
Takahashi: Yes my Lord.
Michiyo: Go Find Two of your most trusted generals.We are going to split the Army into four, 3000 each.
Takahashi: I have Just the men for the task, Michiyo-sama.
Michiyo: Bring them to me.

Takahashi Bowed and walked away. A few minutes later he returned with 2 men.

Takahashi: These men are all capable leaders My Lord. They will command your armies with the utmost loyalty.

Both men Bowed.

Michiyo: Stand.

They stood.

Michiyo: You there on the left. State your status?
Voice: I am Muneshige. I have served in this Army for 3 years, since the start of the Taira war. I come from Southern Kyushu in Satsuma.
Michiyo: and you?
Voice: I am Motochika. I come from the Capital of Shikoku, Tosa. I have served this Army for 3 years.
Michiyo: Any Family? The Two of you?
Motochika: I have A wife and Daughter in Tosa, Michiyo-sama.
Michiyo: And You?
Muneshige: I have a wife My lord. I just took her hand in marriage before I left.
Michiyo: These men will do just fine. They both have something to fight for and Protect. I believe ranks are in order. You men shall receive your added Koku once we return home alive. You will return home alive. No questions asked.

Both Men Bow.

Michiyo: Now theis is the Plan, The Army will be split into 4. 4000 men for you Takahashi, and 2000 for the rest of us. It will go faster then having 12,000 attack one province right?
Takahashi: Yes My Lord.
Michiyo: Then I shall head for Tanba. Takahashi, You take the front lines in the Provence of Bitchu. You, Muneshige, will take Tajima. That Leaves you Motochika, to take Harima.

All men Nod in acknowledgement.

Michiyo: Good Then let us be off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Siege of Tanba Castle

Akumura: My lord.
Michiyo: Ah, Akumura. Im so Glad to see you. Please, Is Asumi safe?
Akumura: Of course my lord. I would not have left her side if she werent. She is tired from her journey but she is safe.
Michiyo: Thank the Heavens. You have no Idea how much I worried.
Akumura: Im sorry it took so long.
Michiyo: She is safe, nothing else matters to me.
Akumura: I also layed a claim on the province of Harima for you my lord.

7PTEbel.jpg

Michiyo: Thank you this will help us in the Future.
Akumura: I also used some of my disciples to keep an eye on Minamoto's progress. I should be getting a letter here sometime soon.
Michiyo: Well, while we wait, I think its about time I attacked this City.

ca37PBg.jpg

Michiyo: Total victory. We are now one step closer to winning this war.
Akumura: Not quite my lord....
Michiyo: Why, What is wrong?
Akumura: I just received the letter my lord.
Michiyo: What, has our Capital fell?
Akumura: Worse my Lord.

Akumura handed Michiyo the letter. Michiyo's eyes widened as he read farther down the Paper(Fun Fact: For those that dont know, the Japanese read from Right to Left). He could not believe what he read.

tRDaM8M.jpg

Kyushu Has Fallen

And the Mighty armies of the Minamoto, now march towards the island of Shikoku....

第4章End​

Last edited:
Well that places a damper on things

A Big one. Now I have to start minting.

This is not ideal, but what about your fleet?

I agree, what of your fleet? You could use them to blockade the advancing army. (Providing that it stands up against the Minamotan Fleet)

My Fleet is the same as when I started. 2 Galleys and three Cogs. Minamoto has a Fleet of 12 ships. 8 galley and 4 Cog. This should be amusing.

第5章: There Must Be A Way

Michiyo: There must be a Mistake!! There is no way that the Minamoto could conquer the Entire Island before we took one province.
Akumura: I am sorry my Lord.
Michiyo: They must not make it to Kyushu. Where are Takahashi, Muneshige and Motochika?
Akumura: They have split there armies even Further to try and speed up the process. Takahashi is in Nagato, the Minamoto Capital. Muneshige is in Hoki. Motochika is in Bingo. They have all taken control of a province and advanced further into Minamoto territory.
Michiyo: Then I am the only one that has fallen behind. We must Hurry. Send word to the Fleet in Tosa to keep the Minamoto on the Island of Kyushu. Tell them not to Engage with the Minamoto Fleet, as it would spell their doom.
Akumura: Yes, My Lord.

A1Fcy3v.jpg

309dxjx.jpg

XVnUsg2.jpg

b4v1d0u.jpg

LqLd341.jpg

Michiyo: Takahashi-dono! Finally I have caught up with you.
Takahashi: My Lord. We have successfully captured the Shoguns Capital of Nagato.
Michiyo: We are in trouble. Kyushu has fallen. Right now we are keeping them at bay on the Island but there is nothing that we can do about destroying their army!!
Takahashi: This is Troublesome. We need to think of something quick. Right now there is no clear winner(I know there is, Im saying it for storyline purposes.).

A messenger runs forward.

Voice: Lord Michiyo I presume?

Michiyo turned to him.

Michiyo: Yes. Who are you?
Voice: My name is Bentarou. I am a messenger for the Shogun.

Michiyo looks at Takahashi.

Michiyo: What do you want with me?
Bentarou: The shogun wishes to end this Futile war. It is clear that both of us are on equal standings. Lets just sign an Armistice and be on our way back home, shall we?
Motochika: I dont think so. You are the one who started this war. You had the advantage when the war started. Now we are beginning to gain the upper hand you want to end this war?
Muneshige: Michiyo-sama. There is something ill favored in ending the war now. I dont know what it is, but we should not accept.
Bentarou: Hold your tongue Nōmin. This is between me and your Master.
Takahashi: How dare you. I should kill you myself!!.
Michiyo: Calm yourself, Takahashi.
Bentarou: Rabid Beast!!
Michiyo: Another slur like that and I will kill you myself.
Bentarou: You wouldnt Dare.

Michiyo turned and looked at Munshige.

Michiyo: You say that we shouldnt end this war?
Muneshige: Yes My Lord. Something just seems off about it. Why would the shogun just up and want peace even though he has our capital and and home island under his control. He has a larger fleet then us, a larger army then us. Why would he want peace?

Michiyo turned and looked at the Messenger.

Michiyo: I know exactly why. It is because he has a larger army. It is because he has a larger fleet that he needs to call for peace. I know exactly why you stand before me Messenger. The missing factor that we havent looked at yet is simple.

m3FrbEs.jpg

You dont have the resources to continue this war!!

第5章End​

Last edited:
第6章: Reclaiming Kyushu

Bentarou: Dont have the resources? Ha that is hilarious.
Michiyo: Thats right your Shogun has ran out of money.
Motochika: How do you know.
Michiyo: We have taken control of all his land, he doesnt even have the money to feed his men!! Im pretty sure that his 'loyal' subjects are more then ready to end this war.
Takahashi: That must be it. HAHAHA. Then that makes this an Easy Victory doesnt it? Lets just end the war and.....
Michiyo: No. Not yet.
Muneshige: Why not?
Michiyo: The Shoguns men are weary from lack of hunger. Lets go teach them why they should never declare war on The Tachibana again!!
Motochika: Hmm. This might anger the other Daimyos.
Michiyo: Do I look like I care? I will cut down any that threaten my land. Minamoto shall be the First to die!! Men, We March to retake Kyushu!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Siege of Chizuken​

Michiyo: This is the first step on the reclamation of Kyushu. Men, do not falter!! Their army sits there staring, begging us to end their lives!!
Motochika: Then shall we end them?
Takahashi: Not yet, we must save our people first. Kyushu must be Liberated.
Muneshige: The Peasants seem to be doing that on their own.
Michiyo: What do you mean?
Muneshige: The Peasants have taken Bungo, and are on the verge of taking Higo and Hyuga.
Michiyo: HAHAHA. Thats a Kyushin for you!!
Takahashi: Why dont we go help them out a bit, Michiyo-sama.
Michiyo: Lets!!

xRTlr4h.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

第6章End​

Last edited:
With the bankrupty you can wipe them out ... and reclaim Kyushu! but playing japan with its double infamy , ugh ...

I've never played in Japan, how does the Shogun thing work?
Same question. Subbing to see how its played. Great work so far.

@Zoness: Thanks for reading!!

At the start of the campaign, The Minamoto start out as the Shogun.

The only way to become Shogun, is to beat the shogun, lowering his influence over Japan. Once his influence has dropped enough the seat becomes open. To become the New Shogun, you must go to the Shogunate page, Kinda like the HRE Electorates or the Papal Controller page on the right side of the Screen and select the event to become Kampuku. Once you select to become Kampuku you will need the vote of every Daimyo in Japan. Thus, a civil war will break out in an attempt to stop you. You go to war with these nations, and on the war score screen where the Concede Defeat and Form PU or Force Religion button is is a 'Make Them Vote' button. All three other Daimyo must say yes for you to become the Shogun. In the Future chapters, I will attempt to explain it better with pictures.

The bully has learned to cower. Love it.

Oh, you think he is cowering, wait until you read Chapter 7, and the end of this futile war!!

With the bankrupty you can wipe them out ... and reclaim Kyushu! but playing japan with its double infamy , ugh ...

That it is. But thats only if you dont use the Daimyo fabricate claims with your Spy. You still get about a 4 to 8 depending on which province you get, but at least you can get some easy cores.

I already wrote chapters 7, 8, and 9. I find this new writing style amazing, I really do. The reason is how much longer it makes the story. Before I decided to change the way I was going to write this AAR, Chapters 1-5 were actually only one chapter. I was amazed at how well I could 'spread' the story to make it more interesting then throwing out pictures!! But for you, I gues Ill go ahead and throw out chapter 7.