Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 32 - The more the merrier!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If there was system for downgrading technology and system for destroying building, such neverending server would be neat. It would have very little to do with history though. WC would be possible, but as it would be probably popular (thus quite a lot of players allying against the bigger one) and with harsher rebels (so independence wars and subsequent partitioning of great empires would be more often) it could be balanced.

I'm not sure how forcing online play to be online means single player will be online only but ok.
Have you heard of some games called Sim City or Diablo III?

And neither I nor Aladial were suggesting it would, merely expressing hesitation that this could be the first step towards that for subsequent games, as has happened before.

Does this mean that EUIV won't be DRM free? (I apologise if this has been asked before). I don't mind using Steam, it's just that I have most of the Paradox' games bought from GamersGate, as DRM free (except CKII which I have on Steam), and I was wondering if that practice will now cease. I do kinda doubt it because Mr. Wester has, on may occasions, stated that he's against DRM.

e39.png
no
This looks cooler.

Does this mean that EUIV won't be DRM free? (I apologise if this has been asked before). I don't mind using Steam, it's just that I have most of the Paradox' games bought from GamersGate, as DRM free (except CKII which I have on Steam), and I was wondering if that practice will now cease. I do kinda doubt it because Mr. Wester has, on may occasions, stated that he's against DRM.
It was stated that it will be DRM free. You could run it without STEAM.

so it's too late to re-do it from ground up huh? I mean, without necessarily using the steamworks infrastructure? (for example, that NAT punchthrough and network kengine thing?)

You have GG version of EU4? :)
has it even been released? :laugh:
I'm assuming he meant ck2

so it's too late to re-do it from ground up huh? I mean, without necessarily using the steamworks infrastructure? (for example, that NAT punchthrough and network kengine thing?)

has it even been released? :laugh:
I'm assuming he meant ck2

There will never be a GG version of EU4