• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(35541)

Crickett<br>Pieces Interactive
Oct 24, 2004
We have been working on a new patch for Leviathan: Warships and this is the change log. We are currently planning on releasing the patch at the end of next week (around May 30-31). Here are the changes:
  • Added Jazz Mode featuring Jazzy Boatman!
    More details coming soon!​
  • The user interface now scales to properly support high-resolution screens. This should fix the issues Nexus 10 and Mac retina displays have with a tiny GUI.
  • UI
    In-game typing sound effect removed​
    Ships are now re-selected after targeting orders have been placed​
  • Post effects (PC/MAC only)
    Anti-Aliasing added​
    Bloom effect added​
  • Gameplay
    Ship prices balance pass​
    Cost raised on Shortfin, Stingray & Spearhead​
    Cost lowered on Buzzer, Destroyer, Bullycruiser, Overlord, Atlas & Dreadnought​
    Existing player accounts might receive invalid fleet sizes on existing fleets because of this. New Accounts will not be affected by these changes.​
    Beam guns can now destroy mines​
    Artillery and Rocket splash damage fixed​
    Artillery and Rockets balanced​
    Railgun autofire removed from campaign ships​
  • Added the ability to reorder the ships in the shipyard
  • Winner/Loser status in the battle bar removed during replays. Why ruin all the excitement?
  • Matchmaking now saves the latest setup
  • More symbols allowed in passwords
  • Leviathan 1 & Leviathan 2 servers now available for tablet versions
  • Increased server stability
  • Fixed so Campaign planning timer does not reset to default value between missions
  • Improved shipyard zoom scroll on tablets
NOTES:
Because of all the changes done to the gameplay existing replays may no longer work with the next patch. We recommend that you archive your existing replays using tools like Fraps if you want to watch them again.

cant wait for this patch,one thing i did not see is some kind of notification when someone enters your room and you are building a fleet.This would be a good addition as some people leave because they think your afk.

This is great news. Will keep the fan base sticking around.

I ask you to consider actually shutting down EU2 and Lev2. No merging necessary.

Force the players into 1 of 3 servers and matchmaking would be much better, no?

Keep up the good work.

PS Want you guys to release this type of game in a space/air/land setting :D

Because of all the changes done to the gameplay existing replays may no longer work with the next patch. We recommend that you archive your existing replays using tools like Fraps if you want to watch them again.

Nooo, not that I really go back and watch them. No chance for a built-in video render and uploader like Frozen Syanpse?

This is great news. Will keep the fan base sticking around.

I ask you to consider actually shutting down EU2 and Lev2. No merging necessary.

Force the players into 1 of 3 servers and matchmaking would be much better, no?

Keep up the good work.

PS Want you guys to release this type of game in a space/air/land setting :D

We are looking into merging server and implementing more optimizations and fixes. Hopefully the next patch!

I am so pleased to see this :) This game is great fun. It's original, has a lot of depth and is fantastic for 2v2s! I was worried there'd be little in the way of post release stuff, but this is good to see! The game has a huge amount of potential, wish you'd charged a bit more as I'd be willing to pay ;P

Copied from my post in the other thread, but I figured it might go better here.

WHAT IS GOING ON? I don't know how nerfed the Elites are (could we get a full, detailed changelog), but everything is all wrong! All wrong!

Scout bridges now cost 200 points?
Interceptors and Bullycruisers cost the same 700 points?
Dreadnoughts and Atlases cost the same 1200 points?
Buzzers, Destroyers, and Overlords now cost 300, 500, and 800 points respectively.

Now there is almost no reason not to use the Atlas over the Dreadnought, which imo should have gotten a price increase and decrease respectively or the Bully over the Interceptor, which probably could have stayed the same!

With more expensive vision, my Piranha (Scout heavy) fleets have taken a heavy blow. Scouts are now a lot less versatile than it should be as a relatively cheap forward skirmishing unit with decent firepower that could also provide decent forward recon. I normally field a 3 Scout wing with 2 having scout bridges, and now I can't even afford to put a scout bridge on 1/3 for the same cost.

Buzzers will probably now be the most cost effective vision unit, at 300+200 for 40 vision (a decrease from the previous 45?), assuming Shortfins are more expensive. I believed all three scouting units should cost around the same as the Scout, since the Scout has versatility in exchange for the lowest vision, speed and larger profile, the Buzzer the most vision for the lowest durability, and the Shortfin the most expensive, being a typical Elite ship with 2nd highest vision.

TL/DR; I predict that this patch will see fleets featuring even more Bullies, Atlases, and Overlords with more firepower and even fewer lighter ships, which were the ones that really gave fleets variety. This seemingly across the board price drop for non-Elite ships should have included Scouts and Interceptors (and a bigger one for the Dreadnought) as well if it wanted to keep fleet balance and simply bring more guns and more firepower to fights.

Last edited:
I've seen the resurrection and regeneration replays, though I've yet to actually experience them. I've also experienced the Ancient Ghost Ship types with that have gone over the arms limits, usually by a single player (starts with an A or something), though it's been quite easy to defeat in general. However, both are rare enough that it's hardly a reason to stop playing. What is annoying are people who disband games when they're about to lose, but those dishonorable people are far in between as well. Then we have spams, but someday we'll achieve a harmonious balance (sadly not this patch).