• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
P.S Portugal in English is a genderless noun :p
I didn't get what you were talking about until I looked it up. If Portugal is feminine in Portuguese, why is Imperio Novo masculine?
English doesn't have many strictly gendered nouns, but ships, ideals, and countries are still occasionally referred to as women.

While I really look forward to the Appendix, I really wonder how you can plausibly construct a future to this game without referencing, well... what you said you were going to avoid mentioning after that intermission. I'm interested to see the attempt of course, but I don't see how it could be done.

Ok Renns, I'm counting on you to not follow the suit of "No Country For Old Men" by having a wonderfully well written story followed up with a meh so-so ending. I'm sure you're not to disappoint.

:laugh:

I'll finish it so you'll be proud! :D Thanks!

Wow. Amazing job. Nice to see Portugal become the world power it so rightly deserves ! How has your economy changed now?

Welcome, MC5! Thanks! I hope yesterday's update answers your questions about the economy. Greatly improved.

You're welcome but it should be the readers that should be thanking you for all the great content you're delivering for free; so thank you!
Again nice job in Britain and I will do my best to catch up with your HPP AAR, I have a lot of catching up to do but it will surely be time well spent. :)

That's so kind, BarrosRodrigues! Thank you. I've hoped to entertain, and I'm glad I did a good job! You'll have fun with Kriegsgefahr -- it starts out with one scenario, then I go back and re-play assuming different circumstances. I'm hoping I can find time to do some gameplay on that today. I'll have to remember how to play HOI 3! :)

jaw dropping! Surrendering to Portugal, of all players.

Glad you enjoyed it! :D Thanks!

Well, it is understandable you want to finish this ... if we want to be honest, it was palpable your frustration with the German AI inaction that forced you to thinker with it to give is some animation :p . Besides, it looks that the main features of the game course were completely disrupted by your actions ( especially the Japanese wardec to the US or Barbarossa ) and the AI in HoI 3 ( atleast in the version you used for this ), can't find it's own nose without a event that points it out to it :D, so it is not expectable that the game will give you more than a punching bag from now on.

Anyway, it ended well enough as it is. A actual final world map would be nice, but we can live without it. And hopefully we will get to see Locarno again :D

P.S Portugal in English is a genderless noun :p

Thanks! I may not supply a "world map" by itself -- I think that might be hard to read. But I'll show you the relevant parts of the world. I'm working on that right now, using a blank-province map of V2, which translates pretty well.

I don't doubt that about Portugal's gender! :p I just habitually think of countries as "she". Especially if it's "my" country! :)

While I really look forward to the Appendix, I really wonder how you can plausibly construct a future to this game without referencing, well... what you said you were going to avoid mentioning after that intermission. I'm interested to see the attempt of course, but I don't see how it could be done.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to... What did I say I would avoid mentioning, and which intermission? :) Unless you can't say! lol

Thanks, everybody, for your kind comments!

I'm already working on the followup here, so I hope to post something in a week or so. Already have some great ideas underway!

Rensslaer

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to... What did I say I would avoid mentioning, and which intermission? :) Unless you can't say! lol
The story of the Condor crew. You had some characters touch on the antisemitism of the Nazi regime by suggesting their teammates not call them by their Jewish names. Immediately afterwards you said that that was as far as that was going to go.

Given that Nazi Germany is now one of the two world-powers, it's going to be a challenge to describe a plausible future without mentioning the Holocaust.

Great Scott! I fell off the bandwagon somewhere in the midst of your Australian conquest and now I see you've completely annihilated the British as well. Shock horror! And on the shoestring budget you had, in IC, manpower and actual units... I think Salazar can be forgiven if he steals Churchill's quote: "Never was so much owed by so many to so few." ;)

I agree that this makes for a natural stopping point for the AAR, or at least the gameplay. You've beaten the greatest foe you can possibly hope to best, the collective AIs are having a slumber party, and there's no way that you can wrench Portugal to parity with remaining targets (the US, the USSR, or Japan) in the time left in the game. You could pick off some smaller targets, but where's the fun in that after your epic struggle for the British Isles? No, I fully support that this is the place to stop. I've enjoyed the ride and I'll try to take a look at one of your myriad other AARs. :)

The story of the Condor crew. You had some characters touch on the antisemitism of the Nazi regime by suggesting their teammates not call them by their Jewish names. Immediately afterwards you said that that was as far as that was going to go.

Given that Nazi Germany is now one of the two world-powers, it's going to be a challenge to describe a plausible future without mentioning the Holocaust.

Oh, yes.... Well, I meant that for during the AAR and the stories. I didn't see how I could really address it a second time in story without expanding, which I didn't want to do. I won't address "the Holocaust" directly in the appendix, but I'll very delicately mention how the treatment of Jews relates to how things unfolded. I think it will be tasteful, and allowable within the rules.

Great Scott! I fell off the bandwagon somewhere in the midst of your Australian conquest and now I see you've completely annihilated the British as well. Shock horror! And on the shoestring budget you had, in IC, manpower and actual units... I think Salazar can be forgiven if he steals Churchill's quote: "Never was so much owed by so many to so few." ;)

I agree that this makes for a natural stopping point for the AAR, or at least the gameplay. You've beaten the greatest foe you can possibly hope to best, the collective AIs are having a slumber party, and there's no way that you can wrench Portugal to parity with remaining targets (the US, the USSR, or Japan) in the time left in the game. You could pick off some smaller targets, but where's the fun in that after your epic struggle for the British Isles? No, I fully support that this is the place to stop. I've enjoyed the ride and I'll try to take a look at one of your myriad other AARs. :)

Stuyvesant! I'm so glad you were able to make it back in before the final closing curtain! Thanks for your words, and I do hope to see you elsewhere -- you're always welcome! I'm writing part of the conclusion now, and I think it will be a worthy cap to this long epic. Endings are always hard -- got to get the right tone -- but also always very fun, because you have so much control over how they turn out, and you get to really engage your imagination.

Thanks again, guys! Wish me the best in preparing these last appendices (appendicitis?). :D

Renss

Wow. Didn't really think this one would be wrapped up soon so this is a pleasant surprise!

When I started updating a couple of months ago, I wasn't sure how long it would take, so it kind of caught me by surprise too!

So soon? He started 4 years ago :p

Heh! Indeed! :D Finally wrapping up. Bittersweet, for me. I'll miss it, but I think it'll wrap up in good order, which will make me proud.

Thanks for your comments! Another update within the next few days. I've got it about half-written. Need to finish writing, and do some visual aids for it to be ready. That'll take some time.

Rensslaer

Rensslaer,

Amazing, I can't believe this AAR is finally at an end. Thank you again for the great ride, it was a pleasure to read!

I absolutely LOVE to hear stories like yours, Andrew! Thank you for telling me, and for your kind words, and Welcome Osprey88!

I'm always excited when I can get someone else excited about the game. Glad you're branching out into others too! I started out with the cardboard counters (Avalon Hill and SPI mainly) too! Great fun -- miss that, except I don't miss all the paperwork and mental figuring.

I always wanted something like HOI 3. When I was in college I had a room all to myself in the dorms, and I removed one of the beds and put ceiling tile up over the wall opposite my bed. I stapled a 6 foot by 36 foot (around 2 by 12 meters) world map onto it. Then I got hundreds of varicolored pushpins and color-coded them with adhesive dots to represent all the countries -- USA was a blue pin with a white dot, Germany was a gray pin with a red dot, etc. I even superimposed cellophane over it so we could mark on the map. Then me and my floormate re-played WW II on the map! It was a tourist attraction -- people would knock on my door to see the map and the crazy guy who put it up! lol

I was in SF almost a year ago, and loved it! I'll be back one of these days. Thanks! :)

My big priority right now is getting taxes done, so I may be a little slow with this update. Should happen soon, though -- not more than a few days at the most. I also just finished a huge war in my V2 game (Serenity AAR), which was demanding my attention.

Thanks again for your readership, folks!

Rensslaer

That is a great dorm story, I wish I had people willing to play something like that with me in college :glare:

My brother and I used to play many of the Avalon Hill games, we would spread out the boards on the rugs of our parent's living room and spend hours (and often days) fighting each other. I also played Harpoon and a few other general grand strategy based board games. I, like you, certainly don't at all miss the cardboard counters and calculations.

Looking forward to any future AARs you do!

Best,
--Andrew (Osprey88)

So it's finally over... I find it amazing that you actually managed to do as much as you did, and finish this AAR in a good way :D

Though i am a bit disapointed by the lack of brasil :(

Is there anyway you could make the savegame available for download, so i could tinker with it?

Another great update! I understand your reasons and I am eager to read the last updates of this AAR. :)

Thanks! Sorry the end is taking a while still. I've had it mostly written for a couple of weeks, but haven't been able to work a couple of kinks out. It's all confused and out of order now -- I need a little time with it to fix those issues, then it's up! :)

Rensslaer,

Amazing, I can't believe this AAR is finally at an end. Thank you again for the great ride, it was a pleasure to read!

That is a great dorm story, I wish I had people willing to play something like that with me in college :glare:

My brother and I used to play many of the Avalon Hill games, we would spread out the boards on the rugs of our parent's living room and spend hours (and often days) fighting each other. I also played Harpoon and a few other general grand strategy based board games. I, like you, certainly don't at all miss the cardboard counters and calculations.

Looking forward to any future AARs you do!

Best,
--Andrew (Osprey88)

Glad you've enjoyed it! This one's not quite done. I have at least one more post -- probably two -- before it's officially over. I used to play Harpoon too -- amazing game. But I was glad when it got computerized -- too much paperwork. I'm already planning out my next V2 game, and the one after that. And I'm sure I'll do something for EU4 when it comes out. Plenty more to come! :D Thanks for your support!

So it's finally over... I find it amazing that you actually managed to do as much as you did, and finish this AAR in a good way :D

Though i am a bit disapointed by the lack of brasil :(

Is there anyway you could make the savegame available for download, so i could tinker with it?

Thanks! I really appreciate that, and thank you for encouraging me from the very beginning! :)

The way I figured it, Brazil was mostly a friend anyway -- why turn them into an enemy? I'll try to figure out how to do the savegame. Though I don't know what you'd do with it, considering it's such an old version, and probably won't upgrade very well.

It is sad to see this over, but it was epic, indeed! Surely, HOI3 has made strides since vanilla, though, which is showcased well by this AAR. Great work! :)

Thanks! I really appreciate that. It has been quite a ride, eh? :D About to finish up here -- just a few more days before the next update, then we'll see. Might take me another couple of weeks to wrap it up properly, or I may decide it's best wrapped up with a question mark and open ended.

Thanks again to everybody who's been reading, and especially to those of you who've commented! As I've said, probably the first (and perhaps last) of the appendix coming up in a few days at the most. I'm 95% done. Just working out some kinks on the next update.

Rensslaer

Argh... I'm still not comfortable with this. It seems like a wall of text, sorry. But there are hints listed all through to what's going on around the world. Sorry, but I'm probably at the end of my editing and it's just -- here it is. :)

Império Novo

Appendix, Part 1

Focke-Wulf200Final420.jpg

“Hello, Old Friend,” came the greeting, from the dapper young man who came around from behind the desk, assisted by a fine mahogany cane.

Paolo de Sousa advanced toward Aristedes Caldeira with a pronounced limp, but extended his hand with the grace of someone very accustomed to welcoming guests despite his handicap.

Grinning widely, Ari shook hands with his former co-pilot. “It’s great to see you again, Paolo! How have you been?”

“I’ve been great! I can’t get my tans in the jungle anymore,” he said, referring to their many months in African or East Indian stations, “but I make up for it on the beach, or the golf course!” Paolo pointed to a trophy he had won – a golden golfer in backswing. Then he said, "Oh! You'll enjoy this..." He struck a stable stance, and raised his cane up so Ari could see it. The fine wood carving showed the head of a cheetah - a Chita.

"Oh, very nice, my friend!" They smiled at each other with the warmth of long friendship, refined in fire. Ari stared out the enormous window behind Paolo’s stately desk. The entire wall was a window, and from the top floor, 16 stories up, the vista of the Rio Tejo, spreading out before Lisbon, was magnificent.

“I’m TAP’s (Transportes Aereos Portugueses) executive vice president for operations. I make sure all the planes get where they’re going, and all our people, and all our clients… So you see.” He gave a toothy grin.

“That’s extraordinary, Paolo! I’m happy for you!”

“See! I got the jump on you, getting an early discharge, like I did! It helped that nearly every able body was already in service. People like me – people with command experience – were in high demand.”

“Well, good for you!” Still staring out the window, Ari shook his head. “Honestly, you saw all the action. Not much happened after Canberra, anyway. We flew a few sorties in Scotland, but there were too many RAF planes – soon enough, they sent us where we couldn’t hurt ourselves.”

“I’m glad you stayed safe.” Pensively, he added, “You know I really enjoyed those early days. And while we were in the thick of it, I didn’t have much time to think about it. But I was glad to get out. Looking back, I realized I hardly understood the danger we were all in. Of course, I knew we could get killed… But I rarely stopped to think what that really meant.”

“You always had your faith,” Ari said. “You never seemed to worry too much about what would happen. Just another chapter to your story, you said.”

“True. But I have always really enjoyed living! And I would have missed that!” He slapped Ari on the back in good humor. “What are you talking about, ‘my faith?’ You pray all the time.”

Ari chuffed a laugh. “Only when we’re in danger, or otherwise in need. I pray when I want something.” He glanced at his friend. “You pray like you know God is there – I’ve always envied you, that.”

“Well, I hope we’ll have plenty of time to talk more about that,” Paolo said, cryptically.

Missing the hook, Ari simply added, “I hope so too.”

Bridging from that, Ari asked about his wife and young family, pointing to a picture on the desk. They chatted for a while, catching up, but not as if they’d been out of contact for two years.

“Oh! Let me show you what we’re going to be flying, starting next month! I’m so excited about this…” He handed Ari a postcard with the image of a Lockheed Constellation on it.

TAPConstellation_zps89387a8a.jpg

After a moment, Ari whistled. “Oh, that’s sharp!” He fixed his eye sideways at his friend. “You know, I happen to be out of a job at the moment. I don’t suppose….”

“But of course!” Paolo grabbed Ari and hugged his shoulders to him. “Except…”

Briefly ecstatic, and now momentarily chastened, Ari led on, “Except….”

“Except I would want something in exchange.” Paolo nodded firmly at the floor without explaining.

Ari practically shook with anxiety, waiting for Paolo to get on with it. He was clearly drawing this out.

Paolo gestured to a large map on the wall, showing TAP’s worldwide network of air routes. “I need you to be my eyes and ears out there. I want you to be my Inspector General. You would fly the Constellations, of course – they will be on all our major routes. But you would go where I need you, and you would help me problem solve – see where things aren’t running right, and let me know. How’s that sound?”

1945AirRoutes2_zpsd91962d4.jpg

Ari chuffed out his breath. “I’d be honored, Paolo. What an opportunity!”

“You would be an executive, and your pay would be substantial – perhaps as much as 200 mil réis a year ($8,000).” He smiled, toothily, as his friend’s eyebrows rose. Paolo knew it was at least twice what he was making as a colonel and military attaché. “Plus you’ll get stock in the company, and some other benefits.”

Ari was speechless.

“See, you think you wanted to see me to talk about old times, but I had a plan, see…” He waggled his finger in the air, significantly. “I want to offer you a job more than you want to ask for one!” Paolo chuckled.

“My friend, I could hardly have imagined! Thank you! Bless you!” He was shaking Paolo’s free hand vigorously, enough that his friend had a moment of bad balance and almost faltered. “I… It’s more than I could possibly have expected.”

Laughing, Paolo waved him off. “Your friendship and leadership over the years has been a blessing to me – I can hardly refuse to repay what you’ve given to me over the years.” He waved to some chairs, and a small table set with crystal glasses and a brandy magnum. “Let’s sit, and talk over old times. Will you drink with me?”

“Whenever would I not?”

They sat, and Paolo shared out the brandy. They toasted to Ari’s new job – and Paolo’s – and then settled down into recapping. “What has been keeping you busy?”

“Well, I’ve just been discharged from the service after a little more than a year as military attaché to the US Army Air Force.”

“I thought I’d heard something about that. How’s Washington these days?” Parenthetically, he added, “It’s not one of our hubs, so I’ve never been there – we fly into New York City.”

“Washington is hot and stifling in the summer, bone-chilling cold in winter. Not like anyplace I’ve been before.” Ari took a sip of his brandy. “Most of the people are nice,” he said. “Unless they’re one of those who hate what we did in the war. And then there’s no recovering the situation. Passions still run high with some. Most of them never cared.”

“They’ve got a new president!” Paolo grinned. “That’s almost…. unheard of, yes?” They both laughed.

“Dewey should be an interesting change of pace. The two of you bear a striking resemblance, by the way,” Ari glanced with humor at his friend, cradling a snifter in the chair opposite.

Paolo laughed. “So I’ve been told! Er… ‘The little man on the wedding cake?’” Such a comparison had been made to Dewey, with his pencil-thin moustache and slicked back hair. “How did all that happen? It kind of stunned the world, but I guess you know that. FDR was like ‘Grandpa America!’” They laughed.

"I got to watch the election, and change of power unfold,” said Ari, glancing off into the distance at the trees and buildings. “It’s not like replacing a figure like Hitler or Stalin… Or even Carmona. They have a full-fledged democracy there – not like how we vote here. It’s wild, and raucous! But there’s something I find refreshing about it.” He fingered his drink for a moment. “They never see a leader – even Roosevelt – as a permanent fixture. They feel strongly that their vote matters… and so they think very carefully about who they’re going to support.”

“But what thoughts led them to dump Roosevelt? I thought that would never happen.”

“It started off with our 1940 campaign in the West Indies. The Americans…” He glanced at Paolo. “That’s what they call themselves, regardless of how many other countries are American. They got to watch the war in practically their home waters. It was a very new thing to see European armies fighting just a few miles from the states. While no one really felt like it was their war – they’d had their fill of ‘saving the Europeans’ bacon,’ as they say, in the last war. But the president who was watching with them seemed powerless – like a foreign policy neophyte, which is what the Republicans always said about him in the first place.

“Ironically,” Ari said, “Roosevelt had tried drumming up support for Britain against Germany during most of the war, but the people just weren’t having it. The speed of our victories confirmed many people in thinking that they were glad they weren’t messed up in that. FDR – that’s what they called him – never gained any traction when trying to bring the country to support Britain. Not that the Americans really liked the Germans. It’s just that most of the nearby combat was driven by us, and they didn’t have so bad a feeling about the Portuguese in their ‘backyard’ – another Americanism – as opposed to the Germans. I guess we won that public relations battle, eh?” They both smiled.

“Then,” Ari went on, “when Britain fell, the Americans felt like it was too late to intervene anyway. By the time we and the Germans got to Canada, they simply wanted to ‘get it over with.’ Not their war. Not their concern. The war was over before they had a reason to really personify it, or feel like they might have a reason to get involved.”

“You mean the refugee problem?”

Ari nodded. “When the Germans came to Canada, the Jews of Canada fled into the United States. That caused two rather opposite effects. One, many of the Americans developed a tremendous sympathy for them, which caused a very strong sentiment against the Germans,” he said. “But then there’s the Bund.”

“The Bund?” Paolo asked.

“That’s the other part of it. The Bund, apparently, was an insignificant pro-German, pro-Nazi movement, before the war. They grew steadily, but slightly, as the war went on. They might have influenced American foreign policy some, but not a lot. It was just natural that, as the Germans – and the Portuguese – seemed like the wave of the future, fascism grew somewhat in the American mind. But that kind of thing just isn’t very ‘American’ – the whole idea is foreign, and that’s how most Americans treated it.

“But now,” he continued, “there are all these Jews coming into the country. And a lot of Americans don’t particularly like strangers flooding in. They call it ‘Nativism.’ That, more than anything, has driven up membership in the Bund.”

Paolo nodded his head, confirming he was following.

“The stupid thing,” Ari said with some animation, “is that the refugees from Canada aren’t even equal to the population of Jews who were in the US all along. The Jews were never forced out of Canada, or imprisoned, or not allowed to have jobs. The Canadians’ approach to German pressure with regard to the Jews was much like Portugal’s – ‘don’t tell us how to run our country, or treat our people.’ But some Americans reacted to this small flow of refugees anyway.”

“So…” Paolo was thinking through the political ramifications. “So these feelings elevated Dewey into office?”

“And you’d think that, wouldn’t you? But no – I could talk to one guy who hates Roosevelt, and another who thinks the world is headed to Hell without him, and either is just as likely as another to betray some mostly hidden sentiment. It’s not widespread – not that I can tell – but the people you’d least expect will spurt out something to that effect. So, there’s a mixture of feelings. One group is more likely to be anti-German, and the other group more likely to be pro-German. But the big thing now is the communists.”

“Of course, that would be expected, with the Soviet invasion, wouldn’t it?” Paolo referred to the Soviet invasion of Persia and Afghanistan in the year after the fall of the United Kingdom. Without the British Army as a check on their ambitions, the tanks rolled, and suddenly the Russians had new freshwater ports, and lots more oilfields. The effect was to make the world, almost as a whole, forget about Germany and Portugal, and regard the USSR as the new threat to world peace.

“I’d say it was Persia that put Dewey in office in place of Roosevelt. FDR was seen as trying to make excuses for the Soviets – ‘What’s one country, compared to all that Germany and Portugal took?’ And a suddenly energized American people felt like he was out of touch. Dewey struck the right anti-communist tone.”

“Now…” Paolo furrowed his brow. “I’m not sure I catch what’s so silly about what Roosevelt said. It does seem like Russia’s invasion is minor, compared to ours.”

“You’re right. But even though we’re not in the Axis anymore, Portugal did the same. Suddenly, we were right beside Hitler in condemning Soviet aggression, and insisting that they should be allowed to go no further.”

“But Portugal has always been anti-communist,” Paolo offered.

“So have the Americans. For the most part. There was a surge in communist sentiment during the Great Depression, but not enough to have much political impact. The way I understand the American mind, they saw Hitler as just another dictator – someone with just a different take on politics than them, and hardly to be a surprise. After all, it’s those warlike Germans again.” They both laughed. “But Stalin, and the communist system, seems antithetical to what America stands for. So, yes, they fear Stalin a lot more than they feared Hitler – not until the invasion, but once they had an excuse, they were mad to stop him.”

“Well,” Paolo said. “I’m glad for Dewey’s concentration on the economy, and getting the workforce employed again. We may need America’s industry up to speed, soon. Depending what happens with the Soviets.”

Ari nodded. “Yes. Do you think Portugal will get dragged in, if it turns into a hot war again?”

Paolo gave a shrug. “I don’t see us joining the Axis alliance again. And that’s the most likely war – them versus the Russians. But Persia is close to our interests in Transjordan, and India. And we hold a lot of the world’s oil supplies, which will be at a premium, should another world war start. We’re likely to be involved, whether we like it or not. What about the US? Do you think Dewey is likely to align with Germany against Russia?”

“Align is too strong a word. But, same as you say with Portugal – they may not be able to avoid war. I don’t think the Americans would stand for an alliance with Germany any more than with the USSR. But I think Dewey will – already has, in many ways – put the United States’ industrial power up against the Soviets’, and will even pledge US military power if it seems to be needed. Already, the US Navy has taken over the role of world policeman that the Royal Navy used to have. The US has new bases in many places around the world – every country that either fears the Russians, or has joined the pact against them, is willing to do what they can.”

“Does that include the US? It seems like they’re very wedded to not being bothered.”

“And that’s why it’s always a question,” Ari said. “I don’t sense they’re ready to go to war for any reason now – short of being attacked – but more and more Americans seem to think the communists have to be stopped. What that means, I don’t know. I think right now they’d rather the Germans take them on. Do you think Hitler will really attack them?” Ari threw the ball back into Paolo’s court.

“He says not,” Paolo related. “But no one believes him. Most people think it’s a matter of which side strikes first. And I keep hearing talk about one side or another having some secret weapon based on atomic power.” He sighed. “Or both.”

“Hmm…” Ari temporized. “That came up in a conversation I was party to, in Washington. But one quickly nudged the other and he reconsidered discussion of such topics in front of a Portuguese attaché.” He gave a wry smile. “It’s hard getting away from that connection with Germany, even if Portugal has left the Axis alliance.”

“Hmm…” was all Paolo had to say. Neither of them had been very comfortable with the arrangement with Germany, and were glad to be rid of the association. “Might be good if Portugal could get its hands on such a weapon, to defend ourselves from the Soviets. Or… from someone else.”

oooeeh Exciting!

Don't worry about wallishness of textiness, we needed this wrap up convo. ;) Still liking it. Well done with regard to integrating the worldmap in the story. :)

oooeeh Exciting!

Don't worry about wallishness of textiness, we needed this wrap up convo. ;) Still liking it. Well done with regard to integrating the worldmap in the story. :)

Great to hear, thanks! Still trying to figure out what might happen after this.

Thanks for your encouragement!

Rensslaer

Soooo... Wow. I guess it's been almost 2 years since I posted my last update.

I vaguely remember debating whether I would go on after that update to flesh out the "future history" some more. I left it open to do that, but I think I was laid off right after this and never got around to it.

I also transitioned to writing outside of the Forum - I have started a series of epic fantasy books (one out so far, 3 more on the way) and am about to publish a couple stories about Civil Air Patrol (all on Amazon under Edwin Hanks). The CAP stories have their own page on Facebook, and I have an Edwin Hanks author page there too if anybody wants to keep tabs.

This late after the fact it's unlikely I'll post another update.

So the last update was also designed to work as a final update if it came to that, and it has.

I declare this AAR officially complete and concluded!

It's been a really fun run! I had a blast with this, enjoyed all your many comments and feedback, and hope you all enjoyed it too! Thanks to Sir Garnet for writing and bringing my attention back to this AAR after so long.

I really appreciate everybody's support! Thanks for everything!

Rensslaer

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: