• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay here we go. Final date September 1, 1641 with 25 years of regency. :sad: (warning giant image heavy spoiler):

Won the war and took Antwerpen:

This was where the first regency hit (15 years) so nothing happened for a while.

Took the rest of the Netherlands from Spain:

Iconoclasm passed in 1616:

Charles V anyone?:

Spain is taken down a peg:

Decisions:

15 provinces in Indonesia:

Malta and The Baleares:

Manhattan, Cuba, 4 other Caribbean islands:

4 provinces in South America:

400 trade income:

Spain's Income isn't so hot anymore:

Great Job!

You really showed the Spanish inquisition who's boss!

Although they still have one question for you:

Ha! ha! ha! So... Considering you had 2 uncored HRE territories, how did you get your infamy to drop from 20 to 16.7 between 1640 and 1641!

What was the most difficult aspect of the campaign, and what was the easiest?

And there's still 11 days for people to submit games, so feel free to run the game to the end of the timespan and farm money if you're interested in being secure in a podium finish.

I've got a feeling Iwanow has a good game coming...

Infamy burn is -2.24 per year. I have a 6* diplomat, a 6 diplo ruler, an embassy and and the cabinet national idea. I also only have 1 non-core HRE province which would be Liege so being a member of the HRE cancels out the infamy gained from that. Oldenburg was inherited and Namur was gained via a mission.

Most difficult part of the campaign was impatiently waiting for my regencies to end.

Easiest part was claiming all that territory from Brunei and Aceh.

Also is money really the best way to decide who wins? The best way to get a ton of money is mint like crazy once you're secure and take 5 loans right at the end date. I think it should be something like tech which is based entirely on having a strong economy.

Infamy burn is -2.24 per year. I have a 6* diplomat, a 6 diplo ruler, an embassy and and the cabinet national idea. I also only have 1 non-core HRE province which would be Liege so being a member of the HRE cancels out the infamy gained from that. Oldenburg was inherited and Namur was gained via a mission.

Most difficult part of the campaign was impatiently waiting for my regencies to end.

Easiest part was claiming all that territory from Brunei and Aceh.

Also is money really the best way to decide who wins? The best way to get a ton of money is mint like crazy once you're secure and take 5 loans right at the end date. I think it should be something like tech which is based entirely on having a strong economy.

Sure.

The problem with tech is how do you ajudicate between 2 people with the same tech level?

Maybe value of economy as per page 1 of the ledger?

Any other ideas?

Sure.

The problem with tech is how do you ajudicate between 2 people with the same tech level?

Maybe value of economy as per page 1 of the ledger?

Any other ideas?

Maybe the "place" should just be determined by total income?

It's 1631 and i am done. Now it's just 17 years of making as much money as possible. Heavy minting and raiding the natives...

What about one last goal: Not more then 5% Inflation? Because the dutch people were bankers and were always careful not to have inflation? And it would stop players from just heavy minting for the last 10 years or so

Maybe the "place" should just be determined by total income?

I agree.

League Table for this game

name1648primarysecondarybonus1648 incomepoints
Y2Jonathan132210,953.111
homy_dog34------
Terrantor132210,532.310
XRW------
Iwanow------
Imp. F------
Deus G------

Currently Y2Jonathan has the 3 point bonus for 1st place, and Terantor the 2 point bonus for 2nd place.
League Table for the campaign

name1579 NED????points
Mr. A------
Dr. B------
-------
Sgt. D------
HRH. E------
Imp. F------
Deus G------

XRW

Do you have screenshots of having taken the Bank of Amsterdam and the Dutch East Indian Company decisions, along with your 1648 income from the ledger and your trading income from the tech tab?

Apologies to everyone for the rather difficult birthing of this comp, and my thanks and congrats to everyone who has taken part so far!

The competition is still open, so if you want to have a go, please try!

Last edited:
It's 1631 and i am done. Now it's just 17 years of making as much money as possible. Heavy minting and raiding the natives...

What about one last goal: Not more then 5% Inflation? Because the dutch people were bankers and were always careful not to have inflation? And it would stop players from just heavy minting for the last 10 years or so

Well done!

Victory conditions upon completion of all goals has been changed from total cash in the bank to total annual income on 15th May 1648 as shown on the 1st page of the ledger. This is more sensible and sidesteps the need for an inflation requiremnt and lets people play intelligently to the end date and discourages farming. Bonza!

Last edited:
Final Income - 10,953.1

But when i check on 15 may i guess it's calculated for 1st may.

Yeah i was wondering, because i checked for twelve months, and my income was heavily fluctuating between 8000 and 11000.

But when i check on 15 may i guess it's calculated for 1st may.

Yeah i was wondering, because i checked for twelve months, and my income was heavily fluctuating between 8000 and 11000.

I'm sure it is calculated for 1st May.

I think if it's fluctuating that much there's must be a few CoT's where you're struggling to maintain a presence, or you keep losing and regaining your monopoly. See if you can boost your compete chance any higher.

Well okay, i won't start over again. I "only" managed to get 10.500 income. Then i am just second for the time being.

First war against Spain won:

Iconoclasm enacted:

I declared for Osnabrueck and Limburg on cologne, Liege and Spain and Savoy as Emperor joined. Got my cores, annexed Liege and then completely occupied savoy to force them into peace.

My first conquests in Asia:

4 Provs in SA, 4 in Caribbean plus Cuba. I still have iconoclasm and also Bank of Amsterdam:

17 Provinces in Asia, 14 on Sumatra and the malayan peninsula, 1 on sulawesi and Bali + Sumbawa. I have enacted EITC

Here is Manhattan. I have no clue what the Russians are doing there...

And here is Malta and the Baleares.

Here is my Trade Income.

Here is the ledger: I have way higher income then spain. (sorry the the "economics" in front of my income. But it should be still readable)

For those interested: i converted basically everything. And my advisors. I could have switched the trader for a colonial governor, that would have increased my yearly income by around 100. But i won't go back to do that :)

:blink:Wow! Impressive!

How did you manage to get warscore high enough to conquer all of the Spanish Netherlands in the first war?

How did you manage to recruit so many 5 star advisors?:blink:

What was the main thing you did different the second time round?

What was the hardest part of the campaign?

Ledger income page isn't in the screenshots...

I just loaded up my save from 1591 and replayed it. As you see this time i could have even forced them to give me limburg.

For the advisors: I did enact a lot of stuff like the organ tradition thing and such stuff + i had patron of the arts for a long time. I also used a lot of my magistrates to commision paintings and endorse culture. The 5* trader is from a move towards Plutocracy. Although i guess if i had used the magistrates for buildings instead of paintings i could have had build way more mints and custom houses and would've had a way higher income.

Main thing i did different was the war against Spain. It's not that hard to force them to give up one province, but for so many provinces you really need to fight for a long time and stab hit a lot. Especially with only one 20k Stack its pretty hard. And i did not get involved in India.

The campaign wasn't particularly hard. It was hard to win the first war, but to be honest the AI is so dumb and sends only stack from 15- 25 k. I had a commander, a grand captain and a good general, so it was pretty easy to beat them. It was only annoying, when i was campaigning in south italy and they swarmed my provinces with 1k siege stacks.

Sorry about the ledger page. Here it is:

Income is 10.532,3

The 5* trader is from a move towards Plutocracy.

I got the same thing. It seems to be the lower your cultural tradition is, the better the advisor you get from slider moves.

Impressive first campaign!

I'll stick your figures in the table.

Currently Y2Jonothan has the 3 point bonus for 1st place, and Terantor the 2 point bonus for 2nd place.

Last edited:
I would have to say the first war against Spain was having those Naval NI at the beginning can help change the situation reducing a vastly superior force and sending it packing.

Day 1
Gave the Emperor Access. If they want to war me its going to be at Neg Stability.
Still at war with Spain Large Infantry / Cannon laying siege on Ghent. Main army headed to attack a breach. I had to mint heavily the first year didn't get french subsidiaries until later 1579.
yjYOkva.jpg
tazlhlE.jpg

Won the First Engagement taking 6 Provinces and getting quite bit of infamy. Scotland and I had to take all of the Non Iberian Provinces to get a War-score high enough to Stab hit and 15+ WE.
Friesland was given away during A Formal Request Event. Gambled that Spain would get it back. After the war Switched out for QFTNW and went on a colonizing spree. Had to still heavily mint due to high Infamy.

Z1dXnUZ.jpg

3 Caribbean colonies + 3 SA colonies. Manhattan would not stick choose to wait and switch out for Divine Supremacy to take Celyon.

IQgONHK.jpg
Second war against Spain. Very Similar tactic as before attack non Iberian + New World island Provinces. Retook Friesland, Valderen, and Luxemburg from Spain. Limburg revolted and I picked up the pieces. High Infamy still struggling with trade too National Trade Policy.

tCPj3nh.jpg
We are Catholic

XBBwlzp.jpg

We are Reformed and Iconoclasm taken

jooJYYd.jpg

In other news Aceh and Malacca taken.

I guess converting to and from Catholicism makes your king evil.

VvIlZWu.jpg
Love live the Holy Roman Emperor Fererik II of The Netherlands.
Its quiet. Settling in for a long Regency.

xMVVO5k.jpg
War! Dutch Imperialist war goals Cuba. This is the moment I also realize Belareas and Malta are goals. Also vassalized or converted several electors to reformed.

5 SA Colonies
3 Caribbean Colonies
Manhattan + several other NA colonies.

v0K5n6x.jpg

I quickly took Cuba before my fleet got smash. By this time I had swapped out most of my Naval NIs for trade. Thanks to being Emperor + 3 land tech lead. I had the Manpower to defend against the waves of French and Spanish armies. Pushed back took Cuba and Calais

1639 End of war.

VLiQius.jpg
15th May 1648
Took Malta soon after the 3 Dutch Spanish war. After the 5 year truce attacked again while they were in mid collapse. Quick war and took Belareas.

From 1645 to 1648 focused on economy and finishing up colonies converted to the most trade and Income NIs at this point.

qqYkFOw.jpg

n01C5cc.jpg

LakCw9f.jpg

GDTu4Oy.jpg

hGAfQky.png

Thank you for you consideration