• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search through all of your NPC's in game and see if you can't find a very old and crusty patrician with no heir. Use the console and type without quotes "play <patrician's id number>" Check to see if he has a retinue. If he does dismiss it and use the play command to get back to your own character. After that is done, use the kill command "kill <patricians id>", save a new save, and continue playing your game. If another crash occurs, check to see if there are more than one crusty old (any) patricians with no heir. Play, dismiss retinue, and kill all that you find. If the game still crashes after doing this I'm afraid I can't help you. If it does fix it however, you're welcome! :D

+1 Found a Lady in game, head of a house with no heir, killed the character and the game crashed...will now try and fix the issue

I don't know if it's a bug or something else, but I can only raise the minimum levies possible from my vassals.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/597002149164408834/D4848DE9407B716C703921B4C6F8BC6E6D47A6E5/

Dude's opinion of me is 100 but he will only give me 10% of his levies (medium feudal levies law).

I'm a vassal of the ERE, and their crow level is autonomous vassals.

Is this the way it's supposed to be or is there a way to fix this?

Could someone help me with this (if it's a bug)?

Prestige and especially relations are RIDICULOUSLY out of control in this mod.

There are some great ideas and some great event chains...but getting +100 relations with everyone is so easy, and the main reason I won't be playing it anymore.

It's hard to stay invested, when most vassals are at +100 loyalty, and most Bishops are at 100 to the Pope in Rome, at all times.

Some traits like Kind, give something like +30 opinion. And some titles or traits give tons of both prestige and opinion, like Victorious Warrior, etc.

The traits need serious rebalancing.

There are some great ideas and some great event chains...but getting +100 relations with everyone is so easy, and the main reason I won't be playing it anymore.

It's hard to stay invested, when most vassals are at +100 loyalty, and most Bishops are at 100 to the Pope in Rome, at all times.

Some traits like Kind, give something like +30 opinion. And some titles or traits give tons of both prestige and opinion, like Victorious Warrior, etc.

Agreed. The only ones I do not have +100 relations with are those whose children I murdered.

I can cycle people in the in the court and fulfilling their position ambitions. They have -120 fired from council but are still at 100. HRE goes max CA and Primo with no problems. People either love you or hate your guts, there is nothing in between.

Agreed. The only ones I do not have +100 relations with are those whose children I murdered.

I can cycle people in the in the court and fulfilling their position ambitions. They have -120 fired from council but are still at 100. HRE goes max CA and Primo with no problems. People either love you or hate your guts, there is nothing in between.

I'll work on it.

Last edited:
Will it fix the papal election?

I tweaked a couple things, but there's nothing to be fixed. When it doesn't work it's because not enough time passed from gamestart. Nothing I can do about that unless you want a very random system. You can't pretend it's gonna work as smoothly as if it was a vanilla mechanic, so just be patient while I tweak it until it's most efficient, something that needs feedback instead of complaints.

EDIT: Of course it's nothing against you in particular, just trying to explain what's what.

Could someone help me with this (if it's a bug)?

No it's not. The crown authority sets the minimum your vassals will give you, whereas the feudal contract sets how many you actually get.

Last edited:
I'm making a pass at political map colours. I've done the most obvious (most starting kingdoms and empires) but if you want something to be changed now is the chance to say so. If you noticed flashy annoying colours I'd also like to get rid of those so you can report them too (including counties, screenshots are welcome).

Is there a way to preserve the original historically accurate name changes from SWMH in TPaTT? (example Basileia Rhomaion in SWMH as opposed to Byzantine Empire in TPaTT or Hrvastska as opposed to Croatia, Sakartvelo as opposed to Georgia, etc.)

I'm getting repeated CTDs in 1171 in my current Jerusalem game. I've no idea what's causing it-- I haven't changed the mod files at all, but I did use ruler designer for my dynasty. The date of the crash varies, but beyond that I cannot suss out any more info about what's going on. If it helps, here's the save file of the game that's repeatedly crashing: http://www.mediafire.com/?hcvshk5uu768h1f

Is there a way to preserve the original historically accurate name changes from SWMH in TPaTT? (example Basileia Rhomaion in SWMH as opposed to Byzantine Empire in TPaTT or Hrvastska as opposed to Croatia, Sakartvelo as opposed to Georgia, etc.)
Cultural localizations are in the landed_titles file of SWMH, right? It should be possible to copy/paste those entries into the landed_files.txt file of The Prince and the Thane.

I'm making a pass at political map colours. I've done the most obvious (most starting kingdoms and empires) but if you want something to be changed now is the chance to say so. If you noticed flashy annoying colours I'd also like to get rid of those so you can report them too (including counties, screenshots are welcome).

Three:

- England should not be vomit green. It should go back to red.

- Why is Aragon white, when it should be dark pale red, as in Vanilla or any other Paradox game.

- Kingdom of Catalonia. That's a personal one, I know, a titular title! But now I'm playing as them and their bright pink colour makes my eyes bleed if I don't play with terrrain map all the time.

Thanks!

I'd point that they are not historically accurate names but modern endonyms, which is a very, very different thing. Medieval endonyms would be completely different in most cases for a lot of reasons : evolution of spelling (contractions mainly), renaming (if a place was renamed in the modern era like Bar-le-Duc, what point there is in trying to translate it to a vernacular form, that can't yield any good result in a medieval context), lack of regular spelling (that would include differences in translation from latin or between alphabets), lack of accents (no accents in latin languages before the XVIth c. which makes any form using them an anachronism), evolution of alphabet (I-J, C-K, etc), language recodification (provençal is a good example since it has no direct link with medieval occitan), back translation, acculturation of course (medieval england is a good example, the french influence gave english 55/60% of all its vocabulary and placenames weren't spared from the effects on pronounciation and spelling) and most importantly the lack of documentation which makes any kind of consistency an impossible task (if you have a list of names from the XIth c and mix them with names from the XVth c. the result can't be good, by definition).

Three:

- England should not be vomit green. It should go back to red.

- Why is Aragon white, when it should be dark pale red, as in Vanilla or any other Paradox game.

- Kingdom of Catalonia. That's a personal one, I know, a titular title! But now I'm playing as them and their bright pink colour makes my eyes bleed if I don't play with terrrain map all the time.

Thanks!

Aragon and England were among the first ones, with those colours. I'll have a look at Catalonia.

I'll work on it.

It will be good to have the too-high relations addressed, but I think there's one exception. Jewish characters who appear at my court hate me so much there's no way I'd ever assign one as a councilor. Could they maybe have a chance at some kind of "cosmopolitan" trait to represent them living in a Gentile-dominated world?

Great mod, thanks for your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.