• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morgothic

Shogun
62 Badges
Jun 15, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Considering the seeming lack of Paradox activity here I doubt this will be read... but if so, keep in mind Sengoku does still have a few players! And the fact (almost) everyone who bought March of the Eagles now owns it makes this an opportune time to patch it up, or, better, release an expansion to let this game reach it's full potential. Thanks.

Reactions:
Crusader Kings 2 is a better game than this, and not just because of how much more time and money went into it. Also, it has 28 times more posts, therefore making more DLC for CKII would be way more profitable than for Sengoku. CK2 FTW!

Reactions:
Crusader Kings 2 is a better game than this, and not just because of how much more time and money went into it. Also, it has 28 times more posts, therefore making more DLC for CKII would be way more profitable than for Sengoku. CK2 FTW!

What does CK2 have to do with this? Nobody said CK2's team should (nor expected to) work on this in the first place -_-;

Reactions:
What patches is this game in need of? The only thing that I think needs patching that I know of is "I want another kokujin title" spam.

There is so much that could be done to improve and flesh out this game with so much potential.

I think we're too late guys. This kind of thread has been popping up for months and I don't think I have even seen a reply by a developer yet.

I think we're too late guys. This kind of thread has been popping up for months and I don't think I have even seen a reply by a developer yet.

I know, but we have to try. They revived Victoria II a while after its release... we can't lose hope! We will save Sengoku!

Reactions:
Sengoku is great & absolutely underrated. It's a quicker, more action-packed version of CK2, and I still love it.

Yep, and with some polish... well...

+1 With improved economy/diplomacy and to some extent characters it would be a great game. Sengoku just happens to have a way more generic feel than necessary to it at the moment; Shogun TW2 really does that part better, possibly because they're less concerned about historical accuracy (but how accurate are same value kori anyway?).

Doubt you can combat against the average westerner's preconceived notations about how interesting feudal Japan was, though.

Reactions:
This is a good game and one of the few I'm really enjoying and getting into ( along with Rome Gold ) and I have found that you really have to play it to fully get sucked into its charm......

Cheers

I gotta say i'd really appreciate some love from the developers for this title. most importantly in the areas of diplomacy and intrigue. it almost seems like you never need to actually talk to anyone. I'm also not fond with how the "might makes right" system of seiges actually works. sure it's nice to get an immediate return on a conqured holding but it then boils down to how fast you can setup title holders or allowing a vassal to take the land and becoming too powerful to trust. It might work better if instead you occupy the territory until the end of the war, where it contributes to war score and still goes to the person who seized it.

Bah, no dev support on this forum. We need someone with a certain hobby...

[video=youtube;xU72v7TgZ2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU72v7TgZ2k[/video]

I bought it and i must say i love it :D So if anything will be done with this title in the near future you have my vote :D

And my axe! Wait...

We must spread the word, this game must be saved! Paradox have done it before, and they can do it again!

It's a fun little game, though with low replay value. I too hope the idea is not shelved entirely.

It's a fun little game, though with low replay value. I too hope the idea is not shelved entirely.

As has been seen, Paradox have brought games from the brink (HoI3 comes to mind) and made them fantastic.

This game has so much potential.