• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm... Maybe but then you would be the only person the Wiki relies on... :/

Well I would be open for you to host the Victoria II Wiki if you want to. The Wiki would surely benefit from a more performant Mediawiki than the one we have got and, also, from your know-how. Please let it be named Victoria II Wiki and not Vicky2Wiki as it is already taken...

If you register the url and hit it off, I will strive to export what we have got already on there.

Well I would be open for you to host the Victoria II Wiki if you want to. The Wiki would surely benefit from a more performant Mediawiki than the one we have got and, also, from your know-how. Please let it be named Victoria II Wiki and not Vicky2Wiki as it is already taken...

If you register the url and hit it off, I will strive to export what we have got already on there.
Right, I'll see about buying the victoria2wiki.com domain and setting things up later today or tomorrow.

That is great ! :D

That is great ! :D
Heh, tried turning off AdBlock on the Victoria 2 wiki; definitely a lot more ads there than on the CKII Wiki and EU4 Wiki. On those I just have a single ad in the sidebar and do what I can to block Flash ads and such (though Google doesn't let me block that entire category outright for some reason).

I have adblock on Safari for my Mac. I'm always a bit annoyed when I look at Victoria II Wiki on my iPhone without adblock...

I have adblock on Safari for my Mac. I'm always a bit annoyed when I look at Victoria II Wiki on my iPhone without adblock...
Heh, I even run AdBlock on my own wikis, but that's because Google doesn't take kindly to people clicking the ads on their own websites. Single unobtrusive sidebar ad is luckily enough to pay for hosting based on what I've earned since I switched to Adsense after realizing Project Wonderful would never let me break even.
Though I do wish Google would just allow me to block rich media ads (Flash and such) outright. They're annoying, fewer people click them, and they pay less per click. So they earn a lot less money, and are a lot more annoying; there's absolutely nothing of benefit for anyone using the wiki, nor even for me.

@Niptium: Right, I'm currently setting a wiki up on v2.ckiiwiki.com. Once we've got everything working properly I can then buy victoria2wiki.com and direct it over there.
Uploading a Mediawiki install right now. After that I just need to make sure everything is configured properly, and then import all the pages from the V2 wiki.

Will this be a page by page copy-paste sort of thing ?

Will this be a page by page copy-paste sort of thing ?
Nah. I've got pretty much everything copied over now. The pages themselves were very simple to import, as MediaWiki has tools built in for just that purpose. The files I had to download individually then upload one by one.
So pretty much everything is now there: http://v2.ckiiwiki.com/Main_Page
The only important thing I haven't been able to import is the user database. I'm not sure if Shoutwiki lets you export that.
However, I've set up my userdatabase so it is shared between the CKII Wiki, the EU4 Wiki, and the V2 Wiki so you'll be able to log in now with the account you made for the EU4 wiki. I'll set you up as an admin momentarily.

Wow, that IS very efficient :D Thanks a bunch. I have contacted Shoutwiki so that they delete the older Victoria 2 wiki.

Last edited:
May I suggest that Castile/Spain, England/GB, Muscovy/Russia don't have different pages (as with EUIII wiki). They are the same, have the same missions and, at the end of the day, when playing Castile/England/Muscovy the objective is to form Spain/GB/Russia.

So Spain should redirect to Castile and so on (or the other way round).

May I suggest that Castile/Spain, England/GB, Muscovy/Russia don't have different pages (as with EUIII wiki). They are the same, have the same missions and, at the end of the day, when playing Castile/England/Muscovy the objective is to form Spain/GB/Russia.

Arent the wiki pages for Spain, GB and Russia meant for later start dates?

They're not the same though, as to my knowledge Spain can be formed by Aragon, GB by Scotland, and Russia by any of the Russian nations.
And as Sn3ipen says, the nations do exist at later start dates.