• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's very likely that configuration.txt MUST be saved with Windows line-endings. If you used a mac text editor to edit it, that may be the source of your problems.
I edited configuration.txt in windows so that can't be it.

I moved EU3 to "Program Files" and it didn't help so not a bracket issue.

Last edited:
You're probably getting (and losing) a core there. The other cores are just coincidentally tags that resemble your old provinces...any EU3 tags that are not in use will get used somewhere else on the map to replace some nation that didn't have a tag (either an independent county or barony, or a duchy in a low-centralization realm). The logs will indicate what the tag mapping was.
That does appear to be what is happening (though I can't find where Ääninen/Onega actually is getting absorbed into someone else, as the log says Britannia completely absorbed that county.)

As I said, I just wish it turned them into cores I could use.

I edited configuration.txt in windows so that can't be it.

I moved EU3 to "Program Files" and it didn't help so not a bracket issue.

Can you upload your configuration.txt so we can take a closer look?

I added a line to the country_mappings file that converts the sunset invasion aztecs to eu3 aztecs, but I'm not entirely sure how the converter deals with out-of-europe places, so would you prefer I just added a new mexican empire?

Last edited:
Does this work for 64 bit? I've tried most other converters and they don't work for 64 bit.

I'm on 64-bit Windows 7, so I would expect so. When you say most other converters, does that include the EU3 -> V2 converter?

I added a line to the country_mappings file that converts the sunset invasion aztecs to eu3 aztecs, but I'm not entirely sure how the converter deals with out-of-europe places, so would you prefer I just added a new mexican empire?

With that line, the converter would give them their historical new world provinces, but all country-level stuff would be determined by their CK2 status. I could see that either way, maybe add an empire and a country mapping, then comment out one or the other choice so people can easily choose?

Incidentally, do they have standard horde mechanics? I don't think I ever changed any of the horde-related code to account for them.

With that line, the converter would give them their historical new world provinces, but all country-level stuff would be determined by their CK2 status. I could see that either way, maybe add an empire and a country mapping, then comment out one or the other choice so people can easily choose?

Incidentally, do they have standard horde mechanics? I don't think I ever changed any of the horde-related code to account for them.

Ok, I'll add both lines and comment out the standard aztec one since they'd probably just lose one half immediately to rebels or other countries.

I think they have a horde mechanic as with the golden horde/ ilkhanate/ timurids, though I'm not sure- I don't have the DLC personally.

I've got the first release ready to go. Added all the missing empires- Rome, Francia, Arabia, Mexikha, The Il-Khanate and The Latin Empire. Also added decisions to form all of the except the mexican empire (my personal favourite is the Latin Empire). I've uploaded it to dropbox, and you can get it here.

Apologies for the double post.

Hi all! Which version do I need if I don't have Divine Wind? I have all the other DLCs, just missing that one. Thanks!

OKay, I got Divine Wind but I'm still having trouble figuring out the converter process. The first post in this thread links to three seperate downloads (not including CK2plus).

Sourceforge Project
Download Link
Converter Mod

Which one do I need?

Thanks!

I've got the first release ready to go. Added all the missing empires- Rome, Francia, Arabia, Mexikha, The Il-Khanate and The Latin Empire. Also added decisions to form all of the except the mexican empire (my personal favourite is the Latin Empire). I've uploaded it to dropbox, and you can get it here.

Apologies for the double post.

Excellent! I've integrated it with the other mod stuff I'm doing. You can download the merged mod here to continue your work.

Are you using the latest version of the converter (0.6E)? If so, there's a new setting in onfiguration.txt that needs to be there to avoid a crash (and it's not in yours). If not, it might be worth trying.

OKay, I got Divine Wind but I'm still having trouble figuring out the converter process. The first post in this thread links to three seperate downloads (not including CK2plus).

Sourceforge Project
Download Link
Converter Mod

Which one do I need?

Thanks!

You want the download link. Put it wherever, then follow the instructions in the readme.

Excellent! I've integrated it with the other mod stuff I'm doing. You can download the merged mod here to continue your work.

Sweet, will do. Next on the agenda is adding unmapped/ bad match kingdoms in then maybe decisions depending on how many there are. Did you actually manage to get the country generation sorted then, or is it just a preliminary setup?

You want the download link. Put it wherever, then follow the instructions in the readme.

Thanks! Followed the instructions but I can't find the output folder. Didn't appear in the converter folder, or the folders for CK2 or EU3. Anyone ever had that happen before?

Pure awesome thank you so much used the latest converter and everything worked perfectly thanks again!

Technology wise is there a way to not start with 0 technology everywhere?

Last edited: