• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HAHAHA man I almost fell out of my chair :rofl::rofl:

PRICELESS!!! I thought my Ferrara PU'ing Milan was Great. This is by far the biggest dodged bullet I have ever seen!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

It seems like I've been getting lucky with personal unions with my AAR games. When I normally play, I could go through the entire game without even a personal union with an OPM. Let alone something big like this. However, inheriting Delhi will be a pain. I'll be fighting a big war against the rebels :(. I will name it the Bengal Civil War.

Chapter 15 - A Little Housecleaning

With the personal union of Delhi, Bengal has become the dominant power in India. For Ahmad, the Hindu states and kingdoms in Southern India need to be eliminated. As soon as the truce has ended, 5 Jihads were declared to wipe out the infidels.

chapter15a.png

chapter15b.png

chapter15c.png

chapter15d.png

chapter15e.png

Scouts reported that the enemy troops, combined together, only reach 32 thousand me. Bengal alone could field more than that. Therefore, the Delhi army was never bothered this these Jihads. Ahmad knew that his army would have an easy victory in the war and didn't bother leading the men himself. Rumors had it that the sultan was growing ill and that he may not live for too long. The high officials of Bengal haven't verified the rumors but they haven't rejected it either. Ahmad just had his 53rd birthday and a lot has changed for Bengal since he rose in power. The sultan still remembered the struggle to take the crown. Blood was spilled and many lives were lost before he made himself the sultan of Bengal. His proudest contribution to the state was the National Bank. While the bank has encountered troubles and still very much in its infancy stage, Ahmad had no doubt that his state would benefit from it. Under Ahmad, Bengal expanded rapidly despite bordering a titan called Delhi. With the personal union over Delhi, Ahmad knew that he done everything to make his state the dominant power in India. 36 new provinces were added to his state prior to the wars. With victory assured in the current Jihads, he knew more would be part of Bengal. Soon, news arrived from the front line that a great general was born. His brilliance has shortened the Jihads considerably and the enemies of Bengal soon agreed to humiliating peace offers.

chapter15f.png

chapter15g.png

The news of the great victories have the people of Bengal cheering. They knew that great things were meant to happen for their state. Yet, it was a different atmosphere in the palace. The high officials were crowding around the sultan's bed chamber. The condition for Ahmad has worsened and he knew that his life would end soon. He wanted to make proper arrangements so that the state of Bengal wouldn't fall apart. He named his successor and did some minor administrative things. Little did Ahmad know that his death would bring about one of the worse conflicts in Bengal history.

Last edited:
traitorous delhi nobles...

Delhi nobles shall be no more shortly. I assure you.

Chapter 16 - The Bengali Civil War (part 1)

In the year 1434, the great sultan of Bengal, Ahmad I Koch, has passed away. He would be known to all as the "Ahmad the Conqueror." Known for not only conquering half of India but, through diplomacy, ruled over the other half. His brother, Shuja, succeeded the throne and he was a born fighter as well. To honor his brother, Shuja named the successor, his three year old son, as Ahmad II. The rise to the throne also saw Shuja inheriting the Delhi throne and controlling practically all of India. Things look bright for Shuja but trouble already began brewing for the new sultan.

chapter16a.png

Rumors were soon spreading about Shuja poisoning the old sultan and proclaimed himself the new sultan. High officials in the Bengali government, upon hearing the rumors, immediately began investigating the matter. Before a report can be written, the nobles of the old Delhi had began revolting. They, believing the rumors, saw Shuja as a pretender and had no right to rule over them. Following their revolts, people from newly conquered Hindu states and kingdoms also rose up against the government. Shuja quickly ordered his troops to quell the rebellions. While the Hindu rebellions were easy to put down, the Delhi rebellions were anything but easy to quell. With a lot of influence and support, the Delhi rebellions began to grow larger. In a way, Bengal was fighting the nation Delhi itself. Shuja, seeing the seriousness of the situation, decided to head into battle himself. Leading 15 thousand men himself, he coordinated all the regiments to slowly wither down the rebels. However, the rebels seemed to become stronger with each passing day. Their numbers grew quickly and they soon began sieging all of former Delhi. Shuja, a skilled tactician like his brother, managed to overcome many odds and successfully put down many rebels. Like a war, he had to take the provinces one by one. Seeing how occupied he was with the rebels in former Delhi, more Hindu rebels began to revolt in hopes of succeeding. Shuja, sparing what little men he had, sent small detachments to face the Hindu rebels. These detachments, forced to use guerrilla tactics, succeeded in withering down the rebel's numbers before wiping out all the remnants of the rebellion. The fight for former Delhi still raged on.

chapter16c.png

As the civil war continued to rage on, more tragedy hits the Koch family. The heir of the Bengal throne, Ahmad, was being taught how to hunt by one of his uncles. The uncle decided to bring along six guards. The hunting party decided to go deep into the woods where prey should be quite abundant. The hunt was a great success as all the men, including the heir, got plenty of catches. On their way back, the small hunting party was ambushed by a dozen masked men each heavily armed. While all the guards in the hunting party took the enemy head on, the uncle was desperately trying to get Ahmad to safety. Before the uncle can reach a clearing in the woods, he was shot down by an arrow. The five year old Ahmad, stopped in the clearing to look back when he was struck down. There were no survivors from entire hunting party. The incident was only found out the next day when the palace guards went looking for the heir. When the news reached Shuja, he was heartbroken. While the assassins left behind no clues, Shuja was sure that the Delhi nobles were behind this. His younger son, Mahmud, would be the next successor. To prevent the assassination of his youngest son, Shuja ordered a full regiment to be his body guard. As for the sultan, he stayed at the front lines to continue the fight against the rebels.

chapter16d.png

For one, glad to see your Signature working!!! Two, LET ME SEE YOUR OH-SO GLORIOUS KINGDOM!!!

Thanks for your help with the signature. As for the kingdom, I somehow forgot to include it in the last post. This is before the great civil war. Looks peaceful, isn't it? :)

chapter16b.png

Such Beauty!!!

I assure you it looks worse with lots of black stripes :p.

Chapter 17 - The Bengali Civil War (part 2)

After a few years of fighting, Shuja finally reached Delhi. A victory here could very easily discourage all the other rebels. With 30 thousand men, Shuja began to siege the city of Delhi. The plan was to wait for the city to run out of food and the troops would surrender soon after. Things didn't go as planned when a heavy storm hit the battlefield and created a huge flood that kill a third of Shuja's army. As Shuja ordered his men to retreat to the high ground, the rebels began their counterattack. The rebels from the city first charged forward to catch the Bengal army off guard. While Shuja was trying to organize his men to defend against the attack, another rebel army charged down from the high ground to sandwich Shuja's army in the middle. After a week of fighting, the Bengal army was defeated and only a few survivors made it back to Bengal territory. Shuja was killed in battle and his son, Mahmud, became the next ruler. Due to his young age, a regency council was needed.

chapter17a.png

The death of the sultan and a rise of a very young sultan usually brings about succession disputes. For young Mahmud, he was definitely bless by Allah. With the Delhi rebels eager to kill any new Bengal sultan, there wasn't a single Bengal noble brave enough or foolish enough to become the sultan of Bengal. Mahmud, now 5 years old, began to grow up at a time of chaos. The regency council prepared many bodyguards for the young sultan and every precaution was taken. As for the war against the rebels, Bengal troops continue to fight on under the leadership of Aliya Rama Mayekar. Aliya was the great general that won the Jihads but his name never became well known until the rebellion. Since the death of Shuja, the Bengal nobles needed a strong general to lead their troops to victory. After much discussion, Aliya became the choice of general. In Aliya's first battle, he successfully drove back the rebels back into rebel territory. From that day on, Aliya was a name feared by the rebels. Rebel armies retreat the second they heard they were facing against Aliya. Being vastly outnumbered, Aliya still successfully contain the rebels to a small region. Battles after battles were fought but neither side were giving in. It looked as though the civil war may never end.

As Aliya was making his name heard, the new sultan wasn't relaxing either. Seeing the chaos in his state, Mahmud vowed to one day bring peace and prosperity to his state. He managed to persuade a renowned scholar, Jyeshtadeva, to be his tutor. Jyeshtadeva was born in the capital of Bengal, Barind. When he was a young boy, his father, a wealthy merchant, managed to send him to the University of Delhi. It was there that Jyeshtadeva showed his brilliance. He soon grasp everything ranging from politics to astronomy. When asked to teach at the university, Jyeshtadeva kindly rejected the offer and returned to Barind. While his father was wealthy, Jyeshtadeva still learned the hardship the poor faces from his mother. Therefore, he began dedicating his time on teaching the poor in hopes of bringing them out of poverty. The year he opened his school was the same year the civil war began. As the civil war rages on, part of the school was transformed into a hospital to help the wounded. It was during this time when Jyeshtadeva's name began to reach the Bengal court. Yet, it was years later that Mahmud heard of this man. Mahmud, hoping to learn from such a great man, sent many offers to Jyeshtadeva to be his tutor but all were rejected. Unfazed, Mahmud decided to see Jyeshtadeva in person. As though Allah had planned it, Mahmud arrived in time to help Jyeshtadeva successfully complete a dangerous surgery. The incident opened an opportunity for the two to discuss about many issues. Jyeshtadeva, seeing how promising the young sultan was, agreed in the end to be his tutor.

After your rebel problem, whats your next step? North, West, or East?

Someone is eager for more wars. We will have that in due time but there is something significant that will take place before any expansion. Before we go into all that good stuff...

Update 1

Time for an update! Europe has been revealed to me as:

update1a.png

Great Britain has been formed with Ireland also under their control. They got random provinces here and there but I have seen worse. The biggest thing about Europe is the big alliance between France and Castille. Castille surprisingly didn't form a personal union with Aragon, so they will need to wait for cores before they can form Spain. As for Aragon, they are left with The Baleares as their only province and allied with France (most likely liberated by France from another nation that took The Baleares). Burgundy is reduced to a 2PM while most of their original territory now belong to Flanders with the rest under France's control. Brabant has 3 of the 4 provinces, lacking the cores, to form Netherlands. They just need Holland and cores on all of them to from the Netherlands but Bohemia controls the last province, Holland. Austria lost territory after releasing Tirol and Styria. I believe Brandenburg most likely inherited Styria since they have cores there. However, Austria did take 2 of Venice's provinces and one province from Aquileia. Lithuania and Poland are allies but Poland doesn't have a personal union over Lithuania.

(If you have any other questions about the map, feel free to ask)

update1b.png

I'm quite rich but Dahan looks ridiculous. Castille, France and Great Britain are all doing very well in income as well. I'm surprised to see Morocco and Mutapa up there.

update1c.png

Dahan puts my army to shame. I'm not that far away from them so I won't be looking forward to the war.

update1d.png

Morocco rivaling Great Britain in ships. Don't see that everyday. The Bengal navy is basically non-existent.

update1e.png

I have a lot of conversions to do, if only if the red and blue colors can switch in the 'Provinces' pie chart.

update1f.png

At least my COTs are somewhat rich. I envy the Chinese nation, Dahan. Their COT has a larger value than all mine combined.

Chapter 18 - The Bengali Civil War (part 3)

10 years have passed since Jyeshtadeva agreed to be Mahmud's tutor. Mahmud, a bright student with plenty of potential, mastered many skills needed to rule his great Bengal state. At the age of 15, Mahmud finally took the throne of Bengal and now ruled over all affairs. The members of the Regency Council were also glad that the sultan reclaimed the throne. During the times when Mahmud was still too small, the members of the Regency Council were targeted since they were viewed as the new rulers of Bengal. The dissolving of the Regency Council meant that its members could safely walk the streets without fearing some with a knife in an alley waiting to ambush them.

chapter18a.png

For young Mahmud, things weren't going smoothly for the young sultan. The National Bank, the creation of his uncle, was facing more troubles. The civil war has forced Bengal to mint in order to maintain its large armies. The minting, at first, benefited the National Bank. However, the bank soon faced trouble when the civil war, with no sight of an end, drove all of their customers abroad. Slowly, the bank began to encounter more difficulties and needed another bailout from the government. Mahmud, with the same vision as his uncle, decided to bail out the bank with 200 ducats. The civil war was emptying the treasury but Mahmud was sure that he still had enough after the bailout. To deal with the inflation from the extra minting, Mahmud hired a very promising master of the mint. With some excellent planning and daring gambles, Jalal was successful at boosting the efficiency of the state minting. For the time being, Bengal still remained stable economically.

chapter18b.png

chapter18d.png

The Bengali Civil War began to enter its final stages. The people in Delhi have grown tired of rebelling and the new sultan of Bengal was rumored very promising. The Bengal general, Aliya, has become an old men. Yet, he still was a great leader that managed to push further into rebel territory. For Mahmud, there was more great news in the state capital. His wife managed to give birth to a son who he named Firuz. Mahmud's tutor, Jyeshtadeva, said that his son is promising with just a brief look. The birth of the heir was seen as a sign of a new beginning. The soldiers under Aliya fought harder and, before long, they reached Delhi. Luckily for the sultan, the body of his father was recovered from the battlefield. Mahmud ordered a proper burial along with the other two sultans. Hoping to end the civil war once and for all, Mahmud decided to head for the frontlines and direct the siege on Delhi personally.

chapter18c.png

8-8-8 followed by 7-8-7?

The bengal nation is truly blessed

What is this Bengal nation you speak of? I only know a nation called Hindustan. And yes, Hindustan is blessed.

Chapter 19 - The Unification of Hindustan

After three months of siege, Delhi finally fell. Bengal soldiers stormed into the city and rounded up all the Delhi nobles. For Mahmud, the betrayal of these nobles was unforgivable. He ordered an execution to warn any other groups that are foolish to challenge the sultan. The Delhi nobles, along with their families, were all executed where Mahmud's father, Shuja, died. In a way, the death of the these nobles and Shuja represented a new beginning for Bengal. Bengal, considered a nation after the civil war, had indeed began to write a new chapter in history. The sultans of Bengal have accomplished a magnificent feat. They had united much of Hindustan. The execution of the Delhi nobles have also proven to the former Delhi people that the Bengal ruler is a very capable ruler. Thus, all people within Bengal sworn their allegiance to the young sultan and the nation of Bengal once again was united under one ruler.

chapter19a.png

Mahmud immediately took an decision that would impact his nation for centuries. The place called Hindustan has been fractured for many centuries. Nation rose and yet not one was able to match what Bengal has accomplished. Bengal, once a state that faced many powerful enemies, has risen above all other nations in Hindustan through warfare and diplomacy. Now, a new chapter would begin for the nation. However, the name Bengal would be a thing of the past. This new nation deserved its own name. Controlling much of Hindustan and home to people of many cultures, this nation was worthy of the name Hindustan.

chapter19b.png

The divided Hindustan has nearly unified. As a new power in the world stage, Mahmud was determined to transform his nation further by starting the Indian Renaissance. As a student of a renowned scholar, Mahmud knew the importance of innovation and change. The Renaissance has already begun in Europe and great changes have begun there. To make his nation a great power in the world stage, Mahmud knew that his nation will need to go through its own Renaissance. One that would encourage learning in literature, science and religion. In a way, the people of Hindustan would attempt to to recreate the Islam Empire that once ruled over many. To spread their influence from India all the way to Europe.

chapter19c.png

Chapter 20 - A Little Housecleaning

(Barind, Hindustan)

"I'm afraid it's time to say goodbye, sultan. I feel honored that I could be your tutor. Now, I feel that you have nothing to learn from me because you have surpassed me. I wish to return to my school to continue teaching our people."

"Jyeshtadeva, I am glad that you were willing to become my tutor. Your teachings have taught me much and yet I feel there are still so much I can learn. I know I cannot force you to stay but please accept my donation to your school. I hope your students will serve this nation well now and in the future."

"I will try my best, sultan. Before I leave, I hope to learn what your plans on for the upcoming years. The Renaissance will bring about a new age for science, literature and religion but I doubt you'll be satisfied with just that."

"I knew my tutor knows me best. I do plan on expanding my nation. Civil war is cruel because you fight against your own people. Now that we are united once again, we can focus on the external enemies."

"If you don't mind me suggesting, I think the Hindu states should be your first target. They have, in more than one occasion, supported revolts while we were in a civil war. You mustn't let them get away with it."

"It looks like we both had the same idea. The Hindu states are a problem and I will deal with them personally. Looks like it's getting late. I wish you good luck with your school. Maybe, you just might make it an university one day."

"Goodbye, sultan. I know that Allah is with you. Make us proud."

Jyeshtadeva then left the court and went back to his school. With the generous donation by the sultan, the school quickly expanded to accommodate a large percentage of lower and middle class people. The literacy rate of the capital city of Hindustan improved steadily. The city itself became the home to many scholars, many of whom were escaping from war in their own nation.

chapter20a.png

Mahmud, the sultan of Hindustan, declared Jihad against five Hindu states that posed the biggest threat to some of his provinces. Many rebels were supplied by these five states and many citizens of Hindustan, as a result, died in the conflicts. The violence has not only spilled a lot of blood but also affected the economy of the provinces. Seeing how these states stirred trouble during the civil war, Mahmud knew that they would continue their operations unless they were wiped out completely. Even for a great ruler, Mahmud had a limit to tolerance and he felt the Hindu States tested his limits. His men and generals, now veterans due to experience gained from the civil war, easily overwhelmed his enemies. Soon, the five Hindu states fell and all accepted annexation. For Hindustan, Southern India is now completely under her control.

chapter20b.png

"Sultan, they stood no chance. I fear there is a small problem."

"What do you mean we have a problem, Abhaya?"

"The men felt that the enemy were defeated too easily. They barely had time to enjoy their glory and the Jihads just ended."

"I see, do you have suggestions?"

"Yes, sultan. There are four other targets we can take. They have sent raiding parties into our borders and caused problems. We need to teach them a proper lesson."

"Interesting, I approve your plans."

"Thank you, sultan."

chapter20c.png

"Before I leave, there's one more thing, sultan."

"Go ahead."

"There's Arakan. Our armies have occupied them and they're waiting for your order."

"I thought I said to extract a good sum of ducats and those kingdoms can go free."

"If that was the case, I would follow your orders. However, I realized that Allah has given this mission to your uncle. I was cleaning the storeroom when I came across the document."

"What did the document say?"

"Much of it has been unclear. I could still make out 'Allah' and 'Remove Arakan from the map.' I am almost sure that it meant that Arakan must be annexed."

"Let me see it. I'll give you some time to bring it."

"I have it with me, sultan. Here it is."

"I agree that it's quite clear. Annex them then."

"Yes, sultan."

chapter20d.png

perhaps in time, even the yellow emperor will kowtow to the sultan?:happy:

We'll see. The Chinese nation is very powerful and taking them on would be a pain.

Chapter 21 - Shifting Focus to Southeast Asia

"Sultan, three more of our wars have ended. Looks like things are going very smoothly for us."

"The Majapahit navy has been blockading us and hurting our trade in coastal provinces. I hope that our war with them is one of the three."

"Indeed, sultan. Further internal conflicts and instability has weakened the Majapahit more. They were all to willing to have a white peace. Our trade is resuming now but, overall, the blockades didn't have any impact on our nation."

"For the merchants and fishermen, their livelihoods were at stake. I wouldn't say that the blockades had no impact. Remember that all people that live in Hindustan deserve our attention. We don't pick between the rich and the poor."

"Yes, sultan."

"I assume the other 2 wars meant the annexation of two more kingdoms?"

"The two kingdoms would be Ladakh and Bhutan."

chapter21a.png

A few months later.

"Sultan, Taunga and Pegu have declared religious war on us."

chapter21b.png

"I've never heard of these nations."

"These are nations from Southeast Asia. The annexation of some kingdoms have opened the path to Southeast Asia. I would strongly advise you to expand there as some provinces there are very rich."

"I see, how's our other wars going? I don't mind sending more men to our new wars. My gut is telling me that something big is going to happen there."

"Sultan, we heavily outnumber them. Surely, they wouldn't be a threat to us."

"Abhaya, never underestimate your enemies. I have a feeling that things may just get messy soon. How many men do we have in reserve?"

"We have 45 thousand men that we can deploy."

"Send them all in. I have a feeling we will have a tough war ahead of us."

A day later.

"Sultan, I received report that all our other wars have ended. We can now focus on the southeastern front."

"Good, the big wars now begin."

chapter21c.png

may the righteous sultan produce a map so that his subjects can better appreciate the breadth of glorious hindustan?

hindustan1.png

Yes, I'm having rebel problems. As for why, you'll have to wait to find out.

Chapter 22 - Son of Heaven (part 1)

(Beijing, Dahan)

"My emperor, your meal is ready."

"Can't you see I'm busy with documents!"

"I'm sorry, emperor. Please forgive me."

"Get out before your head starts rolling."

The Eunuch quickly exited the room. Not long after, the emperor's favorite concubine enters.

"Emperor, you should eat now."

"My love, why are you here? I'm almost done here with these documents."

"You can do them later, emperor. We can't have you get sick. What will this great nation do without you?"

"I'll eat on one condition."

"What's your condition, emperor?"

"You will have to spend five nights with me."

"That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I'll agree to three nights."

"Three nights it is. I guess I do need a rest."

The emperor and his concubine walked towards the dining hall.

"There's something I want to tell you, emperor."

"What, my love?"

"The diplomats from Muscowy looked at me funny. I'm worried about what they want to do with me."

"Those pigs! I'll execute them immediately! Guards!"

10 guards arrived before the emperor.

"Execute the Muscowy diplomats. They are a threat to our nation!"

"Yes, emperor!"

The Muscowy diplomats were brutally killed. Their heads were sent back to the Muscowy ruler.

(Moskva, Muscowy)

"My king, our diplomats to Dahan have returned."

"That was quick. How are they feeling?"

"Not very whole."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Only their heads returned. The Dahan Emperor executed them."

The king of Muscowy unsheathed his sword and walked towards the map of Asia. He made a slash across Dahan.

"Prepare for war! We won't stand for this. The emperor of Dahan will feel the wrath of the Russian people."

"Yes, my king!"

Last edited: