• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gen. Marshall

Generalfeldmarschall
5 Badges
Apr 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
ToreachtheWolgabanner_zps23123d67.png

WritAAR_zps283f5232.png

WritAAR of the Week

Universally famed:

" You've never played HoI.
You just make an extra-narrative AAR with the screenshots from other AARs.
That's why I can't see the dates on them! "

- Ikarases

Table of Contents:

Chapter I: Unfinished Business
Orchestral Prelude

Chapter II: Her Portion Be the Scaffold
Chapter III: Dora
Chapter IV: Disaster
Chapter V: The Other Side of the Don
Chapter VI: Twice for Every Yard
Chapter VII: All It Takes Is a Little Push

Chapter VIII: A Month of Fighting
Musical Interlude

Chapter IX: Voraus den Kameraden - coming some time or other...

Last edited:
Chapter I: Unfinished Business

The 2nd of December, 1941 was a glorious day for the German Reich. After 5 months of Blitzkrieg, the frontline soldiers of the 258th ID could finally see the spires of the Kremlin. It was also on that day that German hopes of capturing the Russian capital that year were crushed. Winter had come.

WoundedGermansMoscow_zps40bca1e9.jpg

The Russian winter, which had already proven itself a great aid to the Imperial defenders in 1812, would now be the prelude to the first decisive counterattack of the war. The disciplined and modern German army simply lacked the winter equipment to prevent their lead units from being routed. In a series of bloody battles, the Heer was pushed back a fair distance from Moscow. The frostbitten German soldiers, unable to apply any pressure on the opposing Red Army soldiers, had no choice but to dig in and wait for the worst to pass.

174.000 German soldiers would be wounded, killed or captured in the Battle for Moscow. However, 650.000 of their Russian counterparts shared their unfortunate fate; these defenders of Moscow had heroically given their lives to defend the capital, yet their performance made it clear that the Wehrmacht was still the superior fighting force. Sure, this white hell would endure for some more months. And after that would come the spring mud that kept the Panzers in place. But then, as the sun shone and the snow had melted, the German assault was to be resumed in all its might. Fall Blau would be the devastating blow that knocked the Soviets out of the war - or would it?

First Update | Orchestral Prelude ->

Last edited:
Never seen an AAR from you before - is this your first?

In any case, this looks promising.

EDIT: I guess I timed my comment well. An intriguing start to be sure.

DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME??? :D

I´m too tired at this point, so I´ll read your work later.

But... finally! :D

Zjsbsbnklmlllllll!!!!????? I see ghosts I think, you An AAR!? Subbed of course :)

Looks interesting. In.

Never seen an AAR from you before - is this your first?

In any case, this looks promising.

EDIT: I guess I timed my comment well. An intriguing start to be sure.

Yeah, it's my one and only AAR. Been here for a year now, but I really couldn't stand the shame Ikarases had me go through anymore ;)

DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME??? :D

I´m too tired at this point, so I´ll read your work later.

But... finally! :D

Zjsbsbnklmlllllll!!!!????? I see ghosts I think, you An AAR!? Subbed of course :)

Nope - no ghosts! I am actually legitimately writing this!

Looks interesting. In.

Good to have you all here. One introduction chapter and four comments in, I think the public is very varied already. Although, fair enough, I know all of you, but I guess that's the perks of being around for a year.

Of course, if anyone has questions, comments, or generally wants to bother me, feel free to comment!

I certainly hope this won't distract you from your important work of constantly commenting on other people's AAR.

Wow! Gen. Marshall has started an AAR! :)

Good luck :D
Thanks! Let's see whether or not I can repeat your sucess as Germany in AoD. By the way, I'm looking forward to your new MP AAR!

I certainly hope this won't distract you from your important work of constantly commenting on other people's AAR.

Now I'm distracted....

Subbed.

Luckily for the both of you, I never get distracted. Unless, of course, the specific thing I have to concentrate on is homework. Or anything related to school - no, anything I don't like, really. Or when I see a bird. In all seriousness though, I like reading other people's AARs way too much to stop commenting on them, although I'll probably stop editing Ikarases' screenshots and stop making five fake evidence files to convict Dadarian.

On which difficulty do you play?
Subbed... :)

Normal difficulty - I don't like getting negative modifiers in combat.
There's a catch though: I'm using Army AI. Although I might intervene when it messes up badly, general rule of thumb is that the AI fights, and I report on it.
I see you have just started an AAR of your own as well - I'll go and have a look at it.

Yah! General marshalls doing an aar. This should be pretty fun.

I hope so!
In any case, thanks to you all for dropping a comment :)

I want an update and i don't want to wait until Friday! So give me one please :mad:

*Sunday.

The orchestral prelude is not really my work, at all, even though I think some of you will be really happy to hear it.
WHAT!!!!!!!!! SUNDAY, I want an update ! I can be very annoying if i don't get one....:mad:

I never get distracted. Unless, of course, the specific thing I have to concentrate on is homework. Or anything related to school - no, anything I don't like, really. Or when I see a bird. In all seriousness though, I like reading other people's AARs way too much to stop commenting on them, although I'll probably stop editing Ikarases' screenshots and stop making five fake evidence files to convict Dadarian.

I don´t get distracted neither, even when everybody bothers me while I´m at my computer. I literally put on my "fuck off" mode and that works quite well :) It also has a few negative outcomes though...

But you´ve made me only one picture for my AAR, let alone it wasn´t all that cool; it was blurry and that soldier looked somewhat quirky too :D But maybe you have an obsession of taking my screenies and editing them on your own. Who knows :p

Duh, I´m oversarcatic last days...

EDIT: I see you´ve here a real party going on. You have already a full page of comments here. Well done! :)