• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't you think EU4 should have had a Victoria-esque scoring system?

On the topic of the hardest, is there any possibility to survive as Sardinia? Every time I tried them I saw Aragon invading and annexing. If it's not Aragon, it's Savoy. Haven't tried a statistic on 20-30 startups to see how many times it happens, I just gave up the 7th try or so. While trying other countries specially to observe Sardinia, it happened in a number of cases to survive the same wars. What should I hope for? Vasalization by Sicily? I am open even to gamey suggestions, just to not involve editing/cheating.

Did you try ally with papal states declare war on tunis on day one move your ship with 1 troop to gabes disembark take gabes and gafsa demand gabes and vasalization then try to declare war on tripoli if there allied with the mamluks try to declare war on ally of them then let them occopy gabes , aragon will be done with there war on navarra so the will declare war on you but since gabes is occopyed by tripoli the cant get 100% and the cant annex you .
The will demand a tribute and you pay it and the war ends what to do in the future dunno .

Edit make sure you built a galley you don't want Tripoli to occupy Sardinia after your ware with argon

So i have been playing a few years and argon keeps attacking me but he just ask for 16 gold and i accept peace i get in a lucky break Morocco and there ally attacks me and England defender off faith assists me with Genoa and sicily we occupy Granada and i force them to annual there alliance with Algiers and a few months after that castille attacks Granada and Morocco i take ifni and hope to explore rio the ore and give mellila to England leaving Morocco shattered .

I got really lucky so far castille even asked me to ally them so i don't think argon will survive another dow on me .

Last edited:
On the topic of the hardest, is there any possibility to survive as Sardinia?

I have a Sardinia game going.

Day 1, get DoW'ed by Aragon, Savoy or both. Ask for military access from Spain, ship 1 regiment to Cadiz, unless Castille has DoW'ed Granada, in which case declare separate war on Granada and land in Gibraltar. Now it's up to the RNG whether you win your siege first, but I didn't have a problem with that. Demand Gibraltar, peace out with any aggressors for most of your treasury. Game over averted for now!

After that you'll have to pay close attention to what's going on in your region, prey on weakness! In my game Naples bit off more than they could chew in fighting them + Savoy vs. Britanny, Burgundy and England. With the help of some loans, mercenaries and military access from the Papal States I managed to strike before they could recover. Got three provinces off of them, so now I'm sitting pretty with 5 provinces and 1 core. Rebels galore means having to make concessions to the biggest rebel spawner, ie Napoli. Got Apulia from Sicily + vassalized them. Got the two middle provinces off of Aquileia + vassalized them. Apulia and Rome are cores from Claims on our rivals! event.

Just two cores means I'm not making a lot of money in taxes, so I've been minting heavily to maintain my army. 13 percent inflation in 1433 :/ In ~20 years I'll get 4 cores and from there it'll be smooth sailing if I can get my inflation down. We'll see.

sardinia1.jpgsardinia2.jpg