• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Precisely; I think that the dominion countries should inherit your primary culture as their primary culture and any of their cultures as accepted cultures along with your accepted cultures.

Like I'm playing as Germany... I release Hungary and they inherit North German as a primary culture and accepted cultures being South German and Hungarian. This would be pretty historical since countries would never let dominions/colonies govern themselves... as seen with the policy of whites-only as presidents of South Africa.

As I see it it's fine as it Is as even though the african dominion didn't have my primary culture I would think at least they were being heavily influenced by my culture and were speaking my language. It also simulates nicely how slowly the pops in the dominion of your culture might start changing into the dominant culture and therefore feeling less like citizens of my country and more like members of the dominion.

As I see it it's fine as it Is as even though the african dominion didn't have my primary culture I would think at least they were being heavily influenced by my culture and were speaking my language. It also simulates nicely how slowly the pops in the dominion of your culture might start changing into the dominant culture and therefore feeling less like citizens of my country and more like members of the dominion.

True; if say you were Britain and when you released Canada all British POPs automatically transferred to Anglo Canadian... but I think with the primary culture idea it gives a sense of being in the "protection" of the mother country... AKA dominion... I don't know; I would just feel a lot more inclined to release dominions if they would inherit my cultures.

What's up with France being against the liberation of Poland?

Because the British are for it? The crisis system often pits you against other GPs, other than an actual interest in the crisis itself.

Awesome. Good decision letting Avindian write one up. I like your informative style.

(Not that I don't like your style, Svip!)

Great!

True; if say you were Britain and when you released Canada all British POPs automatically transferred to Anglo Canadian... but I think with the primary culture idea it gives a sense of being in the "protection" of the mother country... AKA dominion... I don't know; I would just feel a lot more inclined to release dominions if they would inherit my cultures.

As podcat said, in the final release, there should be proper cultural inheritance.

What's up with France being against the liberation of Poland?

Because the British are for it? The crisis system often pits you against other GPs, other than an actual interest in the crisis itself.

Exactly.

Awesome. Good decision letting Avindian write one up. I like your informative style.

(Not that I don't like your style, Svip!)

Thanks so much! I do try.

For me, the first number doesn't look like a summary of the latter two.
more of -100 + -500 + 100 = -500

That might make sense if Russia's numbers weren't perfect for what's given...

We'll just say they're in the general area and move on. :)

Subbed!

I have high expectations for the crisis system. I hope it will offer a good approximation of the Concert of Europe and the Great Power system - just as A House Divided contained the spheres of influence mechanic, and the simulation of economic penetration of the periphery. One can expect that countries like Austria and the Ottoman Empire will be far more challenging, with crises brewing and the player having to judge whether to dig their heels or give in. And it will add yet another layer in the colonial game. I am curious to know if the game delivers conferences, where each power acts transparently - you know why they act the way they do - and, up to a certain point, predictably.

Subbed!

I have high expectations for the crisis system. I hope it will offer a good approximation of the Concert of Europe and the Great Power system - just as A House Divided contained the spheres of influence mechanic, and the simulation of economic penetration of the periphery. One can expect that countries like Austria and the Ottoman Empire will be far more challenging, with crises brewing and the player having to judge whether to dig their heels or give in. And it will add yet another layer in the colonial game. I am curious to know if the game delivers conferences, where each power acts transparently - you know why they act the way they do - and, up to a certain point, predictably.

Glad to have you along! Conferences, of the style you mention, are modeled quite transparently with the crisis system, in that you generally know why each GP acts the way it does.