• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One question regarding necessary techs and inventions: is it possible that you've researched the tech first, however another country gets the inventions first and will start colonizing before you can?

It's not impossible, but it's unlikely. There's a bonus chance for having the tech, so the nation researching it has a higher invention chance, but the base chance is high enough that once anyone has it it spreads fairly rapidly.

added 50 dynamic countries

Ouch my poor computer. :sad:

This gives me the kick in the posterior I need to buy a that new processor and motherboard I've been thinking about. Because I. NEED. THIS.

These changes seem awesome. Just what was needed.

Question though: do you still have to be atleast a Secondary Power to be able to colonise? Or do you just need the techs and inventions. Thinking specifically about Portugal, Spain and Liberia.

This looks great! :D Although, shouldn't colonial points be generated by other means too? The United States' colonization of Oregan, Utah, Oklahoma, and other states had nothing to do with the navy.

This looks great! :D Although, shouldn't colonial points be generated by other means too? The United States' colonization of Oregan, Utah, Oklahoma, and other states had nothing to do with the navy.

Neither did Russia. I think this is to prevent an austrian rampage on Africa, or a russian one for that matter.

While I can't really judge how colonization will play out (nice to see that blobbing all of sub-Sahara Africa will be much harder, though) I'm totally worked up for the strategic implications, ie the need to build a navy to be able to colonize (Hello there, Germany) and building it large enough to discourage rivals from attacking you and sinking all your ships (Hello there, Two-Power-Standard). While merchant fleets and sea lanes are still not in there I think that's a huge step in the right direction. Noice.

Just a question that comes to mind and I think hasn't been answered in the Naval warfare DD yet: Will naval battles give more WS than 0.1% now?

Ouch my poor computer. :sad:

This gives me the kick in the posterior I need to buy a that new processor and motherboard I've been thinking about. Because I. NEED. THIS.

These changes seem awesome. Just what was needed.

Question though: do you still have to be atleast a Secondary Power to be able to colonise? Or do you just need the techs and inventions. Thinking specifically about Portugal, Spain and Liberia.
Question regarding performance: Has any optimisation been done (yet) to ensure that it runs at least as fast (or at least as slowly!) as previously? The big problem I have with APD is the really severe performance hit, and I'll confess that it worries me that the base game's going to go the same way.

Neither did Russia. I think this is to prevent an austrian rampage on Africa, or a russian one for that matter.
I agree, this needs to be addressed. Though I'm sure it will be, won't it Paradox? ;)

Hmm, I just wonder:

If you get into negative colonial points, what happens to colonies? Just a freeze in any activity, or actual loss of colonies?

How open to modding are these dynamic countries in their creation? Would it be possible to have both a Bolshevik Russia as well as a White Russian country in order to have a Russian revolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.