France not capitulating in WWII campaign

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palfouri

Colonel
26 Badges
Jul 25, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I'm playing the 1939 scenario. It's 1942, and Germany has all of France occupied, but it hasn't surrendered yet. They're still fighting on in Africa and Vichy hasn't been created yet. I'm not sure if this is WAD or if this is a bug, though if it is a bug, I assume it's because Italy has Marseilles, which is a victory point. This also seems to be holding up both Barbarossa and the invasion of Yugoslavia; neither have happened, but Pearl Harbor has.

I have the Steam version, and therefore no CD key, so I can't post this in bug reports.

I'm playing the 1939 scenario. It's 1942, and Germany has all of France occupied, but it hasn't surrendered yet. They're still fighting on in Africa and Vichy hasn't been created yet. I'm not sure if this is WAD or if this is a bug, though if it is a bug, I assume it's because Italy has Marseilles, which is a victory point. This also seems to be holding up both Barbarossa and the invasion of Yugoslavia; neither have happened, but Pearl Harbor has.

I have the Steam version, and therefore no CD key, so I can't post this in bug reports.

As far as I know Vichy creation is an event so there is a chance that Germany could choose to take all of France and continue the war its not a bug its just unlikely for the ai to do.

No. There is no "Vichy". France surrenderes and agrees to Germany's peace terms.
Anyway, there is a possibility that France chooses to "keep fighting" in the events, so this is what may have happened (Italy in Marseille would only you trigger the event).

I'm proud of France... :D

Q: How do you confuse a French Soldier?

A: Give him a rifle and ask him to shoot it.

-----------------------------------------

Q: What Does "Maginot Line" mean in French?

A: "Speed bump ahead"

-------------------------------------------

Q: What's the motto of the US Marine Corps?

A: Semper Fi (Always Faithful)

Q: What's the motto of the French Army?

A: Stop, drop, and run!

But Vichy is created right?

From Wiki:
'Vichy France,[2] Vichy Regime, or Vichy Government, are common terms used to describe the government of France that allied with the Axis Powers for industrial purposes from July 1940 to August 1944. This government succeeded the Third Republic and preceded the Provisional Government of the French Republic. It officially called itself the French State (État Français), in contrast with the previous designation, the French Republic.'

At least in DH full, France surrenders, makes peace with the germans with the germans occuping territory, and a few days later Free france is created in africa. AC says there is no Vichy because there is no Vichy tag, DH just uses the french tag headed by petain.

At least in DH full, France surrenders, makes peace with the germans with the germans occuping territory, and a few days later Free france is created in africa. AC says there is no Vichy because there is no Vichy tag, DH just uses the french tag headed by petain.

Exactly.

As the poster above said, no. France surrenders as usual, but it doesn't change its name. It's name is France and remains France.

As another example, after the end of WWI, Germany changes its flags, but not it's name. There is no "Weimar Republic": that's what we call it now, but at that time the country was simply called Germany as before.

Q: How do you confuse a French Soldier?

A: Give him a rifle and ask him to shoot it.

-----------------------------------------

Q: What Does "Maginot Line" mean in French?

A: "Speed bump ahead"

-------------------------------------------

Q: What's the motto of the US Marine Corps?

A: Semper Fi (Always Faithful)

Q: What's the motto of the French Army?

A: Stop, drop, and run!

Person A: What's the most common French phrase?

Person B: I don't know.

A: C'mon, try!

B: I don't know, I give up...

A: That's it!!! :D

France hasn't surrendered for me either.

France hasn't surrendered for me either. I control all key points and have armies on each. I have destroyed it's entire army. It fired the Vichy france event but nothing happened. I could never annex the country. I started in March, Now it's july 1940 and I still can't annex the country even though I control the entire country and I had to wipe out their entire army. They never surrendered. Events fired but the army never gave up. Very annoying. I controlled Paris in April. Do I have a bugged game?
Thanks,
J

I'm playing the 1.03 1933 version and this is the first game I've had on this patch. I love it. I was so happy to be able to finally get to paris with Germany after the nightmare that playing germany was in the previous versions. Does anyone know if this is correct. When I occupied Paris on 3/27/40 the 2nd Ribbentrop offer happened a few hours later and on 4/2/40 Italy joins in because it received the "the allies are about to lose the war" option. Yet No Vichy prompt. I occupied Vichy and Paris in a second boot up and nothing. I'd start a new thread but I don't know how.

Thanks Again,

Paris is not enough, you have to occupy more of their Victory Points in France.
Anyway, sometimes (5%) the French can decide to keep fighting and they don't surrender.

It seems like a fairly common occurrence for me. Many times higher than 5%, it seems to happen in over 20-30% of my games. I play lots of minor games at extreme speeds (on a fast computer) and it's remarkably annoying, it was very rare(5% makes sense) up until either 1.03rc1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.