• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, sorry. Great, that makes me even more scared. TWO Hitlerite countries are in the making.

And no, I don't plan on getting shot. Well, not fatally anyway.

((Nope, neutral countries (as Sweden/Switzerland are) align to changing factions, just to stay centered.))

Oh, I see. I've never played HOI3, as it's been made obvious.

Great update !!! I like the scene where the girls enter Stalin's song. And the song popped in my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc (No, its not the Sugababes version... I don't want Yakushev to get shot :p )

Sad to see Rep. Spain to crumble so fast, I had plains... But on the there hand, a Nat. Spain saves us so much leadership.

...But on the there hand, a Nat. Spain saves us so much leadership.
Yes, if we want a friendly Spain, we may have to take a direct approach.

Quite. My judgement on Republican Spain's survival rate was a bit idealistic. Hm.

((They survive quite often now. Something like 40%.))
In my 5 test games, the Republicans never survive even to the end of 1936. I still accepted them as a war goal because I see the USSR controlling all of Europe anyway.

In my 5 test games, the Republicans never survive even to the end of 1936. I still accepted them as a war goal because I see the USSR controlling all of Europe anyway.
((Hell, getting them into Comintern before Germany falls, is stupid (opening the way to Gibraltar for Hitler). Anyhow, who wins is mostly dependent on luck - Spain's armed forces get randomly split, and whoever has gotten the upper hand in that split wins.))

((Hell, getting them into Comintern before Germany falls, is stupid (opening the way to Gibraltar for Hitler). ))
LOL, I mean after Barbarossa. When the red tide sweeps through all of Europe.

This will be a fun situation to watch from the outside in. I have practically no understanding of how HoI3 works but watching the Bear menace Europe is always good and it'll be great with a cast of characters working behind the scenes with their own agendas.
It's a shame that the Spanish Civil War turned out to be a steamrolling rather than the long and drawn out slog that it was historically but I suppose the Nationalists give you another nation to conquer introduce revolution to later on.

Oh, sorry. Great, that makes me even more scared. TWO Hitlerite countries are in the making.

And no, I don't plan on getting shot. Well, not fatally anyway.

Indeed, Switzerland is the greatest possible threat to Soviet domination. :p

((Nope, neutral countries (as Sweden/Switzerland are) align to changing factions, just to stay centered.))

Brackets aren't necessary for the update thread; I assume everybody is OOC unless they're posting a flavor update or state they're in character.

Hahaha, I like the potrayl of Gey! 'Personal indiscrations' is a good one! Poor Gey just likes to get friendly while drunk, 'tis all. :p

I'm glad you liked it! You can run with it as far as you like; I left the details up to you (keeping the thread family-friendly, of course). ;)

Oh, I see. I've never played HOI3, as it's been made obvious.

((That's new with TFH))

No need to feel bad; I've yet to play a game of TFH besides this one, and I got TFH the day it came out. In fact, all told, I've only finished two complete games of HOI3! (Not counting We, the People.)

Great update !!! I like the scene where the girls enter Stalin's song. And the song popped in my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc (No, its not the Sugababes version... I don't want Yakushev to get shot :p )

Sad to see Rep. Spain to crumble so fast, I had plains... But on the there hand, a Nat. Spain saves us so much leadership.

When I have played, I rarely see Republican Spain succeed.

Yes, if we want a friendly Spain, we may have to take a direct approach.

Quite. My judgement on Republican Spain's survival rate was a bit idealistic. Hm.

((They survive quite often now. Something like 40%.))

((Hell, getting them into Comintern before Germany falls, is stupid (opening the way to Gibraltar for Hitler). Anyhow, who wins is mostly dependent on luck - Spain's armed forces get randomly split, and whoever has gotten the upper hand in that split wins.))

LOL, I mean after Barbarossa. When the red tide sweeps through all of Europe.

Spain will indeed be a target, but later.

Any non-players lurking? We still have vacancies, y'know!

The NKVD needs a new deputy.

That looks more like a threat, than a vacancy advertisement... are you in character? :p :p
LMAO! Comrade, you performed most excellently. Now I need a new deputy since you have been promoted.

This will be a fun situation to watch from the outside in. I have practically no understanding of how HoI3 works but watching the Bear menace Europe is always good and it'll be great with a cast of characters working behind the scenes with their own agendas.
It's a shame that the Spanish Civil War turned out to be a steamrolling rather than the long and drawn out slog that it was historically but I suppose the Nationalists give you another nation to conquer introduce revolution to later on.

Any non-players lurking? We still have vacancies, y'know!

Sirk, wouldn't you like to join in on the parteh?

Sirk, wouldn't you like to join in on the parteh?
The last (and only) interactive AAR I tried to join ended up keeling over dead not that long after I jumped in so I may be a harbinger of doom. I'll think it over while I'm sleeping. Do you think I should read a bit of the other thread to see what it's like behind the curtain? (EDIT) Also I'm rather unfamiliar with how things were historically in that time/place which might be an impediment to playing along 'properly'?