• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The mod doesn't use any modified Chinese event file. So the event file for China is the standard Chinese event file from FtG.

The intent for the original Aberration (which this is based upon) was that only Europe should change - the rest of the world should be similar.

EDIT: Did the culture switch happen immediately after you lost the province or did it take some time?
I did some search and found an explanation :
in non-European conquered provinces that contain colonial cities (1000-5000 pop), whenever nationalism ends, the colonial city's culture will change to the primary state culture. This effect only works if the settlement culture is different from the base provincial culture.

The mod doesn't use any modified Chinese event file. So the event file for China is the standard Chinese event file from FtG.

The intent for the original Aberration (which this is based upon) was that only Europe should change - the rest of the world should be similar.
Where is it written in the scenario file ?
The only thing related to events that I found in the scenario file is this :
#######################################
#
# Aberration eventfiles
#
#######################################

include = "db\events.txt"
events.txt contains only this related :
# Vanilla events for the rest of the world

event = "db\events\vanilla_ann.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_dai.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_chg.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_dlh.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_inc.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_kor.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_kzk.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_mch.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_mog.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_nip.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_per.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_tib.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_tim.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_vie.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_vij.txt"
event = "db\events\vanilla_flavour_nip.txt"

Then it looks like the vanilla China event file is not used by Aberration anyway.

If you want cultures not to switch like it happened in your game, you need to go to Db\Map\geography.txt:
Code:
#culture_change = yes/no            If yes, culture of the colonial cities turns to primary culture of the country when nationalism fades away (default is yes if not specified).

Actually it seems as if no FtG RotW events are used - only the old EU2 vanilla events for a series of countries. That could be changed, although it would also make sense to check for eliminated countries (Spain, Portugal?) being used in them and either removing those events or making them usable for any European nation.

Outside Europa, Aberration lacks the following coutry vanilla event files :
Asia :
chi #talks about russia
ayu
ksh
kab #doesn't exist in Aberration
Near Europe :
mor #talks only about Spain
fez #talks only about Spain
ald # talks only about Spain
akk # doesn't exist in Aberration

So I modified China event file and added China, Ayutthaya and Kashmir vanilla event files : View attachment 49380

Last edited:
I used the Validator
Things to solve :
Ids of leaders/monarchs of FIN, HSA, and BRI are duplicates of vanilla leaders/monarchs ( of CNW, LAN, POK and YOR).
"core" in event files ("core_national", "core_claim")
"secedeprovince" in event files ("cedeprovince")
"morale" in country .inc files (changed name ? disappeared ?)
a lot of "blabla is not a valid area/region/continent" (case sensitive ? edit:yes)
Pirates.inc knows provinces that doesn't exist
"religion = exotic" in provinces.txt
and small things

Last edited:
How did that happen ?
landunit = {
id = { type = 4712 id = 9587607 }
name = "Dreger""
location = 117
date = { day = 0 month = may year = 1599 }
development = no
morale = 3.675
inf = 0.000
cav = 1000.000
art = 0.000
}
armynames.txt :
BRI = {
"Armée Royale"
"Armée de Bretagne"
"Corps Hermine"
"Corps Argent"
"Corps Sable"
"Corps Blanc"
"Sainte Anne"
"Aerlu Dug"
"Aerlu Ar Armor"
"Aerlu Ar Argoat"
"Aerlu Bro Gernev"
"Aerlu Bro Zol"
"Aerlu Bro Leon"
"Aerlu Bro Naoned"
"Aerlu Bro Roazhon"
"Aerlu Bro Sant-Brieg"
"Aerlu Bro Sant-Malo
"Aerlu Bro Dreger"
"Aerlu Bro-Wened"
}

Initial units can have any name - namelist is for units created during the game.

The logic behind the name (if any) is beyond me - I only worked on Kalmar Union and Golden Horde :D

Initial units can have any name - namelist is for units created during the game.

The logic behind the name (if any) is beyond me - I only worked on Kalmar Union and Golden Horde :D
That army was created in 1599. The problem with that name is the symbol at the end ("), which makes loading that save impossible.

EDIT : There was a missing " in armynames.txt ("Aerlu Bro Sant-Malo). It may have caused the problem.

New version : View attachment 49448
I have corrected that problem and another one in major_cal.txt ("which=" and "value=" inverted in a "cedeprovince").

Last edited:
Ah, then I get it. And nicely spotted. I might have to come back and replay this mod once more. :D

While you are at it, I'd probably delete that Dreger name and rewrite it, in case it uses some odd " that isn't recognizable as such (like '')

But I'm sometimes overthinging things :p

I have thought about making a random America generator (random map generator that changes only America). The Europeans didn't know what was there, so it would be somewhat historical. It would also fit with Aberration's theme. Do you think it would be good ?
Ramdom map generation would be done by an external program. How difficult would it be ?

Last edited:
Oooh, that is a very tricky question.

First you'd have to make a reasonably sensible continent (fractals?), but then it should also be divided up into provinces (and impassable terrain) and the provinces should have resources and natives.

Also, seazones, at least coastal ones, would also have to be changed. And the map format in EU2/FtG wasn't the easiest to work with.
Still, I'm not the one to say anything is impossible - but you should probably start by learning how to make a map if you don't already know how to. :)

It works, but it is still not final.

New version with corrections thanks to the Validator : http://www.mediafire.com/?916b6q3kbwbz71r

to correct :

- There are monarchs with ids 30001 to 30013 in both YOR and FIN files. (YOR may exist and its possible existence is essential for some Scottish events)
- colony names : some countries want FRI, GER, ITA or POL colony names. Were they in a old EU2 game ?
- randomleaders.csv -> leadernames.txt (or copying leadernames.txt from FtG and adding HEI and MIN leader names)
- some minor other things I will do

Could someone help me to do the three things above ?

Last edited: