• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As you know, for almost the entire duration of this AAR, I of all people wanted this to continue - at any cost.
Although I still would like this AAR to continue, I do think that the current level of activity just isn't enough to keep this rolling. And since I do think that a new interactive AAR will attract more participants, most likely be less reliant on activity, and perhaps be even more awesome, I'll vote Nay. With pain in my heart.

With this vote comes my advice to keep the pre-war period in the next AAR as short as possible. Wars attract an audience.

Aye!

I vote Aye.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

As you know, for almost the entire duration of this AAR, I of all people wanted this to continue - at any cost.
Although I still would like this AAR to continue, I do think that the current level of activity just isn't enough to keep this rolling. And since I do think that a new interactive AAR will attract more participants, most likely be less reliant on activity, and perhaps be even more awesome, I'll vote Nay. With pain in my heart.

With this vote comes my advice to keep the pre-war period in the next AAR as short as possible. Wars attract an audience.

Early poll:

Aye: 2
Nay: 1

((I think this AAR has taken its course, I vote Nay in hope of a new one))

I change to Nay. I've rethought it.

I'm going to change my vote to Nay after rethinking it. Gen. Marshall's points make more sense now. Our victory against Stalin is guaranteed anyway.

I vote NAY as I feel like we're fishing for reasons to keep it alive. It is quite the interesting endeavor, but our time is probably better spent on your next awesome project.

New poll:

Aye: 0
Nay: 5

((I can't help but say that it's somewhat fitting that the person who got us into this war with the Soviet Union is now one of those voting to end it. ;)))

This is a pretty decisive vote -- so decisive I'll go ahead and call it an AAR here. I may post one final update here, to at least give us a little bit of closure, but for all intents and purposes this AAR is complete. I'm going to start working out exactly how the next AAR is going to work out -- there will be fewer players, so to speak, but they will be much more important. I want to thank everybody for participating; it's been a fun ride, to say the least! By this weekend, I'm going to be sending PMs to those people with significant roles in this AAR thus far; after they've responded, I'm going to then post an open announcement in this thread for additional volunteers, if spots are open. At present, the current and former Chiefs, Theater Commanders, and party leaders are getting the early invites. I want to, ideally, get the new AAR up and running this weekend, if not early next week.

Elexis Sinclaire for President 1944 is all I can say!

Sorry, my ego got the best of me. I hate to see the AAR go, but nothing lasts forever.

Final briefing

Ladies and gentlemen of Congress,

By now, I am sure you've all heard the news. This will be my last briefing in front of you, as I have decided to retire with the successful conclusion to the war in Europe. General Marshall is my replacement as Presidential Chief of Staff, so you aren't quite done with him yet.

The coup in the Soviet Union was completely unexpected, and yet, is perhaps the ultimate evidence that Communism simply cannot prevail. Apparently, Generalissimo Stalin's declaration of war on the United States, Turkey, and Japan was completely unauthorized. The new General Secretary -- Vyacheslav Molotov -- is well known to us, and while he is certainly no friend to democracy, he insisted upon an immediate cease fire. The President insisted upon those terms already authorized by Congress, and Molotov had no choice but to agree. I do not know the full details of the incident, and perhaps we never shall, but our boys are coming home.

That's all that matters.

Good night, and God bless America!

Admiral William D. Leahy

((Something I whipped up to give us a sense of closure. Not entirely realistic, perhaps, but I do think it sums everything up nicely. :)))

((I really enjoyed this AAR, but I agree that it was time to end it. I'm looking forward to the next AAR, and hopefully I'll get a chance to join in from the beginning if there is enough space. It's a shame we couldn't bring democracy to Russia, but it's probably for the best.))

Last edited:
((I liked the ending.)

((I really enjoyed this AAR, but I agree that it was time to end it. I'm looking forward to the next AAR, and hopefully I'll get a chance to join in from the beginning if there is enough space. It's a shame we couldn't bring democracy to Russia, but it's probably for the best.))

((I liked the ending.)

((Glad you've both enjoyed it!))

I am sad to see it end. I will be back from the reading of the will on Tuesday. After that I will be free to participate in the next one. I look forward to it. Might I suggest Japan? From an RP perspective, the interplay between the various individuals and groups presents some interesting opportunities. I have upgraded to TFH, though I am trying to deal with the graphics bug. The EU3 fix appears not to have worked for me. :( Once I get that straightened out all will be well imo. My TFH Germany campaign is going very well. I think HOI3 has finally caught my interest with this newest expansion.

I can't help but say that it's somewhat fitting that the person who got us into this war with the Soviet Union is now one of those voting to end it.

Although true, the reasoning behind my decisions is simple. Any and all wars require popular support. And although even this new Soviet government is not completely democratic, the fact that they are not communists has eroded the will of our people to continue this difficult war. So, we'll have to settle for this peace.
- Senator Ryan Marshall (D-NV)

US_zpsfaf760b8.png

Ladies and gentlemen of the Senate; Military personnnel of our great nation;

I would like to thank Admiral Leahy for his great contribution to the greatest War for Peace we have ever fought. I am sure he will be satisfied with the result of his excellent leadership. And although I can't announce the reason for his retirement, I can announce that William Leahy will be enjoying a well-deserved retirement in the great state of Wisconsin.

Steps will soon be made to remove the old German government from power, and democratic governments have already been installed in Hungary and Romania. A timetable for the withdrawal of our troops from Europe has been drafted, and we expect that all drafted personnel will be able to return to the States by May of this year. Voluntary personnel will remain in Germany, and at the invitation of Prime Minister Churchill, at bases throughout the United Kingdom. I am confident that our place in the world is secure - now, it is only a matter of time until the capitulation of Japan.

God bless America!

General George C. Marshall, Presidential Chief of Staff

Re: the next project; I'm waiting for approval from a full moderator before I begin. I've already decided the country, the alt-history break, everything. It's one I've wanted to do with HOI3 from the moment I bought it, but only with TFH does it seem to be really possible.

Before I start the threads, people will be getting the PMs. I'm looking at 10 major players, with about as many minor players. I won't say any more... yet... but if it works out as I hope, it should be a lot of fun. :)

Re: the next project; I'm waiting for approval from a full moderator before I begin. I've already decided the country, the alt-history break, everything. It's one I've wanted to do with HOI3 from the moment I bought it, but only with TFH does it seem to be really possible.

Before I start the threads, people will be getting the PMs. I'm looking at 10 major players, with about as many minor players. I won't say any more... yet... but if it works out as I hope, it should be a lot of fun. :)

Sounds like good fun.