• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey all, I seem to be having a problem with the mod. Any ideas?

13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: Could not open C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis III - complete/mod/Converter/common/religion.txt
13-02-04 15:22:36: Parsing culture mappings.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Parsing religion mappings.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Parsing continents.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Importing adjacencies
13-02-04 15:22:36: Importing trade good data.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Converting countries.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Warning: title c_aoudaghost never had a holder. Using arbitrary de jure vassal for EU3 country parameters.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Warning: title b_aoudaghost never had a holder. Using arbitrary de jure vassal for EU3 country parameters.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: couldn't find any character to use for title b_aoudaghost conversion. I will probably crash now.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Warning: title b_tichitt never had a holder. Using arbitrary de jure vassal for EU3 country parameters.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: couldn't find any character to use for title b_tichitt conversion. I will probably crash now.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Warning: title b_moudjeria never had a holder. Using arbitrary de jure vassal for EU3 country parameters.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: couldn't find any character to use for title b_moudjeria conversion. I will probably crash now.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Warning: title b_ksarelbarka never had a holder. Using arbitrary de jure vassal for EU3 country parameters.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: couldn't find any character to use for title b_ksarelbarka conversion. I will probably crash now.
13-02-04 15:22:36: Error: couldn't find any character to use for title c_aoudaghost conversion. I will probably crash now.

Hey all, I seem to be having a problem with the mod. Any ideas?

That's rather odd. Does it crash after that?

Also, can you upload your save somewhere for us to take a look at? At the very least, I'm curious how some of that is even possible.

I admit I was merely testing it out (I'm in 1380), making sure it would work before I got my hopes up. I'm sitting at work now but should be able to have it up tomorrow'ish I think.

and yes, it crashes after that.

I borrowed the game from my wife and couldn't update until I bought it via paradox a good month later, so yeah it started with a clean 1.0. The graphics would be all messed up every time I updated the borrowed game. Was really weird

btw how do I upload my save here?

I borrowed the game from my wife and couldn't update until I bought it via paradox a good month later, so yeah it started with a clean 1.0. The graphics would be all messed up every time I updated the borrowed game. Was really weird

btw how do I upload my save here?

Uploading it to somewhere like Google Drive and putting the link here is probably your best bet. CKII save files tend towards the... substantial.

Make sure to zip or otherwise compress it first, too. Because of the way the saves are structured, they compress really well.

I get a permission denied error trying to download the file, so I can't try this, but I did have an idea. You might try removing the 1.6 section from province_mappings.txt (it's at the top). That'll unmap all the new provinces, and I think that might be enough to make the converter throw out the titles before they cause problems.

Have you added Tanistry and Ultimogeniture to the converter yet? qnd of not, what happens if someone does have it as a succession law?

No, and (I'm guessing) bad things.

Life (and work) are just crazily-busy at the moment.

how did I go from this(I am Norway):
A19DC409817FC7C734140CA850D19F90C530512C

to this:
0DDB595D427A032C22528507874A3BC683D9D740

Version 6 not support 1.091?

Also the look at this error in the log:
13-02-11 01:56:37: Error: bad relationship modifier in ruled_years

and that error is probably about 30 times in the log:p

how did I go from this(I am Norway):
A19DC409817FC7C734140CA850D19F90C530512C

to this:
0DDB595D427A032C22528507874A3BC683D9D740

Version 6 not support 1.091?

Also the look at this error in the log:
13-02-11 01:56:37: Error: bad relationship modifier in ruled_years

and that error is probably about 30 times in the log:p

I'm guessing you held the both of the Kingdoms of Norway and Sweden? The converter will make those PUs (or if the various laws are right, merge them). It's configurable, incidentally.

And that error is the most obvious of the symptoms of our not yet supporting 1.091. We've fixed it internally, but we need some time for the new succession types.

I'm guessing you held the both of the Kingdoms of Norway and Sweden?

If he held Sweden, then there's a pretty questionable part of Poland that wasn't his before, but is Sweden's now. And the Golden Horde suddenly owning all of Estonia and half of Finland instead of just two provinces in Lithuania seems a bit bogus too.

Edit: and if you look carefully, it seems that Sweden actually still exists in CK2 (on Gotland).

venomnightmare: I don't think there's anything in 1.09 that should impact province ownership. It would be helpful if you could upload the save.

So in my most recent conversion Pisa became Zaporozhei and Genoa became York and Connaught became Bosnia. There might have been others but these are the ones that stood out because I know there are available tags that are correct...

If a republic owns the HRE it converts as the Emperor but cannot hold the title ever again because republics can't be elected emperor in EU3. This directly conflicts with CKII where there it's perfectly possible to invade HRE and be elected emperor multiple times in patrician elective. I apologize if you've heard this before but it's something I thought was interesting.

Been getting closer to getting everything to work for more but recently hit a roadblock what with the new update and such. I have gotten the last version to work ok but the difference between the old CKIIplus files and the new ones caused me to get a "e_of_papal_state" title that didn't exist lol. Now that ive made it a good ways into my current game I have tried to convert that one, redownloaded all the converter files and merged the common folder of the CKII plus mod over the common in the main CKII folder and began the conversion. It crashed while generating opinion modifiers and didn't give me a single error in the logs =/. Any idea what this might entail?

So in my most recent conversion Pisa became Zaporozhei and Genoa became York and Connaught became Bosnia. There might have been others but these are the ones that stood out because I know there are available tags that are correct...

Hmmm...are there rules for mapping the titles to the correct tags? I seem to remember that our rules are still pretty minimal, and the data files are very much not my focus.

If a republic owns the HRE it converts as the Emperor but cannot hold the title ever again because republics can't be elected emperor in EU3. This directly conflicts with CKII where there it's perfectly possible to invade HRE and be elected emperor multiple times in patrician elective. I apologize if you've heard this before but it's something I thought was interesting.

I can't recall if it's been mentioned before, but it is something that occurred to me awhile back. Sadly, it's something we can't do anything about.